Navigation Relay

• Max Thornton
    Max Thornton
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 938
    No protection for the invaders. They should get a cool down period after porting where they can't attack. Yes, a penalty for porting. The invaders can get attacked but can't attack for x amount of time after porting. I like it. :)
  • William Brixon
    William Brixon
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,217
    The ring around it would be an auto suck in and auto expel. Going into the ring will take control of the ship and auto enter it into the relay. Upon exit of the relay it will auto send your fleets towards the outside of the ring (random direction). If you make it take 5-10 seconds to leave the ring, it will give people the time to set some destination cords so the ships don's stop moving.
    Death_Wind - BP Level 72 - Sectors: 194 -> 216 -> 345 -> 283 -> 216 -> 246 -> 101 -> 436 -> 1 -> 217 -> 283 -> 1 -> 170 -> 217 -> 116 -> 466 -> 217 -> 395 -> 487 -> 177 -> 400 -> 270 -> 217 -> 254 -> 323 -> 232  -> 445 -> 359 -> 267 -> 184 -> 497 -> 114 -> 184 -> 1 -> 217 -> 184 -> 217 ->436 ->283 -> 323 -> 283
    https://www.youtube.com/user/krisbrixon
  • Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Cheesy_Shark_Tongue
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,914
    While you are at it, why not change the sectors to 10 x 10, rather than 100 x 1, so that more sectors are just plain closer.
    Quit Spring 2015 or so, returned Jan 2019.  
    QUOTE by John Stribling. - Who needs Jerry Springer, when u have forums. LMAO
  • TallGiraffe
    TallGiraffe
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 4,743
    I think its a neat idea. As long as it doesn't need coins to run. Would encourage FvF too.

Will you post the February plans soon?
    Don't use Level. Use Tech when describing players. Level means nothing, its all about tech.
  • Burke
    Burke
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,005
    Greetings Captains,

One of the features currently planned for Battle Pirates is the new Navigation Relay Network. With this system, players will be able to substantially reduce the amount of time necessary to travel between sectors.

Feature Breakdown
    Each sector will have four Relay Towers. Players will need to travel to the towers in order to hook into the Forsaken Relay Network.
    • Players will be able to sync into the relay network and travel quickly through up to five sectors at a time.
    • Players can use the network multiple times to travel even further from their home sector.
    • If a player’s fleet is defeated far away from the home sector, it will automatically use the Relay Network to get back home.

Protection
    At the moment, the design discussion is centered on whether or not players entering/exiting the Navigation Relay should be vulnerable to attacks - and if not, how long they should be protected.
    • Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates), but there is the potential for this to cause unwanted game behavior.
    • One of the primary concerns here is the potential for spawn camping at a Relay Tower keeping other players from using the feature at all.

Let us know what you think!

I think you need to explain this better. It is not clear exactly what you are talking about or why there could be abuse. What do you mean by "spawn camping", for example. I just can not tell how this would work well enough to decide whether the proposal is good or bad.

EDIT:

OK, I guess I understand some of the concern from tunder00:
    tunder00 wrote: »
    Being vulnerable exiting relay's would be annoying, because some people would just camp out at the relays and hit everyone coming out of them.

(1) Either implement it as the current game runs, with no vulnerability for moving ships, or implement full fleet intercept throughout the whole game. However, fleet intercept would be a dramatic feature change so it does not make sense to add it here alone or to add it without serious consideration.

(2) Do not add this as a pay to play feature.
  • bailey177
    bailey177
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 82
    Why not use this relay system to introduce/make fvf battles fun again? make it so that alliances can "capture" the relay systems instead of them belonging to the forsaken alliance they can belong to the draconians. The scenario play out of this would be as follows

1) player with unique id number and/or alliance tag takes it from draconians
    2) player/alliance then has to protect it from other people using it
    3) player/alliance intercepts fleets that jump to/through the sector of that relay
  • One_Piece
    One_Piece
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 83
    sounds interesting

With 4 relays in each sector I don't think it needs protection when entering or exiting. Camping around them just sounds goofy. Personally, I'm not parking fleets near a relay in the hopes that someone might come through, while I'm online on the odd chance that I happen to look that way. Certainly not going to stare at one for any length of time....zzzz.....boring.

If you add protection, 30 seconds should be sufficient to get your fleets moving again. Any more just for the sake of sos and crash protection, to me, is just pointless. We run that risk with everything we do. Is there really a difference if you crash at a gate as opposed to entering a fight/base. A crash is a crash, usually with the same results.
    Mind gone..........leave message after the beep..........:p
  • Phyl_NightWarrior
    Phyl_NightWarrior
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 262
    Getting my camping gear ready...I would camp nearby ....so you might better rethink that part. When someone is exiting my sector after hitting a base they might want to jump into the navigation relay to go far away....he just hit my neighbor so I definitely want to have a shot at him before he leaves.
    NIGHT WARRIOR PHYL
  • rlmartin6
    rlmartin6
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 11
    Not a fan of vulnerability at relay towers. At level 42, I don't have an abundance of ships. Travelling that far away from my base only to be sunk 3 sectors over is wasted effort on my part. I wouldn't use the feature if there were a possibility I wouldn't be able to accomplish my initial objective due to random attacks at a tower.
  • bailey177
    bailey177
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 82
    rlmartin6 wrote: »
    Not a fan of vulnerability at relay towers. At level 42, I don't have an abundance of ships. Travelling that far away from my base only to be sunk 3 sectors over is wasted effort on my part. I wouldn't use the feature if there were a possibility I wouldn't be able to accomplish my initial objective due to random attacks at a tower.

your not forced to use them...its just more convienant and if working as a group/alliance and you was vunerable at all times then it wouldnt be so bad.
  • Black-Star_JAG
    Black-Star_JAG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 421
    Seriously I think this is lame, why not add dry dock like everyone is asking for instead of meaningless stuff in the game. if you think this is going to retain players, I think you really need to look into comsumer needs first to retain players. I have been playing since July of 2011 and the game is just not what it use to be.
    LvL 67 Sectors 190, 221, 238, 73, 139, 157, 465, 136, 181, 311 and Oh hell i give up counting..(Smashaplooza)
    BlackStar_JAG, Winner of Revenge Raid II and BI II, 2nd place, BI 3, 1st place, BI 4, 2nd place, BI 5 ?, BI6 1st, SW ?, got my Dread.. 
      Videos>>>>>[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/tbfblackstar[/url]   

If you fail, try, try again until you succeed!!!!! JAG Alliance, Founding Member 
  • Dreadnought Jim
    Dreadnought Jim
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 236
    Am I the only one that has wondered why we have fleets that have map speeds that vary from 20-125 mph, but the ships are 1-3 miles long? Scale is off make a mile the distance between bases keep everything else the same. Map speed just increased fivefold for everyone like it should be and you can get back to making our dry dock instead of useless updates that leave everyone wondering who comes up with this nonsense...
    LOL, don't know her... don't care about either of you... this thread is like watching the Special Olympics, I'm rooting for anyone to win, but it's sad watching you all try.
  • darksun98
    darksun98
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,338
    I like the pro activeness you all are doing, but it's too much in a short amount of time. Your killing the players with so much stuff that it's causing all kinds of glitches and problems on your end. You need to work on that some then implement these features.
    IGN: Darksun lvl 92     id# 1221759

Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

Aren't skins decorations?
  • leagleye
    leagleye
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 79
    Saw plenty of wish list posts for this.

Yea, i probably saw more wishlists for this than for the Dry Dock, who would ever want a Dry Dock instead of this? hmm

Ps: now i gotta refit my fleets again, get rid of streamlining. And for that i need a ... ....? nah, Dry Dock is probably useless
    As previously stated, dry dock has been noted and I'm still working to try and get an official statement on the matter.
  • shadowfighter BOM
    shadowfighter BOM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 277
    its a good idea in theory. but you would need some kind of protection during entry\exit. maybe a "bubble" like a destroyed base, that you cannot attack within surrounding the hub, so your fleet is protected till your computer and the system catches up with the change and you have time to load into the new sector.
  • dtankman
    dtankman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2
    I like the idea of being able to travel between sectors with reduced travel times. A small amount of protection time is probably good.
  • Homer_Sinksome
    Homer_Sinksome
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 138
    Flo wrote: »
    I like that there are shorter travel times between sectors..only thing I dislike at this is that it will probably reduce the number of insecs even more :(

In addition, participants in sector wars go from whoever can get into a sector and maybe the 2 sectors on either side to anyone in 100 sectors. sectors can be massively ganged up on, at the very least you should give them the chance to 'defend' at the exit of the "Battle Panama Canal"
    Hedon
     Until I can say "600 K" but cannot say 'wop' or 'ginny', I have to say the most race insensitive people I know of are the ones that set the BP chat censorship.
  • sandhill
    sandhill
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700
    • Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates), now if this is true why not bring back the attack button??? this sector jump is just so much junk to clutter up what little is left of a good game
    player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • sandhill
    sandhill
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700
    Greetings Captains,

One of the features currently planned for Battle Pirates is the new Navigation Relay Network. With this system, players will be able to substantially reduce the amount of time necessary to travel between sectors.

Feature Breakdown
    Each sector will have four Relay Towers. Players will need to travel to the towers in order to hook into the Forsaken Relay Network.
    • Players will be able to sync into the relay network and travel quickly through up to five sectors at a time.
    • Players can use the network multiple times to travel even further from their home sector.
    • If a player’s fleet is defeated far away from the home sector, it will automatically use the Relay Network to get back home.

Protection
    At the moment, the design discussion is centered on whether or not players entering/exiting the Navigation Relay should be vulnerable to attacks - and if not, how long they should be protected.
    • Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates), but there is the potential for this to cause unwanted game behavior.
    • One of the primary concerns here is the potential for spawn camping at a Relay Tower keeping other players from using the feature at all.

Let us know what you think!

As i now look at the poll it seems that few players believe in:• Increased combat activity is generally a good thing (especially in a game called Battle Pirates),...lol the super basers are so chicken
    player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    Again everyone wants the free pass to not get sunk. It is Battle Pirates if you hit a base you better expect to possibly get sank by people that show up if they show up. There should be no guarantee passes you can do anything without possibility of getting caught. You have a 17+ hr baser you better be on the move of have back up. If not you run risk of getting sank. Fleets are built to be sank and repaired all part of the game.
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • YESIASKEDTHAT
    YESIASKEDTHAT
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 241
    A much more simple solution: Increase the map speed of ships by 400%. If it took you 16 minutes to go 4 sectors, no one would care.
  • Matt Greaves
    Matt Greaves
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 163
    how about droping repair times on everything then make the game more alive
  • Bonarz
    Bonarz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 30
    That would help out a lot on us end sectors. I'm in 300, and having easier access to other sectors opens up more targets for us. Definitely need to look into the protection though.
  • Peter Watson
    Peter Watson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 206
    You not wanting it =/= no one wants it.

Saw plenty of wish list posts for this.

By that logic Sir then we would have seen a Dry Dock feature long ago; for there are at least 1000 asking for that feature to every one who asked for this.
    TANSTAAFL
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch Bandito260 Sector 493; Level 84 Please feel free to correct my grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax or idiom, but if you do, remember that I am British and hence a member of the only nation who has the right to term themselves native speakers of the English language. Please also ensure when doing so that the text of your corrective post is word perfect.
  • captoke
    captoke
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 65
    Ducky424 wrote: »
    As much as I appreciate traveling times being reduced, would prefer other times that are much longer to be looked at ...

yes yes yes like i don't have a prob traveling at least let us quee up our ships so they fix one after another. Ships taking so long to make fine it's encouraging coining im fine with that but let us make and refit a ship at once. You keep putting and changing stuff most ppl don't care bout and bring back FvF bring the attack button back
  • Darth Cylonus
    Darth Cylonus
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1
    Instead of creating newer features, why not fix existing problems and make the basic playing of the game more enjoyable?????
  • Pamela
    Pamela
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 638
    Max Last wrote: »
    You whine more than they do. Suck it up and hit who you want. If you don't like the response you get, too bad. Nothing in the rules against it.

I do hit who I want, when I want. It's the noobs that are convinced they are not allowed to hit insector by higher levels that will be even more convinced. I could care less about the response I get LOL. But hmmm, I thought his was a feedback thread? well, that was my feedback. If you don't like it, too bad. :D
  • Michigan Marauder
    Michigan Marauder
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,787
    Why have some fancy Navagation Array system?
    If you are going to attack a base or have a fvf war:
    In your base you have a "launch" box and a "Sector" box you pick and you automatically have 1000 travel speed.....
    the down side you must die in order to use that system and it blocks you from attacking in sector with that system
    or you could make it 25% or 50% or 75% health of the fleet
    Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php

WoW Alpha Tester

Holy crap I need to get my eyes checked.  I thought you had typed, "Will we see midget strippers dancing on our whorehouses?"

Sarcasm and jadedness is all we have left - everything else costs Uranium now. -Grumpy Pirate

• Eric Pierson
    Eric Pierson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 8
    How bout we get to the real subject... The game has less active players and needs to make it more available to find other active players in your level area. A better idea than giving us a "portal" is to reduce the overall game map and cut it down to around 100-150 sectors and let us roam them as we please (not limited to 100 sectors). this would bring us all closer rather than trying to jump and hope that a base is close by that we can hit
    no whines, no cries, and no jealousy please!! I get enough of that in real life.
  • joeyfanof88
    joeyfanof88
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 140
    People are worried about what sector police will say.....Why? I never listen to the little cry babies anyway. This ol country boy hits whoever, whenever I want.
    GHOSTRIDER.....LEVEL 80.... SECTOR 49.....WINNER OF EVERYTHING! 

This discussion has been closed.