Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 105
    Seems Legit

My Base.jpg
  • florin
    florin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 128
    Hermit wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be easier to turn the allowed build space into a square aligned to the grid instead of using a diamond?
    your definitly right people dont understand that this feature wont help
  • LEAD_WEIGHT
    LEAD_WEIGHT
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 621
    Would like this with a twist.. I think I see 246 tile placements... Why add OP 6/7/8/9/10 and at OP 7 have group attacks and two fleets inside at op 8

OutPost_5 = 294 tile placement spaces : Save more base Designs
    OutPost_6 = 390 tile placement spaces : New Warehouse for Drac ships Only
    OutPost_7 = 438 tile placement spaces : Group Base Hit
    OutPost_8 = 486 tile placement spaces : Two Base Fleets
    OutPost_9 = 534 tile placement spaces : Drac Only Repair Dock (15% faster repair time)
    OutPost_10 = 582 tile placement spaces : More Land Tiles & Water Turants
  • florin
    florin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 128
    jose rego wrote: »
    would like this with a twist.. I think i see 246 tile placements... Why add op 6/7/8/9/10 and at op 7 have group attacks and two fleets inside at op 8

outpost_5 = 294 tile placement spaces : Save more base designs
    outpost_6 = 390 tile placement spaces : New warehouse for drac ships only
    outpost_7 = 438 tile placement spaces : Group base hit
    outpost_8 = 486 tile placement spaces : Two base fleets
    outpost_9 = 534 tile placement spaces : Drac only repair dock (15% faster repair time)
    outpost_10 = 582 tile placement spaces : More land tiles & water turants
    lol this is a major change do you want to end the game whit the lag
  • Tee OneThousad
    Tee OneThousad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 69
    jose rego wrote: »
    would like this with a twist.. I think i see 246 tile placements... Why add op 6/7/8/9/10 and at op 7 have group attacks and two fleets inside at op 8

outpost_5 = 294 tile placement spaces : Save more base designs
    outpost_6 = 390 tile placement spaces : New warehouse for drac ships only
    outpost_7 = 438 tile placement spaces : Group base hit
    outpost_8 = 486 tile placement spaces : Two base fleets
    outpost_9 = 534 tile placement spaces : Drac only repair dock (15% faster repair time)
    outpost_10 = 582 tile placement spaces : More land tiles & water turants

turrets!!!!!!!!
  • lladar
    lladar
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2
    not really sure if i would like this or not.

Here is what i came up with after 10mins. seems like it would be alot harder to get to the wh's to me so i would like it for my own defense. However not having a dread x fleet myself and having to rely on HH's to hit bases with I dont think they would make it into a base like this.
    new base design.jpg
  • Nickolas Griffith
    Nickolas Griffith
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3,405
    everything should be valid
  • Gizzman
    Gizzman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 64
    Rotate the white box 45 degrees. Simple and easy.
  • Exxos
    Exxos
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 127
    OH MY GOD, YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I only have two points in my base where I would like to connect diagonally like this, but it would open up four land tiles and make things so much better.
  • pheonosis
    pheonosis
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,152
    yes please this would open a whole new world (or old world) on base planning

• Jason WTF
    Jason WTF
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 106
    NO,NO,NO!
    I want base hitting to be easier not harder. If I have a tough base then so will every other weekend pirate, not too sure this will add to the game.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    Jason WTF wrote: »
    NO,NO,NO!
    I want base hitting to be easier not harder. If I have a tough base then so will every other weekend pirate, not too sure this will add to the game.

just another person saying i want this game to be easy so i have no challenge lark go away n quit n play farmville if u want a easy game to play sheesh hate these whining babys
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Jason WTF
    Jason WTF
    Minor Nuisance
    just another person saying i want this game to be easy so i have no challenge lark go away n quit n play farmville if u want a easy game to play sheesh hate these whining babys

I'm guessing you're one of the babies that cries on comms when your base is flattened. What I want is the ability to hit the salv warriors and ship polishers, this update will make it that much harder.
  • LEAD_WEIGHT
    LEAD_WEIGHT
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 621
    Seems Legit

My Base.jpg

Try moving two tiles to edge and add arbitor behind those turrents and another behind other turrents.
    My%20Base.jpg
  • braves3169
    braves3169
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 218
    My only issue with this is spectres. anyone with a half way decent design is going to exploit this to make channels much longer and essentially making the spectres worthless. Even with battery3 and eng 3 there are a lot of base designs that basically keep them out because of the turns and distance. You add this change and they'll be worthless on any decent base. Why did i spend a whole weekend and however much money to get spectres just to see them become worthless 2 months later?
  • Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 847
    Greetings Captains,

We wanted to get some feedback on adjustment for the Base Planner. Currently, players are unable to place land tiles diagonally from another land tile, regardless if it creates a narrow channel or not. The proposed change would allow players to place land tiles in a diagonal chain as long as it does not create a narrow channel (the Invalid base would be possible under the proposed change). Let us know what you think.

Valid:
    Valid BP.jpg

Invalid:
    Invalid BP 2.jpg
    If this is to come, will you add time to the battle. 5 min is cutting it close now depending on what ships you are useing.
  • NM-Executioner
    NM-Executioner
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,877
    Jason WTF wrote: »
    I'm guessing you're one of the babies that cries on comms when your base is flattened. What I want is the ability to hit the salv warriors and ship polishers, this update will make it that much harder.

what r u chating u weirdo 1 i never cry on comms or ever will always a repair button and GOOD THIS UPDATE WILL MAKE IT HARDER r u a complete moron or something i love it u think u no me when u dont no me at all haha crying cuz my base gets wacked get a clue dude n come bk to me
    reduced repair and builds times wont happen kixeye said 6 months ago they looking into it umm whats too look into there kixeye i dont see what your looking at?
  • Magic Bunny
    Magic Bunny
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 17,465
    is there a need for this??

has been requested?? ( it was nearly made illegal a few upgrades ago)

and will the few extra land be benefical ? (except I have just recycled my fifth wh as no longer needed)will a few extra land keep out the juggernaut?? DNX??
    Level ... not enough fingers to count that high

First played July 2011, in sector 96

• bobber
    bobber
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 50
    Gizzman wrote: »
    Rotate the white box 45 degrees. Simple and easy.

Agreed 1000%. Much better.
  • MagicSarap
    MagicSarap
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 5,522
    Jeffs wrote: »
    If this is to come, will you add time to the battle. 5 min is cutting it close now depending on what ships you are useing.

Good point. I'll have to discuss this with the team.
  • Dregs
    Dregs
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 36
    I like this idea
  • conrad
    conrad
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 58
    this would be awesome, hope kixeye does this
    conrad -originally from sect 150, the **** hole sector won't ever go back there
  • drizzit
    drizzit
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 478
    this is a great development ...i see so many of the same bases over and over . some flux in design is needed so that creativity and function can open up new defensive counter measures.
  • Jason WTF
    Jason WTF
    Minor Nuisance
    what r u chating u weirdo 1 i never cry on comms or ever will always a repair button and GOOD THIS UPDATE WILL MAKE IT HARDER r u a complete moron or something i love it u think u no me when u dont no me at all haha crying cuz my base gets wacked get a clue dude n come bk to me

Nice response, hook line and sinker.
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    braves3169 wrote: »
    My only issue with this is spectres. anyone with a half way decent design is going to exploit this to make channels much longer and essentially making the spectres worthless. Even with battery3 and eng 3 there are a lot of base designs that basically keep them out because of the turns and distance. You add this change and they'll be worthless on any decent base. Why did i spend a whole weekend and however much money to get spectres just to see them become worthless 2 months later?

lol good, they are a noobs way in
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50**** me now?
  • Candy Carty
    Candy Carty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 9
    yessssssss whoot
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    for every good aspect there will be a bad aspect, kixeye may or may not increase the battle time out, or at the very least will do something which they believewill balance out the game(even though this would actually balance out base attacks and therefore adding anything else would unbalance it once again). just think that if they don't do this 'bad aspect' then they will lose their coiners. :p
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • Countryrazorback
    Countryrazorback
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 188
    Originally Posted by Jeffs
    Good point. I'll have to discuss this with the team.

Yea, that's just great. Add something to maybe give back a little bit of a chance to finally defend somewhat against these overpowered ships kixeye has been coming out with, then totally wipe that advantage out by adding more time to attacks!!
    We do not need more time to attack. Any good base hitter knows how to prep a base, then go in with their main attack fleet and if they have dreads or the new jugs then that base is most likely toast.
    Giving us the ability to use diagonal tiles and free up a little more land will even the playing field slightly, probably not enough but it's a start. But if you then add more time to the attacker you have totally taken away what little bit of compensation you gave with the change.
  • Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Get_U_Sum_HOW
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 847
    Yea, that's just great. Add something to maybe give back a little bit of a chance to finally defend somewhat against these overpowered ships kixeye has been coming out with, then totally wipe that advantage out by adding more time to attacks!!
    We do not need more time to attack. Any good base hitter knows how to prep a base, then go in with their main attack fleet and if they have dreads or the new jugs then that base is most likely toast.
    Giving us the ability to use diagonal tiles and free up a little more land will even the playing field slightly, probably not enough but it's a start. But if you then add more time to the attacker you have totally taken away what little bit of compensation you gave with the change.[/QUOTE]

If you are useing HHs or FFs even with preping a base leaves very little room for error if you want to take out a base in the time aloted. If the changes goes into effect than channels will get longer and FFs might just not be able to take a base in 5 min.
  • Countryrazorback
    Countryrazorback
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 188
    Dread X and Juggernaut are already over powered as it is. Used to be the only defense you had against these overpowered fleets was the time limit so hopefully they ran out of time before they could get to your warehouses in a well designed base.
    Things are already to the point that you cannot defend against most of these fleets, and you want to give them even more time??
This discussion has been closed.