We want the Dry dock NOW!!!!

• FKIT
    FKIT
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,794
    Aarrhhh
    Fallout wrote: »
    but If it doesn't work out for both the players and KIXEYE then I see no reason to change the way it is now.

Wait what? Kixeye is in the business of selling time (speed ups). The players are saying the time (speed ups) are over priced and want them reduced so they will actually take part in said selling of time. Since Kixeye lacks the financial staff necessary to understand economic trends and correlations, this is the exact reason why it will never happen. To Kixeye, Time = Money. Therefore increase the cost of time and they will make more money.

For the players, Time = Cost. Increase the cost and fewer will partake. I am sure they have someone running the numbers... but likely they have retasked that person to the new games where their focus lies.
    FKIT: level 90
    ID 1.1 million
    Alliance:368R

• Miss Harker
    Miss Harker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 159
    Let me put it like this, I do think build times should be shortened or Dry Dock added, but If it doesn't work out for both the players and KIXEYE then I see no reason to change the way it is now.

Fallout it has been shown in many threads that a Dry Dock would be mutually beneficial to players and to Kixeye, not only financially wise in the short term but it would also encourage more players to continue playing and to play harder and better if they had the ability to better their fleets quicker. It would bring about a more balanced game instead of just Kixeye playing up to those that coin the most. It would encourage the smaller players (the next generation of coiners) to stick at it and spend more...Win Win for players and Kixeye when the bigger picture is really taken into consideration :D x
    "Don't talk to me in a morning unless it's about more sleep, sex or bacon!"
    Level 54 - Won: Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Juggernaut, Super Fortress, Strike Cruiser, Goliath, Interdictor, Dreadnaught X, Hammerhead B, Sea Scorpion, Spectre, Corvette, Destroyer, Missile Cruiser, Cudas - Been in: 26, 105, 155, 169, 174, 203, 211, 230, 244, 394, 453, 400, 444

• The Whaler
    The Whaler
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,842
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    What?

Thank you.

my bad replied to the wrong person
    Keep your friends close and your enemies within range of your primary weapon
  • ChopOff
    ChopOff
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 924
    Let me put it like this, I do think build times should be shortened or Dry Dock added, but If it doesn't work out for both the players and KIXEYE then I see no reason to change the way it is now.

So I am guessing you enjoy playing with yourself then......if we do not get something to speed up the drag that BP has turned into you will surely end up playing with yourself....now that might be fun for you but it be a huge shame for a game that was once great; fast fun action.
  • NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    Fallout it has been shown in many threads that a Dry Dock would be mutually beneficial to players and to Kixeye, not only financially wise in the short term but it would also encourage more players to continue playing and to play harder and better if they had the ability to better their fleets quicker. It would bring about a more balanced game instead of just Kixeye playing up to those that coin the most. It would encourage the smaller players (the next generation of coiners) to stick at it and spend more...Win Win for players and Kixeye when the bigger picture is really taken into consideration :D x
    I know that but I was only referring to this thread. In other words mods and KIXEYE are well aware of how much the community want this to be added.
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

"If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

No I'm not a moderator
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990
    Deadly_Jam wrote: »
    my bad replied to the wrong person

haha, i was like ermm what is this person on about lol.
    Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • Fallen-sec86
    Fallen-sec86
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,204
    Well yes in a way, because think about it, the more people and the more MODS you can get on your side the better, i am always bringing it up to the CM about the build times.

My parents always told me to listen with out talking. You have said that you pass everything on, which is honestly great. Continual posts and replies saying the same things though(not just you other too) seems to only serve to wind poeple up.
     BP(retired, scrapped and fed my base to the res sharks)
    Sector 85.
    ID 100k ish
    Vega Valaxian lvl 37 sector 1500

[QUOTE=KIXEYE Lev;2413988]We’ve got a lotta tools in our shed [/QUOTE]
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    My parents always told me to listen with out talking. You have said that you pass everything on, which is honestly great. Continual posts and replies saying the same things though(not just you other too) seems to only serve to wind poeple up.

Ok at first i was trolling a bit i see that now, but now i am talking with yous lot.

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • Miss Harker
    Miss Harker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 159
    I know that but I was only referring to this thread.

I am glad you see. The reasoning has been explained, this is just about the numbers. Showing how many are in favour of and are in desperate need of this feature :)

Might I also add that the Mods seem to be trolling a teeny weeny tiny bit? :lol: x
    "Don't talk to me in a morning unless it's about more sleep, sex or bacon!"
    Level 54 - Won: Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Juggernaut, Super Fortress, Strike Cruiser, Goliath, Interdictor, Dreadnaught X, Hammerhead B, Sea Scorpion, Spectre, Corvette, Destroyer, Missile Cruiser, Cudas - Been in: 26, 105, 155, 169, 174, 203, 211, 230, 244, 394, 453, 400, 444

• USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    I like how everyone is arguing with us, show there true intentions.
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • What_are_you_thinking
    What_are_you_thinking
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 22
    I loved the game, I like to spend the money on this game and I understand that the company has to make money too. But at this time there is no reason to spend ANY MONEY. I'm so backed logged on ships, I don't have a reason to play as much. I want to play the mission and the raids but what for? A new ship? A new special? That's just another ship that adds to my back logged shipyard. There are 30 hulls out there to build, maybe 20 hulls worth building. The ratio of ships to build slot is a crazy. If I can't build the ships I won in the last raid before the next raid whats the sense of doing the next raid? I would like the idea of the dry dock, but we won't get it. I thing we should be able to have 3 spots to refit/build at a time. With a new ship a month with these crazy build time is a must. if not this game will be dead within a year without any changes to the build times or number of ships that can be built at a time. Until then I will not be spending any more money, on a game that I don't get a fair return on MY MONEY.
  • kris1019
    kris1019
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,475

So far the status quo only benefits Kixeye. In what way does having the massive coiners such as Liam who are now complaining about the choke point beneficial to Kixeye? This has been a problem for over a year and Kixeye has offered less in the form of solutions than their players have. FACT.
    telemarks wrote: »
    Arrhh!!! .....

These words from Paul Preece were in the now deleted "Aura" announcement from late July ... hopefully Paul can come back to give us an update on how the work is progressing many, many months latter

I love how Paul Preece talks about game balance. This game has been unbalanced for a long time now. There are new, more powerful ships released every month and there has been NO significant additions for base defense. The Halo as a raid prize does not count. In fact, that addition was nerfed before anyone could claim it because it was deemed to powerful by Kixeye. Some how a new base weapon is overpowered in their eyes but none of their ship releases are.
  • The Pun
    The Pun
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 33
    I listen to all the users, and i always take their feed back, back to KIXEYE and tell them.

Like a true mod should, I have been a high level mod on a buncha of large VB sites over the years. Hard keeping the people happy.
    The Pun is The One
  • rrdata
    rrdata
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 82
    ARRHH!!!

It would be nice to have and much needed however Kixeye dont rush it, launch it a soon as possible after being tested first please.
    LIMburgia
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Like a true mod should, I have been a high level mod on a buncha of large VB sites over the years. Hard keeping the people happy.

Yes very true on the last bit, people need to understand that i do listen to a lot of people, ok the last few weeks i have not be able to be on has much has i wanton to, but i am still about and still listening to everyone.

• Cpt. Chris
    Cpt. Chris
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,869

Ok maybe the title isn't the best way to put. Perhaps it should be like this " Building, repairing and refitting times are taking long. How about a dry dock so we can build, repair and refit 2 ships at a time? "
    DevNul wrote: »
    @Cpt Chris
    For the last time, no arbiter module forces subs to the surface. Have you finally understood? That is why I also said: You were confused with the Depth Charge.

DevNul said:
    You can't unsubscribe. All the old forum tools have been removed. These twats have us at their mercy.

Cpt. Chris said:
    You really like to make fool of yourself don't you? There is a check mark next to the thread's name on the top left, click it and you won't get a single notification about this thread.

DevNul said: You really like to make a fool of yourself don't you!  If there was one I'd use it!

DevNulsaid: you better ask Cpt Chris about that when I eventually find him/she/it. ;)

IronGunns said: Cpt Chris, your a noob!!  the Subsonic Cavitator is a Arbiter Mod that makes nearby subs to surface....look before you speak

RW Miller said: you are taking that 65% damage reduction if you use it.. This has never showed up on the turret  just in description in lab
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Hard keeping the people happy.

Big differents between "pleasing everyone" & "problems"
    Ive played enough F2P games, and when you "Ignore" a serious problem, people leave
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Mark Long
    Mark Long
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1
    Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
  • trick 009
    trick 009
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 4
    ARRHH!!! we need it very very soon with ship builds that take 20 days it just takes to long
  • sirbrendan
    sirbrendan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3
    ARRRRRGH!

I have to agree. It's tough being stuck between building new ships and refitting. It takes forever to get anything accomplished. A dry dock would certainly help.
  • DirtyTeaze
    DirtyTeaze
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 97
    ARRRRRGH!!! Id = 3885570

<3
    Image result for gaz from invader zim gif
  • JoKe
    JoKe
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,147

Alright here, WE WANT DRY DOCK...COMING SOON? Would that be a better idea maybe attach that to the label underneath the Drac Bases.

Dry Dock to do refits and that would be it, no penalties, can be attached to the Dock itself so no more buildings just extra slot for it on the Dock and upgrade Dock for the use of refits. Now that was easy and painful..

And this vid is perfect for this board btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niha3qa1HC0
    I go Poopy...Yeah, It was good!!
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • THE-MASTER-INF
    THE-MASTER-INF
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 976
    Do you really think after all this time and the countless times it's been brought up that they haven't said anything before today?

I think u **** well know the players aint getting any dry dock soon? why dont you all stop stringing the players along like lost farm sheep and just tell them its not coming? aaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhh
  • JoKe
    JoKe
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,147
    Oh yeah ARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    I go Poopy...Yeah, It was good!!
  • Dave Moos Lawrence
    Dave Moos Lawrence
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 8
    yeah we need it,will they do it? NOPE.. because people still coin to speed up, stop that then they might. but dont hold your breath! lol
  • Stivrax
    Stivrax
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 199
    ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
    Your User ID is: 3028024
    Stivrax
    Hulls won- who cares
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,195