New Level Structure (Part 2)

  • Jeff Leiber
    Jeff Leiber
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 19
    Don359 wrote: »
    MIGHT I SUGGEST 5 up 5 down for everyone! How is it fair for a 65 to hit a 40!

    You missed the memo .... isn't a matter of fair. If it was they would have come up with something more sensible than taking everyone that was a 29 getting they're stuff together and making them the bottom of the barrel for EVERYONE over lvl 50 ... Gunna be a LOT of people quittin over this one. I know if I had ever considered coining at all I have forgotten the thought.

    This junk being farmed by a group of lvl 55-64's REALLY gets old.
  • waverider1
    waverider1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 43
    I agree! It is not fair that anyone who is 40 and above can hit anyone. I will be turning 40 shortly and have no way of defending myself, so I will be a farm now, I will never be able to get anywhere in the game because they will come in and take my res everytime my bubble pops! So guess what kixeye, the money I spend on the game periodically, will not longer be spent! I dont spend alot, but once in awhile I spend a little. Well that will no longer be happening I will wind up quitting this game because the creators have now killed it! You have made it a game that only the higher level players will enjoy playing.
    Sectors: 179, 156, 430, 452, 239,451,305,100,196,241,499,198 and counting :p 
  • Blayne Bowman
    Blayne Bowman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 6
    Don't like the level brackets and will significantly reduce my play time and eliminate any coining on my part
  • Matthew Higgins
    Matthew Higgins
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 10
    yep soon all the level 50+'s will get bored of hitting the empty and non playing level 40's , so BeWARE level 30-39 you may be next in the near future
  • Blayne Bowman
    Blayne Bowman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 6
    I had a great time playing Battle Pirates, at the end of the day it is not my life's work, there are other games, so if Kixeye will not respect the players who have made the game a profitable business for them, then they will not be getting my time or money. Nor anymore of my friends added to the game.
  • Timothy Riley
    Timothy Riley
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2
    I may keep playing this game, but I'm done buying coins. I didn't ask to be leveled up (from 28) to level 40. Now I'm getting slaughtered everytime the bubble comes down, from players way more advanced than I am. I can't save up any resources to advance myself either.

    Great job Kixeye, you took a fun game and ruined it.
  • arduimi
    arduimi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1
    Ever since this latest update I get attacked as soon as my bubble ends. I was a level 29 and now became level 40. By the time I repair my base and fleets my bubble ends and then I'm attacked again. This was not the case under the old levels. The level 29/40 base attacking rules need to be changed.
  • rayolaestafa
    rayolaestafa
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 45
    Arduimi, a way of getting around that is break your bubble before it does it naturally. You can always attack your enemies anyway. It gives your fleets a chance to rank up.
  • Blayne Bowman
    Blayne Bowman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 6
    Brandon Barber, Kixeye SVP of marketing says:

    "The success has been meteoric. We're a highly cash-flow positive business... (we) plan to grow exponentially in 2012. Pretty much by any measure, we've had tremendous success so far."

    "Traditionally our games will have much lower number of daily active users (DAU), but ten times higher average revenue per user (ARPU). We could easily have much more impressive DAU numbers... We're looking for higher-value users."

    "We've raised more than $15 million. We actually haven't touched that money, we're generating enough profit now to fund our growth. We're in a good position in a business perspective. The extent to which we continue to grow our games. All of our resources are being channeled into growth and expansion."
  • TheRage
    TheRage
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 69
    First thank God Kixeye listened to the Drac fleets issue.

    As to the levels remember that all player regardless if they are level 50,80,1000 lol, are all restricted by dock weight restrictions. As a former level 29 myself I was open to attack from level 34 players.

    Most old level 34 players have the best fleets, the Drac ships, all the specials etc...

    The only change therefore really is the NUMBER of players that can now attack you has increased. Again this is not really an issue as it only takes ONE big boy player to turn you into a farm.

    If anything needs to be addressed it is not the level change but the duration of the bubble after an attack. If "buddy bubbling" is the root of this change Kixeye should be able to just remove the 10 in, 10 out glitch.
  • RS3
    RS3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 21
    Brandon Barber, Kixeye SVP of marketing says:

    "The success has been meteoric. We're a highly cash-flow positive business... (we) plan to grow exponentially in 2012. Pretty much by any measure, we've had tremendous success so far."

    "Traditionally our games will have much lower number of daily active users (DAU), but ten times higher average revenue per user (ARPU). We could easily have much more impressive DAU numbers... We're looking for higher-value users."

    "We've raised more than $15 million. We actually haven't touched that money, we're generating enough profit now to fund our growth. We're in a good position in a business perspective. The extent to which we continue to grow our games. All of our resources are being channeled into growth and expansion."


    This pretty much explaines it all, doesn't it? Thank you for bringing this up. Mr. VP might have been better off to not make this a public statement. "higher-value users" = people who buy coins just to be able to play at all, as opposed to "free to play" users.

    Too bad, I was actually hoping that Kixeye had started to get a clue with the changes to the salvage. I have to wonder how much of a hit (if any) their daily cash flow took. Just backs up what many people have said, "its all about the money, not customer satisfaction". Beaucoup #10.
  • Tom Oliver
    Tom Oliver
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 7
    kixeye y am i a lvl 51 base able to hit my wifes base a lvl 42
  • RS3
    RS3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 21
    Tom Oliver wrote: »
    kixeye y am i a lvl 51 base able to hit my wifes base a lvl 42





    Anybody lvl 35 and ABOVE (yep all the levels right up to the highest) can attack a lvl 40 or above. The lvl 35-39 can still only attack in a +/- 5 range.
  • NoMercy88
    NoMercy88
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    I am a college graduate with a degree in business. I am a semi-retired business analyst/programmer with 35+ years experience. I work logic puzzles for fun. While I was working we had one guiding axiom, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Battle Pirates wasn't broken! Why did you fix it? I cannot understand the new base level structure. I was a 'hard earned' level 32 working on level 33. Now I am and 'do nothing to earn it' level 50, working on nothing. If you wanted to change the Rules of Engagement, that could have been done at the "old" level structure as well as the changes in the rules regarding bubbles. You rescinded the changes to the salvage fleets, I strongly encourage you (Kixeye) to return us to our former levels and revisit the Rules of Engagement and bubbling rules while leaving the former level structures in place. The new level structure is meaningless, absolutely meaningless and had seriously detracted from my enjoyment in the game. Thank you.
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,719
    RS3 wrote: »
    So it is just an opinion. Do you really think shouting at someone is going to somehow make your opinion any more valid? The difference is that a 31 under the old system could only be attacked by a lvl 36 or lower. Now that same 31 is a 48 and can be attacked by every player 40 and above, including the players who were lvl 37 AND ABOVE under the old system. Greately increasing the number of players eligible to attack that same former lvl 31. And also greatly increasing the level of players that can attack. What chance would that old style 31 have against an old style 39 or above. If you are perma-smashed and cannot salvage enough to pay for repairs what is the fun in playing? That has been my point all along. Touchy about that coiner thing ( you notice I said "be my guess" , that makes it clear it is only my opinion. Not a statement of fact. You have no problem insulting those who do not share your opinion. Should I recipricate in the same way? I am very good at being insulting if being insulting is the only language you understand. And I won't even break any of the posting rules.

    YOU still don't get it do you... there is no point to having all the extra ranks they are all the same, they can all attack the same levels, they all have the same equipment, there is no differential at all after level 46 there is no point to it unless kixeye introduces something new
    ...
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,719
    RS3 wrote: »
    A coiner may very well say the same thing you are, could they not? Talk in a forum is easy and does not neccessarily mean it is true. This applies in this thread as well as any other.

    So you are a coiner, I am glad for you, good luck to you - coin away i hope you will be very happy coining.
    ...
  • olly2773
    olly2773
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2
    A few days in good to see you've undone the changes to sals that were never mentioned. Now being a level 42 I don't mind losing the lower level bases as targets, they couldn't defend properly although what it will mean is those who were farms will go on in ignorance bliss thinking their base is great. It was through repeated attacks from higher levels when I was low 20's that I got the need for base structure and defence, these guys are missing out on that.

    Also I'll let you know I won't be putting one more cent into the game whilst anyone over 5 levels above me can hit me. It is an absurd and illogical position to think a level 42 base has any hope against a level 60+. It can only be a monetary decision to allow this which is so far away from providing a satisfactory game experience to your customer. I hope you realise the ill judgement in your decision and modify for above level 40 before you lose a lot of ip and coming players.
  • The_Kraken
    The_Kraken
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5
    This game has really turned into a bully haven. Sens the new changers came into play, LVL's 14 higher then me have been hitting my base ever day. I am yet to be able to get a fleet fixed to play the game as repairs can not be carried out while the dock is damaged. Was a fun game till now. What is the point of letting people destroy lower LVL players. It should be even across the board with no player being able to hit 5LVL's under there base LVL. I am now getting hit by players that were to high to attack before. It is disgusting that Kixeye promotes the behavior in an era where internet bullies push people till some one takes there own life! There is no point in playing this game anymore.
  • Randy Combs
    Randy Combs
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 2
    i have been attacked by a player and 4 hrs later he was banned
    hacked.jpg
  • capnjacksparrow
    capnjacksparrow
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 13
    While adapting to the "new" now changed back to "original" cargos, the BIGGER issue is the changed level structures.
    Maybe, those really former high level bases could not play as much as they wanted being restricted to +/- 5. But at least those on the bottom weren't routinely flattened because they could not defend themselves.
    Just how fair is it when a level gazillion base fleet even, could cruise by, decimate your fleets doing whatever, then undamaged cruise away to do it elsewhere?
    And just how was a (previous) level 27-29 base supposed to be as well set up as those over 30? With the length of time it takes to build ANYTHING high level (8 thru 10) how can proper fleets be created, or proper base structure be built, or even the labs be upgraded.
    I guess coining is where you wanted us all to be.
    Sorry, the economy dictates otherwise. And common sense does as well.
    Let's say everyone coins, then we'll all be level gazillion and there will be no differences. There would be even less reason to play then.
    Maybe a fairer way is to move the hit anything to level 50 and up. That way the rest of us have a chance to catch up.

    And PLEASE fix your stupid parser who **** "is hitting" as obscene! Good programmers can do this. Hmmm!
  • Excellium
    Excellium
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 64
    I was the old level 29. Now a 42. I had previously had a reasonably good base and been hit about 12 times in 6 months before the ranking changes. Thats fine. Some got through to the resources, some did not. I realise that at this level most are approaching their maximum lab upgrades and getting the bigger, more powerful ships. Since the changes on Friday I have been attacked 7 times in 5 days. I have been flattened totally 3 times and had 24m, 16m, and 8m taken respectively. The last time I got my resources (spent 2 hrs doing it) my bubble dropped and I lost them to the latest attack. I used to coin a little to repair and speed up upgrades. I also used to leave out a defence fleet. My policy has now changed as its madness to even try to compete with the high ranking players who have hit me, all in their 60s. So now I dont bother leaving a defence fleet out as there is no point in another 4hrs of repair time for that. My FF research has been put back countless times and I dont instant repair my dock anymore. I have stopped coining and drastically cut down my playing time. Add to that, the old targets with crap bases I used to hit are now to low to hit. Maybe a +/- change but this is madness. A very bad move Kixeye.
  • Captian Blood
    Captian Blood
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 4
    I feel that this new base level adjustment is fine but opening me for attacks by anyone over 40 is turning me into a farm for some players that could not hit me before. I was able to defend my base from total devastation from most attacks that were 3 levels higher but old 33s and 34s had their way with me. Now I will have to worry about a larger number of fleets that leave me in total destruction.
    I you were to leave the +/- 5 hitting rule people would be able to take revenge more frequently, as for now I can not attempt revenge against the lvl 50+ players. To increase the targets was a good thought but most players don't go after a challenge but after someone they can destroy with minimal damage. So the number of targets before were fine, if they would attack more competative base and not always looking for farms that provide little restistance to their base hitting fleets. They would then have to repair after attacks not not get to travel from farm to farm with little fear of a revenge attack. How many times can they attack in one day of play if they had to attacks base that are more competative. They would then need more resouces for repair and also worry of the more possible chance of revenge.
    With this post I request the consideration of your group to readjust the +/- 5 rule to allow a more competative attacks, because curently there is no competition between the lvl 50+ and most of the low end 40s. This has left the low end 40 with little to do but collect res to repair their damaged fleets lost to their feeble attempts to resist the attacks by the bullies that only attack the much lower bases.
  • shocker
    shocker
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2
    Now I am a level45 and have already been flattened by a level 59? or 57? either way, I had a good base, and although someone 5 levels higher could get a good hit on me I could atleast do some damage back. How can I hope to defend or hit back someone 12 levels higher than me? This is a lost cause and a big mistake for you to make this change and I will not be playing anymore just to be someone 10 levels higher than me's farm!!!
  • RS3
    RS3
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 21
    Drax wrote: »
    YOU still don't get it do you... there is no point to having all the extra ranks they are all the same, they can all attack the same levels, they all have the same equipment, there is no differential at all after level 46 there is no point to it unless kixeye introduces something new

    Are you saying that the old style 31 who does not yet have the dreadnaughts and such really has a chance against say an old style 39 who does have those things? That 31 may OR MAY NOT have all of those things the 39 has and yet you are trying to tell me that all above lvl 46 are really at the same level. That old style 31 is now a lvl 48 and the old style 39 is much higher. So yes, there is a difference. That old style 37 and above could not attack the lvl 31. Now they can. Are you attempting to say the old 31 has the same combat power as that old 39? They are both well over 40 now and are NOT THE SAME as you appear to claim. I suggest you attend a course on mathematics and logic. Your agument that all above lvl 40 have the same equipment defies logic. On what do you base your argument? Do you have personal knowledge of the equipment possesed by EVERY lvl 40+? If not, your argument is based on nothing more than assumptions and is vacuous. You sir, are completely wrong.

    I did buy 100 coins when I was a low level and tried to get something decent during my first raid. It was a fail, and buying those coins did little good. I am now lvl 48 and still have 11 of the original 100 coins. So in that sense yes I have coined. Also you will notice (if you bothered to actually read my post that seems to have upset you so much) I said "big time coiner". This is very different from someone who buys a few coins now and again. I refere to those who BUY their way to the top.

    I am done with this debate. May your future gaming be fun.
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,719
    RS3 wrote: »
    Are you saying that the old style 31 who does not yet have the dreadnaughts and such really has a chance against say an old style 39 who does have those things? That 31 may OR MAY NOT have all of those things the 39 has and yet you are trying to tell me that all above lvl 46 are really at the same level. That old style 31 is now a lvl 48 and the old style 39 is much higher. So yes, there is a difference. That old style 37 and above could not attack the lvl 31. Now they can. Are you attempting to say the old 31 has the same combat power as that old 39? They are both well over 40 now and are NOT THE SAME as you appear to claim. I suggest you attend a course on mathematics and logic. Your agument that all above lvl 40 have the same equipment defies logic. On what do you base your argument? Do you have personal knowledge of the equipment possesed by EVERY lvl 40+? If not, your argument is based on nothing more than assumptions and is vacuous. You sir, are completely wrong.

    I did buy 100 coins when I was a low level and tried to get something decent during my first raid. It was a fail, and buying those coins did little good. I am now lvl 48 and still have 11 of the original 100 coins. So in that sense yes I have coined. Also you will notice (if you bothered to actually read my post that seems to have upset you so much) I said "big time coiner". This is very different from someone who buys a few coins now and again. I refere to those who BUY their way to the top.

    I am done with this debate. May your future gaming be fun.

    No numpty - i asked the question what is the point of the ranks... If 46 can attack from 40 through to 87 and a 47 can attack between 40 and 87 then what is the difference??

    The answer is one is called 46 and one is called 47 and that is it and that is the way it is all the way to 87 and you cannot see that. And becuase there is no differential there is not point to having the extra numbers ....

    Unless you can prove to me it is different... and try to get your head around the fact that the old system is gone and is not coming back we are talking about the new system were everyone from level 40 through to level 87 can attack each other there is no +/-5 aprt from levels 40through 44 can attack down five as well

    try to get you head around that. That is how KIXEYE have set up, the game those are the facts and you keep harping on about an old this or that will not change how the game is now and there is no point to all the extra numbers above 46.
    ...
  • TonyKing
    TonyKing
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 27
    well this is rather funny....KIXEYE finally put some thought into an upgrade that actually benefits everyone and all we hear is whiners..well it took me a fleet of cudas and a fleet of SW's and I had mastered the new challenges, even my predators were quickly adaptable! then because of all the whiners and threat artists KIXEYE took a partial step backwards removing all the new salvs and returning the difficulty level but removing the cargo values dramatically....4 mil went to 3 mil and now to 2 mil.. Iwould like my 4 mil back please and I will put up with increased difficulty. One thing is the F v F unbubble did not occur that is very good and would have been a mistake..a low level player trying to respond to a Base beating by a high level player can get a measure of retaliation by attacking his fleets ...certainly one on my tactics is to attack all the cargo's around the bullies base..lol that way I recover much of what was plundered. I do think that KIXEYE should actually stop hacking even by big coiners and we all know they do it and KIXEYE turns the EYE off...so if you cant stop them why don't you put these players in Hackers Haven (sectors for cheats etc and let them trash each other and not permit their return to honest sectors) then you will not need to ban players , just move them to a special group of sectors..a haven for hackers and cheats..sorry that was a bit off topic.
  • Servant
    Servant
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1
    Thank you for welcoming me to your/our forum. This is my first forum post ever. I am indeed looking to help improve the game. I would like to see a graduated scale for level 40 and over that might go something like.......if a level 60 hits a level 40, the largest payoff could be 100% cargo capacity rather than a certain 500% and then moving towards a median like a 60 hits a 50 and would then realize a 250% return for his efforts. This would bring a better feeling to getting smashed by a level that much bigger. There are a lot of lower levels getting creamed and robbed by upper levels players. I have been one of these that has been grossly abused. Thank you for your time and consideration on this matter.
  • lbcusa
    lbcusa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 3
    Well KIXEYE I think you've started a time bomb and it's going to start to explode and things will start to fall apart sooner than you think. This new level system and allowing everyone above lvl 40 to attack each other will drive those in the 40's like myself out of the game. I was attacked 3 time today, the first wiped out ALL my fleets as 5 out of 8 are still in repair. The second attack came from one who is lvl FIFTY-FIVE (55), that's 15 HIGHER than me, he first wiped out my base fleet, then came back and wiped out my base, lost half of my resources. Now why would I want to go attacck someone else or gain resources just to have someone like this (and others) just to come and take it away? Well whom ever is the rocket scientist that came up with this crap, well you'll soon be losing player, and all of the time we spent for nothing. I figure that after the repair\rebuild time, I'll get hit again and again, so I'll probably be finished before the weekend is out, so I would like a REFUND of what gold I have left. I will post a final my final obit at that time and tell you all just EXACTLY how I REALLY feel about what you have done!
  • Kris Chirico
    Kris Chirico
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 9
    I really like it too... I was in the battle of my life once a week protecting my base. Now all the Level 40-45's stay in bubbles and I am home free to also pick on those little guys. In fact, I believe a few have even stopped playing because some can't even leave their bases without getting demolished. Now I just need to log in, look around for an open bubble and smash a couple of them, then log out. No more wasting fleet after fleet trying to breach defenses of a larger base. Good Job looking out for us big guys Kix...
  • The_Kraken
    The_Kraken
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5
    148 pages of people unhappy with your disgusting lvl set up kixeye! Think its a no brainier to say change it!
This discussion has been closed.