3/7 - Introducing Improved Barricades

KIXEYE CM Chris
KIXEYE CM Chris
KIXEYE
Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 5,174
edited 27 Mar 2013, 9:19PM
It's time that your Walls got an overhaul. We've just launched Improved Barricades!

These new Barricades will not only be more durable at all 3 current levels, but you can now upgrade your Barricades all the way to Level 8. These added levels will be much more sturdy, and through the power of Thorium levels 5-8 will block your enemies' non-arcing projectiles. Build up your new Barricades and pick apart your enemy from behind your mighty defensive fortress.

For a closer look, check out this exclusive video!

I work on War Commander!

Support Form
Rules

If I don't reply to your PM, don't take it personally. We get far too many to keep track of.
  • Dying Light
    Dying Light
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 534
    edited 8 Mar 2013, 4:08AM

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYEEIPYYYYYYYy yip yip yp ya  YIPPPPERS

Swag sounds tired lol sleepy time.

I only want to be alone

Ex Covert Ops member

You may know me as Dead Island or Dead space

• Tatoethiha Thiha
    Tatoethiha Thiha
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 6
    i like

• Ruffle1991
    Ruffle1991
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 143
    good work :)

• Khalid Shameer
    Khalid Shameer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4
    Thorium Brings DOOM
    SL Army
  • wce-Billy
    wce-Billy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 328
    Love it, they're pretty expensive though :(
    War Commander Tips, Tricks & Secrets:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/oxthemovie
    Subscribe! :D

| Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | DO NOT CLICK! |
  • Richtofen2011
    Richtofen2011
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 20
    About fricken time!! Cheers Kixeye
  • Unknown user
    Unknown user
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 194
    HOW THE FCK AM I GOING TO GET THORIUM TO UPGRADE WALLS!!
    I DON'T HAVE HELLFIRES!!

IT Computers: 
    The list i'm learning ^^
    C, C#, C++, Java,  ABL, ABAP, Python, Ada, Oz,Clipper, Action Script, PHP5 Class, Perl, AJAX, VisualBaisc 6, Eiffel, Javascript, Magik, Vala, Gambas, Objective-C, Delphi, Visual FoxPro 6,HTTP,HTTPS, SSL

html:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html>
    <head></head>
    <body></body>
    </html>

• unknown2
    unknown2
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 49
    be lil over a month before i even  start on new walls upgrades on buildings are more important to me .plus give me time to see if  it even worth trying to upgrade walls just means more time to repair after being hit also
  • Jay_B732
    Jay_B732
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 605
    glad i had 1.6mil in thorium from last drop lvl 6 walls lol
  • LSA2013
    LSA2013
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 7,628
    YEAH NEW WALLS THAT REQUIRE MINUSCULE AMOUNTS OF THORIUM

**** the dozer requirement being reinstated, though. Of course that would be changed...
    I have decided to quit all Facebook games in order to have more free time and fewer distractions, as I am now on my way to college. I met a lot of great people over the five years I played Casual Collective/Kixeye games.
    BYM: Lv47 Former co-leader of Shadow Triangle. | WC ID: 261 (Closed Beta), Lv30. Former member of Marauders Elite.
    My old user notes. (Edited occasionally.)
    WC players: Bunker information and Lv10 unit stats (Last updated after Op. Crossfire, April 2013)

War Commander prizes: Attack Dogs, E. Gats, Shock Troopers, Honey Badger, EWHs,  ELTs, E.Riflemen, EHGs, Colossus and the Drone Silo.
    Backyard Monsters prizes: Both Black Diamond totems (WMI 1/2), Both Black Diamond Spurtz Cannons (WMI 3), Korath with BoF.
  • RuiAmaral
    RuiAmaral
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 53
    its my  impression or is it just me,my computer,a lot of laggy in the game at the moment 
  • Georgiy_L
    Georgiy_L
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 11
    I DON'T HAVE HELLFIRES!!

I DON'T HAVE HELLFIRES!!

Use tomatoes - a sack should be enought. :)

• Josh Pauley
    Josh Pauley
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,151
    do defender tanks fire through/over the walls once upgraded?
  • Mark Van Voorst
    Mark Van Voorst
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 34
    Great that walls are upgrade-able now and actually serve a purpose, I hope that troops and tanks can no longer drive / walk straight through them anymore either though.... because that was just stupid..
    or.. if they can because of size.. make it slow them down like the ice when the walls are not blown up... 

Yes like said before... the walls 
    (at level 4 is all I can see) take 1 second to build.. they should be able to be build along something else, similar to what the regular walls were.. otherwise it's only tedious..

I don't know what the other build times are, but as long as they are under 5 minutes or so you might as well make them all a one second upgrade and being possible to be done simultaneously with other building..
    hi
  • Jimmy Liu
    Jimmy Liu
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 6
    Can we have a refund or a mass upgrade to level 4 or more? I upgraded some of my walls to level 2 before the upgrade and they cost so much metal and oil ( It costed 50,000 metal and 20,000 oil) and I do not think that this upgrade is fair to some of the players who spent so much metal and oil before this upgrade.
    Thanks!:D

• discoshadow25
    discoshadow25
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 845
    Lol trust me you'll all survive, could honestly careless if I spent more on them to get em to lvl 3 before, This looks like a good upgrade and I think the thorium requirement at lvl 5 is a smart move for key balenceing. Its not the end of the world and my only regret is that I'm stuck in the middle of a upgrade right now  so my base looks outdated. Thanks Kixeye! \:D/
    Don't need a Spectre to take out your base: I got elite attack dogs.... (insert speculation here)
    My ideas: 
  • M14PIG
    M14PIG
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 745
    If the walls don't stop hellfires, they are pretty much useless.
  • batman701
    batman701
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 16
    they don't fix the bugs in the game and now this crap,  darn game sucks big time
  • D3L121UM
    D3L121UM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 206
    It might be a good idea to increase the range of surface to surface turrets by ~20 to compensate for the space the wall takes up.. Hellfires locking on to something closer render plasma turrets and cryo turrets ineffective. Lasers wont fire on high level megas either with a wall in front.

Now max barricades have 60,000 life, and with 80 of those thats 4.8 million life that has to be near turrets now, otherwise the attacker will have far too much control over how they can bubble the defender.

Please add ~20 range to surface to surface turrets so that this update allows for more base designs rather than limiting them.
    Insanity is but a word used to define a perspective that cannot be understood...
    No person can truly understand a perspective outside their own.. Or that of another..
    Therefore, to everyone, all are insane...
    A universal Delirium.
  • Umer Maqsood Awan
    Umer Maqsood Awan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 25
    nice but we can not upgrade our walls with our dozer working on something else, although they need just one second. kixeye should allow us to upgrade our walls with our dozer working on something else.
    Umer
  • Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,825
    edited 8 Mar 2013, 5:47AM
    Its about time the walls got an overhaul. Now we need more walls.
    War Commander   Nickname: Reject  Rank: Captain   Level: 36   Sector: Where ever i may roam
    http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

• Kristijan Lipov
    Kristijan Lipov
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 13
    This is excellent now we need only more of them. :)
  • Edmund Hicks
    Edmund Hicks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 33
    edited 8 Mar 2013, 6:12AM
    I DON'T HAVE HELLFIRES!!
    You just answered your own question.  Go get hellfires .