Do no hit sectors really exist? Truth Vs. Myth

• Graf_Von_Helldorf
    Graf_Von_Helldorf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 46
    its just a game duh...some whining like you kill their whole family...
  • Pirate_Steve
    Pirate_Steve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,952
    Bottom line, who cares?  I hit all sectors.  ;)
  • lillemann.bieland
    lillemann.bieland
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 122
    edited 5 Mar 2013, 5:20AM
    My home sector is a no rules sector.

And we call it a Free sector.

Wow that sounds like the sector of heaven and no crying in comms?

• Matt Shempert
    Matt Shempert
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 8
    Starting to think some people just look for a reason to argue...............smh

Just have fun, it is a game!!
  • ssjdog
    ssjdog
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 48
    Ok first and foremost play anyway you want screw the sector rules :)

Now my my play style is as follows in my home sector i don't hit insector just because this is my home would you piss on your couch at your home? However when i am not in my home sector I hit whoever I want and however many times i want, but then there are some people i just make friends with it really depends on what mood i am in at the time :)
    LVL: 63 Home Sector: 270
    Sectors visited: 222, 489, 452, 207 a lot more as well have lost track :(
     Hull Prizes won: Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Interdictor, destroyer, Dred x, cuda, super fortress, corvette, MC, MCX, SS-A, Light crusier, jugg and every other prize since
    My Battles can be seen at :http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFoW6ix9iEDDXalo0R1hQvQ?feature=watch
  • apharot2
    apharot2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 353
    The reality is that people who ONLY hit in-sector to attack an in-sector hitter, are really just in-sector hitters who are afraid of retaliation from the masses or who don't have the stomach for an actual war-like situation. 
    The reality of this statement is that you have no idea what you are talking about.  Some no insectors just prefer a sector where people work together and help each other.  If they were afraid of retaliation, then they wouldn't hit out of sector either.  If people insector, then that's how it goes, and they will be dealt with if doing it in a no-insector area...maybe (depending on the strength of the sector).
  • Narchais
    Narchais
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 697
    There aren't any "no-hit sectors", but there are "in-sector hitting is frowned upon" sectors. These rules are usually made up by the majority of the comms-active players (the in-sector hitters that I usually see are either visiting the area or are silent players that are there to play rather than make friends. In-sector hitting was initially frowned on because of the whining on comms about "so-and-so just hit me!" and the two parties going back and fort while everyone else wished someone would burn both of their bases down. By hitting outside of the sector (as in, players who didn't share comms with the attacking players), it let players make friends on comms and group up even before the whole Alliance thing was in effect. Thats pretty much how my home sector started: the active talkers on chat were all "Y'know what? I'm gonna go hit this guy the next sector over. Anyone wanna go with? We can make a party of it."
    Five digit ID. Still just another player.
  • John Sanders
    John Sanders
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3
    These sectors do not exists as far as I know.  In 129 we truly do not hit in sector but we do get clans that love to come in and cause WWIII (which is happening right now). Most of the time these clans that travel from sector to sector are very high ranking players and its very hard to retaliate unless you get the whole sector involved in making a stand against them and make them live under a bubble. 
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,362
    aps said:

the thing that gets me is the 5 mil plus id players trying to tell us what we can and cant do..... sighhhhh

I could give a **** about a 1 digit player trying to tell me what to do!!!

[-X
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • Justin Venable
    Justin Venable
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 424
    Getting hit all the time slows research and ship builds.  Basically the last thing most people want to happen to their lower range alliance members.  So they pick a sector and say "if you hit my guys in here, I'll pound the crap out of you".  Some alliances just expanded it to the whole sector, either through agreement with other larger alliances, or through conflict with other sectors.  With the player limit, it has become almost too much territory to defend these days.
  • trojan66
    trojan66
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 3,252
    No hit sectors DID exist back before base relocation existed. When i first started the game in 127 players quickly adhered to the no hit rule or faced being farmed into quitting or until they vowed not to hit in sector anymore. I do not agree with you that hitting a player who hits in sector counts as an in sector hit because the players who do so are generally outsiders to the sector, by hitting them they are merely enforcing their pretend little rules. It has always been possible to play against those rules but it was never as lucrative as it is now that relocation is so widely used where invaders would come in as droves rather than being a new spunky player that had their base spawn there. Personally I like how things are now, I didnt like how you either had to conform to your sectors rules if they had them or become a mega coiner to survive under your own rules and i really love the flexibility to change surroundings as i see fit.
    :)
  • BLACK CAESAR
    BLACK CAESAR
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,362
    If you ever notice no hit sectors have a lot of mid, and lower players who don't want their labs crushed every other day. Yes it's part of the game, but when a sector works together why knock it? That is how the majority there want it. No one can force anyone to play a certain way. And no hit sectors like insectors to visit for a week, so they don't have to travel. Funny right, but that is how it is. I tell people to hit back actions are always louder than words. Even if all you can do is a rim job.
    Blah blah blah just stfu foolio!!!
  • logansan
    logansan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 736
    John1975 said:
    Play game to have fun. Even insector hitters have a "home sector" they do not hit in as it is full of their friends that taught them the game. The sectors they jump to are other peoples "home sector" they do not hit their friends. Notice the insector hitters are only ones post forums about stuff? Dont remember seeing a end to insector hitters post. I do not hit insector but I do not knock those that do I respect their game play and have some fun battles while they are around. 

It comes down to this example everyone has diff house rules so you play Poker and diff people host games at their house. Do you show up at Joes house and say your rules suck this is how we are going to play. No you go to Joes house you play by Joes rules when you host the party you play by your rules at your house. If you did not like Joes house rules you dont play the next time he host the party. 

I like your in house rules analogy, it has just one flaw... each sector has hundreds of bases. I know when people started declaring my home sector a "no hit in sector" area I wasn't consulted first. most of these "house rules" are generated by a mob rule, not a vote. And no sector is owned by a "Joe" so how can anyone be expected to play by "Joe's" rules. Just saying.

As to your claim that insector hitters have a home sector where they don't hit in sector, I beg to differ. I started hitting in sector IN my home sector the day base attacking went live, and continued to do so right up until I laid off base hitting altogether no matter where I wound up. I don't hit my friends bases that's true enough, but I have yet to find a sector wherein I befriend everyone. And once I am on friendly terms with more than I'm not, I usually move to find new targets since I just can't stand sailing more than 10-15minutes for food when I base hit. you know how boring it is to watch ships sail?

Spack wrote: »
    Jesus H, it's like trying to edumacate pork.....
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:
    You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

http://chatspace.org.uk/flash/bp.html
  • Blazer0x
    Blazer0x
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 293
    Sector 37 has a rule against in-sector hitting. However, any intruders that purposefully break the rule (and the 1 native guy that we have that has always defied the rule) are "KOS" (Kill On Sight). And they are mercilessly hit (fleets and base) until they move out.  Some big boys occasionally roll in with some friends and stir up trouble for a few days, but we always successfully drive them out.

Yes, I see your ironic point about a "no hit sector" resorting to hitting rule breakers to defend itself. The sector rule is a guideline, we are not pacifists and will defend ourselves against aggressors. Anyone who doesn't like it can and will move out, or live in their **** bubble and watch their fleets die every time they are launched.
  • Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    Lets put this another way:

How many threads on here are there for "I got hit in-sector!" yes none.

I find that these travelling insects are mostly cry baby trolls and comms warriors who hit the lowest levels or weakest bases possible so they can brag on comms and make their sorry little lives feel a bit better for a few minutes. They are a bunch of playground bullies basically, and if you and your friends stand up to them they soon scuttle back under whatever rocks they came from. Ive never seen them stay longer than a week in any sector ive been in; they cant wait to get away from the constant hits on their bases/fleets.
  • Kris M
    Kris M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 924
    John1975 said:
    Play game to have fun. Even insector hitters have a "home sector" they do not hit in as it is full of their friends that taught them the game. The sectors they jump to are other peoples "home sector" they do not hit their friends. 
    INCORRECT.

377 is my home sector, my alliance just finished a 2 week stay there, where we had the main group of the sector (many of whom are friends) set to hostile and we absolutely torched the sector.
    since alliances came in priorities have changed, its all about the group you are with and getting points to make sure you arent at a disadvantage bonus-wise. so the people i grew with in the game were fair targets. 

And no, trolls, this was most definitely not one of those 2 friendly alliances hitting eachother for points carryon's, this was actual war with people trying to ninja eachother and unattended salvage fleets being sunk by the enemy and hatemail in the inbox.
    Kris_M Level 62  

I used ship rockets before they were cool
  • The_Jerk
    The_Jerk
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,848
    Perbrill said:

I find that these travelling insects are mostly cry baby trolls and comms warriors who hit the lowest levels or weakest bases possible so they can brag on comms and make their sorry little lives feel a bit better for a few minutes. They are a bunch of playground bullies basically, and if you and your friends stand up to them they soon scuttle back under whatever rocks they came from. Ive never seen them stay longer than a week in any sector ive been in; they cant wait to get away from the constant hits on their bases/fleets.
    Your very wrong there.  The reason most alliances stay for a week is it gets boring by the end of the week.  Yes, the first 24-48 hours players will fight back against a large alliance that is slamming them, but it doesn't take long to wear them down and then the rest of the week is spent just torturing the sector the for hell of it.  By the end of the week most bases hit are so poor their only giving up a few million in res and not even trying to fvf anymore because they know they can't win.

If you think it's different, give me your sector and a jump point to it and we'll test out the theories with video proof 1 way or another.  Yeah, battle logs can be videod too.
  • lillemann.bieland
    lillemann.bieland
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 122
    This is the best tread i been reading
  • DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,653
    edited 5 Mar 2013, 11:51PM
    The_Jerk said:
    Those who roll from sector to sector see it all the time.  Hit a sector and ask, just for chuckles, across the public comms what the sector rules are.  Low and behold, a few seconds later here come dozens of response:

No hit sector
    We don't hit insector
    This is a no hit sector
    If you want to hit bases go out of sector
    blah blah blah

Really is that what you see? I see No insector hits, hit anyone you like, yes hit insector, don't hit in sector then no don't listen to them etc.
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • WeThePeople
    WeThePeople
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,507
    I can agree after i'm in a sector a day or so the will to fight back is almost gone.  The sector always depends on a few high lvl players to fight me and after a day or so they just want to do there own game.  Its lower lvls that do most the crying so they get hit more just because of it.       I have been called WeTheDick more then a few times in a sector and it never goes well for them.

But on flip side i have also flattened insector hitters as well.   I know it will be cats game and i will end up in a bubble but its then when i do the most damage to the insector hitters as i go after there fleet non stop wile my base is repairing.  If only the sectors would work together and sink fleets of the attackers they might get some were but hell no there off killing cargo lol
    WeThePeople [FKU]...Wow i'm still playing this game,

• Ctcinminnesota
    Ctcinminnesota
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 366
    It is not a rule but it is what some sectors believe the game should be.

CTCinMINNESOTA [USF]
    Level 59
    Currently in Sector 155
    Sector Visited: 16, 91, 110, 124, 155, 212, 224, 293, 317, 433, 466, 495
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063
    the cry baby trolls and other references like that to people travelling is a common one.
    I been called it many times usually just replying to peoples questions/accusations. ie you got 3 people firing questions at you, so you answer then get accused of spamming comms constantly.
    They will rant on about the insector hitter saying how bad a player he or she is, sometimes the sector does listen and join in and others they just go about there own business accepting salvage from the 'evil insector hitter' and accepting assistance in hitting there enemy across the border too.

With the message system I am finding it much easier  to communicate and for people to talk more openly and discuss the game, a number of them cannot stand the sector police or those enforcing the no hitting in sector rule but just go along with it otherwise they will lose there acquaintances and be farmed.

I record some of the comms to show my friends outside game to show how thick some of these sector police types are.
  • azagoth
    azagoth
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 538
    This is the true nature of Battle Pirates 
    :cool:
  • Taylor Martin
    Taylor Martin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 339
    heres the thing about sectors with no insect hitting "rules", if the long time residents of that sector adhere to that rule and everyone bands together it is a pretty good sector for raids and weeklies.  But no matter if it is a no hit sector or not there will always be players and alliances that copme in and hit in that sector to cause chaos.  Its all a part of it being a pirate game.
  • Paul S 789
    Paul S 789
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 28
    Bottom line...this is a game.  And fighting is the key component.  I am in a sector that doesn't like ISH.  Yes, we do fight them as a group.  As hard and effectively as we can using all tactics at out disposal.  Especially when they are obnoxious and insulting in comms.  If you dont like seeing the locals rally to attack jerks an bullies....move along or at least don't be rude.   If you are ISH and are decent in comms, stay and enjoy the fight.  I love fighting with people who are decent and not insulting.  There is a chance for mutual learning and improvement then.  After all... isn't that the main argument used by ISH?  If you are rude, you get put on iggy and attacked relentlessly.  Its how we like the game.  I think that the biggest reason people dont like the ISH is the rudness and bullying behavior.  Just my thoughts.   PIRATE ON DUDES!!!
    [B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR="#6633ff"]Ghost   UDS / COG   Sector 474[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
  • bootlegga
    bootlegga
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 133
    edited 6 Mar 2013, 4:44PM
    The_Jerk said:
    Those who roll from sector to sector see it all the time.  Hit a sector and ask, just for chuckles, across the public comms what the sector rules are.  Low and behold, a few seconds later here come dozens of response:

No hit sector
    We don't hit insector
    This is a no hit sector
    If you want to hit bases go out of sector
    blah blah blah

Then the screams start as the person who rolled in starts rolling bases breakin' the rules they just asked about.  Usually, they go after the biggest and the smallest they can find just to make the point of what they can do and no one is safe.

So the question is posed:  Do no hit sectors really exist?  

Well, I venture to say they don't.  There is no such sector, perhaps a few no-hit players, but the existence of a sector that does not have people hitting within it is a myth that those who live in these alleged sectors like to think exists.  How you ask?

Well, when that player rolls in and starts hitting others, what is the first thing the sector does, sometimes effectively, sometimes not so effectively?  They roll fleets to try and shut them down.  Dock hits, sniping fleets, attempting to hit the base of the offender.  All of these within the confines of the sector, within it's borders.  So, if it is a no hit sector and someone shows up and starts hitting bases and that players base is within the sector then a true  no-hit sector will not attack them.  After all, it is a no-hit sector isn't it?

Totally specious reasoning - a no hit sector isn't one where Jesus rules and everyone turns the other cheek, it's one where hitting another base in-sector will allow other members to hit you in RETALIATION. 

If you don't hit in no-hit sectors, you don't get hit - just like if you don't rob liquor stores in real life, you don't go to jail for robbing liquor stores. 

Talk about a BS post...
  • dannyjwlf
    dannyjwlf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 263
    If you feel the need to defend it? I might venture to say that you don't feel entirely "right" about it. You sound like you need someone to support your position. I personally don't care if I get hit by a insector or out of sector. I tend to not want to make a whole lot of enemies right at my doorstep either, so I will travel. 
    Q
  • Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    The_Jerk said:
    Perbrill said:

Your very wrong there.  The reason most alliances stay for a week is it gets boring by the end of the week.  Yes, the first 24-48 hours players will fight back against a large alliance that is slamming them, but it doesn't take long to wear them down and then the rest of the week is spent just torturing the sector the for hell of it.  By the end of the week most bases hit are so poor their only giving up a few million in res and not even trying to fvf anymore because they know they can't win.

If you think it's different, give me your sector and a jump point to it and we'll test out the theories with video proof 1 way or another.  Yeah, battle logs can be videod too.
    Ha ha, running out of sectors to bully are we Jerk ? Anyone who wants Jerk and his insect buddies to visit/challenge them please post sector below and contact him reference jump points.

You owe me one now Jerk :) 
  • A G O N Y
    A G O N Y
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 797
    Gives ya another reason to play protecting your home sector and most of the insects that travel around say and do the same thing.  Just seems like you chaps are looking for a bit of attention.  Gets boring hitting all the same bases all the time so why not hang around make a few mates and smack the insects as they come through the gate.  
  • Mr Popo
    Mr Popo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 977
    Whatn does it matter?

When a group comes to another sector to attack it they came with a lot of coins.

Kickeye loves coins.

Bored low I.D pirates love harassing people.

People love to feel united vs a common threat.

Everyone is happy.

Only it dosent work that way, at least the end part. Because we claim a "winner" or "looser" instead of what it really is. An ambush.

Please note, this does not apply to groups that go to war.

Let me be very clear. The only "Looser" in the game are quitters and cheater.

Everyone else that stays around in hopes to better themselves is a winner despite the outcome of several battles, they may loose the fight but they become just a bit stronger in the war.

The groups that make a point to press their opinions on others are simply wrong, either way.

You cant force a united sector into a divided sector, or vice versa. It is just what it is a group of people that decided "If we work together we get more done" OR "If we attack everyone we get stronger"

Complaints about either side are fruitless. No amount of finger pointing or childish arguments will make the other go away and Kixeye will never step in to make the game work for either side. Why? See my sig.

A finial note, I believe Nomad attackers (in sec hitters) to be the vaaaaaast minority in this situation. Simply put if an entire sector really was disgruntled about the invaders what keeps the entire sector from Bunker Bustering every dock of the 20 or so invaders? Or worse, each time an invader had their bubble dropped, they got tied up for 45 minuets.

The answer to this question is very simple. The people that come in and attack sectors are NOT AS BIG OF A THREAT AS THEY THINK/CLAIM.  Look at it logically. Only people 40+ are even getting hit. thats maybe 1/3 the sector. Even then its 36 hours between hits. -4 for dock. 32 hours of unrestricted play time. Its not as if you loose anything but time, but its played up by the attackers, to make the attackers have a sence of accomplishment, to justify the hundreds of dollars they wasted getting their good ships.

In closing, Nomadic Attackers are normally ones to be pitied, however they fund the game. Rules are not to be forced onto people that dont comply to TOS, and last. In Sec Hitters NEED NO HIT SECTORS. Lets face it, if you diddetn feel like you where breaking a rule, you wouldent even bother.