Alliances Overview

• GrnGrshopr
    GrnGrshopr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 19
    From what I am able to get from reading this forum is that those that choose not to join an alliance will be penalized for not doing so. You are going to give EXTRA BONUS POINTS to those that do so. To me that is BS...How are those people that DO NOT WANT join a said Game Ruining Alliance supposed to advance without the benefit of those same points. What is it with you people at the top of this game. You refuse to listen to the mass and fix the glitches you already have but want to make the game virtually impossible for independents to play. Why do you insist on ruining a game that used to be more fun to play. You say you listen to your players. Sure you do as long as they COIN.

I personally used to play this game much more, but with the new and proposed increased number of changes I am loosing interest quickly. BEFORE you impose any new changes FIX the problems you already have. Such as the Glitches that you know about but REFUSE to fix. And don't feed us this CRAP that they can not be fixed. This is one of the ONLY games in fact THE ONLY game I play that CRASHES the FLASH PLAYER. Or gives SOS...and accuses the players computers of being at fault.

And another thing...If a player is caught Cheating in any form they need to be BANNED. Not just reset or OVERLOOKED.....

• FreeRaider47
    FreeRaider47
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 14
    I really don't like what is being suggested at this point of it. Already to many alliances are stronger and higher leveled than most non alliance players. Particular alliances go to certain sectors, invade, stay for a week, hitting mostly players that, back before this level restructure, were 5 levels lower than themselves. Not an enemy alliance. Now since this wonderful restructure these same alliances hit only players that are 10 levels lower than they are. If a player comes at them that is same level or higher they refuse to engage that player and run. Now what you are proposing is making these already high level and strong alliances even stronger. Any new alliance that is starting out doesn't stand a chance. Most of the alliances I speak of have coined their way through the levels. They have every new hull from the raids. Also coined. Earned in the raid, but what was supposed to take "X amount" of days to build one, they coined an entire fleet of these in one day. If you really want to make this Alliance Overview or whatever fair for all that want to be in an Alliance or start one. Make all current existing Alliances and new start up Alliances all the same. In other words start them all at Alliance Level 1. That is the only way that this will be fair for all.
  • Wild_G
    Wild_G
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 837
    I believe there will be tags, yes.[/QUOTE

Magic is kixeye going to make us pay $10 to add tags to our names? They better not since it will be kixeye idea for tags to be added. I looked through several pages before asking this not all so if this question been asked I apologize for asking it again.
  • sukuz
    sukuz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 11
    And the Backyard monster Alliance? :]
    Any idea on when it will release?
  • Alif Izammel
    Alif Izammel
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 78
    LMAO, i know...stupid idea....but here goes.........

TRADE SHIPS>>>>:D:D:D:D:D:D
    TheWhiteDeath
    Level 65
  • 0x0
    0x0
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 50
    I can't wait for this feature. Should be a lot of fun and is long overdue.

Two things though:

1. No one should be punished or miss out on a bonus for not being in an alliance (increase turret fire and defence)

2. You should not be able to put your fleet on someone elses base to gaurd. Would hate to have to defeat an almost endless amount of fleets to get into a base.
    An alliance could just keep sending out fleets to put on a base and you wouldn't be able to defeat them all and then hit the base itself.

-OxO
  • HanQuinJao2
    HanQuinJao2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 548
    Why don't we all team up against the Draconians? Are we not one blood, one army, one people! We do not need this petty in-fighting whilst the Draconian forces align themselves and grow in strength each day. One Alliance, the Forsaken Alliance!! Clearly we need to cast off the Kixeye governance that has been infiltrated by the Draconians, because we will never be able to attain freedom under this system. The real enemy is the Draconians, and Kixeye is under Draconian control to keep us fighting one another!
    Battle Pirates 947189
    Windows XP SP3
    Flash 10.3
    Mozilla 7.0.1
  • Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,448
    Why don't we all team up against the Draconians? Are we not one blood, one army, one people! We do not need this petty in-fighting whilst the Draconian forces align themselves and grow in strength each day. One Alliance, the Forsaken Alliance!! Clearly we need to cast off the Kixeye governance that has been infiltrated by the Draconians, because we will never be able to attain freedom under this system. The real enemy is the Draconians, and Kixeye is under Draconian control to keep us fighting one another!

yea when can we actually fight those huge draconian bases all along the map... maybe (hopefully) this alliance feature might lead up to that where an alliance can hit one of them

• CharlatanUK
    CharlatanUK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 255
    Please make sure to make it available in a preview server first, for a good time, so players can actually test it. Tks.

• Burke
    Burke
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,005
    garion1999 wrote: »
    Why make the alliance feature so in depth from the get go? Just start with Tags the abilty to transfer resources and defend one anothers bases. Keep it simple at first and if we can get that part rolling without screwing it all up then introduce other features bit by bit.

Because that is what players would want, not what Kix would want: a new set of required points/blueprints/quotas to make people spend more to keep the game from being endlessly boring.
    I do not believe this is how the Alliances will function. Leveling up an Alliance will not be based on monetary spending.

Sorry, just don't believe that. The described "feature" goes in the same bin as the in-game advertising: the only apparent purpose is to try to squeeze a few more dimes out of players at the expense of bugfree interactive gameplay.
    I really, really have a bad feeling about this feature. It's going to drastically change game play and ruin the type of game play that many of us have come to love in this game.

sigh

Agree: this sounds like it will just penalize people who want to play by any other play style, like people who generally play independently. This further narrows variety of gameplay that originally made the game interesting.

What would be better would be allowing some sort of limited group attacks or group defense - but we have already told Kix that many months ago, and they apparently ignored it and came up with this. Yet another step that makes the game less interesting.
  • NINJA_XFC
    NINJA_XFC
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 765
    When will be ready this
  • Carl B
    Carl B
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 394
    So when I get pissed with all the rules and decide to attack the high exalted leader what happens?
  • wagsway1
    wagsway1
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 42
    then why start it now if you have to research it,,,, duh
    JERRY WAGNER
  • Riddle4this
    Riddle4this
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 7
    I think this is a great Idea. A bit surprised this hasn't been added before now.
  • Still Waters
    Still Waters
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 220
    Optimistic I know, but I am so hoping this is what the current update is for
    Non-coining player who coins a little bit
  • Kingmon
    Kingmon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 140
    me to mate
    Level: 48
    Currently in sector: 332
    Hulls won: Toilet, Missle Cruiser, Missle Cruiser X, BattleCruiser,Strike Cruiser Light Cruiser, Corvette,Triton,Super fortress 

• BannedCantPlayNoMore
    BannedCantPlayNoMore
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 19
    How long will the update take ??
  • Miss Harker
    Miss Harker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 159
    This whole idea sounds a bit silly. As always, Kixeye have to take a simple idea/feature and just over complicated it to the point where it won't work properly for the first 6 months after being introduced.

The whole points system and limits on numbers of members make the feature limited in itself. You're effectively taking an idea of Alliances that we all use between ourselves without limitations via Facebook groups, online voice chat software along with many other means, and are trying to get some sort of Kixeye control over it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if thousands of Alliances don't even bother using this option and just stick to their current methods of communication...Off the grid/Kixeye system x
    "Don't talk to me in a morning unless it's about more sleep, sex or bacon!"
    Level 54 - Won: Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Juggernaut, Super Fortress, Strike Cruiser, Goliath, Interdictor, Dreadnaught X, Hammerhead B, Sea Scorpion, Spectre, Corvette, Destroyer, Missile Cruiser, Cudas - Been in: 26, 105, 155, 169, 174, 203, 211, 230, 244, 394, 453, 400, 444

• BlackReaper95
    BlackReaper95
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 165
    Accidently posted twice times, I'm having trouble with kixeye's website. Its running slow for me.
  • BlackReaper95
    BlackReaper95
    Minor Nuisance
    justin81 wrote: »
    you could then join a alliance get BPs and bail. Not good

Did you read all stuff on my suggestion? I said that you have to give a bp to a guy whom you want a bp from, it has to be on same tier level so you cant just take a bp and bail. Thats why i suggested a trade idea, not a market idea where you can just steal stuff. Also why would you let a man join your ally if he might try to steal bps from you and bail.
  • RedStorm_Rising
    RedStorm_Rising
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3
    Just fix the damned game first before you change anything
  • BlackReaper95
    BlackReaper95
    Minor Nuisance
    or just go and hit some salvages.

That's most intellect comment you have ever made? I know that there is some people who has been hunting for bps for more than 1 year just to get what they want. So I'm just trying to give them a break by doing a trade to get what they want sooner. Why does you have to be negative? I'm trying to make this alliance feature seem a worthy idea, but if you hate this suggestion idea because you already have everything then alliance feature will have to go in the toilet because there is no point in alliance thing.
  • Miss Harker
    Miss Harker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 159
    Just fix the damned game first before you change anything

It may be Christmas soon but I think that is expecting too much :p Lol x
    "Don't talk to me in a morning unless it's about more sleep, sex or bacon!"
    Level 54 - Won: Battle Barge A, Leviathan A, Juggernaut, Super Fortress, Strike Cruiser, Goliath, Interdictor, Dreadnaught X, Hammerhead B, Sea Scorpion, Spectre, Corvette, Destroyer, Missile Cruiser, Cudas - Been in: 26, 105, 155, 169, 174, 203, 211, 230, 244, 394, 453, 400, 444

• Skylla
    Skylla
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1
    People love this game because it is a fun Escape.. now the list of requirements and tasks grows... We don't get paid for this..... You Do..... We have Real Life responsibilities..... are we and our "alliance" members to be punished on here if we do not meet our "quota's" each said week?? Where am I?? CafeWorld?
  • BadBoys4Life2225
    BadBoys4Life2225
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    Will the alliance tags be automatically added to your name when you join one, and removed when you leave?
  • CaptTolem
    CaptTolem
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 48
    well i thought it would be a choice and each person to play alliance wars would have to sign up originally, has that concept changed ? that way some not in alliance can still enjoy the game as individuals.
    sec.359 born,Nfs for life<3 "where's the Peanutbutter Rum? *HiC .. After all its tuesday :D <--every days a tuesday. beware the jester for he like to make new puppets all the time!:rolleyes:
  • Red_Ghost
    Red_Ghost
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 36
    What if I have no alliance? Do I get bonuses for killing other bases? Or will being in an alliance bet necessary for game play "Join our alliance or be farmed?" Just wondering for all the low level people.
  • WILL_H
    WILL_H
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 403
    I remember when the feature first started being talked about, there was talk of being able to defend ally bases with your own fleet. Is that still a possibility?

This HAS to be a feature! It was THE best part of the whole thing! It will afford us the opportunity to defend our other members' bases when they're not playing, and will get rid of a lot of the waiting until somebody is offline to hit bases. People will come right out and say, "I'll just wait til you're offline." Or, for instance, I've called people out on it, and said something like, "You couldn't have hit me half an hour before when I was here? You waited til I wasn't?" And they reply something like, "I knew I could get in if you weren't here." I understand that it's part of the game, and I hit bases too, but I don't intentionally wait until somebody is offline to hit them because there is no challenge. But, just to load more garbage in that really has no point, and is redundant doesn't make sense. As far as I know, every alliance, for the most part, has its own "Groups" page on facebook, and they all use that for group chat, and for communication, and designating who their targets are, and use the "Docs" feature to signify friendly alliances, or "no hit lists," or what have you. So, if the alliance feature will not offer us something that we don't already do on our group page, just to bog it down with more of nothing, is pointless. I've been particularly interested in posts regarding this feature ONLY for the feature of being able to defend my alliance members bases when they're not here, ESPECIALLY since we STILL don't have our attack button anymore, and avoiding jumps is a given for most players nowadays. So, since we can't get them after they hit a base, give us a chance to do it before they hit it. Oh, and, not only will it make your players happy, but, hey....I'll speak your language....it will give you MORE MONEY! It will bring back more fvf, as everybody has been asking for (which is obviously irrelevant), and it will increase the amount of people coining repairs on their fleets. If I can't catch somebody coming out of a base, it costs nothing, but if I have to fight them first, and want to do the same thing within the next 10.5 hours, I need to coin those repairs in order to do so. I have read a lot of the whining about this feature, but the only legitimate point that I've seen is that people can use 1 gb and run all around all day long, and keep the attacker in an inevitable series of battles chasing gb's. Limit it to 2 - 3 at a time, maybe. I don't see why more than 3 people need to defend one base, but that would be one way to resolve that problem. But, if for no other reason (which I'm banking on) do it for the MONEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!
  • CaptTolem
    CaptTolem
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 48
    Yep i agree and have since they working on this plan either way alot more win on both sides Player and Kixeye ;)
    sec.359 born,Nfs for life<3 "where's the Peanutbutter Rum? *HiC .. After all its tuesday :D <--every days a tuesday. beware the jester for he like to make new puppets all the time!:rolleyes:
  • Tiny Teets
    Tiny Teets
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 623
    DeadSinner wrote: »
    Please make sure to make it available in a preview server first, for a good time, so players can actually test it. Tks.

+10000000000000
    ROBNTHROB wrote: »
    First off I was talking about what I said..
This discussion has been closed.