Refreshing while on forums

burninwolf
burninwolf
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
While playing the game on one of the built in tabs I go to the forums on another built in tab. If I wish to refresh the forums to see if anyone has posted on the latest post I would lose the battle pirates tab and would refresh the game as well. Also when clicking on the link to bring me to sub forum that Bean suggested it lost the battle pirates tab so if I click on a link I would lose the game and have to go back into the game. Can you make a refresh button within the forums like the one google chrome uses so only the forums would refresh and separate the games some how for when I click on a link or else there is no point playing on your website as I wont be able to use the forums to a degree I would like to while playing battle pirates and might as well just use facebook which I would rather not.
Trogar said:
So... Confirmed, a memorial, or generally any large gathering could cause problems, as the available resources on the server are finite.
  • Perses
    Perses
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,754
    When you open kixeye.com you'll get the navigation bar on the top.

Click community - forums as you usually would, but hold ctrl down when you open a thread. This will open the thread in a new tab, and you can navigate through the forums in that tab whilst still playing the game in the other one. You will lose the navigation bar in the second tab though.

It is kind of stupid how Kixeye think we either play the game or be on the forums, and cant do both concurrently. With the amount of time it takes to do anything in War Commander I usually play in the forums while also playing the game. 
    Best Spoiler yet ...
    well if there is a turret it may not be tesla turret, it could be something that fires jackrabbits and honey badgers at things. Or coffee, it could shoot coffee.
  • Magic Find Barbarian
    Magic Find Barbarian
    KIXEYE
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 301
    Here's what I do: whenever I want to refresh the forums page I click on the General Discussion link at the top of the page where it says " /  / "

• burninwolf
    burninwolf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,652
    edited 16 Feb 2013, 6:44AM
    Here's what I do: whenever I want to refresh the forums page I click on the General Discussion link at the top of the page where it says " /  / "
    I did state that is one way of doing but clicking on any link loses the game as well I did hope a member of Kixeye would of commented on this since it is posted
     in the correct place and after messaging one of the CM's to have a peek guess I should of put this on general discussion maybe then they would of taken notice

Trogar said:
    So... Confirmed, a memorial, or generally any large gathering could cause problems, as the available resources on the server are finite.
  • al244098
    al244098
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,162
    i found a solution, right click > reload frame

it reloads the current tab, not the whole page