The highly anticipated Alliances system is almost here! Alliances will give players the ability to organize themselves and evolve the Battle Pirates experience. There are a number of key components in the Alliance system and we want to give players a brief look into what these features and what they are all about.Basics
Players will have the opportunity to Create, Join and Leave Alliances from the Base or World Map screen. Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will have the ability to communicate with other members through a variety of tools:
- Alliance Messaging Center
Members of an Alliance can contribute points to their Alliance, regardless of level. As points accumulate, an Alliance will level up and gain the ability to bolster their ranks and invite more members. There are a number of ways an Alliance can earn Alliance Points; various targets such as Cargo Fleets and neutral or enemy Alliance Bases will yield points, but the targets must be of similar level or higher. Each member will have a Weekly Quota, which is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.Postures
From the Alliances Leaderboard, Alliance leaders will be able to set Postures against other Alliances. An Alliance leader can designate another Alliance as an Ally, Neutral or an Enemy.
Allying with another Alliance is the first step in becoming a major force on the high seas and Alliances can have as many Allies as they wish. Neutrality is the default Posture until an Alliance leader designates otherwise. Setting an Alliance as an enemy will flag that Alliance as a target. Alliances can designate one enemy per week and will receive a bonus for hitting enemy Alliance bases. Alliances will also be designated as hostile if they have flagged your Alliance as an enemy.Bonuses
There are various bonuses that joining an Alliance has to offer. When recruited, members will be assigned to roles based on their level when joining an Alliance and each role will have a unique bonus associated with it. Members are eligible for a promotion to another role once they exceed the level range.
- For example, players level 24-31 will be put in the Defenders role.
- Alliances roles have no cap on the number of members associated to that role, however, only 10 players can contribute to each role bonus.
- Leaders will have the option to promote members to the next role when they are eligible
Roles provide passive bonuses to all members of the Alliance.
- For example, the 'Defender' role would give increased turret fire rate and defense.
- Reaching the Weekly Quota will generate the maximum contribution to that specific role.
- Once a player is part of an Alliance, they will be able to contribute to the their Weekly Quota. The Weekly Quota is both the maximum amount of Alliance points they can contribute per week as well as the amount of points needed to generate their full bonus.
These are the key elements around the upcoming Alliance System. If there are any questions, feel free to ask them here.
- There will be a search function within the Alliance Leaderboards.
- There will be a marker that will indicate an Alliance as an enemy Alliance.
- Alliances will have tags.
- Alliance chat will be separate, but will function like Sector Chat.
- Defending allies is something that is being looked into and the team is investigating the technical requirements.
- Initial Alliance sizing is still being determined, but will be influenced by previous Alliance sizing poll.
- There will be different bonuses for different levels ranges.
- Alliances can stretch out across Sectors.
- Each Alliance will have one leader.