Is zys123 an AI bot? And View Battle needs some work

JamesMonster1
JamesMonster1
Minor Nuisance
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 189
zys123 (I believe that's the handle) attacks ship fleets in my sector. When defeated it vanishes through a small black hole. Is that someone from another sector and is that how you travel back to your sector when defeated? Or is it a bot used to test combat?

On the View Fleet. When you click to view someone's battle you really have to hunt for the fleets on the battle map screen. I mean scroll and scroll. They are not centered in the screen when the battle map opens up. I know everything is still developing. Just an FYI. And once again Kixeye I think you have a fun winner in this game overall. As with Star Trek a lot of people will be at least interested in looking at and trying out a space battles game. If I had once suggestion to make it'd be ship design. I'd make them sleeker and more sophisticated looking. They look a little cartoonish.
  • Destrudo
    Destrudo
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,400
    its from another planet/sector, if u go to sector view after battle you will probably see the fleet heading home
    Lvl 23 - Vega Conflict
    Vega ID - 12417  
    No prizes yet as no raids yet :p
  • JamesMonster1
    JamesMonster1
    Minor Nuisance
    Destrudo said:
    its from another planet/sector, if u go to sector view after battle you will probably see the fleet heading home
    Thanks. Originally I thought it was some sort of test bot due to the way it disappeared.  Built in relay towers (in effect). sweet.
  • BraticusCaticus
    BraticusCaticus
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 46
    Destrudo said:
    Thanks. Originally I thought it was some sort of test bot due to the way it disappeared.  Built in relay towers (in effect). sweet.
    IMO... Relay towers were an afterthought in BP because it grew beyond expectations, but it looks like VC is designed to be more scalable.
    Regards,
    BraticusCaticus

"I choose to believe what I was programmed to believe" 
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Destrudo said:
    not really relay towers, you can only teleport to one other sector from them...
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    Flo said:
    Destrudo said:
    not really relay towers, you can only teleport to one other sector from them...
    you cant teleport from sector to sector just into the sector from out side it or outside it into it.
  • zys123
    zys123
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,099
    edited 21 Mar 2013, 4:44AM
    Ah hello, glad to see my presence has gotten some traction! :D

And no, I am not an "AI bot". If mods/CM would like to know my tactic, just shoot me a pm and I'll talk. That aside I ain't gonna be revealing something like that to people here, so far I've only done so to two other people on my planet who are working together, we should get an alliance thread up soon. :)

EDIT: Hehe, if you need proof I'm a real person you can always check out this little thread to know some of my history :3

"Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools." ~Albert Einstein
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." ~Winston Churchill
    "The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." ~Sun Tzu
    "I intend to live forever. So far, so good." ~Steven Wright

~Leader of Oldest Active Alliance, RTTC~
    For applications and general details visit our main page.
    Author of the Most Extensive Frigate Textbook Around
  • JamesMonster1
    JamesMonster1
    Minor Nuisance
    No you're cool zsy. I was new to the beta testing and didn't know FvF attacking moving fleets was possible. Then you disappeared through the worm hole which I had also never seen. And your handle is different the most others.  I was also thinking maybe it was a developer testing and trying things out as well.
  • altair1199
    altair1199
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,674
    lol u wont tell how u did it. hehe its not overly complex i mean there is a button on u click to do it when u select a ship lol.