The Mighty Hellstorm - stats, facts, tips

zubizarus
zubizarus
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 156
Hellstorm is the most powerful air unit in War Commander in terms of amount of destruction it caries with (DPS). Check it out at : http://www.warcommandertips.com/the-mighty-hellstorm/

PS: My work is directed towards you, for free, to help become a better, powerful War Commander player. Do please leave some feedback or better subscribe to my site, wont cost you a dime !
  • Spetsnaz722
    Spetsnaz722
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 48
    too bad they are useless if someone has e.gats in their base.
  • zubizarus
    zubizarus
    Minor Nuisance
    I take it you don't have them yet, the Hellstorms. Otherwise you'd know they are in fact VERY USEFUL against gatlings too !
  • Simon Wade
    Simon Wade
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5
     4/5 Hellstorms will lay waste to every egat in any base.
  • Zero_DNO
    Zero_DNO
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 769
     4/5 Hellstorms will lay waste to every egat in any base.

zubizarus said:
    I take it you don't have them yet, the Hellstorms. Otherwise you'd know they are in fact VERY USEFUL against gatlings too !
    Totally agreed. It works in works bases if they don't have stingers in watchtowers.
    -Zero- | WC  |  Clan:Dark Nebula Organisation|Sector:153. | Formerly known as MetalicForces

• AHMED_-_2020
    AHMED_-_2020
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 21
    Agree they do wonder if u want resources from lvl 30 rogue base. However it becomes Less effective if player has Stingers, Egats and some well placed Machine gun turret.

• zubizarus
    zubizarus
    Minor Nuisance
    grewaln said:
    Agree they do wonder if u want resources from lvl 30 rogue base. However it becomes Less effective if player has Stingers, Egats and some well placed Machine gun turret.

The only threat to Hellstorms is L6+ stingers housed in bunkers, especially Watchtowers. The Flak Tank L10 found in Red Lokust bases outrages the Hellstorms too, unlike the Flak Tanks from Sickle Syndicate L40 bases. Machine Gun Turrets and Gatlings are quite easy to overcome.
  • ONE_ONE
    ONE_ONE
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 76
    I do have Hellstorm Copters level 10s but you need to keep away from Hercules and Gatling Truck cos they can kill the Copters just like that but if someone is offline you can hit them, not when someone is online and got Gatling Truck in their base and starting to move towards your hellstorms, you have had it (DEAD) and repaired 18hrs 
    Dark-Destroyer

Sector 230

Level 35

Won: Attack Dog / Honey Badger / Elite Gatling Truck / Elite Laser Tank / Drone Silo / Reaper Drone / Elite Hellfire / Elite Warhawk / Hellstorm / Kondor / APC / Stinger / Elite Mega Tank / Elite Rifleman / Plasma Turret / Elite Heavy Gunner / FAV / Enforcer / Widowmaker / Shock Trooper / Gladiator / Elite Gladiator / Elite Humvee / Elite Razorback / Spectre / Emegas Warhead / Elite Valkyrie / Shock Tank /

• Corey Hicks
    Corey Hicks
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 41
    edited 27 Feb 2013, 1:08AM
    level 10 Hercs tear through these choppers like nobodys business

• zyst
    zyst
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 9
    This how you can use Hellstorms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFAvZj1vqd0
    This is not the fastest way to get resources, but the easiest and the most secured, since if you don't mess up a lot of things you won't lose anything.
  • ringspun
    ringspun
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 74
    zyst said:
    This how you can use Hellstorms: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFAvZj1vqd0
    This is not the fastest way to get resources, but the easiest and the most secured, since if you don't mess up a lot of things you won't lose anything.

10 lvl 10 ewh's does the same thing - that's the easiet
  • Death_From_Above
    Death_From_Above
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,673
    some 1 shud post some tips of using it effectively.... 

i got my advanced mission items by using them(in just a week)
    War commander : 
    RallyPointBravo
    LVL:33  *Quit due to boredom*
    warman1999
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 43
    the hellstorms  works great with the hellfires tanks in taking out a base even if they do have gats in it
  • Bryan Ironman
    Bryan Ironman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 42
    So if you use both Hellstorm copters with Hellfire tanks then you can take out bases easy because they have so much range and damage? Seems this would be best for taking level 40 SS bases. 
  • Michael Dang
    Michael Dang
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 357
    lolz zubizarus... kinda funny that hellstorms are somehow boss... even though u and u other idiots can't do anything with them on any bases in 15! oh wait... ur gone... LOL
  • zyst
    zyst
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 9
    edited 21 Mar 2013, 11:52AM
    hellfires and hellstorms together:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NjVIV0OWwc
  • kamal.sharuf
    kamal.sharuf
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1
    how do u get them and i cant see events

• highlandwolf
    highlandwolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 661
    Couldnt the hellstorms have just done the job all by themselves? I just got hellstorms last event and am currently upgrading them..will be lvl 4 in 4h40m hoping to have lvl 6 by wednesday..i think yours are lvl 10?
  • Krumme
    Krumme
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 6
    edited 27 Mar 2013, 6:02PM
    HELP 

I know that everyone is very happy about the Hell Storm helicopters, but will anyone give me some good advice on, how I secure my base against these amazing fighting machines? ?

Can read above, that the Stinger and Gatling Truck is good against them, but will someone give me a good advice?

//Krumme
    :(( :((
  • Marine15th
    Marine15th
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 92
    Krumme said:
    HELP 

I know that everyone is very happy about the Hell Storm helicopters, but will anyone give me some good advice on, how I secure my base against these amazing fighting machines? ?

Can read above, that the Stinger and Gatling Truck is good against them, but will someone give me a good advice?

//Krumme
    :(( :((
    lvl6 or better stingers in watchtowers on corners, mix in some mortar groups for ground unit support and maybe some heavy gunners for stray Elite hellstorm missles and other air defense.  lvl 10 flaks are nice too, make sure you have atleast 4-6 since they get a range boost against air when on defense.

15th_Marine_EU  - Lvl 36 - Sec 249

Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. ~ E

• zubizarus
    zubizarus
    Minor Nuisance
    Best defence against Hellstorm is maxed stingers in Watchtowers. Apart for that you might fill your defence ring with maxed gatlting trucks, plus 3-5 maxed flak tanks on attack stance.
  • VAS_69
    VAS_69
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 31
    the helstromrs arent bad but easyly can be destroiys it riflemans
  • Outlaw_Rythian
    Outlaw_Rythian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 940
    definetly getting them next event
  • The_Original_Rambo_3
    The_Original_Rambo_3
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 91

The hellstorms have a max range of 450 and will outrange egatts, but the egatts will shoot down all of the missiles before any land.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    your signature to help him gain world domination

• D3L7A
    D3L7A
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,792

The hellstorms have a max range of 450 and will outrange egatts, but the egatts will shoot down all of the missiles before any land.
    Dude, this thread died in March,  this is September!

HS are very useful when paired with Cobras, The missiles distract most AA while the Cobras kill them. but on their own, HS can't do ****.
    War Commander level: 29, Home Sector : 265.  Ater Honos Forum Officer
    Event/Sickle Prizes: Plasma Turret, Gladiator, Shock Trooper, FAV, Hellstorm, Hellfire, Gatling Truck, Attack Dog, Stinger,Elite Riflemen , Honey Badger, Colossus

Next event unit LEAK!!: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/402782
    See my Unit Parodies for a laugh: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/396069

Turtling is not a strategy, It's a weakness 
  • milodavis
    milodavis
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VANgFo4ps0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbQk2FY7zMM

This is what Level 11 Hellstorms can do against Sickle Syndicate bases!
  • NoFovos
    NoFovos
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 202
    Keep post in this site this video, and then you ask ?? why kixeye change rogue bases, and nerf hell as much he can.....what a fools...
  • zubizarus
    zubizarus
    Minor Nuisance
    Although nerfed big time HS are still the best air unit, especially when paired with Cobras - 5 HS + 2 Cobras Lvl.12. Most rogues can still be done with air only providing you work out the angles and make them fire staggered, not in rocket packs. Learning to exploit the splash effect might take some time but helps a lot even in bases filled with gats and riflemen, at least you can divert all incoming fire and land some missiles, then all the rest is easy.
  • GauraV2107
    GauraV2107
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 74
    hellstorms r best if u try them with hellfire.............if u think that u want the resources by only air then change ur mind becoz kixeye make all stuff nearly balanced.............

• dimmuborgir
    dimmuborgir
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 50
    hellstorms r best if u try them with hellfire.............if u think that u want the resources by only air then change ur mind becoz kixeye make all stuff nearly balanced.............

I do all 30's 35's and sickles just using only my 5 lvl11 hellstorms its all abouth the angle when you attack use walls,buildings,tanks for splash damage even the "mighty flack tank lvl10 or stingers" you can kill by splash damage.just the erifle men they can hurt helstorms bad.for base deffence use e riflemen,stingers and egats that's the way I do it :) I know there will be other players with more and better info but we all can help eachother right ;) grtz
    live and let live don't judge people to fast :)
  • generalinchief
    generalinchief
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 314
    hellstorm bigest enemy is stingers in watchtowers,yet i dont know much about customized elite gatling trucks,but since those are only in player bases its just that hellstorm are quite ok
    for freedom..