To hit or not tohit...that is the question!

• SurferRex
    SurferRex
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 49
    I am referring to the solid system in my home sector, I recognize that there are many sectors with weak sector cops, but in my sector they have worked pretty well.

Which sector would that be?
    - S u r f e r R e x -
  • onmyway
    onmyway
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 372
    and you are still makeing crying post..look put it this way.if you went to secter 5
    and got rid of the secter cops.then lots more insecters came and keep hitting you
    and your mates and keep yous bubbled all then time..would you then come crying
    to forms and say lets get rid of the insecters hiters now??????lets say you say no.
    then tell me what the big deal about been hit by a cop or an insecter hiter????
    the 2 of them do the same thing hit you with ships..so id it realy that you dont like
    how the cops talk in comms???is that y get rid of them...make a point to your
    crying posts and stop talking shti.all this cos you tryed to hit in a secter you got hit
    back now you are crying here looking for lapdogs to help you.
    Wulf wrote: »
    Why do we want no hit sectors?
    Why are sector police insistant on being brutalised?
    Is there any justification for players to police others?
    Or is that in fact part of the piracy attraction?
    Are 'Insectors' the bane of Battle Pirates or the masked crusaders of true justice?

do tell of your experiences of why some work and some fail.

I personally choose whether to hit in or out of sector as opposed to have anybody tell me whats to do - for when they do tell me whats what i often do the opposite.
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 6,063
    Slim could you give an example of how your sector deals with hitting and ho hitting.
    I am not going to play devils advocate i just want to see how your sector is stronger than another (another policed sector) also on the KOS type of stuff, does your sector give chances, a fair hearing or is it a total you do this and you get stormed on comms or fleets etc.
    do you have a body that decides how far is too far things like that.
  • onmyway
    onmyway
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 372
    now you realy are talking shti....using force for the moral good is just daft and does not make sense (note in context of BP).so how are you going to get rid of the secter cop.ask them nicely????
    wow i seen it all now.using force is not good..o but only if i wulf use it to come to forms
    and get lots of big hiters to go and force an end to secter cop..lmfho
    hay shti talker one more big fail on your part..as i said think befor you talk cry babby.
    i get it now its ok for wulfy to do it but not the secter cops lmho.if its from a cop or
    an insecter a hit is a hit,now go back to your bubble and cry some more shti.
    Wulf wrote: »
    I think when people put in place 'this is a no hit sector' (which i used to do back in my lvl 20's old level system) it is to them for plenty of good reasons. Unfortunately those reasons are wrong.
    All of them are wrong!

Yes it is nice not to get hit so you can upgrade a building or get resources for a fleet and all that stuff. But to implement it on another person with a use of force is just not on. Probably why I am such a pain in the **** to some people because using force for the moral good is just daft and does not make sense (note in context of BP).

I find a lot of people get comfortable in a sector decide they want to pretend they are in fact playing farmville and anyone breaking the rule of not hitting in sector therefore must be punished because they are evil.
    Ofcourse they got tons of equipment because they been playing hit the bot pirates.
    Though they do not know how to handle an individual who is not outright 'evil' but has a personality that is varied like any other human being. they also cannot understand why a pirate would not sit still and allow a superior fleet to simply sink it this in turn creates frustration leading to anger from the bot pirate.
    Somehow the insector hitter must do everything according to what the cops want him/her to do. That is attacking a fully fortified base over and over again otherwise the radical extremist is all things evil in mankind.

the insector hitter must have an unlimted supply of resources and base fleets otherwise again they are just evil.
    When i am in a no hit sector if i steal a salvage or hit a base all of a sudden every new arrival becomes some kind of super judge dread - yet i dont see them doing much on the war with the neighbouring sector.

The Bot Pirates also come to the conclusion this must be a spy or some kind of sociopath.
    Been called both a number of times. Spy i remember was first used long ago when asking how do they know someone is hacking during the raid, the sector did not know me and started saying i was a spy for defending the person (I was just asking how they could tell) at the time i was a guest of another alliance so bit my tongue out of respect and let the alliance sort it out.
    sociopath been called that frequently recently umm yeah sure I am because I hit things in a game of battle pirates and I retain my right to disagree. - note a sociopath would not be so blunt and would go about things in a very different way - ive seen plenty of sector cops exhibit traits of a sociopath.

I like gangland type of sectors you gotta use bit of muscle bit of intelligence and get on with what you gotta do. the sectors either side are the enemy also and thats when the sector should unite in fighting them then go back to business as usual (whatever that maybe).
    I draw the line at trying to get other people to dislike someone I let my enemy do that as it is helpful for me to see whose intelligent and who is not. (as well as seeming a bit unsporting - i'm a little odd like that).
  • CapBirdseye
    CapBirdseye
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 204
    I thought this was a pirate game, hit who you want when you want, or am I wrong?
    Surely with the new alliance system coming in we wont need sector police anymore, will we?
    I personally don't hit in sector but aso don't want to be told who i CAN AND CAN'T HIT!
  • EchoII
    EchoII
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 222
    Wulf said:
    Why are sector police insistant on being brutalised?
    Are 'Insectors' the bane of Battle Pirates or the masked crusaders of true justice?

do tell of your experiences of why some work and some fail.

I personally choose whether to hit in or out of sector as opposed to have anybody tell me whats to do - for when they do tell me whats what i often do the opposite.
    I should just say STOP BEING A BABY ABOUT IT AND DEAL WITH IT! You made threads about insectors, and against sector police, and all that other crap. Well who cares! If your going into a nuthouse, dont expect everyone there to know who you are, or to treat you well, even if you are the Prince of England!
    How I feel during the Forsaken Arena Tournament
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    wow you dug that post up just to have a bit of a rant.

If anyone wants to have an intelligent discussion on the questions raised above feel free to give your opinions/objections/ask questions on this thread.
  • BrainsBad
    BrainsBad
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 274
    ...I have ever heard of a lone-wolf pirate and thats what insectors are because they are hated by 98% of the players..lol:D
    And then?
  • Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    Interesting thread Wulf.

The problem I find with a lot of the in-sector groups that move around is the school yard comms that ensue: we rule this sector, all your bases are ours, swearing, childish jibes, ive even seen blatant racism from one group (reported), a lot dont seem to be pirates "playing properly" that Wulf says but school bullies desperate to stroke their own egos who spend a week hitting all the lowbie or weak bases then claiming they've won (???). Its sad but true.
  • theCID
    theCID
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 458
    most non hit sectors are terrible.   the players rely on police and never fix their farms.  
    Cid aka ****-KnocKer
    sector 15 original

Rogue ARMY

‎"everyman has his breaking point. It is evident that Kurt has reached his."
    " yes sir, he is obviously gone, completely; insane!"
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    Perbrill said:
    Interesting thread Wulf.

The problem I find with a lot of the in-sector groups that move around is the school yard comms that ensue: we rule this sector, all your bases are ours, swearing, childish jibes, ive even seen blatant racism from one group (reported), a lot dont seem to be pirates "playing properly" that Wulf says but school bullies desperate to stroke their own egos who spend a week hitting all the lowbie or weak bases then claiming they've won (???). Its sad but true.
    I know what you mean there are some jerk alliances that to me are not really that different from sector cop groups behaving the same way. It was an alliance like the one you mentioned that prompted me to 'unify' my first sector when i first started playing (back in Revenge Raid days ancient history)
    theCID said:
    most non hit sectors are terrible.   the players rely on police and never fix their farms.  
    The problem is if a crew tries to help the farms the sector cops / wannabee lords get in the way by attempting to derail any help an isnector crew might be offering to the sector.
    (even other sector cops who know how to sort a sector out feel they cannot straighten it out due to the holy order of the few and the many cry babies with little perception beyond there noses).
  • Oooshhh
    Oooshhh
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 879
    Best time ever..... just arrived at a sector and hadnt even launched a fleet yet, said in comms I was here to hit in sector. Immediately sector police arive and start working me over. I wait utill he was done to say I havnt done anything yet. Open season from then on. Sector police are only trying to prevent the inevitable and in the long run almost always lose. I personally punish others for sector police actions. Rocket my dock, I try to beat personal records hitting as many 40+ I can without repair. Attack me salvaging, I sink all miners I can. Call me names.... I call more friends who love that kinda stuff. We live for the action. No hit sectors are our motive and sector police are our fuel
  • crazyjr
    crazyjr
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,245
    edited 6 Jul 2013, 6:29PM
    Wulf, while my sector is a no hit sector, we don't have "sector police", it was a mutual decision by the majority of the sector. While we accept your right to play your way, please accept our right to play our way. If you do find our sector and In-sector hit, expect to be bubbled by any and everyone in the sector. Like i said, we respect your way of play, Just don't cry when we play our way.
  • sandhill
    sandhill
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700
    Another thread because Wulf doesn't like getting hit during his insect hit's...I see a lot of these so called tough guys that cry when they get pounded by sector mates....there are 6 clans in my sector and we defend it from anyone that hits a base insector, we don't get em all but we make their life miserable....Play the game the way you want take your lumps and QUIT CRYING ON EVERY FORUM YOU CAN GET ON!

player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 8 Jul 2013, 7:06AM

sandhill said:
    Another thread because Wulf doesn't like getting hit during his insect hit's.

That is a load of bull Sandhill.  Maybe you should get that rod out of your **** and come hunt me down I am in sector 355 currently. You can kiss **** there and talk your usual bollox I am sure you will get along with the natives.

Edit: If you do come to sector 355 and stick it out don't come crying on comms when you fail at the next raid :)
  • Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord
    crazyjr0 said:
    Wulf, while my sector is a no hit sector, we don't have "sector police", it was a mutual decision by the majority of the sector. While we accept your right to play your way, please accept our right to play our way. If you do find our sector and In-sector hit, expect to be bubbled by any and everyone in the sector. Like i said, we respect your way of play, Just don't cry when we play our way.
    and back on topic:
    Sorry for delayed response.
    What happens though if you get some low levels start hitting eachother are they allowed to go on and do what they like or do you guys who decided it was a no hit sector come down on them?
    BANGARANG said:
    Best time ever..... just arrived at a sector and hadnt even launched a fleet yet, said in comms I was here to hit in sector. Immediately sector police arive and start working me over. I wait utill he was done to say I havnt done anything yet. Open season from then on. Sector police are only trying to prevent the inevitable and in the long run almost always lose. I personally punish others for sector police actions. Rocket my dock, I try to beat personal records hitting as many 40+ I can without repair. Attack me salvaging, I sink all miners I can. Call me names.... I call more friends who love that kinda stuff. We live for the action. No hit sectors are our motive and sector police are our fuel
    Lol aye they actually make something into a problem and then make it worse.
    I just ported into 429 and I gave them my usual attitude and they totally 'got' it. I probably won't even hit in this sector because I liked how they responded - respectful while not being pussyfied. (and without expecting threats to get them anywhere) - I wont go as far as saying its a free for all sector they just get on with their business by the looks of it.
  • General1AIT SG234
    General1AIT SG234
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,162
    edited 20 Aug 2013, 9:44AM

Wulf said:

what an idiotic attitude, lol so if i tell you dont jump off the bridge, you will do it..either way i'm controling you and that my opinion affects yours and you dont have your own that you are sticking to..thats not how the game was meant to be..you must know what you want first then do it..untill then ,play farmvile.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GAMING GIRLS ARE THE FKNG SEXIEST !!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

info: Male /1985 BD/ hell no not just an addicted gamer!!

Ladies, Gentelmen and **** (All Three Species Of This Community)..Cheer up, Game IS going in the RIGHT Direction!!

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord

Wulf said:

what an idiotic attitude, lol so if i tell you dont jump off the bridge, you will do it..either way i'm controling you and that my opinion affects yours and you dont have your own that you are sticking to..thats not how the game was meant to be..you must know what you want first then do it..untill then ,play farmvile.
    Yeah sure Annax, keep the faith, fight the power and good for you.
  • Zam
    Zam
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,501

Wulf said:

Honestly, I am with Wulf on this as well.  For me, there is something about me that won't let me get walked all over and just tolerate it.  While being told that a sector is a no hit sector is not the same as being walked all over, but often there is a veiled threat in the "sector rules" that is shared.  I don't care for it at all.  Sometimes I will **** on their lawn just because of that.  For me, it is never personal and I am by no means the second coming at this game (really very average), but I do like have a little fun with these sector cops from time to time.  In the end, as it has been stated ad nauseam, it is about how we derive pleasure.  I detest the coms whining and verbal abuse that often ensues which often causes me to only hit insector here and there.  
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • Martin Coleman
    Martin Coleman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 3

I have lost hope for the no hit sector but 341 seems to police itself nicely.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord

I am in search for the perfect sector. Maybe I will just have to build one, which can take a ton of patience and a general revolution of thinking within the sector (or pulling in so many anarchy alliances the locals just give up protesting to any new rules being blasted on comms).

(or play Battle Pirates with rubber ducks in the bath).

• Chepus
    Chepus
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 581

The only thing I ever have issue with in terms of in sector hitters is that comms tends to descend to a level where it can become downright offensive to even read. I'm more than aware that it takes 2 (or more) to tango and the sector cops give as good as they get but the in sector hitting groups I have so far come across seem intent on upsetting everyone rather than  just playing the game. For that reason I rarely have my comms open.

I'm a great believer in playing the game the way you want and not being bound by the stupid bloody player imposed rules but I draw the line when it gets nasty and personal. There's never any need for it on either side of the equation as I believe that insector hitting groups can be beneficial in exposing sector weaknesses and giving advice. There have been a few really good players who once they have hit your base, will readily give advice. They are true players of worth.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord

My experience has been quite different with exception to a few alliances. 

I find no matter how reasonable/polite I am I receive a ton of abuse and find any sensible conversation being interrupted and turning into a hate frenzy. That is from the sector cops. Insector hitters do start to go down the route of F%%% em all when week in and week out sad cases do nothing but slander and talk BS and encourage negative behaviour to happen in there own sector - which they are claiming they themselves are upholding and preventing it from descending, so the travelling 'insector hitter' just expects people to be jerks. - I will add I think the term 'insector hitter' kind of justifies the whole sector cop thing.

Part of the reason for "Le Wulf publications" was to educate sector cops on what not to do. Some people have taken it on board while others seem to ignore it completely. I chewed a ton of people in my home sector days - I did have a go at disruptive roaming alliances but found myself chewing out my own sector for wanting to jump on a sector cop bandwagon over every little thing (which made me a ton of friends lol). However those who took notice to what I was saying saw the difference between them and the newer arrivals tot he sector wanting to impose the 'no hit sector or you get hit' mentality. And became better players / more respected for following the guidelines I set down. - while the sector cop types made/make themselves look foolish on an overly regular basis.

• A G O N Y
    A G O N Y
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 797
    Wulf said:
    I think when people put in place 'this is a no hit sector' (which i used to do back in my lvl 20's old level system) it is to them for plenty of good reasons. Unfortunately those reasons are wrong.
    All of them are wrong!

Yes it is nice not to get hit so you can upgrade a building or get resources for a fleet and all that stuff. But to implement it on another person with a use of force is just not on. Probably why I am such a pain in the **** to some people because using force for the moral good is just daft and does not make sense (note in context of BP).

I find a lot of people get comfortable in a sector decide they want to pretend they are in fact playing farmville and anyone breaking the rule of not hitting in sector therefore must be punished because they are evil.
    Ofcourse they got tons of equipment because they been playing hit the bot pirates.
    Though they do not know how to handle an individual who is not outright 'evil' but has a personality that is varied like any other human being. they also cannot understand why a pirate would not sit still and allow a superior fleet to simply sink it this in turn creates frustration leading to anger from the bot pirate.
    Somehow the insector hitter must do everything according to what the cops want him/her to do. That is attacking a fully fortified base over and over again otherwise the radical extremist is all things evil in mankind.

the insector hitter must have an unlimted supply of resources and base fleets otherwise again they are just evil.
    When i am in a no hit sector if i steal a salvage or hit a base all of a sudden every new arrival becomes some kind of super judge dread - yet i dont see them doing much on the war with the neighbouring sector.

The Bot Pirates also come to the conclusion this must be a spy or some kind of sociopath.
    Been called both a number of times. Spy i remember was first used long ago when asking how do they know someone is hacking during the raid, the sector did not know me and started saying i was a spy for defending the person (I was just asking how they could tell) at the time i was a guest of another alliance so bit my tongue out of respect and let the alliance sort it out.
    sociopath been called that frequently recently umm yeah sure I am because I hit things in a game of battle pirates and I retain my right to disagree. - note a sociopath would not be so blunt and would go about things in a very different way - ive seen plenty of sector cops exhibit traits of a sociopath.

I like gangland type of sectors you gotta use bit of muscle bit of intelligence and get on with what you gotta do. the sectors either side are the enemy also and thats when the sector should unite in fighting them then go back to business as usual (whatever that maybe).
    I draw the line at trying to get other people to dislike someone I let my enemy do that as it is helpful for me to see whose intelligent and who is not. (as well as seeming a bit unsporting - i'm a little odd like that).

When are you going to get it through your strange little head people can, and will, play however they like.  You say how they play is wrong.  Why does your opinion make their opinion wrong?  What are you looking for, world peace?  I was brought up in a no hit sector and now hit insector.  Both types of gamers are needed or the game would be boring.  The best fights I have had were when I was living in a no insect sector, fighting insects and vice versa.  You would have been better off bumping one of you old posts about the same subject.  

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord

This is an old subject bumped by someone else.

To repeat myself in order to answer you (and that very old post) :

My current view (and is probably very similar to my usual view) summed up  :

Exactly people should play how they like, they are however even more now gone down the route of making so many weaker players under the whole 'unified sector' thing in theories and words it works to make stronger players in reality it does not - hence why I can go around with HHs and BAttle Cruisers and hit a ton of people.

To answer fully (apologies if this is a poor layout of a reply) :

When are you going to get it through your strange little head people can, and will, play however they like.

You have misunderstood myself and I do not know how to explain I am all for freedom of play...as Swag struck a chord in a post of long long ago.

You say how they play is wrong.  Why does your opinion make their opinion wrong?

The use in comms and over reaction does little to further sector strength. There is an abundance of weak bases and players unwilling to engage in PVP because of the 'I will just get someone else to bop the other guy on the nose' - even those of similar level to me.

What are you looking for, world peace?

I fail to see where I have ever expressed that view in reality or in battle pirates. 

I was brought up in a no hit sector and now hit insector.  Both types of gamers are needed or the game would be boring.  The best fights I have had were when I was living in a no insect sector, fighting insects and vice versa.

In Wulf's thoughts on being a pirate I go into my role in a no hit sector when promoting a unified sector with the glue being hitting the other sector as opposed to hunting out whoever hits in sector. Also it goes into how to have fun insector hitting and gives other players not interested in being an isnector what to watch out for in there own behaviour so they dont get sucked into a negative playing experience.

Check out the dates on posts because I think you made a wrong assumption.

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord

To prevent this going off what the topic was originally intended for I will repeat the questions on the first post :

Here give an answer on why you may want a no hit sector.

Why are sector police insistant on being brutalised? - I admit this is badly worded.

Here write why people may want to be a sector cop and brutalize other players not doing what they say / being brutalized by other players resentful of being told what to do.

Here write your thoughts on the question asked.

Here write if that is indeed your attraction or if it not.

obviously being melodramatice but you get the idea which do you see the insector hitter as.

do tell of your experiences of why some no hit sectors work and some do not. Would be good to get some views of sector cops where they have seen it fail yet in other sectors succeed as well as a pirates (insectors) view.

• A G O N Y
    A G O N Y
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 797
    Ive read a number of your posts and you really have to get over yourself.  Maybe I do read your posts wrong but every time you speak its is me me me.  Why dont people play like me?   Why dont they have the same view as me?  If people are playing within the rules it is of no concert to you, how or why they do the things they do.  If everyone had the same views and actions of you the game would be boring.  It is so much better crushing somebody when they have the opposive view to yourself.  This is where secto hitters vs non sector hitters is needed.  In my opinion anyway  (which will be wrong because its not the same as yours) : P  

• Le Wulf
    Le Wulf
    Unicorn Overlord

The role I play I do have to be an egotistical maniac for laughs and to get under the skin of others. - Seriously though : MY posts do come across like it is all about me! Everybody loves Raymond Wulf. This is because :

I have to use my own experiences over intelligence partly because I run the risk of sounding like someone with 'big ideas' and 'theories' rather than a person who is going by experiences. Take Seneca for example ideas and theories - but did not really apply them to himself. (yes I just did critic Seneca - this does not mean i am dissing him though).

As you have looked through MY posts you will also see some no hit sectors that have got it right and I enjoy those sectors. 

MY beef is the suppression of freedom of play if you take a recent example in sector 355 a level 20 was 'hitting in sector' and so the sector cops ruined his game for him. MY way would have been (and is when I am in a friendly sector) is to have a 'who cares they are below level 40 and the nearer to 40 to give them a heads up at 40 they could make themselves a target' In days of yore I would not really give too much attention to an individual player hitting insector unless they were part of a crew/advance party that did not want to just fight but wanted to farm/bully players. (which may sound odd coming from me but I personally do not like farming same people over and over unless they really went for me someway).

To sum up:

It is the enforced beyond sense type of sectors I raise the flag up and ready the guns so to speak. 

ME! ME! ME!... how much fun one can be when you are as despicable as little ME!

• LordSmithers
    LordSmithers
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,023

I dunno. Seems like a waste of effort to me. I guess people arbitrarily decided to relate the easily broken-up sector units into the equivalent of villages or something. Someone attacking from outside is an invader and it's understandable, but anyone hitting inside is a criminal that could destabilize the place.

Why are sector police insistant on being brutalised? - I admit this is badly worded.

I guess it's a power thing. How dare someone come into your territory and not follow your rules? Also the aformentioned concern of destabilizing the accepted order.

None that I can think of.

I dunno.

In general, insectors are just people who don't arbitrarily decide who can and cannot be hit based on grid-sections.

do tell of your experiences of why some no hit sectors work and some do not. Would be good to get some views of sector cops where they have seen it fail yet in other sectors succeed as well as a pirates (insectors) view.

I've pretty much only been in no hit sectors, so I have nothing else to compare to. Can't really say if they're successful or not, because again, I have nothing else to compare to. 

Though, I have seen in sectors where people try to police, a common argument in comms is "you don't help the sector as much as you should". God those conversations are tedious. 

Nobody cares about what stupid ships you won.
  • Roger674
    Roger674
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 247
    edited 4 Feb 2014, 6:34PM

Because it can give people a sense of community and it is fun. Initially, before alliances, it was an easy way to define  us vs. them. More so because of the way comms are set up than anything else. Now, even with alliances, it is still a popular and easy way to set boundaries. It makes rallying for the common defense and engaging in invasions easier. BP is a social game, building communities is a social act. It is just part of playing the game as intended.

It is not a matter of sector police being brutal. It is a matter of insects making themselves visible targets.

Who is policing whom? The so called sector police have no extra powers from any other player. They may have different motivations for choosing their targets, but it is no more right nor wrong than any other criteria for choosing whom to attack. If it is a matter of a bunch of high levels attacking lower levels, that is just part of the game.

Helping suppress insect hitting is just part of community building for those sectors that choose to be no-hit.

I see an Insect as an obvious target, nothing more, nothing less.

Notes

I enjoy being in a no-hit sector. I like helping defend my sector mates and help when I can with invasions of other sectors. The occasional insect alliance that jumps into sector can be fun to fight for awhile. But I don't want to be part of the anarchy of an anything goes hit sector.

You mention you don't like to be told what to do. Well, when you tell people they shouldn't act like sector police, you are now telling them what they should do.

If you don't like no hit sectors, don't travel to one. If you do, enjoy the ride.