UPDATED AGAIN:

just some small informations,some ppl may not know these:
+Turret Platform takes 82 range in each side of it
+Bunker,Silo,Power Plant,Storages take 110 range
+CC takes 180 range
+Wall takes 22.5 range
+Wall take 4 small grid,so that means,each grid take 5.625 range

it means
+if a lvl 5 Mortal,Napalm,Plasma is placed behind the other Turret/Building (MGT as example),lvl 3-> HF can destroy that Turret/Building without hited by the Turret

+if a lvl 5 RBT is placed behind behind the other Turret/Building,lvl 6-> HF can destroy that Turret/Building
*note:
HF must stay in a Perfect Straight line,a Perfect 180 degree 
take out a ruler and make a straight line pass through the center of Turrets,and HF must stay on that line
HF lvl 6-> should be able to destroy the Turret without being hitted by RBT
this is why:
lvl 6-> HF's range is 468
RBT's range is 466,after reduced by having a Platform in front of it

• Vazh ReLoaded
    Vazh ReLoaded
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 9
    thanks for the useful information , this is a great advantage when scouting and attacking bases 
  • mlovolm
    mlovolm
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 796
    edited 23 Mar 2013, 3:42PM
    actually,the range can be more than that,because i found this when using lvl 5 Cobra(263) to destroy Mortal in opposite side of lvl 5 Gun Turret(350)
    350-263=87

its possible that Turret Platform take 100 range,Silo,Storage take more than it a bit,so,around 110 range

p.s:61 views and 1 comment :))
  • Frederick795
    Frederick795
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 203
    mlovolm said:
    +if a lvl 5 RBT is placed behind behind the other Turret/Building,lvl 6-> HF can destroy that Turret/Building without hited by the Turret

Tested, false.
  • Simpson Bart
    Simpson Bart
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,003
    mlovolm said:
    +if a lvl 5 RBT is placed behind behind the other Turret/Building,lvl 6-> HF can destroy that Turret/Building without hited by the Turret

Tested, false.
       I also have some issues with these numbers. I'm making a thread of my own, shortly.
  • mlovolm
    mlovolm
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 24 Mar 2013, 4:47AM
    this is how i calculated out how much range the platform take:
    Cobra lvl 5,range 263,can destroy Mortal Gun,that next to lvl 5 Machine Gun,range 345,in the Opposite Direction
    345-263=82 range

it should work,HF lvl 6-> should be able to destroy the Turret without being hitted by RBT

i tested it too,i worked for me,did u guys leave something in front of the HF?
    because it was very very close numbers,466(RBT) vs 468(HF),only 2 range different
    let's imagine that,a wall take 4 grid,22.5 range totally
    and this is even smaller than 1 grid

its just only 2 range
    if u make the HF get out of the line,it will be hitted,because that 2 range will have gone if u dont make them stay in line,it must stay in a perfect straight line
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,760
    edited 4 Apr 2013, 7:49AM
    ok I'm lost.

mlovolm said:
    UPDATED AGAIN:

+CC takes 180 range
    +Wall takes 22.5 range

it means
    +if a lvl 5 Mortal,Napalm,Plasma is placed behind the other Turret/Building (MGT as example),lvl 3-> HF can destroy that Turret/Building without hited by the Turret

+if a lvl 5 RBT is placed behind behind the other Turret/Building,lvl 6-> HF can destroy that Turret/Building
    *note:
    take out a ruler and make a straight line pass through the center of Turrets,and HF must stay on that line
    this is why:

I assume you mean by "takes" is reduces. And am I correct in interpreting this to mean that by placing an Item ( turret, bunker, wall....) in front of a turret its range is reduced by this Item when being attacked from across the Item on a straight center line?

so what I have shown here?

And if this is right then why does this happen?

I don't understand where these ranges are coming from you list:

mlovolm said:
    actually,the range can be more than that,because i found this when using lvl 5 Cobra(263) to destroy Mortal in opposite side of lvl 5 Gun Turret(350)
    350-263=87

its possible that Turret Platform take 100 range,Silo,Storage take more than it a bit,so,around 110 range

I don't understand where these ranges are coming from?

Level 5 MGT is 345 not 350
    Level 5 Cobra is 286 not 263

and it this second example the way its worded means your doing the opposite of what I think you were say  in the fist one. Worded this way but on the pic what your saying is your using cobras to attack the Napalm Turret opposite side of the MGT.  So on the left most range line??  But that can't be right.   But if you mean like what is shown in the pic and your attacking the Napalm Turret in front of the MGT on the reduced range line then ( If what I think you guys are say is true ) yes the level 5 cobra can destroy the NT without being hit by the MGT. 

Again if true then what happens when the NT is destroyed? Does that remove the reduction which would easily put the Cobra's back in the FULL range (345) of the MGT?

Oh I just realized in the pic the MGT is behind walls so does that mean the two lager range lines are both reduced by roughly 22 making them actually 323 not 345?

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator
  • mlovolm
    mlovolm
    Strike-force Captain
    well,i used my Cobra to attack the Mortar,but when i moved the Cobra just a bit more,really really small range,the Cobra was taken down
    so...thats why
  • Endor
    Endor
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 659
    edited 11 Apr 2013, 4:55AM
    Troyww said:
    ok I'm lost.

mlovolm said:
    UPDATED AGAIN:

+CC takes 180 range
    +Wall takes 22.5 range

it means

*note:
    this is why:

I assume you mean by "takes" is reduces. And am I correct in interpreting this to mean that by placing an Item ( turret, bunker, wall....) in front of a turret its range is reduced by this Item when being attacked from across the Item on a straight center line?

so what I have shown here?

And if this is right then why does this happen?

I don't understand where these ranges are coming from you list:

mlovolm said:
    350-263=87

I don't understand where these ranges are coming from?

Level 5 MGT is 345 not 350
    Level 5 Cobra is 286 not 263

and it this second example the way its worded means your doing the opposite of what I think you were say  in the fist one. Worded this way but on the pic what your saying is your using cobras to attack the Napalm Turret opposite side of the MGT.  So on the left most range line??  But that can't be right.   But if you mean like what is shown in the pic and your attacking the Napalm Turret in front of the MGT on the reduced range line then ( If what I think you guys are say is true ) yes the level 5 cobra can destroy the NT without being hit by the MGT. 

Again if true then what happens when the NT is destroyed? Does that remove the reduction which would easily put the Cobra's back in the FULL range (345) of the MGT?

Oh I just realized in the pic the MGT is behind walls so does that mean the two lager range lines are both reduced by roughly 22 making them actually 323 not 345?

No, you are interpreting this as the exact opposite of what mlovolm is trying to say.  There is no reduction in the *defending* units' range, that stays the same.  He's saying that if you put a MG/Flak/Laser turret directly next to / in front of a Napalm/Mortar/Cryo turret, the range of the defending turret is "reduced" by 82 units when being attacked by a unit with splash damage like the hellfire & hellstorm, because that is the pixel size of a turret. 

Or in shorter terms, if a turret has a 400 range, and your attacker has 500 range, if the space of a turret is 101 pixels, then you will be able to attack the turret in front without being attacked by the turret behind, AS LONG AS you are attacking in a direct straight line.
  • JMANXX
    JMANXX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 135

I-) :-B
    We are players of WAR COMMANDER we control how we play are game 
    But we do not control the coding of the game we are not the  developers 
    If you think a player is cheating look at his/her base and cross ref the before you submit a ticket 

• EeroK
    EeroK
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 828
    don't know how you getting those values but platform is around 70 in width and if rocket barrage is behind turret hellfires CAN NOT hit turret infront

"The object of war is not to get bubbled for your clan but make the other bastard be bubbled for his"

EeroMadHatter (35) Possesion of everything from events and sickles !:!:!:! including yo mamma

Ultimate base defence video (must see)

Ultimate base defence video (must see) part deux

• TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,760

No, you are interpreting this as the exact opposite of what mlovolm is trying to say.  There is no reduction in the *defending* units' range, that stays the same.  He's saying that if you put a MG/Flak/Laser turret directly next to / in front of a Napalm/Mortar/Cryo turret, the range of the defending turret is "reduced" by 82 units when being attacked by a unit with splash damage like the hellfire & hellstorm, because that is the pixel size of a turret. 

Or in shorter terms, if a turret has a 400 range, and your attacker has 500 range, if the space of a turret is 101 pixels, then you will be able to attack the turret in front without being attacked by the turret behind, AS LONG AS you are attacking in a direct straight line.
    I get it if you are talking about splash damage. You fire on what ever is in front of it and the splash will damage and/or destroy the one behind it.  But when I was reading the previous posts some where using Cobra's as the attacking aircraft and well they have nooooo splash.  Thus adding them into it is what through me and made me think they must be referring to something else. 

Plus the way people were phrasing their examples and the words they were using to try and convey what they were talking about was confusing and is why i did the diagram instead of  just trying to use words.

But thanks for your clarification.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator
  • DA Vince of Death
    DA Vince of Death
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 20

hi guys u guys r awesome B)