The Big Dynamic Turrets Guide

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    retaliate wrote: »
    Very good/usefull guide. Could u answer 1 question plz. Can a level 4 or 5 flak tower hit a level 8 warhawk when placed behind a mortar?

No, they can not.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Alan Myhill
    Alan Myhill
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 134
    Very nice usefull guide, wish i had read it before i upgraded my last 2 tower, back to the drawing board
  • Teratorn PH
    Teratorn PH
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 386
    Good guide. I never use Hellfires and Flak Towers. They totally suck. Machine guns, Mortar and Laser Tower is i use since Mortars can destroy Hellfires (Had no idea if also elite) and other vehicles, Machine Guns destroy Aircraft, Infantry and Hellfire rocket Projectiles and Laser destroy most/all ground units (Probably).
    commit myurder you peck neck
  • Jasonth
    Jasonth
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 6
    Awesome guide Lars thanks... In your opinion what is the most effective attack to a group (ex. at a giant depot) of turrets and morters all packed together?
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
    Query: Would a flak turret behind a mortar tower be able to hit warhawks incoming? I'm thinking of putting all 16 of my turrets into 5 clusters around my base, with a laser turret, a flak, and a rocket barrage (with an extra turret to put somewhere). Since I currently don't have the rocket barrage, I was thinking of putting a mortar in front, next to the laser, to kill any hellfires trying to prep my laser turret (since I won't have any machine guns), but I want to make sure that the flak will protect the mortar (and the laser) from warhawks if it is behind them.
  • BiZnO
    BiZnO
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 581
    would a hellfire actually be worth something now that it can be paired with a shock tower?

I know 1 good reason not to use the HF top is the fact that lvl9 HF tanks now outrange it..
  • Morph7829
    Morph7829
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,633
    If you are going to repel a ground assault use a combination of plasmas, lasers, rocket barrages and mortars. Any combination of two will do. Since they are vulnerable though to air assault from EWHs, make sure you have them defended by a mixture of flaks and gats. My preference is more gats than flaks as gat shoot at anything in the air. I've been reading that flaks don't touch raptors or tbolts. So mostly gats around those turrets.

I don't think anyone is going to use the hellfire turret.
    Don't keep sending cheating threads, helps the cheater stay in the game http://support.kixeye.com/mail/

Event Rewards to get: the FAV, FAV schematic, elite gladiator, elite suicide truck, gat schematic, spectre, viper and warhead.
  • jay1564
    jay1564
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 385
    Would you say that the gun turrets are basically obsolete now?

Compare:

2 gun turrets vs 1 flak + 1 laser (since gun and laser are basically anti-infantry and gun and flak would be anti-air...none are going to stop a serious tank assault).
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Would you say that the gun turrets are basically obsolete now?

Compare:

2 gun turrets vs 1 flak + 1 laser (since gun and laser are basically anti-infantry and gun and flak would be anti-air...none are going to stop a serious tank assault).

Machine guns are totally not obsolete, they're the only turret that can hit hellfire missiles. And hellfires are the current biggest threat to a base....
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    LarsB wrote: »
    Machine guns are totally not obsolete, they're the only turret that can hit hellfire missiles. And hellfires are the current biggest threat to a base....

But if you have a rocket barrage they can't do much, right?
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    00zau wrote: »
    But if you have a rocket barrage they can't do much, right?

It depends.... RBTs do very low damage

• 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    It depends.... RBTs do very low damage

But hellfires have pathetic HP, right? If they die in a volley or two you could probably run rocket barrage + flak + one other (laser or plasma), with the flak clearing the skies, the rocket stopping artillery and the laser killing all other comers.
  • jay1564
    jay1564
    Skilled Warrior

Didn't know they hit hellfires. Question though, both maxed...how many egats completely stop a full plat of hellfires from doing any damage? I notice most of you higher ups load your base with egats, and if that ratio is obtainable (allowing extra egats as backups) it would seem that the machine gun would not be needed.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Didn't know they hit hellfires. Question though, both maxed...how many egats completely stop a full plat of hellfires from doing any damage? I notice most of you higher ups load your base with egats, and if that ratio is obtainable (allowing extra egats as backups) it would seem that the machine gun would not be needed.

Gats can not stop the missiles of 7 hellfires on their. Unless you stack them, but that also has consequences on the area protected.

• Morph7829
    Morph7829

Okay, that would mean you have a base that has turrets to outrange the hellfire?
    Don't keep sending cheating threads, helps the cheater stay in the game http://support.kixeye.com/mail/

Event Rewards to get: the FAV, FAV schematic, elite gladiator, elite suicide truck, gat schematic, spectre, viper and warhead.
  • leonas
    leonas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 833
    Morph7829 wrote: »
    Okay, that would mean you have a base that has turrets to outrange the hellfire?

mortars and plasma turrets but mortars can be baited and plasmas can be meatshielded
    so the gun turrets still prevent a few EHF rockets
    Level: 37
    Group:  Total Anarchy
    Event rewards: All 
  • Master3203
    Master3203
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,548
    I am thinking of:
    4MG
    4 RBT
    4 plasma
    4Laser

in my base with 8 flak tanks and fill the rest up with egats.

also a question: Caan a lv5 RBT outrange a Lv9 HF when placed behind atower? As you only mention the lv8 HF can be.
    In the absence of light, darkness prevails - Hellboy

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • perksofbeinghunted
    perksofbeinghunted
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 157
    That research was well spent!
    Level 30::: Sector 282
    Advanced Mission Unlocks: Colossus 
    Event Unlocks: Elite Gatling Trucks+Schematic, Elite Warhawk+Schematic, Elite Laser Tank+Schematic(Gold Core Battery), Honey Badgers, Attack Dogs,Elite Hellfire+Schematic, Flak Tank, Shock Trooper, Elite Shock Tank, Hellstorm+Schematic, Merc Camp, Marauder, Elite Mega Tank.
    Try, and lose. Try harder, lose and feel bad about it.
  • jay1564
    jay1564
    Skilled Warrior
    Surprised the Hellfire is so hard to research considering that it doesn't seem to be that good a turret (especially since it's so easy to dodge). Considering even this guide seems to place the Mortar ahead of it and the crazy time to research it (level 8 D Lab to start and 5 days for level 2), I can't see why anyone would really do it until they were done with basically everything else, and then just to do it for the hell (no pun intended) of it.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Master3203 wrote: »
    I am thinking of:
    4MG
    4 RBT
    4 plasma
    4Laser

also a question: Caan a lv5 RBT outrange a Lv9 HF when placed behind atower? As you only mention the lv8 HF can be.

Yes. This thread was made before lvl 9 units. I'll try to update it today with the lvl 9 units and the Shock turret.

• Master3203
    Master3203
    Yes. This thread was made before lvl 9 units. I'll try to update it today with the lvl 9 units and the Shock turret.

cool lol that's handy to no. Place a laser turret in front of a rocket barrage tower and hey presto, anti-mega tank and hellfire in one lol

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • retaliate
    retaliate
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 56
    LarsB, if u was to place ur turrets in groups of 4, in a square, one group at each corner of ur command center, what combination of turrets would u use? (assuming u had elite gats and flak tanks for extra air support and shooting down hellfire missiles.)
    User id, 5216517. Level 32. Sector 179. Clans: 179Recon + Peace keepers alliance.
  • Morph7829
    Morph7829
    I am thinking of:
    4MG
    4 RBT
    4 plasma
    4Laser

How would you position the turrets? I'm assuming you put the ones with smaller range in front?

• Master3203
    Master3203
    LarsB, if u was to place ur turrets in groups of 4, in a square, one group at each corner of ur command center, what combination of turrets would u use? (assuming u had elite gats and flak tanks for extra air support and shooting down hellfire missiles.)

Well on each corner i would have RBT and 1 plasma against the CC and then one MG and 1 laser turret on the outside. And possibly interchange the MG for another laser depending on what types of enemies i am facing.
    How would you position the turrets? I'm assuming you put the ones with smaller range in front?

I made a picture of how i would lay it out but i think i would maybe do some redesign on it first.

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord

It's not smart to place them in groups of 4. First of all, it would mean you only have 4 groups of towers, a bit little. Secondly, it would mean the AoE of the hellfires can quickly take out a lot of towers at once. Thirdly, a group of 4 will always have a weak side that's easy to attack.

• Zero_DNO
    Zero_DNO
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 769
    Lars,
    I don't see any use of the flak gun...
    Gats and/or Flak Tanks can give you good anti-air and regarding the kondor the correct base setup will do.
    Right?
    -Zero- | WC  |  Clan:Dark Nebula Organisation|Sector:153. | Formerly known as MetalicForces

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Lars,
    I don't see any use of the flak gun...
    Gats and/or Flak Tanks can give you good anti-air and regarding the kondor the correct base setup will do.
    Right?

It's just what you prefer. Flak tanks indeed do they job better than flak guns at this moment

• Morph7829
    Morph7829
    In the end it all comes down to individual preference. Some testing for my base has seen three areas of the base defended well against hellfire attack. Whether it holds up against megas and behemoths as well is another matter.

• Master3203
    Master3203
    In the end it all comes down to individual preference. Some testing for my base has seen three areas of the base defended well against hellfire attack. Whether it holds up against megas and behemoths as well is another matter.

probably noot as mine is the same in that it is anti-hellfire tank anti-hellfire missiles and anti-kondor, but weak to megas

• Morph7829
    Morph7829
    probably noot as mine is the same in that it is anti-hellfire tank anti-hellfire missiles and anti-kondor, but weak to megas

Master i tested the weakest side of my base on an attack of just one platoon of Megas and they were annihilated. I think you'll find mate that your base is better than you think :)