276 Memorial for BIGMIKE

• Pamela
    Pamela
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 638
    Forget about whether or not it is true .....

although, I am in Canada and have heard nothing about this ...

Either way, memorials (or in this case vigil... why ppl have "memorials" for living people I'll never understand, just seems like bad Karma) can't be expected to be left alone in the game ... that simple

There are way to many people in this game for us to "freeze play" for every situation where someone is sick or injured....
  • Ewokie
    Ewokie
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,518
    like i said before.. about this memorial and the people who smash it....to all you whiners..

QQ
    Image may contain: text and outdoor
  • Ewokie
    Ewokie
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,518
  • lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
    NapalmD wrote: »
    Now i possibly have heard every load of garbage and lame excuses to set out ships so they get sunk..As some of you call it a memorial...Props to the smashers!!
    i even heard they made a memorial for neil armstrong lol
    ..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
    my goldfish isnt well, he told me using bubble morse. anyone want to start a memorial for him as he has been part of my family for a week
    ..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    There is a time and place for everything. But I do not believe that a war game is the place for memorials. People will always play the game in what ever way they can. A memorial is not an immovable object so why put it in front of an unstoppable force?

No, don't make a memorial where there is an attack button over it (as that's just asking for someone to press the button). Make it as a facebook page where it'll last longer and can't be attacked, or better still in real life where it matters most! Yes I know most others playing won't be able to do that due to being all over the world, but they can still join a FB page or group for a memorial. Either one is a better choice than a war game.

But what ever you do, just don't make it in a game and use it a moral black mail to stop people from attacking you. People have created fake memorials for just that reason, for which I no longer trust them unless I actually know the person or what happened.

If you are going to do something in a game, do it in the style of the game. Such as a battle royal around the person's base to commemorate the part of their life spent playing the game (by actually playing the game instead of preventing game play). Go out in style!

I'm sorry for the loss but somethings like a war game and a peaceful memorial don't mix.

Closing before this thread gets any worse.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
This discussion has been closed.