To hit or not tohit...that is the question!

• CAPT_SMPPL
    CAPT_SMPPL
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 57

so ok its fine to be an insector,but if people choose to play anti insect hitters theres a problem? why is it ok for you to be an insector but others to travel to hit insector you have issues with?sounds like a one sided whine fest.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063

Roger674 said:

Why do we want no hit sectors?

Because it can give people a sense of community and it is fun. Initially, before alliances, it was an easy way to define  us vs. them. More so because of the way comms are set up than anything else. Now, even with alliances, it is still a popular and easy way to set boundaries. It makes rallying for the common defense and engaging in invasions easier. BP is a social game, building communities is a social act. It is just part of playing the game as intended.

Why are sector police insistant on being brutalised? - I admit this is badly worded.

It is not a matter of sector police being brutal. It is a matter of insects making themselves visible targets.

Is there any justification for players to police others?

Who is policing whom? The so called sector police have no extra powers from any other player. They may have different motivations for choosing their targets, but it is no more right nor wrong than any other criteria for choosing whom to attack. If it is a matter of a bunch of high levels attacking lower levels, that is just part of the game.

Or is that in fact part of the piracy attraction?

Helping suppress insect hitting is just part of community building for those sectors that choose to be no-hit.

Are 'Insectors' the bane of Battle Pirates or the masked crusaders of true justice?

I see an Insect as an obvious target, nothing more, nothing less.

Notes

I enjoy being in a no-hit sector. I like helping defend my sector mates and help when I can with invasions of other sectors. The occasional insect alliance that jumps into sector can be fun to fight for awhile. But I don't want to be part of the anarchy of an anything goes hit sector.

You mention you don't like to be told what to do. Well, when you tell people they shouldn't act like sector police, you are now telling them what they should do.

If you don't like no hit sectors, don't travel to one. If you do, enjoy the ride.

Where do I tell people not to defend there sectors?

I am all for unified sectors problem is many I have come across are not that unified for various reasons and are not that strong - the ones that are I am on good terms with as they have a true sense of community (no I am not going to reveal my favourite sectors)

What I am against is the over the top policing that is a front for basically being bullying jerk offs. Which is not the same as you are implying.

so ok its fine to be an insector,but if people choose to play anti insect hitters theres a problem? why is it ok for you to be an insector but others to travel to hit insector you have issues with?sounds like a one sided whine fest.

You have issues with comprehension if that is all you can gather from my posts. Check the questions and answer them if you want me to take you seriously. 

• Odins_Slayer
    Odins_Slayer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 758

First of sec police well they funny part of this game they are and they all over and i dont care i dont , When it come to hitting back fek i hit a ton of 50s and a few 60s as i just turn 60! Problem is they never fekking hit back them self not ONE! I duno if this is lack of skill, lack of coin, lack of hulls , lack of idea on how to do it or try and hit and not rim! Hit in a sec far away just for fun hit a 55 to 60 i bet 100 coins i have a 65+ in my base fast but not once in the last 3 weeks have i been hit by the dude i hit but a **** loade of hit men aka sec police ! :) Always fun to have a good hit... **** fek ,  all of you try and do your own hitting and thats why so maney allys suck balls only a 10 20 in a clan of 60 do the hitting rest is cheer leaders of the clan imho! :)    quota is a need thing for the ally and then all need to hit 30s like 80s ffs ...

Have a Nice Day!
    Odins-Slayer.

Ps if you have never done a base hit before 40 when are you gona learn it? By doing a **** loade of salvs?????

• Chepus
    Chepus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 581

Contrary to the polarised view points, there is no "normal" way to play the game. You play as you wish with a couple of caviats. If you're an insector hitter and go into a no insector hitting sector, expect the sector police to whip you're arse and don't complain if they do. If your don't like in sector hitting sectors, don't go into them and complain when you're neighbours hit you.

Of course if you want the challenge of hitting insector and facing sector cops....that's cool and if you want to be a sector cop that's cool too. Bottom line is no one is right, there is no right way to play. There is only within the rules, everything else is a choice. But if you place yourself in a position that doesn't suit you, get out of there or suck it up.

I've been in a few sectors where the sector cops were fantastic and devastated insectors, they were well organised and strong. I've also seen sector cops who are unreasonable and bully new arrivals despite them not having hit anyone.So it takes all sorts and there will never be an answer to this question as there is no right answer. Just the rules and choice of how to play.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063

My ideal rules (which really peeved people off in the home sector) was :

You can hit insector if you want to, just dont cry if you get slapped back.

Do not bully and do not whine.

Don't bullshit and dont lie. If you get hit then you have to stand your ground. 

--My role during that period was sheriff/outlaw type my main role was not to keep insectors at bay but sector cops from getting silly. Had a lot of fun doing that. As did a ton of alliances passing through during that time. The seemingly relaxed view worked as insector realized 'we cant out baddass this guy' because I could be a little bit wild, I hated being outshined by anybody (think it was why someone labled me dr Franknfurter from rocky horror), it was in some senses total insanity but it worked the comms were clean the vibe good and the bullies kept in check and forced to sniff **** (I had interesting ways of keeping order should anyone get too far out of line and try to jump on a bandwagon) --

Reposting the questions for continuity :

Why do we want no hit sectors?

Here give an answer on why you may want a no hit sector.

Why are sector police insistant on being brutalised? - I admit this is badly worded.

Here write why people may want to be a sector cop and brutalize other players not doing what they say / being brutalized by other players resentful of being told what to do.

Is there any justification for players to police others?

Here write your thoughts on the question asked.

Or is that in fact part of the piracy attraction?

Here write if that is indeed your attraction or if it not.

Are 'Insectors' the bane of Battle Pirates or the masked crusaders of true justice?

obviously being melodramatice but you get the idea which do you see the insector hitter as.

do tell of your experiences of why some no hit sectors work and some do not. Would be good to get some views of sector cops where they have seen it fail yet in other sectors succeed as well as a pirates (insectors) view.