Drac Hunt 2: Was it hard or easier? Truth Vs. Myth

The_Jerk
The_Jerk
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
There has been a mixture of threads about Drac Hunt 2 being harder than Drac Hunt 1, many saying that the fleets in it are even tougher than last raid and that it is insanely overpowered.  So, after having run Drac Hunt 1 and 2 through all 50 Targets respectively here is the T vs. M thread from your's truly.

Let's clear up 1 thing right away:  Drac Hunt 2 does require YOU to inflict more damage points on the Drac Fleets than Drac Hunt 1 did.  This is evident in the scores.  Drac Hunt 1 required 1.8 Mil points if you ran targets 1-50 with no help and repeated nothing.  Drac Hunt 2 is closer to 2.5 mil points.  So yes, from the standpoint of armor on the vessels being hit there is approximately 38% more armor this go around (someone can check the math on that) and I arrived at this conclusion based upon using the leaderboards and what my score was when I completed all 50 targets in each event.

Now, is it harder overall or easier?  

This question is tough for me to answer but I'm going to try.  For me, it was easier overall, cost significantly less and took about 2 hours less time.  But, for Drac Hunt 1 I only had 3 MCX's built and Drac Hunt 2 I have a full fleet of 5.  So of course, I will see DH2 as having been easier from that perspective, more firepower means more dps per second, more armor to stay in the fight longer which means in the end an overall easier battle.

The ranges on things like torpedos, missiles, mortars all seemed similiar.  Even the rockets on the **** MCX's that I discovered if you got to close.  Harder items were the level 50 with a 2nd Nemesis boat in it and the level 47 did seem harder this time around.  

However, all typhoon's this time around were dropped by my MCX flt except for the 35 & 49 whereas last raid they were all done with the ballistic fleet which takes more skill to drive and has a higher repair bill due to reduced range.  Yes, level 30 was a pain in the ****, but I don't seem to feel it was any worse than last event.

Overall, I'm calling this raid a balance and a myth towards those who say it's harder.  Yes, it has more armor on the drac fleets, yes there is an extra Nemesis, but you've had a month to build a better fleet (good fvf takes about a month to build), you knew we had more Drac Hunts coming (come on, Kixeye always does at least 4 of something) and you had the time to practice your skills, review videos of last event and research better tactics, along with the fact that kixeye gave us hot buttons for this event, first event we ever had them in.  In additon, we got to keep our mercs and our gift crates.  

I thought Drac Hunt 1 was a great event in that it gave us an event that got increasingly harder as we went, Drac Hunt 2 simply built upon that, utilized the skills and knowledge we gained in Drac Hunt 1 making it absolutely in my book, hands down 1 of the best raids ever.

As far as the type prize goes.  4 hours 20 minutes, 168 coins to get the Thresher, Phalanxes and a token Maelstrom.  Yeah, it was definitely worth it for these toys.

No, not gonna do a review on the Thresher this raid, you guys gotta figure that one out on your own.
  • freeedom
    freeedom
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,255
    edited 24 Mar 2013, 3:55AM
     "were dropped by my MCX flt " - easy for most with this fleet. Much harder and  alot more costly for those without it. I don't think it was balanced nor fair, i also think it wasn't worth the cost. Just my opinion and hunt 3 will be no better and even more of a rip off.
    freedom  NBK                                                                                                                     

Lv66 - ID 990134                                                                                                              

http://www.youtube.com/user/freedom14639?feature=mhee

• Weresquirrel
    Weresquirrel
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 9,977
    Doesn't really cut it to run a truth vs. myth around a single rare hull.  
  • richb40k
    richb40k
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 729
    The_Jerk, I usually don't disagree what you say 'cause your information is correct. But this time I have to disagree on one point that stands out.

1. Good FvF ships takes a month to build - Unless your building paper Sea Wolves or Sea Scorpions sure, you can grind out the event and I have nothing against players doing that, it avoids the high cost of these events and it gives players with no Drac Hulls to get the good stuff. But, as anyone knows, any decent Drac hull takes much more time to build and repair. Your MCX's will take over a month to build a fleet, SC fleet about the same amount of time. The Juggernaut (this months' tier 4 prize - a poor choice to offer this one) will take over 3 months to build a fleet of five and by that time any information that a player has gleaned from previous raids will have become useless because KIX would have risen the bar even higher and the Juggernaut fleet he took 3 months to build will have to be refitted to meet the new threat or be scrapped and those 3 months it took to build would have been wasted. 

I used the exact same fleets SC and BC to go all the way to tier 4 in Drac Hunt 1 with no coins (I chose not to spend money on repairs), this time around I was able to utilized (to my surprise) my Barracuda fleet for most of levels 1-24 (I couldn't use them against Typhoons for obvious reasons) so I switched over to my SC and BC fleets. But when I hit levels 26-30, My 2 fleets (SC and BC fleets) took a helluva pounding, much more than in Drac Hunt 1. Now its a fact that KIX makes the events harder than the previous ones, I know that and can live with it. But in Drac Hunt 1, my fleets made it to level 35 before the real damage started. Now its starts at level 26, whats in store for Drac Hunt 3? heavier fire power starting at level 15? Then the additions of Typhoons, I know they were in Drac Hunt 1, but only in levels 10, 20, 30, 40 - maybe 50, I didn't finish tier 5. Now they're in levels 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 - don't know about levels 35, 40, 45, I didn't go that far but I'm assuming that they were there. Whats next? putting them in every level? 

So yes, in my opinion this event was harder than Drac Hunt 1.

This one is directed at the players with chips on their shoulders - Yes, some players gutted it out and I applaud them for it. But don't bash the others because they're having a difficult time with this game or event. Just offer some help instead of criticizing their inability to better grasp the in's n out's of this game. You've been here longer or you're better players than others, there is a lot of variables in this game to understand, a helping hand is better than telling them to stop whining and quit.

Battle Pirates : I.D.  357,****  - Level 75 - I play it still, no more coining.

War Commander :  I don't play anymore.

Backyard Monsters : I don't play anymore.

Vega Conflict : I don't play anymore.
  • bigbang-993
    bigbang-993
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,645

richb40k said:
    Then the additions of Typhoons, I know they were in Drac Hunt 1, but only in levels 10, 20, 30, 40 - maybe 50, I didn't finish tier 5. Now they're in levels 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 - don't know about levels 35, 40, 45, I didn't go that far but I'm assuming that they were there. Whats next? putting them in every level? 

So yes, in my opinion this event was harder than Drac Hunt 1.

i dont honestly believe there was an addition in typhoons im sure i remember them being in the 15, 25,35 and 49 last raid as well as this one 
  • C-Bz
    C-Bz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 882
    edited 24 Mar 2013, 7:57AM
    Wow, 38% more armour. I am not surprised. For us with only 1 good fleet thats massive. I stopped at the end of tier3.
    Kixeye you are disgusting. A 38% increase in armour is ridiculous. You dont have to be a genius to realise that 38% armour makes their ships fire 38% longer and do 38% more damage. Its absurd, really. The difficulty level should remain the same with amendments to ships and tactics. 
    This is why players are leaving, this relentless greed for more coin. I really really dont understand why difficulty levels have to rise like this , we can build 1 decent ship every 15 to 20 days, how the hell are we supposed to kill fleets that take 5 fleets to kill when we have 1 fleet ? Oh yes of course coin, coin , coin. Not going to happen in a game that allows 20 mins per day of pleasure because the rest is repair times , this has stopped me coining completely not increased my coin.

Oh yes, and my spectres were getting shot by everything at ranges that gives sonar of at least 50 on most ships, that wasnt on Drac hunt 1 either. 

Who in business puts up prices by 38% A MONTH and survives. The answer of course is nobody. 
  • Michigan Marauder
    Michigan Marauder
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,787
    I am so glad you told us long range MCX made the raid easy for you. Holy crazy cat woman....no one could have figured that out on their own. Who told you this secret? I do thank you for sharing this with the masses. I bet people are going to be pissed off that you gave away a secret that no one has figured out except you. This is actually one of them threads where you would in the past call them a stupid **** and point out not everyone has the hull. I guess you have changed and deviated from giving real feedback that the general game can use.....

I liked being kited by dics with torps on my ballistic fleet
    I liked being driven up on when using a mortar fleet
    I liked being destroyed in my SWs before launching an attack

Remember old raids where you could use different tactics? 

When you are able to stay out of harms way with long raid missiles that fire 65% faster than other peoples of course the raid is easier.....This is a missile based raid in order to take the least amount of damage. I wish you would go back to giving real feedback that matched what the general population had at their disposal.

Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php

WoW Alpha Tester

Holy crap I need to get my eyes checked.  I thought you had typed, "Will we see midget strippers dancing on our whorehouses?"

Sarcasm and jadedness is all we have left - everything else costs Uranium now. -Grumpy Pirate

• Chepus
    Chepus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 581
    Easier or harder, all a matter of perspective and attitude coupled with wallet size and equipment. No one can criticize anyone unless they are standing in their shoes. This raid will possibly have been easier for a few, but it seems for the majority it was a great deal harder and that was of course by design. Its the nature of the beast. The only way any "feedback" is ever listened to by a company is when it hits their bottom line. Don't like their business practise.......don't coin. I voted with my wallet, what did you do? Each to their own.
  • C-Bz
    C-Bz
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 882

Easier or harder, all a matter of perspective and attitude coupled with wallet size and equipment. No one can criticize anyone unless they are standing in their shoes. This raid will possibly have been easier for a few, but it seems for the majority it was a great deal harder and that was of course by design. Its the nature of the beast. The only way any "feedback" is ever listened to by a company is when it hits their bottom line. Don't like their business practise.......don't coin. I voted with my wallet, what did you do? Each to their own.
    It should be obvious to all the game is coming to an end, so all those coining heavily now are throwing money down the drain.
    A company will grow a healthy games revenue by expansion of players and keen pricing, when the player numbers fall and we see 38% monthly increases then it is the death nell. Battle Pirates days are numbered. How many more increases like that before everybody stops playing ? The last mission was absurd, the difficulty level must have at least doubled. 

• Gdub41
    Gdub41
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 83
    I like the Raid , tbh 

my best moment was lvl 41 prepped for me with only one MC left, when i entered there was half dead Dredx too, ok cool killed the dred and MC got me, send in next fleet Dred x is back at same health and MC is same health , happened for times kille 4 fleets.

I asked the Prepper to go back in Lo and behold the Dred x is Back for a 5th reincarnation lol

anyways ticket in see what happens. 

I do beleive Drac health was up , Hunt 1 i could 30-39 with one to two fleets Hunt 2 took 2 - 3 fleets . LVL 35 took 5 fleets.

this with SC & BC fleets that will take 5-6 OP's each in weekly raid before repair.

add extra coin to get alliance buddies to tier 4 Jugg and Kix must be rubbing there hands to gether
  • Brush_Your_Teeth
    Brush_Your_Teeth
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 18
    my views on difficuly lvls yes i found the fleets had more armour and fire power but i did find it easyer as i had refitted my fleets ready for this raid so the lower lvls in sector are finding it easyier now as i am helping to prep fleets for them if there willing to try for them selves then i will help them so instead of criticising them give them a hand