Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 83
    Aarrrggghhhh
    Mind gone..........leave message after the beep..........:p
  • SMART-BP
    SMART-BP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 481
    i think the dry dock idea is a stupid one.... they can also cut build and refittimes to 50% and you have same... no other building needed but i think they wont lose the money so i bet they will never reduce build or refit times and never give you a dry dock..........
  • Fallen-sec86
    Fallen-sec86
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,204
    bildbau wrote: »
    i think the dry dock idea is a stupid one.... they can also cut build and refittimes to 50% and you have same... no other building needed but i think they wont lose the money so i bet they will never reduce build or refit times and never give you a dry dock..........

Nevermind cant be arsed explaining it in detail.
     BP(retired, scrapped and fed my base to the res sharks)
    Sector 85.
    ID 100k ish
    Vega Valaxian lvl 37 sector 1500

[QUOTE=KIXEYE Lev;2413988]We’ve got a lotta tools in our shed [/QUOTE]
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990
    I think even if KIXEYE cuts the build times by 10-25%, i think it would be better than nothing, i will bring this to KIXEYE as well.
    Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • jaarkhan
    jaarkhan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 3
    Arrhh!!
    Aaaarrrrrhhhhh!!!!!!!
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,475
    That would of been a great olive branch to the players. At least something to show that they realize that the issue if more important than the coming soon of the drac bases.
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    I think even if KIXEYE cuts the build times by 10-25%, i think it would be better than nothing, i will bring this to KIXEYE as well.
  • Randall_D
    Randall_D
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 57
    who said nything about 10%.....please....
    at least half....10% on a 21 day build is wht?, .... ya...now only 19 days.....lol
    "Give the Beard a tug....and see what happens next...!"
    NAME: Redbeard_1
    USER ID: 1130397
    ALLIANCE: not anymore...lol
    BP's SECTOR: where i am
    LVL: 37 (since reset) :cool: Winner:RR1, BI1, BI3, BI4 & BI6
  • Brody Olson
    Brody Olson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 46
    Something I could see happening.... we have shipyard 2 for reducing weight of forsaken weapons, i could see a lvl 3 shipyard to reduce build times by 10-15% max as Hitman007 said.
    BadCompany[NBS]
    level 53
    Your User ID is: 89449

We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Mandy Duffy
    Mandy Duffy
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    All help would be appreciated on this matter Hitman (y)
  • Quackgoesthe
    Quackgoesthe
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,706
    Aaaarrrrhhhh
    ([Damage] * (1 + [Damage Bonus])) / ([Reload] / (1 + [Reload bonus]) + 0.1 * ([Salvo] - 1)) = [DPS]
    Not factoring in splash or spread.
    (3200 * (1 + 0)) / (4 / (1 + 0) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 711
    (3200 * (1 + -0.65)) / (4 / (1 + 2) + 0.1 * (6 - 1)) = 611

[QUOTE=KIXEYE CM MagicSarap;2643418]Actually, it's 815 trillion.
  • Clint_Eastwood-TBH
    Clint_Eastwood-TBH
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 222

10% would be like an officer, but thats not enouph for the situation we're all stuck into. I think 25-50% is the minimum at this point, and im not being greedy, if we could build 2 fleet at a time that would be like 100%.

And i dont hate the idea to build 2 or even 3 ships at the same time, since even a goliath will still take a month to build, and who knows if we ever get goliath x in the future,

just saying,

ARRHH Your User ID is: 535052
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152

any reduction would be appreciated i don't care if they call it a drydock or something else as long as it has the same effect as in to significantly reduce build times i would be happy with 25% better than a kick in the teeth

• Grumpy Pirate
    Grumpy Pirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 3,339
    ARRRHHH....

I won 6 drac hulls in the last raid (3 good ones, 3 small ones).... I cannot wait to build all of them. Unfortunately i've also got a ton of other things that need doing first. For example, refitting my base guard fleet to have decent specials on, refitting my salv cracking fleets with the engine 2 special, building 2 new raid fleets, refitting 1 more and retiring my old BBs, building a new res hauler fleet and finally completing my Interdictor fleet I started in November. I've done some rough numbers and I think i'll be done with all of that for the end of February.

Then i'll start building the new hulls I won, this will take me up until my birthday.... which is in June. This is all the while assuming I don't add to the backlog by getting a new hull or two in the 6 raids between now and when the backlog should be cleared for. Bearing in mind all of this is going on while I don't have the big ticket items that take 15 days+ each to build like the Goliaths and the DNX.

Basically i'm aware that kixeye is worried about upsetting the balance of the game by altering build times or giving people a drydock.... but if such a bottleneck continues then people will eventually make good on their threats and leave.... in which case balance won't be an issue anymore, purely because there will be no one left in the game.

I know this subject has been talked to death so this is the last time i'll post in a thread about the ridiculousness of build and repair times. I can only hope something gets done relatively soon, even if it's just an official statement telling people one way or another if anything will happen to resolve this problem in the immediate future.

Edit to add; right now i'd be happy to see any reduction in build/refit/repair times, 10% off of a 6 month backlog is still a lot
  • Jebus
    Jebus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 760
    Ok at first i was trolling a bit i see that now, but now i am talking with yous lot.
    **** Troll
                                                                                                               JEBUS LvL 60           
                                                                                                       THUG LIFE OUTLAWZ            
                                                                        Make ya famous : http://www.youtube.com/JebusDaPirate      
  • kingamo
    kingamo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 112
    ARRRHH....

User id 200k
    King
    LVL 58
    Native 97
    Started: Aug 2011
    Current location: Lost at sea!
  • Miss Harker
    Miss Harker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 159
    Something I could see happening.... we have shipyard 2 for reducing weight of forsaken weapons, i could see a lvl 3 shipyard to reduce build times by 10-15% max as Hitman007 said.

Reducing build times would be of benefit but the trouble is that with all the new tech being released for ships, nobody has the time to refit their current ships to keep up with the game. Hence one of the reasons behind having a dry dock, so peeps can continue to build and refit at the same time to keep up with a game that's moving so fast that it's limiting it's players to such a slow pace x
    "Don't talk to me in a morning unless it's about more sleep, sex or bacon!"
    Level 54 - Won: Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Juggernaut, Super Fortress, Strike Cruiser, Goliath, Interdictor, Dreadnaught X, Hammerhead B, Sea Scorpion, Spectre, Corvette, Destroyer, Missile Cruiser, Cudas - Been in: 26, 105, 155, 169, 174, 203, 211, 230, 244, 394, 453, 400, 444

• Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    10% would be like an officer, but thats not enouph for the situation we're all stuck into. I think 25-50% is the minimum at this point, and im not being greedy, if we could build 2 fleet at a time that would be like 100%.

And i dont hate the idea to build 2 or even 3 ships at the same time, since even a goliath will still take a month to build, and who knows if we ever get goliath x in the future,

just saying,

ARRHH Your User ID is: 535052

Has i said, it is better than nothing, and its a starting point.

All help would be appreciated on this matter Hitman (y)

ty

I think its a good idea, and i will bring it to KIXEYE.

Randall_D wrote: »
    who said nything about 10%.....please....
    at least half....10% on a 21 day build is wht?, .... ya...now only 19 days.....lol

Its better than nothing.

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,622
    Well it won't be hard to implement anyway, why don't they add it to a beta server as testing waters to see if there is any change or add it in for a month and check on the public's opinion and check to see if they are making more money then with out but to note it as testing. Even a reduction of 25% + 10% from the officer is still a welcome. I guess a reduction is easier to add and they can increase it every other month to see how it is helping them or not.
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,869

Good idea actually. AGREED
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • Silverfox15987
    Silverfox15987
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 47
    It's nice to see Mods and Admins actually taking the time to sit here and respond to most comments. Even if they are trolling or trying to control the trolls. It shows the effort they put into the forums.

I would like to put in my shared desire for a Dry Dock or a means of Refitting already built hulls whilst still having the ability to build a new boat . I spend enough coins on events to get my hulls, I work for my money, it's not just something that comes from dad's wallet. So when I see that I have to spend 600 coins to finish a boat, my first reaction is Pfft screw that. I'm a poor white boy, I can't afford 60 dollars on pixels I spend at most ten to twenty dollars a raid THE MOST i ever spent was thirty and that was my very first raid and I kept screwing up. Now I'm the proud owner of Cuda's, Strike Cruisers, Dread X, and many other nice boats, but unfortunatly I am constantly having to refit my old boats so that I can keep up with the demands of the new raids... this being said I do not have time to build the awesome new hulls I won. See the problem here? Why should I keep dishing out money each event for a boat that's going to take me months to even start building a fleet of? I mean I JUST NOW finished my last Strike cruiser from when i won it a while back. I'm by no means asking for a miracle structure, however in real life we have support structures that repair and refit old boats, why can't we have one in the game, Heck why not make it a feature of the docks Upgrade docks to an elite status or something that allows them to modify boats? Sure there would be a substantial amount of coding to write, but I'm sure the programers and designers at Kixeye, who make games that are live action stratagy instead of waiting for other players to get on and maybe not even respond, can come up with something amazing enough for this!

Long story short. Why should I support a game by buying coins for a raid, when i can't even use the reward I won because I'm too busy refitting a boat in the only place i can build a ship? It's a huge turn off for me, and others I'm sure. I'm thinking, if the new hulls for next event aren't great, I'm just gonna skip em till I can build the last of what I already have.

Not to mention, it would prove a bonus for you as well. with two buildings doing two things, thats all the more someone might just buy a 10 - 15 gold rush job on each of them. Faster. Instead of waiting for a boat to go from 500 down to 15.

Say I refit a boat and it costs 300 coins, And I have another boat thats half way done, it's sitting at around 295 coins. They both get to finish around the same time. So instead of waiting that much longer for JUST ONE boat, you could score 30 coins from 2 boats instead of the 4 day wait in between. Marketing win right there baby!

Why aren't yall Arrrgghhh 'ing along with us? :)
    Battle Pirates : User ID is: 352977 ZaneHayami Level 59 117 Faithful Born and raised.
  • Benjamin Becker
    Benjamin Becker
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,436
    Arrrrhhhhh!!!!!
    Raid Hulls:
    Corvette, Destroyer, and a few others...
  • John Doe-chacocl
    John Doe-chacocl
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 1
    AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

We want the Dry dock NOW!!!!

User ID is: 6079500
    Battle-Pirate-Name = John_Doe_Sparow lvl49 / User ID is: 6079500

War Commander-Name John - lvl31 / User ID is: 4739087

:D
  • hurrkia
    hurrkia
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 82
    arrgggghhhh
    arrgggghhhh
    arrgggghhhh
  • Miss Harker
    Miss Harker
    Minor Nuisance

One might think you were rushing your replies Hitman.."Has i said"? :lol: x
    Level 54 - Won: Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Juggernaut, Super Fortress, Strike Cruiser, Goliath, Interdictor, Dreadnaught X, Hammerhead B, Sea Scorpion, Spectre, Corvette, Destroyer, Missile Cruiser, Cudas - Been in: 26, 105, 155, 169, 174, 203, 211, 230, 244, 394, 453, 400, 444

• Brody Olson
    Brody Olson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 46
    Hitman is right those of you asking for 50% reduction in time... it will never happen, either quit, or be happy with whatever they give us, at least it's something.
    BadCompany[NBS]
    level 53
    Your User ID is: 89449

• Grandpachris
    Grandpachris
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 511
    pheonosis wrote: »
    All you that agree say ARRRRHHHHH!!!!!

Naw, actually I'm pretty good with buildtimes the way they ARRRRRRRRRRRHHHHH !!
    (just kidding)
    Kixeye fix the major compliant in the game.
    The more you smoke... the less you get caught with...:D
    If you find yourself in a fair fight you need to review your tactics.
    ...From my cold dead hands.
  • FKIT
    FKIT
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,794

Its better than nothing.

It is a terrible idea that will only accomplish one thing.
    Kixeye will go, "10%... oh ok!"
    Then the player base will go, "No! We want the rest of that 40% in the total of 50% reduction."
    Then Kixeye will just look at themselves and go, "Well we already gave them something... what more do they want. Now they are just being greedy."

All or nothing. Because nothing keeps this game declining like it is; therefore, I want all. 50% reduction / second shipyard / dry docks. Whatever the solution is, nothing less gets me back to coining again.
    FKIT: level 90
    ID 1.1 million
    Alliance:368R

• Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hitman is right those of you asking for 50% reduction in time... it will never happen, either quit, or be happy with whatever they give us, at least it's something.

People asking for 50% need to understand, 10-25% of is better than nothing and every little helps, also 50% of is a bit to much.
    One might think you were rushing your replies Hitman.."Has i said"? :lol: x
    Haha i was eating dinner at the same time.

• Miss Harker
    Miss Harker
    Minor Nuisance
    Haha i was eating dinner at the same time.

Just cannot get the staff :p Lol x

• Spinner
    Spinner
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 16
    ARRRRHHHH!!!

User ID is: 8851424