Damage Protection Rule Changes

  • Brian G Jones
    Brian G Jones
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 3
    I have to agree with an earlier post about when you hit other fleets you loose your bubble. They hit the nail on the head, if you loose your bubble for hitting fleets people are just gonna stand by and watch instead of helping. Sounds like a way to break up alliances to me. If you help others then they don't help back because of loosing thier bubble, it could cause alot of fight within the alliances. I can see loosing it for hitting bases, so they can hit back, but not for hitting fleets/ This is alot of trouble waiting to happen.

    I have to agree with the 1 hr bubble for your dock getting hit. When it takes 4 hrs to repair it, you could keep people from ever being able to launch thier fleets. If you have a big enough alliance where someone is always on every hour they could just have someone hit the dock again, therefore preventing them from playing the game at all.
  • Diesel_M
    Diesel_M
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 207
    the first part is ok the buddy bubbling should go and most ppl would agree but to lose your bubble if you attack a fleet is totally wrong du4 turrets take over 6 hrs to fix so if you log on to dead turrets it will mean no play at all for at least 6 hrs as this been thought through as I'm sure not one of your battle pirates players would think this is a good idea.
    (\__/)            
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your 
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Jason Michell
    Jason Michell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    NOTE: Make sure you've read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply. Any posts that do not comply with the forum rules, will be promptly removed.

    Greeting Captains, we’ve received substantial feedback from the Community that the current Damage Protection rules foster an environment that encourages “Buddy Bubbling.” We gone back to the drawing table and developed a new Damage Protection System that we hope balances the game for everyone. Read the details below and we look forward to reading your thoughts.

    Why change the Damage Protection rules?
    With the current set of rules, players are able to indefinitely hide behind the damage protection bubble by using the “Buddy Bubble” exploit. Obviously, this is not the desired game experience, and a tweak to the rules can prevent it.

    Proposed New Damage Protection Rules
    Under the new system, there will be four different instances (two different situations) in which a player’s base would receive Damage Protection:
    • When a base has suffered 25% - 49% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 12 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 50% - 74% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 24 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 75% - 100% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 36 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has been attacked 8 times in four hours (but suffered less than 25% damage), the base will receive 1 hour of Damage Protection.
    For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3). Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection).

    Q: I need to buddy bubble so I can build/upgrade my buildings; how will I make any progress?
    A: There’s no challenge in a game where players are immune to penalties. Suffering delays to build times is part of the game; however, there are things that you can do such as relocating to a sector that does not have as much base hitting, or join an alliance where other players will take you under their wing.

    Q: Will you be changing how long it takes for certain buildings to repair like the Dock or the Launchpad?
    A: Currently there are no plans to change the repair times for any buildings; however, after the new Damage Protection System goes live, we will closely monitor the situation and see if any changes need to be made.

    Q: My Dock is going to get pummeled all the time; how will I be able to launch my fleets?
    A: If players are plotting against you, recruit some allies or join an existing group. Players will be much less likely to continuously attack your dock if they know that your allies will retaliate against them. There’s strength in numbers.

    This does no good. I will explain why! First, a level 5 launch pad with fortification takes approximately 24 hours to repair. Second a dock for a person higher than a level 20 player takes more than and hour to repair. Third joining alliances does nothing to stop anything you described all you did was bend to the cry baby coiners that got bullied as kids and wanna bully people. Forth taking away someones bubble for helping defend another player does nothing but remove teamwork. I say bring back the attack button since you destroyed the DP mechanic with this change. I will have more soon!
  • Jason Michell
    Jason Michell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    FKIT wrote: »
    First off, YES! Make this change ASAP!

    Second, I agree with ****'s statement below, BUT something is better than nothing. Make the change you presented.

    Not everyone pays for Kixeye salary like **** who only attacks AFK bases!
  • Jason Michell
    Jason Michell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    The M wrote: »
    Put out an outside guard fleet. When in your base you'll get a pop up one of your fleets has entered a battle so you know if someone is trying to attack you and you can send out other fleets to stop them (if needed).

    This does nothing!
  • Jason Michell
    Jason Michell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    We already answered the concern in the Q&A: join an alliance. There is safety in numbers. The official Alliance feature is currently in development and there will certainly be a desire for all level of players in an Alliance.

    As said before an alliance does nothing to solve the problem. A player can come in and attack a person and get away without anymore damage than they suffered from a base. Once the person hit their is nothing to stop them. They can leave the battle early and go to map view, the can open another window from the same browser and the list goes on. The only acceptable solution if the is implimented is bringing back the ninja button aka the attack button.
  • Jason Michell
    Jason Michell
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    You're missing the point: that is an EXPLOIT and never should have been a viable "tactic" in the first place. Damage Protection was not created with the idea that it would be abused like this.

    Your right it was designed to protect people from people terrorizing people and not allowing that person to grow. Now you wanna take it away and allow the "bullies of the game" to take control of the game.
  • Fractal
    Fractal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2,417

    • When a base has suffered 25% - 49% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 12 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 50% - 74% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 24 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 75% - 100% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 36 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has been attacked 8 times in four hours (but suffered less than 25% damage), the base will receive 1 hour of Damage Protection.

    I think this should be simplified a bit.

    25% to 49% = 18 hours protection
    50% to 100% = 36 hours protection

    Destruction or damage of NO major buildings(labs, guns, dock, etc) = NO protection, regardless of how many times the base was attacked.
    Dock should automatically begin repairing itself after the attack is finished rather than waiting for the player to initiate it. There should be a way to protect our docks from rocket sniping, perhaps there is already with fortifications.
    Playing since Feb 2012.  Originally sector 304
  • Michael Appeltans
    Michael Appeltans
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 71
    i don't like it
  • David Ferrin
    David Ferrin
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 24
    For all of you who think this is a good idea. Enjoy coinging your Goliaths. A fast fleet comes in kills your Goliaths even if he does damage it will only be 12 hrs. So your bubble will drop before your guard fleet is repaired. Also, when I had a bubble and didnt want to drop it (because my guard fleet was reapairing) at least I could help by conducting FVF, now I cant. Way to go Kixeye, once again you are going to screw the game up, fighting is going to drop big time. Noone will be able to FVF.
    Davethepirate - LVL 63
    A66 - The Alliance
    Senior Council Member
    Sector 66; Born, Raised, and WILL Always Defend to my last ship.
  • RavenRulz
    RavenRulz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 325
    Really this is meant to be battle Pirates and slowly all hints of battle ate being removed but good luck base hitters there will soon be no bases to hit if this systems is put into place. I don't care that people whine about buddy bubbles sometimes it's the only way to keep people in the game and remember kixeye that's what you need or game will be dead.
  • Rahls
    Rahls
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 15
    "For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3). Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection)."

    This, by far is the single worst idea to put into this game. Why you ask? Because if someone comes and levels my base, then while I am repairing, I am out collecting salvage or just BP hunting. Someone else decides that the cargo ship that I am on, does not need to be mine anymore, attack, maybe even lose their fleet whatever. But I loose my bubble because I engaged in Fleet Vs Fleet combat. Not on purpose, but whatever, does not matter. Now my ruined flat base is open to attack again..... Sound like a problem to anyone else?

    how it should read: "If engaged, or engaging in Fleet VS Fleet combat, the number of attacks against you will be reset to zero. any temp 1 hour bubble will be removed, but if your base sustains 30% or more damage you bubble will not be removed unless you engage in Player VS Player fleet on base combat. Or until the duration of the bubble is expired."

    Bottom line, you should not have to lose your damage protection bubble for trying to take out fleets. Period. Your going to turn 'Battle Pirates' into 'Sometimes we squabble pirates, but only if I do not have a bubble.'
  • Jon Bauer
    Jon Bauer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 218
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    People, will you quit whining about the "Lose my bubble if I attack a fleet part". Use your brains and think.

    A base costs nothing to repair. Keep your res low and make sure to stash your fleets elsewheres and the only thing you will need it for is to start the repair on a fleet. These proposed updates do not keep you from playing, not in the least. Step outside your little comfort bubble a little. You smash my base.. oooooh.. hurt me ROTFLMAO.

    I can get the res that you got from me back in 30 minutes by hitting Salvs. My fleets are not docked so taking out my dock is meaningless. Once you are thru either base hitting or FvFing THEN go hit repair. Go out, have fun at something away from the game then come back. Rinse and repeat.

    Really not seeing what the big deal is and why people are whining like girls.


    Really id love to know how you play the game, im guessing AFK miner.
    Fleets in fleets out you are the type of player who will be most crushed by this system. Whilst your out your base will be hit, bubbles will pop soon after you return and you will be hit again. You wont be able to do anything other than salvage.

    Although by the sound of it salvage pirates is what you enjoy.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Jon Bauer wrote: »
    Really id love to know how you play the game, im guessing AFK miner.
    Fleets in fleets out you are the type of player who will be most crushed by this system. Whilst your out your base will be hit, bubbles will pop soon after you return and you will be hit again. You wont be able to do anything other than salvage.

    Although by the sound of it salvage pirates is what you enjoy.

    Did you not read at all Jon?

    Fine. I'll restate exactly how I play.

    I'm primarily a base hitter. I don't hit bases for the resources, I hit for the fun of crushing the base. I also FvF a fair amount as well. I don't mine, as I gave that up shortly after the salvages started spawning more frequently.

    I have everything researched to max except 1-2 things in the advanced lab and most of what is in the Tac lab (It will get there when it gets there). I keep one ship building or refitting at all times, currently working on my 5th Batteship.

    My normal routine is, when I log on I check for who's attacked (or not). Click Repair as necessary. Check for any builds/researches that have finished and initiate something new. I check on my fleets and start repairing any that may be damaged. Sending out the last fleet that had by now finished repairing. If I'm low on res for the build or for the repair then I grab some real quick from a nearby salvage.

    If I don't have to grab res then I place the fleet under one of the 10 Drac Bases I have bookmarked to wait. Then I log off, go to work, rinse and repeat the above 13 hours later when I return from work and select targets from my bookmarks and begin attacking.

    And no Jon I won't be phased by this system at all. You seem to think that this change is going to be earth shattering. My base usually only holds enough res to do a repair and rarely only more than that if I'm swapping research or ship builds. On average an attacker only walks away with 1-3 mill in resources on an attack. As I said before, it's easy to go out and grab res from salvages so at most it takes an hour to get the res for a large ship build. Once that is spent I really have no further need for my base that night, until I am ready to log off. I got out, attack any that are not bubbled that are in my range and yes I attack the full five up and down. Very few bases in our immediate area carry boatloads of resources.

    Once I'm done for the night I'll bring in any damaged fleet and as necessary hit repair on my base, if it's been attacked. If they have missed my dock then I simply click the fleet to repair and logoff. If they have hit it then I wait, no big deal as I do play other games. I go eat dinner, walk the dog, watch a movie (If it's going to take more than a few hours), do laundry/dishes. Once it's repaired I simply repair the fleet, which usually brings my res down to about 1.5 mill. Log off and go play in real life.

    Tell me exactly how these new changes are going to affect my gameplay? If I used my base more, maybe. If I was worried about my base, maybe. This new system, for me and others that play like me, that:

    My fleets are out and protected by Drac bases. No need for the Doc.

    You attack and do 50 percent to my base. Congrats. You are now in the red. I go out, attack a base(s) if I like as I don't need my dock it does not impede me a bit in moving them around, since they are already out. I use my Subs, BC's, SW, SS etc to engage in FvF to either sink enemy fleets that are out or to help my friends. Uh oh.. I just lost my bubble. Lil Jonny gets mad and comes to my base and does the remaining 50% to my base. I still have not hit repair yet.

    I continue about my night. When I am just about done I go hit 3 level 33's and soak the res up and put those fleets back to waiting in the nearby Drac base. Then I go to my base, enter it and click repair. LOL 36 hour bubble and No res taken in the repair. SO I see what I have left. Docks gonna take 4 hours so I go out to grab a movie at the theatre or whatever, grab dinner and come back. Docks Done repairing. I bring in the fleets that are damaged and begin repairing the small amounts first. Separating the lowest from the highest to take advantage of the 5 min speedup. I leave the totally dead baser fleet till last as that often takes 18 hours. Click repair on that, logoff and go to bed.

    So... Jon... tell me again how I'm the type of player who will as you put it.. "be most crushed by this system" ? I really am curious to know.

    Maybe what you meant to say was.. YOU are the type of player that will be most crushed by this. This won't won't affect me badly at all. I really won't miss the extra 12 hours in a 100% bubble.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Rob_B
    Rob_B
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 522
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    Did you not read at all Jon?

    Fine. I'll restate exactly how I play.

    I'm primarily a base hitter. I don't hit bases for the resources, I hit for the fun of crushing the base. I also FvF a fair amount as well. I don't mine, as I gave that up shortly after the salvages started spawning more frequently.

    I have everything researched to max except 1-2 things in the advanced lab and most of what is in the Tac lab (It will get there when it gets there). I keep one ship building or refitting at all times, currently working on my 5th Batteship.

    My normal routine is, when I log on I check for who's attacked (or not). Click Repair as necessary. Check for any builds/researches that have finished and initiate something new. I check on my fleets and start repairing any that may be damaged. Sending out the last fleet that had by now finished repairing. If I'm low on res for the build or for the repair then I grab some real quick from a nearby salvage.

    If I don't have to grab res then I place the fleet under one of the 10 Drac Bases I have bookmarked to wait. Then I log off, go to work, rinse and repeat the above 13 hours later when I return from work and select targets from my bookmarks and begin attacking.

    And no Jon I won't be phased by this system at all. You seem to think that this change is going to be earth shattering. My base usually only holds enough res to do a repair and rarely only more than that if I'm swapping research or ship builds. On average an attacker only walks away with 1-3 mill in resources on an attack. As I said before, it's easy to go out and grab res from salvages so at most it takes an hour to get the res for a large ship build. Once that is spent I really have no further need for my base that night, until I am ready to log off. I got out, attack any that are not bubbled that are in my range and yes I attack the full five up and down. Very few bases in our immediate area carry boatloads of resources.

    Once I'm done for the night I'll bring in any damaged fleet and as necessary hit repair on my base, if it's been attacked. If they have missed my dock then I simply click the fleet to repair and logoff. If they have hit it then I wait, no big deal as I do play other games. I go eat dinner, walk the dog, watch a movie (If it's going to take more than a few hours), do laundry/dishes. Once it's repaired I simply repair the fleet, which usually brings my res down to about 1.5 mill. Log off and go play in real life.

    Tell me exactly how these new changes are going to affect my gameplay? If I used my base more, maybe. If I was worried about my base, maybe. This new system, for me and others that play like me, that:

    My fleets are out and protected by Drac bases. No need for the Doc.

    You attack and do 50 percent to my base. Congrats. You are now in the red. I go out, attack a base(s) if I like as I don't need my dock it does not impede me a bit in moving them around, since they are already out. I use my Subs, BC's, SW, SS etc to engage in FvF to either sink enemy fleets that are out or to help my friends. Uh oh.. I just lost my bubble. Lil Jonny gets mad and comes to my base and does the remaining 50% to my base. I still have not hit repair yet.

    I continue about my night. When I am just about done I go hit 3 level 33's and soak the res up and put those fleets back to waiting in the nearby Drac base. Then I go to my base, enter it and click repair. LOL 36 hour bubble and No res taken in the repair. SO I see what I have left. Docks gonna take 4 hours so I go out to grab a movie at the theatre or whatever, grab dinner and come back. Docks Done repairing. I bring in the fleets that are damaged and begin repairing the small amounts first. Separating the lowest from the highest to take advantage of the 5 min speedup. I leave the totally dead baser fleet till last as that often takes 18 hours. Click repair on that, logoff and go to bed.

    So... Jon... tell me again how I'm the type of player who will as you put it.. "be most crushed by this system" ? I really am curious to know.

    Maybe what you meant to say was.. YOU are the type of player that will be most crushed by this. This won't won't affect me badly at all. I really won't miss the extra 12 hours in a 100% bubble.

    *Gasps for air*
    Joshua Philp: "I worked hard for my hailstorms"
    What a crock of ****, you didn't work hard you sat on your **** and played a facebook game to get them, people are only asking for a chance to do the same.

    Cranberry: I use mine to just gather Res right now. I had plans to refit them with Shockwaves and use them as a prep fleet, but with the outrageously inane and absurdly uncalled for build times of ships nowadays it's not feasible to even contemplate trying to refit anything
  • Patrick
    Patrick
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 211
    RUMSEEKER...

    What it means, is I would NEVER be able to relocate if OP is never repaired, I wouldn't EVER get to use my launch pad again, AND would be constantly living in a bubble or on the golf course because some people HATE me for my girlfriend's sake. Yeah...might as well just quit since I would never advance any further in this game. I don't agree with buddy bubbles, but this is **** OUTRAGEOUS to go to such EXTREMES!!!

    Good luck coiners...seems ya'll will be shelling out MORE money to KIXEYE'S **** GREEDY POCKETS and be the only ones out there to do any **** game play.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Rob_B wrote: »
    *Gasps for air*

    lol I know.. sorry.. simple obviously was not cutting it for Jon. Got a bit wordy there.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Patrick
    Patrick
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 211
    AND full time workers wouldn't stand a chance given they work 40 hours a week!!! I know how hard it was to play when working 2 jobs and almost 60 hours a week.
  • baron x
    baron x
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 5
    Perhaps the best way to stop buddy bubbles is to make it impossible to hit bases within the same sector, this would mean everyone would be effectively on the same side by default within that sector; this would also have the added benefit of getting rid of the a lot of offensive bitchy trash talk that blights communications. Any differences could still be settled by fleet to fleet battles.
    This may upset a few of roving bully alliances, but for the most part they are worst offenders for the use of the buddy bubble and trash talk in coms. The sector police would also be out of a job.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Patrick wrote: »
    AND full time workers wouldn't stand a chance given they work 40 hours a week!!! I know how hard it was to play when working 2 jobs and almost 60 hours a week.

    ROTFLMAO

    Yes they would. That is 8 hours a day. Basic game maintenance only takes between 2 and 4 hours a day.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    baron x wrote: »
    Perhaps the best way to stop buddy bubbles is to make it impossible to hit bases within the same sector, this would mean everyone would be effectively on the same side by default within that sector; this would also have the added benefit of getting rid of the a lot of offensive bitchy trash talk that blights communications. Any differences could still be settled by fleet to fleet battles.
    This may upset a few of roving bully alliances, but for the most part they are worst offenders for the use of the buddy bubble and trash talk in coms. The sector police would also be out of a job.

    That won't work either lol.

    MOST alliances occupy two adjacent sectors. They would just cross over and buddy bubble anyways.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Patrick
    Patrick
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 211
    That depends on when their bubble drops and when they get hit...DUH!!! I've been hit right before getting off work...my 8 hour day was 11 hour-ish with commute and with part time of up to another 4 hours or so...yeah...my dock repair kept me out of a many fights during those times.

    Not to mention the 18 hour bubble started upon getting hit...where my repairs didn't start UNTIL I was able to get online!!!

    Rumseeker wrote: »

    Yes they would. That is 8 hours a day. Basic game maintenance only takes between 2 and 4 hours a day.
  • Jon Bauer
    Jon Bauer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 218
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    Did you not read at all Jon?

    Fine. I'll restate exactly how I play.

    I'm primarily a base hitter. I don't hit bases for the resources, I hit for the fun of crushing the base. I also FvF a fair amount as well. I don't mine, as I gave that up shortly after the salvages started spawning more frequently.

    I have everything researched to max except 1-2 things in the advanced lab and most of what is in the Tac lab (It will get there when it gets there). I keep one ship building or refitting at all times, currently working on my 5th Batteship.

    My normal routine is, when I log on I check for who's attacked (or not). Click Repair as necessary. Check for any builds/researches that have finished and initiate something new. I check on my fleets and start repairing any that may be damaged. Sending out the last fleet that had by now finished repairing. If I'm low on res for the build or for the repair then I grab some real quick from a nearby salvage.

    If I don't have to grab res then I place the fleet under one of the 10 Drac Bases I have bookmarked to wait. Then I log off, go to work, rinse and repeat the above 13 hours later when I return from work and select targets from my bookmarks and begin attacking.

    And no Jon I won't be phased by this system at all. You seem to think that this change is going to be earth shattering. My base usually only holds enough res to do a repair and rarely only more than that if I'm swapping research or ship builds. On average an attacker only walks away with 1-3 mill in resources on an attack. As I said before, it's easy to go out and grab res from salvages so at most it takes an hour to get the res for a large ship build. Once that is spent I really have no further need for my base that night, until I am ready to log off. I got out, attack any that are not bubbled that are in my range and yes I attack the full five up and down. Very few bases in our immediate area carry boatloads of resources.

    Once I'm done for the night I'll bring in any damaged fleet and as necessary hit repair on my base, if it's been attacked. If they have missed my dock then I simply click the fleet to repair and logoff. If they have hit it then I wait, no big deal as I do play other games. I go eat dinner, walk the dog, watch a movie (If it's going to take more than a few hours), do laundry/dishes. Once it's repaired I simply repair the fleet, which usually brings my res down to about 1.5 mill. Log off and go play in real life.

    Tell me exactly how these new changes are going to affect my gameplay? If I used my base more, maybe. If I was worried about my base, maybe. This new system, for me and others that play like me, that:

    My fleets are out and protected by Drac bases. No need for the Doc.

    You attack and do 50 percent to my base. Congrats. You are now in the red. I go out, attack a base(s) if I like as I don't need my dock it does not impede me a bit in moving them around, since they are already out. I use my Subs, BC's, SW, SS etc to engage in FvF to either sink enemy fleets that are out or to help my friends. Uh oh.. I just lost my bubble. Lil Jonny gets mad and comes to my base and does the remaining 50% to my base. I still have not hit repair yet.

    I continue about my night. When I am just about done I go hit 3 level 33's and soak the res up and put those fleets back to waiting in the nearby Drac base. Then I go to my base, enter it and click repair. LOL 36 hour bubble and No res taken in the repair. SO I see what I have left. Docks gonna take 4 hours so I go out to grab a movie at the theatre or whatever, grab dinner and come back. Docks Done repairing. I bring in the fleets that are damaged and begin repairing the small amounts first. Separating the lowest from the highest to take advantage of the 5 min speedup. I leave the totally dead baser fleet till last as that often takes 18 hours. Click repair on that, logoff and go to bed.

    So... Jon... tell me again how I'm the type of player who will as you put it.. "be most crushed by this system" ? I really am curious to know.

    Maybe what you meant to say was.. YOU are the type of player that will be most crushed by this. This won't won't affect me badly at all. I really won't miss the extra 12 hours in a 100% bubble.

    I can only assume 361 is a huge carebear sector, do the ppl you hit not look under drac bases for targets?

    They way i see your game going is this, you click repair go to bed, you wake up all fleets have been destroyed and your base is damaged, you got a bubble, you click repair go to work, bubble drops, when you get back base is levelled and you cant launch for 4 hours, you got a bubble, you click repair. You head off eat and watch a move come back launch the 3 repaired fleets then log off. bubble drops. Rinse repeat.

    As for me hell yes this destroys my gameplay. My usuall is log on, see if anyone bothered to try overnight, then scan all know bases of the alliance we are fighting in whatever sector, find a big target to hit hard using overnight rocket and a smaller target to use 2nd base fleet on. Go smack em around. Find who responds in coms and start working their defending fleets base fleets and salv ships. Spend a few hours trading blows with whatever alliance.

    How will this change? well when i log hit one base the response will simply be for someone to hit a few turrets. So i hit the next base, someone else drops a few more, so i drop a SW fleet, someone clears my basefleet which now has only a few turrets backing it. I hit a mouth, someone attacks clearing my remaining 4 turrets and levels me. And im out. All done in 30 mins thanks and goodbye.

    Thats destroying gameplay, destroying interactions, destroying PvP.

    Any decent player who thinks this new attempt is decent clearly cant read or has no feel for the game past log in click log out.

    Its great for ppl who wanna play salvage pirates but not those who want to BATTLE
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Jon Bauer wrote: »
    I can only assume 361 is a huge carebear sector, do the ppl you hit not look under drac bases for targets?

    They way i see your game going is this, you click repair go to bed, you wake up all fleets have been destroyed and your base is damaged, you got a bubble, you click repair go to work, bubble drops, when you get back base is levelled and you cant launch for 4 hours, you got a bubble, you click repair. You head off eat and watch a move come back launch the 3 repaired fleets then log off. bubble drops. Rinse repeat.

    As for me hell yes this destroys my gameplay. My usuall is log on, see if anyone bothered to try overnight, then scan all know bases of the alliance we are fighting in whatever sector, find a big target to hit hard using overnight rocket and a smaller target to use 2nd base fleet on. Go smack em around. Find who responds in coms and start working their defending fleets base fleets and salv ships. Spend a few hours trading blows with whatever alliance.

    How will this change? well when i log hit one base the response will simply be for someone to hit a few turrets. So i hit the next base, someone else drops a few more, so i drop a SW fleet, someone clears my basefleet which now has only a few turrets backing it. I hit a mouth, someone attacks clearing my remaining 4 turrets and levels me. And im out. All done in 30 mins thanks and goodbye.

    Thats destroying gameplay, destroying interactions, destroying PvP.

    Any decent player who thinks this new attempt is decent clearly cant read or has no feel for the game past log in click log out.

    Its great for ppl who wanna play salvage pirates but not those who want to BATTLE

    lol They do but you assume an awful lot Jon. I hide my fleets in a variety of bases and they are spread between 3 sectors. Not everyone knows the tricks to targeting fleets under a base.

    I've been doing this for over 6 months, it's pretty cut, dried and polished. I'll go with the historical facts rather that supposition of how YOU see it happening.

    Any player who likes to battle will see this as Decent since it means people cannot hide in their bubbles anymore.

    Is it perfect? No. Could it be tweaked to better fit the game? Yes. Will it be tweaked down the road? Maybe.

    Will it destroy PvP? No. Not any more than removing the attack button did.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Jon Bauer
    Jon Bauer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 218
    These changes bring many issues with them and will change the way many play.

    Yet they do not correct any of the issues they claim too.

    Very ralrely have there been massive bubble buddy issues in the game, those who have issues with them are usually hitting players 5 lower than them anyway.

    What player over level 30 uses a buddy bubble. 98% have the balls to stand and fight rather than carry the shame of being seen cowering under a buddy bubble.
  • Jon Bauer
    Jon Bauer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 218
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    lol They do but you assume an awful lot Jon. I hide my fleets in a variety of bases and they are spread between 3 sectors. Not everyone knows the tricks to targeting fleets under a base.

    I've been doing this for over 6 months, it's pretty cut, dried and polished. I'll go with the historical facts rather that supposition of how YOU see it happening.

    Any player who likes to battle will see this as Decent since it means people cannot hide in their bubbles anymore.

    Is it perfect? No. Could it be tweaked to better fit the game? Yes. Will it be tweaked down the road? Maybe.

    Will it destroy PvP? No. Not any more than removing the attack button did.


    If/when they fix the bug of hiding under drac bases, what will you do then. As you said your strat relies on the fact most cant hit you.

    How can you get annoyed with ppl hiding behind bubbles if your game is build on hiding in places 95% of people can hit you in.....

    Simply put buddy bubbles are not and issue in game, this is just another step to ending PvP FvF. And forcing all PvP to be base oriented when bigger repair bills occur and kix make more $$$
  • Jon Bauer
    Jon Bauer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 218
    Rum im sorry but i just cant see how anyone who even has just a basic understanding of the game could consider these changes acceptable.

    I dont mean to go at you or your playstyle just can believe the narrow view your looking with. Yes for you its good, no one will play when your not playing, all the lower bases will be open in the 10 mins you play and need bases 5 under you.

    But for anyone looking for more than a quick 20 min thrill its the end of decent gameplay.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Jon Bauer wrote: »
    If/when they fix the bug of hiding under drac bases, what will you do then. As you said your strat relies on the fact most cant hit you.

    How can you get annoyed with ppl hiding behind bubbles if your game is build on hiding in places 95% of people can hit you in.....

    Simply put buddy bubbles are not and issue in game, this is just another step to ending PvP FvF. And forcing all PvP to be base oriented when bigger repair bills occur and kix make more $$$

    Then I will do what I and thousands of players have done since the launch of this game... adapt to, devise something new, overcome it and make it work for my style of gameplay.

    And it's simple. I hide my FLEETS under bases.. they can at will hit my base. That gives them a target they can try to vent on. A buddy bubbler takes that away. Person can't hit the base because of the bubble and can't hit the fleet because a person has to be a moron or drop connection to have a combat fleet caught.

    Buddy bubbles ARE an issue or do you not read the forums, with the hundreds of threads with the thousands of complaints and that is just the people that log on to the forums. When I can have a buddy bubble me for that 10th hit every time I hit a base so that there is no way you can seek vengeance for me destroying your base, it's a problem. And that is what people are doing everyday.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Jon Bauer wrote: »
    These changes bring many issues with them and will change the way many play.

    Yet they do not correct any of the issues they claim too.

    Very ralrely have there been massive bubble buddy issues in the game, those who have issues with them are usually hitting players 5 lower than them anyway.

    What player over level 30 uses a buddy bubble. 98% have the balls to stand and fight rather than carry the shame of being seen cowering under a buddy bubble.

    Not get out much do you?

    I can name easily several alliances that buddy bubble regularly and that is top down. And we are talking players that 35 and 36 and down.

    Take a look in 361 and 362. You notice the Reaper bases with bubbles? Half of those are from actual hits. The rest are Buddy Bubbles and only a few of those are below 31. Take a look in 319,320,320 at the RR's, those are almost always in a bubble and they Buddy bubble daily. They are mostly 32+. Take a look at 338,339 and 340 with the DR alliance. They buddy bubble up when a fleet even starts sailing their way. And most of those are 30+. Take a look at 240, 241 with the MICs. Those are 30+ and bubble constantly. Look in 173 and 134. The exact same thing.

    These are only a few of the many sectors and many alliances that Frubble on a daily basis. And I'm sure there are many, many more sectors that do that exact same thing day in and day out and view it as an acceptable method of play.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Jon Bauer
    Jon Bauer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 218
    All i can say is i think our discussion sums up the entire thread.

    Part time players love it.

    Serious players hate them.

    Best i avoid forums for a while, already stated ill walk if this idiocy comes in, reading day in day out the lack of though Kix puts into ideas makes me wanna walk now.

    This F3 forum really shows kix has little idea of what its like to play the game.
This discussion has been closed.