Damage Protection Rule Changes

  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Azmodan wrote: »
    If subs bother you, Just sink them!! predator subs are easy kills. they already took away instant repair subs away, to appease the high levels...what more do you need?

    Yes they are and yes I sink them easily. I was just using that as an example.

    But look at the player that does not have the ability yet. They don't have laser targeting or sonar or SFB3 yet. Pit those against JUST a Predator sub driver and they are screwed. Even worse if they encounter a player with Barracudas.

    And no they took away the Insta Repair of Predator subs because everyone was abusing it. Hide under a bubble, send out a pred sub fleet to sink whoever, oops.. got sunk.. come back.. the entire fleet repaired for less that 75k Res and back out it goes. While the other guy has to spend 1 mill+ in res and is down for hours unless they coin.

    It's not to appease high levels..
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • LUCKY-V
    LUCKY-V
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,103
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    Yes they are and yes I sink them easily. I was just using that as an example.

    But look at the player that does not have the ability yet. They don't have laser targeting or sonar or SFB3 yet. Pit those against JUST a Predator sub driver and they are screwed. Even worse if they encounter a player with Barracudas.

    And no they took away the Insta Repair of Predator subs because everyone was abusing it. Hide under a bubble, send out a pred sub fleet to sink whoever, oops.. got sunk.. come back.. the entire fleet repaired for less that 75k Res and back out it goes. While the other guy has to spend 1 mill+ in res and is down for hours unless they coin.

    It's not to appease high levels..


    So you should have learned to adapt instead of lobbying for a sub repair time change.



  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    LUCKY-V wrote: »
    So you should have learned to adapt instead of lobbying for a sub repair time change.

    lol I wasn't on during the whole lobbying bit.. I only read about the change after I got back.

    And just how is a level 18 or 21 going to adapt? They likely don't have HB3 or Engine3 yet so speed and distance is out of the equation for them. The only ship with Concussive resistance is the Interdictor.. good luck there. There is no armor they can research to help. The only 2 weapons they have that out-range a sub are Cutlas missiles and Mortars. And those are only effective if the person is surfaced, if you don't have Laser Targetting.

    So to sum it up.. they are screwed. There is nothing they can do. They are not faster. Their armor is ineffective. Their weapons are ONLY effective for 10 seconds, if he's in range. They don't have the range with Ballistics.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Vince Martinez
    Vince Martinez
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 88
    Why not just make the Base repairs instant and free so you can go right back and fight with whoever hit you. that would bring alot more fun to the game instead of coining a dock repair. i know i won't coin my dock if it's damaged i just go to a different game until it's repaired.
  • LUCKY-V
    LUCKY-V
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,103
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    lol I wasn't on during the whole lobbying bit.. I only read about the change after I got back.

    And just how is a level 18 or 21 going to adapt? They likely don't have HB3 or Engine3 yet so speed and distance is out of the equation for them. The only ship with Concussive resistance is the Interdictor.. good luck there. There is no armor they can research to help. The only 2 weapons they have that out-range a sub are Cutlas missiles and Mortars. And those are only effective if the person is surfaced, if you don't have Laser Targetting.

    So to sum it up.. they are screwed. There is nothing they can do. They are not faster. Their armor is ineffective. Their weapons are ONLY effective for 10 seconds, if he's in range. They don't have the range with Ballistics.


    Changing bubble times and rules is not going to stop bullies from bullying and you know it. It is also not going to stop players from running around sinking miners etc.



  • Roland Bullock
    Roland Bullock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 931
    LUCKY-V wrote: »
    Changing bubble times and rules is not going to stop bullies from bullying and you know it. It is also not going to stop players from running around sinking miners etc.

    Its not about stopping "bullies", this is a battle pirate game. Get out of the bubbles and battle. And if people do run around and sink miners there open for retaliation with the new rules unlike before.
    Desert_Warfare
    Level 67 Originated in 142
    Currently in 191
  • Robert Niemala
    Robert Niemala
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 35
    I dont like this rule change. i dont need a buddy bubble. With this rule change a person could end up never able to play. There are a limited number of hours in a day and this would allow people to hit you every 12hrs and prevent you from ever playing.

    you cant repair until you can log on and then you will be hit before you can log on again so you have to repair and then cant play.

    This is more like a way to make people coin just to play.

    If you are hit in the current system at least you can click rebuild and you remain bubbled until you get logged on again after work.

    I dont mind getting hit but you will lose players with only a 12 hour bubble.

    For those who can do math. Get hit at 10pm. find out at 6am. (8 hours gone), click repair, go to work (18 hrs now gone), hit again, come home, click repair. REPEAT.

    This will end play for people and they will quit playing.
    sectors 1, 26, 114, 155, 178, 243, 299, 287, 305*, 306, 312, 343, 488
  • Torpedoman1045
    Torpedoman1045
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 12
    SO does this mean that if you are under a bubble, for lets say 36 hours, if you attack a fleet your bubble will pop or is that just for the 8 attacks under 25% rule ?
    --T--
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    LUCKY-V wrote: »
    Changing bubble times and rules is not going to stop bullies from bullying and you know it. It is also not going to stop players from running around sinking miners etc.

    Nope it's not but at least they won't be able to do that AND hide under a bubble.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Stewart Mckaig
    Stewart Mckaig
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 21
    throw the players a bone at least 100 percent damage give 48 hours
  • Hillbilly WAR
    Hillbilly WAR
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 92
    we all know ppl will cry no matter what kixeye does....I dont like it,I say let them cry...booo hooo some buddy hit my dock or they sniped my WH...booo hoo,they should learn to build there base better.Its not that hard ppl,I hate buddy bubbles any ways,and if they need a bubble to they can have one if they get over 30% maybe for 12hrs...come on ppl play the game,or go play FARMVILLE,this is pirate game so ack like a pirate not whining little kids,im off my soap box now,hope to see ya on the seas
  • BP_TGP
    BP_TGP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 585
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    NOONE is saying you HAVE to join an alliance. Far from it, but let's be honest. A person joins an alliance that is even half worth a crap and now it is not just them. They can call on allies that often are larger and have more advanced Tech to help them out if they are being hounded. An alliance does help because it gives the little guy that chance to start off right or to learn what things they should focus on.

    If you had read the quote from Swag I replied to you would see that yes he basically said we will need to join alliances

    We already answered the concern in the Q&A: join an alliance. There is safety in numbers. The official Alliance feature is currently in development and there will certainly be a desire for all level of players in an Alliance.
    Sink or Swim
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Kyle Reese wrote: »
    If you had read the quote from Swag I replied to you would see that yes he basically said we will need to join alliances

    Since he shortened it.. let's put the whole section he was referring to.

    Q: I need to buddy bubble so I can build/upgrade my buildings; how will I make any progress?
    A: There’s no challenge in a game where players are immune to penalties. Suffering delays to build times is part of the game; however, there are things that you can do such as relocating to a sector that does not have as much base hitting, or join an alliance where other players will take you under their wing.

    Joining an alliance is an option he presented.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Hoosier
    Hoosier
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 7
    i dont like this rule change. I dont need a buddy bubble. With this rule change a person could end up never able to play. There are a limited number of hours in a day and this would allow people to hit you every 12hrs and prevent you from ever playing.

    You cant repair until you can log on and then you will be hit before you can log on again so you have to repair and then cant play.

    This is more like a way to make people coin just to play.

    If you are hit in the current system at least you can click rebuild and you remain bubbled until you get logged on again after work.

    I dont mind getting hit but you will lose players with only a 12 hour bubble.

    For those who can do math. Get hit at 10pm. Find out at 6am. (8 hours gone), click repair, go to work (18 hrs now gone), hit again, come home, click repair. Repeat.

    This will end play for people and they will quit playing.

    ^^^^^exactly
  • Larry Edge
    Larry Edge
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 9
    I am all for building alliances but any alliance that is built can not truly defend my base becase they can not stop a fleet from hitting it, now are you going to allow some one to truly guard my base as if it were one of my own? I see this as a fair way of us protecting out allied bases.

    Thank you, Rev.
  • Tim P
    Tim P
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 21
    I agree with not being able to play. Now, I am expected to coin every time I want to play or join an alliance. Which would mean no more solo playing and i promise you there are lots of people that do not want to be in an alliance. But, OK, I forget solo playing and join an alliance but we are all low level bases. Now here comes an alliance that is a few levels above us and they walk right through our fleets and our bases on a clockwork schedule. What do we do? Wait till he gets to high a level to do it anymore? I know my luck there would be another right there to take their place. The only thing left for me and mine left to do is quit. Now, you are losing players.
  • Busterking
    Busterking
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 651
    nm, wrong thread


  • Torpedoman1045
    Torpedoman1045
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 12
    For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3). Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection).

    So i take it that u can still attack salvs without losing your bubble, am i right ?
    --T--
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3). Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection).

    So i take it that u can still attack salvs without losing your bubble, am i right ?

    Yes, you can attack salvs and mines that are controlled by Draconians all you like with no worries about the bubble coming down.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Kaptain K
    Kaptain K
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 253
    Firstly, my REPLY and THOUGHTS are below what SWAG said, but I would like to know if this SWAG ever really PLAYED this game????? I don't think so!!!!! And I also don't think that a majority of the BIG THINKERS at Kixeye have ever sat down and played this game either (I'm talking about months of playing, not one hour to acquaint themselves with the world map and crap like that!!) or they wouldn't come up with such STUPID IDEAS!!!!!

    SWAG, now I will pick your new proposed rules to pieces!!!!

    NOW, for my thoughts and answers go to just below this: ******************

    #1 YOUR STATEMENT.....Why change the Damage Protection rules? "...players are able to indefinitely hide behind the damage protection bubble by using the “Buddy Bubble” exploit."

    You could have changed only ONE THING to get rid of BUDDY BUBBLING!! And that one thing is this:

    ANSWER - (1st) SUGGESTION - IF a base is hit by another player in the same sector, the player doing the hitting will not be able to receive a protection bubble for ANY REASON as long as the bubble they put in place lasts. In other words, if I give YOU a bubble and it is going to last for 18 hours, and we both reside in the same sector, I CANNOT receive a bubble for ANY REASON, and I don't care if 14 other fleets from another sector hit me, I will not receive a bubble. PERIOD!! "Buddy Bubbling problem SOLVED!!! BE TOUGH, but also be FAIR!

    NOW, how about TESTING of ones defenses by a friend??


    ANSWER - (2nd) SUGGESTION -
    sub-answer #a - ANSWER - Simply add a button that pops up, just like a box that pops up letting you know that your base is under attack, that says, "this is a test of my defenses and I have agreed that the person hitting me is ONLY for testing purposes". "Click *OK* if this is true! But , AGAIN, the damage done to the test base will NOT receive a bubble for ANY REASON, **UNLESS** the subsequent attacks come from a different sector. In this scenario, the out of sector hitter clicks on a base to attack and gets a pop up box that says THIS PLAYER CANNOT BE HIT FOR "****" AMOUNT OF TIME. This is to let the TEST base recover from the testing. A player can only TEST their defenses once in 60 days. Again, this gives the player a way to test their defenses but also does not give them a Buddy Bubble.

    OR

    sub-answer #b - When the time runs out on the friend that is testing your defenses, ALL damage will be immediately repaired "BY THE GAME ITSELF" (when the player hits the THIS IS A TEST button, the game takes a snapshot of base's health, condition and the amount of resources before the test actually begins) and then there is no reason to have any additional code to worry about from the above scenario because the attack was only a TEST. BUT, you would still need to have the "Click *OK* if this is true!" button. Though, if the person that attacks you is from a different sector, then the pop up box does NOT show up, AND if the player that is getting hit abuses the test button and someone files an official complaint (from the same sector), then the offending user of the test button receives the same punishment of those that HACK!! AGAIN, BE TOUGH, but also be FAIR!

    ADDENDUM: if the pop up box that asks you if this is a test is not clicked on to indicate "OK, this is a test", it will disappear on its' own after 10 seconds and the game continues as if it is a REAL attack and you will lose resources and whatever else that is lost in a normal attack.



    #2 YOUR STATEMENT.....Proposed New Damage Protection Rules

    When a base has suffered 25% - 49% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 12 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 50% - 74% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 24 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 75% - 100% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 36 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has been attacked 8 times in four hours (but suffered less than 25% damage), the base will receive 1 hour of Damage Protection.

    ANSWER - There is no need to have all these changes if you apply the above suggestion that I have given you.

    #3 YOUR STATEMENT.....For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3).

    ANSWER - in the last attack on MY base, my dock was hit and it was down for 4+ hours!!! So if you only give players a 1 hour bubble for damage that takes 4 hours to fix, people will leave this game IN DROVES!!!!! Your suggestion of only a 1 hour bubble is UTTERLY STUPID ON YOUR PART!!!!!!!

    #4 YOUR STATEMENT.....Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection).

    LEAVE the **** fleets out of this. PERIOD!!!!!!!

    #5 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: I need to buddy bubble so I can build/upgrade my buildings; how will I make any progress?
    A: There’s no challenge in a game where players are immune to penalties. Suffering delays to build times is part of the game; however, there are things that you can do such as relocating to a sector that does not have as much base hitting, or join an alliance where other players will take you under their wing.

    MY ANSWER - I've never had a buddy bubble and I'm now a level 28 and have only been playing this game for 3 months, so IT CAN BE DONE!!!

    #6 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: Will you be changing how long it takes for certain buildings to repair like the Dock or the Launchpad?
    A: Currently there are no plans to change the repair times for any buildings; however, after the new Damage Protection System goes live, we will closely monitor the situation and see if any changes need to be made.

    ANSWER - HAHAHAHA, if you leave the 1 hour bubble for dock hits in, you WILL BE MAKING CHANGES **** SOON, and I'll GUARANTEE THAT!!!!

    #7 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: My Dock is going to get pummeled all the time; how will I be able to launch my fleets?
    A: If players are plotting against you, recruit some allies or join an existing group. Players will be much less likely to continuously attack your dock if they know that your allies will retaliate against them. There’s strength in numbers.

    ANSWER - YOUR answer PROVES to me that no one on Kixeye staff has played this game at any length!!!! WHY? Because you SHOULD know that if I set a fleet on course to hit your base, there isn't a **** thing you can do to stop me due to the fact that a moving fleet CANNOT BE HIT OR ATTACKED - PERIOD!!!!!! You could line up 5 thousand fleets around your base and I would still be able to ATTACK YOU!! This is the 2nd DUMBEST answer you have giving us in this post!!!!

    There ya' go......two simple things to get rid of Buddy Bubbling!! Yes, I know you have BA's and PhD's on your staff that have spent weeks, maybe months of come up with your nonsensical banter post, but unfortunately, having this much knowledge, these geniuses simply LOSE the ability to have or retain their COMMON SENSE. Don't know WHY this is true, but in 90+ percentage of cases, your high IQ people simply can't find their way out of a paper bag!!! And this is "oh so true" in this case of Buddy Bubbling!

    And, if you'd ask me which I like of how to get rid of the Buddy Bubble thing, I prefer:

    ANSWER - (2nd) SUGGESTION - sub-answer #b This particular answer is the easiest to implement and also the easiest for the player to understand.

    ...as it gives the player a way to test his base.

    OH, and one more thing it does, it cures the IN SECTOR hitter problem! Now if Kixeye wants, they can add say 20 new sectors for people that like to hit IN SECTOR and they can all move to these sectors and have the time of their life hitting their neighbors!! (and leave the other 99% of players that don't like IN SECTOR HITTERS to themselves)

    So, you just killed two birds with one stone......how does it feel?? It's Great isn't it(!!!!!!!) ??

    Sincerely submitted..........
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Kaptain K wrote: »
    Firstly, my REPLY and THOUGHTS are below what SWAG said, but I would like to know if this SWAG ever really PLAYED this game????? I don't think so!!!!! And I also don't think that a majority of the BIG THINKERS at Kixeye have ever sat down and played this game either (I'm talking about months of playing, not one hour to acquaint themselves with the world map and crap like that!!) or they wouldn't come up with such STUPID IDEAS!!!!!

    SWAG, now I will pick your new proposed rules to pieces!!!!

    NOW, for my thoughts and answers go to just below this: ******************

    #1 YOUR STATEMENT.....Why change the Damage Protection rules? "...players are able to indefinitely hide behind the damage protection bubble by using the “Buddy Bubble” exploit."

    You could have changed only ONE THING to get rid of BUDDY BUBBLING!! And that one thing is this:

    ANSWER - (1st) SUGGESTION - IF a base is hit by another player in the same sector, the player doing the hitting will not be able to receive a protection bubble for ANY REASON as long as the bubble they put in place lasts. In other words, if I give YOU a bubble and it is going to last for 18 hours, and we both reside in the same sector, I CANNOT receive a bubble for ANY REASON, and I don't care if 14 other fleets from another sector hit me, I will not receive a bubble. PERIOD!! "Buddy Bubbling problem SOLVED!!! BE TOUGH, but also be FAIR!
    ROTFLMAO

    You obviously have not thought that out very well.

    By what you just posted that modification would seriously SCREW ANYONE and EVERYONE. Think it thru. We are in the same sector. You hit me. No biggie, now I just coin a repair up. I'm still under a bubble. I get a friend to come in and just pick your defenses apart with SFB3+Assault missiles. You don't bubble, EVER, while my bubble is in place so he can take his time. This would seriously screw EVERY player in the game.

    Kaptain K wrote: »
    NOW, how about TESTING of ones defenses by a friend??

    ANSWER - (2nd) SUGGESTION -
    sub-answer #a - ANSWER - Simply add a button that pops up, just like a box that pops up letting you know that your base is under attack, that says, "this is a test of my defenses and I have agreed that the person hitting me is ONLY for testing purposes". "Click *OK* if this is true! But , AGAIN, the damage done to the test base will NOT receive a bubble for ANY REASON, **UNLESS** the subsequent attacks come from a different sector. In this scenario, the out of sector hitter clicks on a base to attack and gets a pop up box that says THIS PLAYER CANNOT BE HIT FOR "****" AMOUNT OF TIME. This is to let the TEST base recover from the testing. A player can only TEST their defenses once in 60 days. Again, this gives the player a way to test their defenses but also does not give them a Buddy Bubble.

    OR

    sub-answer #b - When the time runs out on the friend that is testing your defenses, ALL damage will be immediately repaired "BY THE GAME ITSELF" (when the player hits the THIS IS A TEST button, the game takes a snapshot of base's health, condition and the amount of resources before the test actually begins) and then there is no reason to have any additional code to worry about from the above scenario because the attack was only a TEST. BUT, you would still need to have the "Click *OK* if this is true!" button. Though, if the person that attacks you is from a different sector, then the pop up box does NOT show up, AND if the player that is getting hit abuses the test button and someone files an official complaint (from the same sector), then the offending user of the test button receives the same punishment of those that HACK!! AGAIN, BE TOUGH, but also be FAIR!

    ADDENDUM: if the pop up box that asks you if this is a test is not clicked on to indicate "OK, this is a test", it will disappear on its' own after 10 seconds and the game continues as if it is a REAL attack and you will lose resources and whatever else that is lost in a normal attack.


    This is just ASKING for more lag, glitches and all other kinds of things. Also opens up a lot of room for an exploit.

    You and I are in the same sector. Bobby comes along and is headed to attack you. I see it and zip a fleet over to hit you before he can. It's a base test so we take that option. Your base is now safe for 5 minutes and takes no damage.

    Also a lot of people change their base weekly and get it tested. Making it only useable once in 60 days is too restrictive.
    Kaptain K wrote: »
    #2 YOUR STATEMENT.....Proposed New Damage Protection Rules

    When a base has suffered 25% - 49% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 12 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 50% - 74% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 24 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 75% - 100% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 36 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has been attacked 8 times in four hours (but suffered less than 25% damage), the base will receive 1 hour of Damage Protection.

    ANSWER - There is no need to have all these changes if you apply the above suggestion that I have given you.

    Your suggestions are flawed and so far do not invalidate what was suggested. Hence there is still the need.

    Kaptain K wrote: »
    Kaptain K wrote: »
    #3 YOUR STATEMENT.....For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3).

    ANSWER - in the last attack on MY base, my dock was hit and it was down for 4+ hours!!! So if you only give players a 1 hour bubble for damage that takes 4 hours to fix, people will leave this game IN DROVES!!!!! Your suggestion of only a 1 hour bubble is UTTERLY STUPID ON YOUR PART!!!!!!!

    Here is where we Agree. The time is not long enough. To be fair a bubble should last the time it takes to totally repair a base (Or the buildings that got damaged) + 30 minutes. That in itself will alleviate the crying.

    Kaptain K wrote: »
    #4 YOUR STATEMENT.....Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection).

    LEAVE the **** fleets out of this. PERIOD!!!!!!!
    They CAN'T do that. More and MORE people are abusing the fact that they have a bubble and using it to sink fleets at will. The whole point of having a bubble is so the player can heal. NOT go right out and start attacking people whether they claim they are helping friends or not. You want to attack after getting your base hit, be prepared for the consequences.
    Kaptain K wrote: »
    #5 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: I need to buddy bubble so I can build/upgrade my buildings; how will I make any progress?
    A: There’s no challenge in a game where players are immune to penalties. Suffering delays to build times is part of the game; however, there are things that you can do such as relocating to a sector that does not have as much base hitting, or join an alliance where other players will take you under their wing.

    MY ANSWER - I've never had a buddy bubble and I'm now a level 28 and have only been playing this game for 3 months, so IT CAN BE DONE!!!

    #6 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: Will you be changing how long it takes for certain buildings to repair like the Dock or the Launchpad?
    A: Currently there are no plans to change the repair times for any buildings; however, after the new Damage Protection System goes live, we will closely monitor the situation and see if any changes need to be made.

    ANSWER - HAHAHAHA, if you leave the 1 hour bubble for dock hits in, you WILL BE MAKING CHANGES **** SOON, and I'll GUARANTEE THAT!!!!

    #7 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: My Dock is going to get pummeled all the time; how will I be able to launch my fleets?
    A: If players are plotting against you, recruit some allies or join an existing group. Players will be much less likely to continuously attack your dock if they know that your allies will retaliate against them. There’s strength in numbers.

    ANSWER - YOUR answer PROVES to me that no one on Kixeye staff has played this game at any length!!!! WHY? Because you SHOULD know that if I set a fleet on course to hit your base, there isn't a **** thing you can do to stop me due to the fact that a moving fleet CANNOT BE HIT OR ATTACKED - PERIOD!!!!!! You could line up 5 thousand fleets around your base and I would still be able to ATTACK YOU!! This is the 2nd DUMBEST answer you have giving us in this post!!!!

    There ya' go......two simple things to get rid of Buddy Bubbling!! Yes, I know you have BA's and PhD's on your staff that have spent weeks, maybe months of come up with your nonsensical banter post, but unfortunately, having this much knowledge, these geniuses simply LOSE the ability to have or retain their COMMON SENSE. Don't know WHY this is true, but in 90+ percentage of cases, your high IQ people simply can't find their way out of a paper bag!!! And this is "oh so true" in this case of Buddy Bubbling!

    And, if you'd ask me which I like of how to get rid of the Buddy Bubble thing, I prefer:

    ANSWER - (2nd) SUGGESTION - sub-answer #b This particular answer is the easiest to implement and also the easiest for the player to understand.

    ...as it gives the player a way to test his base.

    OH, and one more thing it does, it cures the IN SECTOR hitter problem! Now if Kixeye wants, they can add say 20 new sectors for people that like to hit IN SECTOR and they can all move to these sectors and have the time of their life hitting their neighbors!! (and leave the other 99% of players that don't like IN SECTOR HITTERS to themselves)

    So, you just killed two birds with one stone......how does it feel?? It's Great isn't it(!!!!!!!) ??

    Sincerely submitted..........

    ROTFLMAO..

    There is NO In-Sector hitting problem. There is the problem of self appointed sector police that think they have the right to tell others how to play the game. Try learning to play the game the way it was laid out by Kixeye. If I choose to hit in sector or out of sector, that is my right. You stick your nose into it and try to "Force" me not to hit insector, all you will have is a cratered base and a lot of sunk fleets.

    It's Battle Pirates not Police Patrol.

    And YOU are assuming that 99% of players don't hit insector. You might want to actually read the forums. The sector police are in the minority, NOT the majority.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • LQQK
    LQQK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 144
    This should be added:

    If you attack the same base 3 times in a row within 15 minutes without damage or very little damage you should be banned for 24 hours.
  • Captain Crapalot
    Captain Crapalot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 293
    Kaptain K wrote: »
    Firstly, my REPLY and THOUGHTS are below what SWAG said, but I would like to know if this SWAG ever really PLAYED this game????? I don't think so!!!!! And I also don't think that a majority of the BIG THINKERS at Kixeye have ever sat down and played this game either (I'm talking about months of playing, not one hour to acquaint themselves with the world map and crap like that!!) or they wouldn't come up with such STUPID IDEAS!!!!!

    SWAG, now I will pick your new proposed rules to pieces!!!!

    NOW, for my thoughts and answers go to just below this: ******************

    #1 YOUR STATEMENT.....Why change the Damage Protection rules? "...players are able to indefinitely hide behind the damage protection bubble by using the “Buddy Bubble” exploit."

    You could have changed only ONE THING to get rid of BUDDY BUBBLING!! And that one thing is this:

    ANSWER - (1st) SUGGESTION - IF a base is hit by another player in the same sector, the player doing the hitting will not be able to receive a protection bubble for ANY REASON as long as the bubble they put in place lasts. In other words, if I give YOU a bubble and it is going to last for 18 hours, and we both reside in the same sector, I CANNOT receive a bubble for ANY REASON, and I don't care if 14 other fleets from another sector hit me, I will not receive a bubble. PERIOD!! "Buddy Bubbling problem SOLVED!!! BE TOUGH, but also be FAIR!

    NOW, how about TESTING of ones defenses by a friend??


    ANSWER - (2nd) SUGGESTION -
    sub-answer #a - ANSWER - Simply add a button that pops up, just like a box that pops up letting you know that your base is under attack, that says, "this is a test of my defenses and I have agreed that the person hitting me is ONLY for testing purposes". "Click *OK* if this is true! But , AGAIN, the damage done to the test base will NOT receive a bubble for ANY REASON, **UNLESS** the subsequent attacks come from a different sector. In this scenario, the out of sector hitter clicks on a base to attack and gets a pop up box that says THIS PLAYER CANNOT BE HIT FOR "****" AMOUNT OF TIME. This is to let the TEST base recover from the testing. A player can only TEST their defenses once in 60 days. Again, this gives the player a way to test their defenses but also does not give them a Buddy Bubble.

    OR

    sub-answer #b - When the time runs out on the friend that is testing your defenses, ALL damage will be immediately repaired "BY THE GAME ITSELF" (when the player hits the THIS IS A TEST button, the game takes a snapshot of base's health, condition and the amount of resources before the test actually begins) and then there is no reason to have any additional code to worry about from the above scenario because the attack was only a TEST. BUT, you would still need to have the "Click *OK* if this is true!" button. Though, if the person that attacks you is from a different sector, then the pop up box does NOT show up, AND if the player that is getting hit abuses the test button and someone files an official complaint (from the same sector), then the offending user of the test button receives the same punishment of those that HACK!! AGAIN, BE TOUGH, but also be FAIR!

    ADDENDUM: if the pop up box that asks you if this is a test is not clicked on to indicate "OK, this is a test", it will disappear on its' own after 10 seconds and the game continues as if it is a REAL attack and you will lose resources and whatever else that is lost in a normal attack.



    #2 YOUR STATEMENT.....Proposed New Damage Protection Rules

    When a base has suffered 25% - 49% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 12 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 50% - 74% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 24 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has suffered 75% - 100% damage at the end of an attack, the base will receive 36 hours of Damage Protection.
    • When a base has been attacked 8 times in four hours (but suffered less than 25% damage), the base will receive 1 hour of Damage Protection.

    ANSWER - There is no need to have all these changes if you apply the above suggestion that I have given you.

    #3 YOUR STATEMENT.....For the last rule of Damage Protection, we feel it’s still necessary to allow players the one-hour of protection for those that are repeatedly getting their docks hit with rockets and/or snipers (SFB3).

    ANSWER - in the last attack on MY base, my dock was hit and it was down for 4+ hours!!! So if you only give players a 1 hour bubble for damage that takes 4 hours to fix, people will leave this game IN DROVES!!!!! Your suggestion of only a 1 hour bubble is UTTERLY STUPID ON YOUR PART!!!!!!!

    #4 YOUR STATEMENT.....Also, if you attack another player’s fleets or base, the number of attacks made against you within the past four hours will be reset to zero and remove the bubble from your base (if already under Damage Protection).

    LEAVE the **** fleets out of this. PERIOD!!!!!!!

    #5 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: I need to buddy bubble so I can build/upgrade my buildings; how will I make any progress?
    A: There’s no challenge in a game where players are immune to penalties. Suffering delays to build times is part of the game; however, there are things that you can do such as relocating to a sector that does not have as much base hitting, or join an alliance where other players will take you under their wing.

    MY ANSWER - I've never had a buddy bubble and I'm now a level 28 and have only been playing this game for 3 months, so IT CAN BE DONE!!!

    #6 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: Will you be changing how long it takes for certain buildings to repair like the Dock or the Launchpad?
    A: Currently there are no plans to change the repair times for any buildings; however, after the new Damage Protection System goes live, we will closely monitor the situation and see if any changes need to be made.

    ANSWER - HAHAHAHA, if you leave the 1 hour bubble for dock hits in, you WILL BE MAKING CHANGES **** SOON, and I'll GUARANTEE THAT!!!!

    #7 YOUR STATEMENT.....Q: My Dock is going to get pummeled all the time; how will I be able to launch my fleets?
    A: If players are plotting against you, recruit some allies or join an existing group. Players will be much less likely to continuously attack your dock if they know that your allies will retaliate against them. There’s strength in numbers.

    ANSWER - YOUR answer PROVES to me that no one on Kixeye staff has played this game at any length!!!! WHY? Because you SHOULD know that if I set a fleet on course to hit your base, there isn't a **** thing you can do to stop me due to the fact that a moving fleet CANNOT BE HIT OR ATTACKED - PERIOD!!!!!! You could line up 5 thousand fleets around your base and I would still be able to ATTACK YOU!! This is the 2nd DUMBEST answer you have giving us in this post!!!!

    There ya' go......two simple things to get rid of Buddy Bubbling!! Yes, I know you have BA's and PhD's on your staff that have spent weeks, maybe months of come up with your nonsensical banter post, but unfortunately, having this much knowledge, these geniuses simply LOSE the ability to have or retain their COMMON SENSE. Don't know WHY this is true, but in 90+ percentage of cases, your high IQ people simply can't find their way out of a paper bag!!! And this is "oh so true" in this case of Buddy Bubbling!

    And, if you'd ask me which I like of how to get rid of the Buddy Bubble thing, I prefer:

    ANSWER - (2nd) SUGGESTION - sub-answer #b This particular answer is the easiest to implement and also the easiest for the player to understand.

    ...as it gives the player a way to test his base.

    OH, and one more thing it does, it cures the IN SECTOR hitter problem! Now if Kixeye wants, they can add say 20 new sectors for people that like to hit IN SECTOR and they can all move to these sectors and have the time of their life hitting their neighbors!! (and leave the other 99% of players that don't like IN SECTOR HITTERS to themselves)

    So, you just killed two birds with one stone......how does it feel?? It's Great isn't it(!!!!!!!) ??

    Sincerely submitted..........

    I largely agree with your argument, BUT, KIXEYE promotes insector hitting as opposed to what you and 99% of other players believe. The no insector hit was brought in by players ( sector police as some call them ) all by themselves. This takes away all the value in your argument.

    I could support your argument if they make sectors much smaller and enforce the no insector hit. Then it will work like a charm, also for the insector hitters, as with tiny sectors it will still be like hitting in sector. This is wishful thinking however.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    LQQK wrote: »
    This should be added:

    If you attack the same base 3 times in a row within 15 minutes without damage or very little damage you should be banned for 24 hours.

    lol Are you smoking crack?

    So what you are going to do with this is kill any kind of help in a sector. Example being if I was about to attack your buddies base and you got there before me and "Blocked" me. Multiple "Blocks" would be required.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Chris Nelson
    Chris Nelson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 4
    Question: Are you decreasing base repair times due to preventing retaliation of players who get hit? Don't you think this would kill fleet vs fleet combat(pvp). For example: My base gets hit, no point of continuing playing for majority of the day due to my base comes before bubble dropping. I think having attacking fleets to drop bubble is a very bad idea.

    Other than that the rest sounds great
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 187
    This is more like a way to make people coin just to play.

    Welcome to the business. Does it really surprise you that so many things they do/introduce is just to fatten their bottom line?
  • Morbyus
    Morbyus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 165
    So you're condemning buddy bubbling for not being part of the game while promoting alliances which are, erm, not part of the game? There's a word for that.
    Gie him strong drink until he wink
    That's sinking in despair
    An' liquor guid to fire his bluid
    That's prest wi' grief an' care
    There let him bowse, and deep carouse
    Wi' bumpers flowing o'er
    Till he forgets his loves or debts
    An' minds his griefs no more
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    So you're condemning buddy bubbling for not being part of the game while promoting alliances which are, erm, not part of the game? There's a word for that.

    Buddy bubbling is an "Exploit" of the protection bubble. It was never a planned part of the game.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Ice Dirk
    Ice Dirk
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    I agree that the buddy bubble isnt good for the development of players. I do however think that damage times should be adjusted. Say, for instance, the launch pad. At level 4, it takes 10 hours to repair when destroyed. If you dont have a bubble for at least that amount of time, it will just keep getting taken out again. Im currently upgrading mine and had it taken out. had to wait for it to repair and that delayed it greatly. I have also seemed to notice that occasionally, time is ADDED to researches and upgrades when a building is taken out. I completely disagree with this. Sure, I know that the research/upgrade will be delayed the amount of time that it takes to repair, but dont penalize us any further by adding time to it. just my thoughts
  • Aldon
    Aldon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 196
    It looks like people want the bubble buddy fix, but they don't like the way you are doing it. I think the easiest way to fix this is to get rid of the 8 times in 24 hours. That way people can't bubble someone for an extended amount of time without doing damage. The times you have posted here are getting a decent amount of complaints due to the fact that if you have a life, you will have your base ran over in the time your gone. Example: You work a late shift 2pm to 10pm. The next morning you have a doctors appointment at 7am. So, you don't have time to get on and play at all from 2pm to around 9 am the next morning. By this time someone has done 45% damage to your base the first round and then later (because they have nothing better to do) comes back and easily finishes off you base before you even have a chance to notice. MY suggestion is to not change the time from what they are right now. For the reason that it gives someone a chance to actually have a life and play. If you change it to where people can finish off your base that easily then you will start losing players.
    BYM ID: 10612135
    BP ID: 1963511 Sector 268
This discussion has been closed.