Your funniest base hitting story

The_Jerk
The_Jerk
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
We all got them, and they are worth tellin', so let's tell 'em here.  Mine was just updated today.

Had a level 50 come down and use a small Orion on my dock and do 18 min of repairs, then drive his sw's up my chanel right into the cerbs, followed by a levi fleet that couldn't make the first turn.  Okay, that's funny enough.  But then, the guy pm's me and says he's not gonna take it layin' down.

So, I let the dock repair on it's own, 18 whole minutes, and then send an mcx fleet up to his base.  Go in, do a quick prep to kill off his lc's and bb a's.  Don't know what was on 'em, they never got to fire.  Took out a howie and cerb while I was in on the prep.  Repositioned and went back in.  Just as I clicked join battle, I got the urge to take a dump, really really bad.  Okay, this dump was not gonna wait 5 minutes so I had a choice to make.  Park in his base or retreat and take my dump or take the laptop to the commode with me.

Well, I quickly unplugged the chill pad, 2nd monitor and power from the laptop and off to the commode I went with it.  While takin' my dump the base got leveled doin' instant repair damage to the mcx fleet, literally, and the guy pm's me that I have no skill.

So, what is the strangest way you've ever hit a base?
  • JDredbull
    JDredbull
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 108
    Whilst offline, i forgot i sent the fleet on a 40min trip and went to bed, woke up with a dead fleet and the resources, checked battle log 86% damage
    I think I will call this raid a day, Poor me something tall and strong, make it an hurricane... Its only half past twelve, but I don't care, its five o'clock somewhere...
  • Brademus-Krieg
    Brademus-Krieg
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 887
    When my base turned level 40 I, like everybody else, yelled my head off on the Forum about how our bases we being destroyed constantly. So I get my base repaired and a level 12 jumped one of my SW fleets. I yelled, "Hey what in the hell are you doing?" as I moved away from him thinking it was a mistake. He types back on the Comm, "Shutup or I will destroy your base too." I turned and sank him in less than 10 seconds and ask him why in the hell would he do that? He said he read how easy base level 40s are on the Forum so he just knew he could destroy one also. I swear that this is the truth and I won't embarass him by telling his name. It reminded me of another time, when through a Starlight Scope, a heavily armed Marine saw 3 hopped up VC on a waterbuffalo charging a Base Camp. So funny it kind of stuns you at first.

Sectors 489////493////121////88///121////8

"Life is hard. If you are stupid its harder."

Tried alliance, sail under no man's colors but mine, if I dance I will choose the fiddler and the tune.
  • birdmantle
    birdmantle
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 194
    Some mid-40s butthead bragged about finally upgrading his launchpad to level 5, and announced that he was rearranging his base to protect the new LP.

Shortly thereafter, a friend of mine hit a nearby base, and the lvl 5 launchpad butthead called my friend a #$Q$^@[email protected] for hitting in sector.

Since the butthead's base was unbubbled and I happened to be in the neighborhood, I popped in to take a look. His base was open in three places, all of them conveniently located near his dock, warehouses and new lvl 5 lp, respectively. 

Now, I was peeking with FvF ships, but this was just too good to pass up. I went through door #1 to get his warehouses, then door #2 to get his dock. Exited and re-entered, then went through door #3 to kill his new lvl 5 launchpad, and spent the next 4.5 minutes flattening the rest of his base with assault cannons.

And, finally, sent him the following message: "All my friend did was make a clean hit on a base. What I just did, now THAT'S being a #$Q$^@[email protected]"
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
    Well, a very long time ago, when I was but a mere lvl 20 or so, some idiot 3 minutes from my base decided to rimjob me. I sent out my thud-barges or thud-levis or whatever I had ATT, found that he had a square base. I got all his WH and OP, filled up to 500% and went home. No more than an hour or so later the same idiot comes and rims me again. So I went and got another 500% load offa his base.

And then there's this one lvl 41 or so in the sector over from mine who's had a square base since he was a lvl 26 before the level update, and hasn't changed it at all since then. Whenever I need easy res or to blow off some steam, I 100% his base. Hell, a couple times I've taken just his WH and OP with a single shockwave levi and 4 cargo FFs if I'm in a hurry and my real ships have better things to be doing.
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    edited 24 Mar 2013, 8:31PM
    hit a base

neighbour gave me grief in a PM so i levelled him as well with the same fleet

came out to find seven fleets waiting for me, let them hit me - puny missiles vs RA3/high drac bonuses and shocks/siege mortars

sank four, the others left

both bases relocated
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• wichart
    wichart
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 224
    Back in my early 40s, right after the level change, I saw someone flattening a neighbor's base.  I decided to attack him with my SW fleet when he exited the base, which didn't matter much because he only had one Levi left with just a sliver of health.  He PMed to tell me to mind my own business and not interfere, and I told him that neighbors have to look after each other.  He responded "You're right", then 5 of his bigger neighbors showed up at my base.  LOL.  Once my shiny new bubble was firmly in place, I PMed back "Well played."
    Started on 7/17/2012.
  • Laevus
    Laevus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 245
    I was out ranking up a Strike Cruiser Assault Missile fleet, autoing 40s and after BPs at the same time. Standard build, Assault Missile x4, hailstorm B x2, SFB3, LT3, nothing else, no armour. After being out for ages the gf came home from the gym, so I right clicked my base and recalled fleet.

I came back online an hour later to hear whining on comms about me hitting my neighbours base and tearing it apart. I didn't understand and checked the battle log. My auto missile fleet had filled up to 500%, done around 60% damage to his base and were still sat under his bubble. They had instant repair damage. I must have clicked my neighbours base somehow, and clicked attack isntead of recall. I apologised greatly, put my WHs out for him to hit in return, but he chose to relocate when I told him a redesign of his base should be considered.
  • SavAHoe
    SavAHoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 592
    Went to hit Base A, and player B came to try and snipe my fleet with subs. I had my sub killers under the base, as well as another baser under a drac base. Base A was do-able with 0 damage.

Theyre all watching me hit Base A. Meanwhile, Ive left it on autopilot, and hit his subs with my sub killer [also auto], while making a Beeline for his base with my other baser..

Leveled Base A, Base B, and sent player B's fleet home all at the same time.. The messages of "HACKER" had me loling for weeks, Its too bad i lost the video in a reformat. :/
  • LeafErickson
    LeafErickson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 29
    I was headed to hit a base and saw my base under attack. I recalled the fleet and went to my base to defend. When the battle was over I had a weak bubble but got a notice my fleet was in battle. I went to the fleet to find it setting in the channel of the base I was going to attack with the turrets about all dead. I finished the hit moving things along so it wouldn't time out, left with a 50% damaged fleet and 500% load and never even lost my bubble.

• Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Laevus said:
    I was out ranking up a Strike Cruiser Assault Missile fleet, autoing 40s and after BPs at the same time. Standard build, Assault Missile x4, hailstorm B x2, SFB3, LT3, nothing else, no armour. After being out for ages the gf came home from the gym, so I right clicked my base and recalled fleet.

I came back online an hour later to hear whining on comms about me hitting my neighbours base and tearing it apart. I didn't understand and checked the battle log. My auto missile fleet had filled up to 500%, done around 60% damage to his base and were still sat under his bubble. They had instant repair damage. I must have clicked my neighbours base somehow, and clicked attack isntead of recall. I apologised greatly, put my WHs out for him to hit in return, but he chose to relocate when I told him a redesign of his base should be considered.
    I have a story just like that. 

Last day of Base Invaders 2. Serious sleep deprivation. I've got multiple fleets out autoing low-level targets and a lengthy rotating repair queue to keep track of. The "attack" button on other people's bases just happens to be in the same spot as the "recall" button on my own base. 

So, I had a wolf fleet finish up attacking something, and I (thought I) clicked recall. I go into my base to check the repair queue. I notice that my fleet is taking a long time to get back to dock. I go out to the map to look for it. I see that my neighbor is under attack. I go back into my base, find another wolf fleet, and go out to ambush the attacker. I am confused for several minutes why I am unable to click on the attacker's wolf fleet. 

Eventually I notice that one of my other fleets has been in a battle for an awfully long time, much longer than it should take to auto a low-level BI outpost. End result, no real harm done to my fleet or his base - I just rimmed a bunch of res gens. 

(\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • NBE-01
    NBE-01
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 418
    This one time at band camp:

• Davef
    Davef
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 365
    My favorite happened about 1 month ago:

I was a level 52 at the time

Had just jumped into a new sector and then was offline for 2 days, with the exception of literally a few minutes here and there to hit repair between attacks
    come back online to the following:

I had a bubble of course, so, started reviewing the battle replays first:

• a level 66 hits my base with MCX fleet in what looks like a prep - 26% damage 
    • 13 hours later, same dude, MCX fleet - 27% damage
    • 13 hours later, same dude, MCX fleet - 8% damage (a little gun shy perhaps ;-) )
      • a few minutes later dread-x fleet- rushes into channel  - dies - 19% damage
      • a few minutes later - Specter Fleet dies in channel - still 19% damage
      • a few minutes later - another dread-x mortar fleet - dies in channel - 30% damage
    • 13 hours later, same dude - MCX fleet - dies in channel 39% damage
    Now, for the funniest part: I come out of my base and notice I have a PM from this guy. It was short and sweet:  You're base sux 

I now go to look up his coords in my battle log, to retaliate after my base repairs, and, he had jumped 200 sectors away LOL

• madmac
    madmac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 104
    Best story ever. Some Jerk tried my base 3 times then I took him with level 36 striker fleet for 100%