Navigation Relay

• Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    Is the relay system going to allow people to jump to other servers with their fleets also? Like, if my base is in the 101-200 server, would I be able to send a fleet to the 301-400 server?
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Wiked Klown
    Wiked Klown
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,171
    why is this being worked on over a drydock/ 2nd shipyard ?

10000x more wanted that over this stupid thing.

all this shows is u dont listen to your players
    BP id#550090     LVL 97
    WC id#341900    LVL 32 (retired)
    VC id#14874        LVL 26 (beta tester)(retired)
     **Leader of the Godz and ruler of sector 402**
    147 hackers banned and rising
  • GenGrant
    GenGrant
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 579
    how can anyone dislike this idea? in fact I think it would be interesting if the drac bases functioned as relay stations, requiring a sector, or alliance to defeat it and maintain control in order to use it. Maybe it would bring back some FvF as well as massive raids on other sectors like in the old days of Battle Pirates.

I like this idea very much
    Winner of the following HULLS: Too many to list

OTHER PRIZES:Too many to even bother remembering
  • Ernest Aupperlee
    Ernest Aupperlee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 292
    I like this idea. If I have someone in my alliance visiting a distant sector and he asks me for assistance. I can use the relay to get there EVEN IF, and this is key....Even if my OP is smashed and I can not move my base, say from a hit I got a few hours ago, rather than coin the repair and port to my friend I can send a fleet through relay. I see it as a way to assist distant freinds withou the pain in the [email protected]@ I get when I relocate. This way I use the relay, keep my base where I want and not lose my spot on my map, and still send help to my friend.....I see a lot of possibilities in this feature and would welcome it.
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,422
    Any answer to this yet Magic?

Q. If this come into effect and u have star gated 100 sectors away (for Eq) and die in a base, does the fleet then take the long way home or does it automaticly use the star gate?
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Any answer to this yet Magic?

Q. If this come into effect and u have star gated 100 sectors away (for Eq) and die in a base, does the fleet then take the long way home or does it automaticly use the star gate?

Refraining from calling it a star gate, but if you do die far away from your home sector, it will use the Relay Towers automatically.
  • azagoth
    azagoth
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 538
    I like the idea in theory, however with the number of problems I had in the last raid is it possible that this would put a even bigger strain on a game that has tested the limits of flash player already as is? I'm certain that many others would agree that fixing already exsisting problems in game before creating even more would be more welcome by the masses than this
    :cool:
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Refraining from calling it a star gate, but if you do die far away from your home sector, it will use the Relay Towers automatically.

TY Magic,

Still hope you guys fix stuff before bringing in something that is basicly usless tho.
  • BladeII
    BladeII
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 403
    for myself i don;t like to travel anyfurther then max 10 min to hit a base, so even going to the neighboring secor is a pain in the but. Also being on the map lately for more then 5 min looking for a base to hit lags up my game so much that a total chrome and game refresh is nessecary.

for the vunerability, i say always vunerable, i can go park outside and hit any fleet wich comes out ^.^

i still love siking bse fleets lol its more fun and rewarding then hitting bases anyway
  • Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    Is there anything in particular that sounds overly complicated? The system is still being worked on so if there is something in particular, we can perhaps streamline it.

Man, sorry to say Sarap, but asking time after time for feedback to US, players and then find out you kixeye does whatever they wanna introduce...
    First of all, around 15 % of your users are also forum users...
    So 85 % of the players dont know this subject at all..
    So you gonna tweek an option in the game just by the 15 % of users who think thats the best way to tweek a new option ?

btw:
    Appsdata says daily 100.00 active players...
    your forum tells me you have daily around 831 people who do vist the forum, so make it daily 1000...
    100.000 active users and just 1.000 daily visitors makes it even a smaller amount of people who give their opinion...
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    Ron Valk wrote: »
    Man, sorry to say Sarap, but asking time after time for feedback to US, players and then find out you kixeye does whatever they wanna introduce...
    So you gonna tweek an option in the game just by the 15 % of users who think thats the best way to tweek a new option ?

btw:
    your forum tells me you have daily around 831 people who do vist the forum, so make it daily 1000...
    100.000 active users and just 1.000 daily visitors makes it even a smaller amount of people who give their opinion...

And thats not taking into account forum users who DON'T play BP. There are plenty who only play BYM, or only play WC. Skews the #'s even more...
  • bohica203
    bohica203
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7
    Greetings Captains,

One of the features currently planned for Battle Pirates is the new Navigation Relay Network. With this system, players will be able to substantially reduce the amount of time necessary to travel between sectors.

Feature Breakdown
    Each sector will have four Relay Towers. Players will need to travel to the towers in order to hook into the Forsaken Relay Network.
    • Players will be able to sync into the relay network and travel quickly through up to five sectors at a time.
    • Players can use the network multiple times to travel even further from their home sector.
    • If a player’s fleet is defeated far away from the home sector, it will automatically use the Relay Network to get back home.

Protection
    At the moment, the design discussion is centered on whether or not players entering/exiting the Navigation Relay should be vulnerable to attacks - and if not, how long they should be protected.
    • Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates), but there is the potential for this to cause unwanted game behavior.
    • One of the primary concerns here is the potential for spawn camping at a Relay Tower keeping other players from using the feature at all.

Let us know what you think!

Instead of a portal to travel between sectors why not give us what we have been asking for like a dry dock. that would be more helpful.. jus the thoughts of a level 50 player.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ron Valk wrote: »

btw:

Regarding this thread in particular, implementation is not the focus, but rather how it gets implemented. While you may be generally correct about the percentages, the 15% on here did ask for more information, so that's what I'm trying to do.
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Regarding this thread in particular, implementation is not the focus, but rather how it gets implemented. While you may be generally correct about the percentages, the 15% on here did ask for more information, so that's what I'm trying to do.

And we do appreciate it, even if some of us are against the idea.

Knowledge is power!
  • Lucky Luke
    Lucky Luke
    Unicorn Overlord
    Another question.

Sense using a portal saves time and time is what Kieye makes their money on.

How much will it cost to use a portal?
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Lucky Luke wrote: »
    Another question.

Sense using a portal saves time and time is what Kieye makes their money on.

How much will it cost to use a portal?

To my knowledge, there is no cost associated.
  • prozn856
    prozn856
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 465
    To my knowledge, there is no cost associated.

Inb4 there is an indirect cost, like Kixeye making you SOS everytime you enter the portal and then getting your fleets sunk by campers on the other end. :p ( Assuming we can actually hit each other at portals )
    Pirate Name: David
    Sector 66
    User ID 18****6
    Playing Since: Sept. 2011
    Alliance 66 Barnburners
  • Zaharkan
    Zaharkan
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,067
    On the face of it I don't like the idea, unless this is part of some effort to change how bases relocate. Which it would not. And contrary to the OP's statement it is in my opinion very science fictiony. I think it would be nice to hear some more background on the purpose of this. I know in some games this mechanic exists in one form or another, just seems a little bit redundant and not something that would add a lot to the game.
    Sweet Sweet Lemonade coming to a base near you
    Drac Base #2 - Done Solo 
  • Raptor1027
    Raptor1027
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 720
    Greetings Captains,

One of the features currently planned for Battle Pirates is the new Navigation Relay Network. With this system, players will be able to substantially reduce the amount of time necessary to travel between sectors.

Feature Breakdown
    Each sector will have four Relay Towers. Players will need to travel to the towers in order to hook into the Forsaken Relay Network.
    • Players will be able to sync into the relay network and travel quickly through up to five sectors at a time.
    • Players can use the network multiple times to travel even further from their home sector.
    • If a player’s fleet is defeated far away from the home sector, it will automatically use the Relay Network to get back home.

Protection
    At the moment, the design discussion is centered on whether or not players entering/exiting the Navigation Relay should be vulnerable to attacks - and if not, how long they should be protected.
    • Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates), but there is the potential for this to cause unwanted game behavior.
    • One of the primary concerns here is the potential for spawn camping at a Relay Tower keeping other players from using the feature at all.

Let us know what you think!

if you want to eliminate possible camping outside of the relay towers, i suggest you make the towers very big on the map like the draconian bases so that players cannot park right next to it. this will ensure that there is a safe distance between player entering/exiting the relay towers and potential campers. and in order to make this fool proof, the relay towers should NOT have a "move here" option when a bookmark is placed. they should ONLY have the option to link into the relay network. that way they cant park their fleets right underneath the towers either. they will just have to go to the bookmark and choose a location on the map close to the tower

• Evoboy
    Evoboy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 196
    OK here is my thoughts on this.
    1. Make it just like when you leave your base. (that way when you leave it your fleet is already in motion when you show up)
    2. You are still looking at 10-15 mins travel time so I am still gonna insect hit (lmao)
    3. You can build it doesn't mean that they will come and use it.

• DeathAndDestruction44
    DeathAndDestruction44
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 886
    No, no. It's not something that's super science fictiony.

teleportation of huge warships IS that super science fictiony lol
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    Pogo1027 wrote: »
    if you want to eliminate possible camping outside of the relay towers, i suggest you make the towers very big on the map like the draconian bases so that players cannot park right next to it. this will ensure that there is a safe distance between player entering/exiting the relay towers and potential campers. and in order to make this fool proof, the relay towers should NOT have a "move here" option when a bookmark is placed. they should ONLY have the option to link into the relay network. that way they cant park their fleets right underneath the towers either. they will just have to go to the bookmark and choose a location on the map close to the tower

I like this idea...
  • Captain Crapalot
    Captain Crapalot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 293
    Since ole tear-drinker stubbornly brought in the magic lab the game has gone the science fiction route.

Is it bad? No the game is still good, but it is not as good as it used to be.
  • Leo Guy
    Leo Guy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 55
    This isn't Battle Pirates any more!
  • pikhoved
    pikhoved
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 370
    I prefer farming bases within 30 seconds to 1 minute of me. Can this feature be tweaked so instead I can simply port farms immediately next to my base?
    They call me Mo.
    BP Player ID: 84823     Name:  Pikhoved                  

• Jason WTF
    Jason WTF
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 106
    Why not just increase the map speed?
  • Capt_Cannabis
    Capt_Cannabis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 611
    i think its pretty cool i might check it out honestly it wont matter to me though i rarely hit outta sector
    BloodReign 66
    been to alot of places cant remember most 
    prizes basically everything 

[QUOTE=Deadly_Jam;2530995]just refresh till it works<---answer to all battle pirate problems :)[/QUOTE]
  • ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,104
    You not wanting it =/= no one wants it.

Saw plenty of wish list posts for this.

Plenty as in...? More wanting this that useful features?
    And Kixeye is always fixing issues on the back end, taking staff off of new features won't get it done any faster (9 women can't make a baby in 1 month), and stagnation can easily kill a game.

General rule of thumb in this game is if you beat someone you are a hacker, if you lose to them you suck. - Jake.Ohara10

• ACJ73
    ACJ73
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,104
    A few people have already provided threads showing that this was something that was asked for. Please keep comments on topic.

That some ppl have asked for it, doesn't justify the introduction. There will always be some pros and cons - its the amount of requests that matters in the end, not some arcaic (the request must from before I started) and obscure request...
    And Kixeye is always fixing issues on the back end, taking staff off of new features won't get it done any faster (9 women can't make a baby in 1 month), and stagnation can easily kill a game.

General rule of thumb in this game is if you beat someone you are a hacker, if you lose to them you suck. - Jake.Ohara10

• cabcaster
    cabcaster
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 9
    The answer is quite simple. Create a queue system and once in it you are safe, but you are also forced to take your turn. Also it seems that you should be dropped at a random point in the designated sector. This stops all the problems you have suggested.
This discussion has been closed.