Ninjas

acid1789
acid1789
Strike-force Captain
Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 926
We need a way to protect cargos that we open.

Currently anyone can loot the cargo before the battle even ends for the attacker.  And if this happens in planet by a lower level player, there is nothing that can be done to stop them.

Someone more than 5 levels under me can ninja cargo I open in planet and there is nothing I can do about it.
Battle Pirates: acid1789 - Level 59  Sector 76
Veta Confict: acid1789 - Level 30 Sector 100
  • Musebreaks
    Musebreaks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 92
    Strike his fleets as they return with the cargo.

Personally, I think this is part of the game and the drama around alliances and whatnot, so this is something that should be open.
    Heck, I've been a victim of this a thousand times as well, and when I got pissed off, I hijacked their cargos and killed their transporters.

If things get ugly, the game gets beautiful, as you'll have epic scale battles between friends and alliances.
    Oh Kixeye, well done <3
  • acid1789
    acid1789
    Strike-force Captain
    You can only attack +/- 5 levels in planet.  Can not  hit these lower level fleets
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    nope. they changed that u can hit any lvl fleet. demonstrated on camera during the BV thing by flo the guy was a lvl 7 n yea flo is not a lvl 15  n i have hit lower fleets in 200 hehe.
  • MrPrastastic
    MrPrastastic
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 56
    There's level locking in planet, but not on sector.
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    well arent vegas in sector not planet. and u sure? haven't tried but didnt think that.
  • acid1789
    acid1789
    Strike-force Captain
    Not just talking about vegas.  People do open cargo in planet you know lol
  • zys123
    zys123
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,099
    They're likely beginners. Calm down and focus on your tone. Then go to planet chat and state that since they are beginners, they may require some help from someone higher leveled. Continue with this facade of helpfulness and suggest them to explore the sector for resources and to explore other planets, then as soon as they leave orbit, smash their fleet and take back what was rightfully yours. Even if it wasn't the same fleet, one can never knock smashing! :3

TL;DR Version:
    • Be Nice
    • Convince them in chat to go to sector
    • Squish them
    • Have fun!

"Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools." ~Albert Einstein
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill
    "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." ~Sun Tzu
    "I intend to live forever. So far, so good." ~Steven Wright

~Leader of Oldest Active Alliance, RTTC~
    For applications and general details visit our main page.
    Author of the Most Extensive Frigate Textbook Around
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    yea but those are easy to open hehe. n specially for u acid u always brag'n bout ur vegas lol.
  • acid1789
    acid1789
    Strike-force Captain
    I wouldnt call them easy to open, infact they take several minutes each to open.

And when some punks ninja them before the battle even ends, there is a problem.

Wouldnt be an issue if our fleets automatically guarded nearby cargo like in battle pirates
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    yea but what if ur cargo is selected. then u just lost the potential of 100-500k res.
  • THEBEARD98
    THEBEARD98
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,478
    Either way without the ability to fight and give your fleet a direction then leave to pick up the cargo the fight would end and your  res would have blown up. I would just wait for my enemies to kill something then hit them with a little fast ship and run for 3 minutes so there stuff blew up....  

"KIXEYE makes no guarantee as to the nature, quality or value of the features of the Service that will accessible through the use of Virtual Currency, or the availability or supply of Virtual Currency." -copied from new TOS

• altair1199
    altair1199
    yea i mean these are problems short of not allowing others then the person who opened it to collect from it how do u solve this. we all know there are problems can the next person suggest a logical way to fix this please. thats the point of beta to offer our opinions n to test it out as players. cause Kixeye could easily use their employees to test it out (cept they dont want to pay 100+ employees to play games all day lol)
  • THEBEARD98
    THEBEARD98
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,478
    I think a solution to this that would make Kixeye happy and actually solve the problem is to overfill on cargo's but no leftovers or only little salvage (think searching sinking ships) So they leave a small amount there but,Over fill say up to 250% the person hitting.  The little salvage can be faught over by the little fish and the big fish will be tempted to use bigger fleets to take home more.
    "KIXEYE makes no guarantee as to the nature, quality or value of the features of the Service that will accessible through the use of Virtual Currency, or the availability or supply of Virtual Currency." -copied from new TOS

• BraticusCaticus
    BraticusCaticus
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 46
    This doesn't need a solution. Fighting over salvage is a fun part of the game. Keep it like it is.
    Regards,
    BraticusCaticus

"I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe" 
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    COUGH COUGH *NINJA* COUGH COUGH*
  • B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    edited 21 Mar 2013, 4:37PM
    Hmm here's a idea, the fleet that destroy the cargo can take 500% of it's cargo capacity(just like in base attack), and for other fleets it will loot normally.
    I think the VC team should update it like this.
  • Musebreaks
    Musebreaks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 92
    This doesn't need a solution. Fighting over salvage is a fun part of the game. Keep it like it is.
    Bingo.
    And yes, I ninja and I've been ninja'd.
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    yea but they are saying its not fighting its the battle takes to long to end or the have to refresh and in those 5 seconds where they can not do anything their cargo gets stolen that isn't fighting.