New Level Structure

• Biggie
    Biggie
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 89
    Wow, as long as it took me to grow (level 33), now i go back to bottom of the totem pole...........LOL, that is messed up.........Never got to enjoy being my current level, I took my beating let other take theirs.
    LeveL 69    F.U.N

(Farming U Next)

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." ~Balboa 
  • richard.kruzel
    richard.kruzel
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 14
    I say a bad idea on base levels. and the fleet level is too confusing at times if you want to fix the fleet level to represent the fleet strength ie a 29lvl salvage to a 32 lvl fleet that would make tier 3 seekers less confused.
    "I can assure you no whales are going to be killed today."-Paul Watson
  • ExXxXx
    ExXxXx
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 75
    Just throwing this out there and sorry if it has already been mentioned. Instead changing the current rank system to this very confusing new ranking and attack band proposal. Why not introduce some Prestige award program? It would work as used in Call of Duty, once players reach a certain level they the have an option to Prestige their account. By using the prestige, they will be rewarded with a shiny gold star/icon and/or get to keep a high level research/fleet. Also using the Prestige, they would be knocked down to level 1 again.
    A long long time ago I started BP on 5/11 in Sector 364 !
  • H4YDEN
    H4YDEN
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,219
    If this comes into play I'll only be able to attack old level 33-35 Bases. There simply aren't enough of them about to keep the game interesting. Sounds like the perfect way to put the final nail in the coffin to me
    H4YDEN
    Sectors Visited 11, 14, 61, 95, 96, 102, 103, 105, 112, 125, 128 138, 139, 144, 151, 181, 190, 191, 192, 222, 223, 232, 240, 307, 310, 314, 367, 379, 381, 394, 437, 445, 467, 476
    Started playing 21st October 2011
    Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/H4YDEN0503
    You don't need drac hulls to be good at this game, you need a brain 
  • jollebb
    jollebb
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 5
    Honestly I like this idea, if you consider the great differences between, say a 31 and a 28, with this I, for example, a 33, or any other 33, would be unable to pick on those, much easier, targets
  • kennedyj462003
    kennedyj462003
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 15
    I think this would be a great change to the game keep larger players from picking on lower players and also help larger players advance quicker I like this idea
  • Larry k
    Larry k
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 15
    why dont u just rename game to farmville and everybody be nice 2 each other no base hitting come on what r u doing 2 this game lol
    :cool: Shakin the tree Boss, Shakin the tree!!!!!
  • Hoosiers_fan
    Hoosiers_fan
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 983
    Absolutely terrible idea for higher level players.

I can understand the benefits for the lower levels, however this is severely limiting the options available to higher levels in terms of base attacks.

ALOT of LVL 33 players hit lvl 32 players, due to a lack of effective fleet design to take on lvl 33 + (partly to blame is the Goliath). Limiting LVL 33 players to only hitting LVL 33, 34, and 35 players (currently levels) will deter the hardcore gamers of this game from bothering with this anymore. Mixed with the never ending white/blue screens upon leaving a battle (this has never happened to me until after the Tactical Lab update), and the near impossibility to for normal players to take out more then 3 Goliath defenders, this game has reached an end for higher levels.

This proposal only shows the lack of regard for higher levels. Keep your lower levels, i for one am done.
    Player ID - 1537601
    Base Name: Skoe 
    Base Lvl: 60
    Sector 86
    "Every sector is a hit sector, this is a game about pirates."
  • USS_DA302
    USS_DA302
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 50
    Sorry but I dont like this. Seems to kill all the fun for higher level player hitting bases. First they kill fvf now fvb whats nexts. Why not just lower it to +/- 3 levels instead.
  • lileybug11
    lileybug11
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,133
    i think 30 upwards is just as strong as any higher lvl so should be able to be hit by 30+
    i think this is just a way to cull higher lvl players.
    it will get to the point you will be lucky to hit one base a day with the repair times unless you coin
    ..sliceNdice said:
    Raids are meant for higher level players with more capabilities. Low level and ill-prepared players can do the FM and now, the Foundry, to get tech up to date to become more competitive in raids.
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    I can see trying to stop high levels from feeding on lower level players. But once you hit lvl say 31 the base is pretty much maxed out. No difference between lvl 31 du4 and lvl 34 du 4 turrets. I think once you hit lvl 30 then it should be a free for all. Anyone above lvl 30 can hit anyone above lvl 30. This will give the lvls 29 and lower some buffer to prepare themselves for when they turn lvl 30.

DU4 is not the endpoint of tech for base defense. Turret specials research and upgrades continues well into level 32, and you can definitely see the difference that makes if you've hit a wide variety of bases between levels 31-33.
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • Deltasig
    Deltasig
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18
    Sorry, but I love this idea. Not about the implementation plan, but the overall concept is awesome
  • steve blain
    steve blain
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 97
    NOTE: Make sure you have read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply.

Greetings Captains,

The Battle Pirates development team would like to propose a new system for player levels. When reading this, keep in mind that features posted to the F3 forums are subject to change and not set in stone.

Currently, players level-up from level 1 to around level 36. Each level currently requires 40% more points to achieve than the one before it. To put it another way, you need to roughly double your points to go up 2 levels. This has several results:

• The time it takes to level up gets longer and longer making it seem like the player is not progressing.
    • The +/- 5 attack range becomes effectively ‘wider’ for higher levels as the difference in power between players at level 28 and 33 is very large when compared with players at 15 and 20.
    • End-game players cluster in a small number of levels.

We are proposing to create more player levels by decreasing the amount of points it takes to level up. The general effect of this will be to make it easier to level-up.

Please note that this proposed update will not change your point totals, only the level those points equate to.

New Level Structure
    Players whose level is below 18 will not see a change to their level. Higher-level players will see their level increase. The higher level you are, the more your level will increase. Use this list to see what your new level would be:

1 => 1
    2 => 2
    3 => 3
    4 => 4
    5 => 5
    6 => 6
    7 => 7
    8 => 8
    9 => 9
    10 => 10
    11 => 11
    12 => 12
    13 => 13
    14 => 14
    15 => 15
    16 => 16
    17 => 17
    18 => 18
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87

Salvage Fleets
    Draconian salvage fleets will be renumbered as well to make them compatible with the new level structure. We may add some new salvage fleets to fill in the larger gaps between levels.

Level Brackets (players you can attack)
    Players are currently restricted from attacking rival players more than 5 levels +/- from their own level. With the new level structure, we want to change this attack rule to use level brackets. Basically, you will be able to attack any player that is in the same level bracket as yourself. For example, if you are a level 57, you can attack any player that is level 50-59 (see below). This new system will allow all players to take turns as the top-level player in their bracket, without the possibility to be attacked by higher-level players.

Suggested Attack Range Bands (based on the new levels):

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-99

The level bands widen at the higher levels to provide more targets due to there being fewer high level players.

Q & A
    Why do this now?
    We feel the issues of the current level system have reached a threshold that has caused us to raise the priority of the adjustment.

I’m a low level player, why is my level staying the same while high-level players’ levels are going up?
    The current level structure works well for the low level players. It specifically loses its accuracy for the high-level players.

Will the new level brackets reduce the number of players I can attack?
    We have compared the new level bands with the levels of the players in the game and feel that, on the whole, players will be able to attack the same number of targets.

I will end up at the bottom of a level bracket; doesn’t this make the game harder for me?
    It might seem that way, but actually the answer is “no”. Currently, you are always at the mercy of players 5 levels higher than you. With this system, you are guaranteed time at the top of your bracket as well, when very few players will be strong enough to attack you.

How will I know when I move level brackets in the game?
    We will add notifications to the game that will let you know when you move between level brackets. We will also post the level brackets on the forum so you can plan for when you are about to change brackets.

Why change the attack level range at all? It was fine the way it was.
    A lot of other online games that have PvP use level brackets for which players you can engage in combat. No system is perfect, but this one has a proven track record.

Feedback Requested
    This new system is being proposed with the intention of providing a better experience for all players. We value your feedback on whether you think this would make the game more fun for you. We expect the new attack level brackets to be the most impactful change, so please be sure to tell us not just IF you like/dislike it but WHY you feel that way. Make sure you comments are constructive, and you just might help shape this feature.
    i dont like this idea i just want it to be the same
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Okay, while I realize you guys are trying to help lower levels and promote the sustainability of those that are new, coming into the game in a hopes they will spend money.

Try this instead. Go with the current level range in terms of what people can hit... in fact expand it to +/- 8 levels. And then implement the xp requirements that you have proposed here. That should do more than enough to insulate the lower levels AND insulate the higher levels from getting bored from lack of targets to hit.

A bracket system is a bad idea all around since it would effectively mean that people who are now of a certain level could NOT attack below it all. Not even 1 level.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox

"Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • --Mz--UC
    --Mz--UC
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 92
    What is this supposed to help? the lower level players can hit eachother as much as they want to. But as soon as you get to level 30+ you will have limited bases available to hit.

That is just it..Lower levels want the higher levels to open cargo so they don't have to work.. If they do get attacked they cry & post coords for higher levels to attack, they won't do it...They don't want to be hit/attacked, they want it all easy.. We say no...WE payed our dues, let them pay theirs..Let them play the way it is or go play farmville..
    It's MzCapn if yer nasty! ;)
  • Trailer Trash
    Trailer Trash
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 16
    Why don't you just create nursery sectors for those that feel they are not ready to out into the big bad seas and leave the levels as they are else i feel this will have a total adverse effect on the higher levels, what are they supposed to do....wait 6 months for someone to level up ??
  • Ironclad
    Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 560
    NOTE: Make sure you have read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply.

Greetings Captains,

The Battle Pirates development team would like to propose a new system for player levels. When reading this, keep in mind that features posted to the F3 forums are subject to change and not set in stone.

Currently, players level-up from level 1 to around level 36. Each level currently requires 40% more points to achieve than the one before it. To put it another way, you need to roughly double your points to go up 2 levels. This has several results:

• The time it takes to level up gets longer and longer making it seem like the player is not progressing.
    • The +/- 5 attack range becomes effectively ‘wider’ for higher levels as the difference in power between players at level 28 and 33 is very large when compared with players at 15 and 20.
    • End-game players cluster in a small number of levels.

We are proposing to create more player levels by decreasing the amount of points it takes to level up. The general effect of this will be to make it easier to level-up.

Please note that this proposed update will not change your point totals, only the level those points equate to.

New Level Structure
    Players whose level is below 18 will not see a change to their level. Higher-level players will see their level increase. The higher level you are, the more your level will increase. Use this list to see what your new level would be:

1 => 1
    2 => 2
    3 => 3
    4 => 4
    5 => 5
    6 => 6
    7 => 7
    8 => 8
    9 => 9
    10 => 10
    11 => 11
    12 => 12
    13 => 13
    14 => 14
    15 => 15
    16 => 16
    17 => 17
    18 => 18
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87

Salvage Fleets
    Draconian salvage fleets will be renumbered as well to make them compatible with the new level structure. We may add some new salvage fleets to fill in the larger gaps between levels.

Level Brackets (players you can attack)
    Players are currently restricted from attacking rival players more than 5 levels +/- from their own level. With the new level structure, we want to change this attack rule to use level brackets. Basically, you will be able to attack any player that is in the same level bracket as yourself. For example, if you are a level 57, you can attack any player that is level 50-59 (see below). This new system will allow all players to take turns as the top-level player in their bracket, without the possibility to be attacked by higher-level players.

Suggested Attack Range Bands (based on the new levels):

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-99

The level bands widen at the higher levels to provide more targets due to there being fewer high level players.

Q & A
    Why do this now?
    We feel the issues of the current level system have reached a threshold that has caused us to raise the priority of the adjustment.

I’m a low level player, why is my level staying the same while high-level players’ levels are going up?
    The current level structure works well for the low level players. It specifically loses its accuracy for the high-level players.

Will the new level brackets reduce the number of players I can attack?
    We have compared the new level bands with the levels of the players in the game and feel that, on the whole, players will be able to attack the same number of targets.

I will end up at the bottom of a level bracket; doesn’t this make the game harder for me?
    It might seem that way, but actually the answer is “no”. Currently, you are always at the mercy of players 5 levels higher than you. With this system, you are guaranteed time at the top of your bracket as well, when very few players will be strong enough to attack you.

How will I know when I move level brackets in the game?
    We will add notifications to the game that will let you know when you move between level brackets. We will also post the level brackets on the forum so you can plan for when you are about to change brackets.

Why change the attack level range at all? It was fine the way it was.
    A lot of other online games that have PvP use level brackets for which players you can engage in combat. No system is perfect, but this one has a proven track record.

Feedback Requested
    This new system is being proposed with the intention of providing a better experience for all players. We value your feedback on whether you think this would make the game more fun for you. We expect the new attack level brackets to be the most impactful change, so please be sure to tell us not just IF you like/dislike it but WHY you feel that way. Make sure you comments are constructive, and you just might help shape this feature.

This will lower the amount of people i can hit to near 0 if it stays -/+5 levels it should stay the way it is i would only be able to hit people 1 lvl below me (old system) and there are not many lvl33s about PLEASE DO NOT MESS UP THE GAME
    So coining is cheating is it??  REMEMBER I coin so YOU can play for free noob!!!!

EVERY TIME I SEE A PLAYER COMPLAINING IN THE FORUM ABOUT BEING 20 LEVELS LOWER AND BEING ATTACKED I DESTROY 20 LEVEL 50 BASES

• Fleet
    Fleet
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 65
    BAD IDEA/REALLY BAD IDEA

As a new 33 lvl player I have worked long and hard to get where im at, and had to take the abuse and punishment from the upper lvl players and that is how i learned so well, this idea is bad for the end outcome of the game and you will lose clientell over this change, i say let the lower lvl players deal with the same thing we all went thru,i mean really I can only hit 33 thru 35 players now, come on get a grip.very un balanced game play will not keep peeps interested.

thank you for letting us in on some more of the unasked changes.
  • shark92976
    shark92976
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 255
    Ok so im a level 33 player currently.....WIth the proposed changes of a 50-59 range, I would only be able to attack 34's and 35's...........which I rarely ever see......So I guess I wont be attacking any bases anymore.....Might as well hang up the game then.
  • Kenny Kramer
    Kenny Kramer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 48
    Only the lowbies who havent invested time to buil fleets and bases and spent cash like this ....no competitive players who actually spend $$$$ or even profit your company agree ...truth of the matter is .... its a battle game , I'm sure people get upset when they cruhed , due to the amount of time it takes to build anything , but making it so the higher levels who have spent their cash in this game , now have nothing left , will cost your company alot. Think it out kixeye .... the long run means no bueno , the people have been telling you to stop this for a while .
    ----The loving and caring Insector Farmer ...Signed sincerely with peace and love "STFU"
  • someone_you_know
    someone_you_know
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 286
    attack range makes no sense!

i am lvl 33, that will make me lvl 51.

i'm in attack range 50-59

are you saying i can't hit anyone lower than me!!!
    [QUOTE=The R.;2809885]The insolent ignorance and atrocious arrogance Kixeye has yet again displayed here beggars believe, and proves, once and for all and beyond the shadow of a doubt, that they do not care the least, tiniest bit about their customers' opinion. [/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=silentraeth;2207352]However this is Battle Pirates and Kixeye, the company with a unicorn for a logo, is in charge of it.[/QUOTE] 
    [QUOTE=Hast at work;2153477]THIS is the bullshit you people have been cooking up while your core gameplay gets staler than a mummies ****. [/QUOTE]
  • Angrybeard420
    Angrybeard420
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 575
    I would have to agree with what many have already said. I am level 33 right now, I do (though rarely) hit level 28s my favorite food is actually anything over level 30. With this new level system I wouldn't be able to hit anyone that is currently level 30, wtf?? Also, with the new "level brackets" if you were lets say a lvl 29.. Everything you would hit would be lower level than you and then when you hit level 30 you would only be able to hit people higher than you!? Whatever the devs are smoking, I REALLY want some cuz that must be some grade A ****!
    Ouch
    Lvl 59 --I can be a lvl 3,547,201 and I'll still hit lvl 40s--
    Raid Prizes Collected: DN, SSa, Goli, SC, HHa, DNx, BC, HHb, Jugg, MCx, Thresher, Merc
  • YellowBeard_383
    YellowBeard_383
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 262
    Dublin wrote: »
    instead of changing the whole thing why not just make it 5 up and 3 down.

WOW,what a novel idea,something that makes way more sense.Sorry Swag I think you guys are about to screw yourselves out of a job if you keep implementing things that a lot of your players are totally against.We all hated the graphics,complained and left them anyway (except for the ships and base weapons,I have to say thanks for at least doing that),complained about the tactical lab,got it anyway.So now the players that stuck it out and was getting farmed from level 25 to 30 or so depending on how fast we got DU4 and better base weapons are now faced only hitting bases near our own levels.Lots of players are hating all of this because of the fact that the hulls that they worked hard for are becoming main stream and now the ones who stuck it out and made it to level 32 or so are getting screwed.When is Kixeye ever going to start listening to the players?If your going to do something for the players why doesn't Kixeye release a Forsaken version of something similar to the dread and work on the constant SOS's,white screens,blue screens and the glitches?Please listen to your players.
    Level : 74 Home Sector : 383
    Current Sector : 362 Sectors Visited : 1,253,433,495,228,382,362,231,290,154,413 Hulls Won : All but limited and Jug X Winner of BI6 in sector 383
  • RedheartB
    RedheartB
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 30
    Noooooooooooooo -

Well im a 32 with levl 28 fleets because I spent most of my time on my base ....So with this I will not be able to hit a base in my range so im sure that my time on this game is slowly coming to its end I understand you have to make things seem like this game is moving forward but this is getting to the point that the people that started this game with you are not happy heck I love this game but every time you add something you have more and more glitches (Blue screens ,white screens ,sos, can't lock on bases ,etc ) when I started playing this game I thought it was awesome today I feel less apt to get excited because of all the new things you have brought in to this game ...Don't get me wrong change is a good thing but sometimes to much change is well to much ...:confused:
    Redheart_DS

One Bad **** pirate wench ......
  • jan__y
    jan__y
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 20
    ...When reading this, keep in mind that features posted to the F3 forums are subject to change and not set in stone. ...

This way is the right one ^^^ if you want to listen to your community. Thumbs up for that.

I think, your considerations about making the game more fair hit the mark of many many players
    around lvl 26 to 31, who are the biggest part of your community, I guess.

Go ahead with that. I'm game.

P.S. I think, in the future, you should put each big change on the F3 Forums, before you launch it.
  • Brendan T
    Brendan T
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 250
    so... we can only hit 1> or <1 but level easier??
  • Archerftard
    Archerftard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 93
    OK Glixeye, I don't like it.

Show us where this train of thought originated because you aren't reading suggestions from the people paying your salaries.
    1) A second dock will aid us in repairing / building and cost you coins, so that's out.

2) Giving is a tech lab so you can make coins from players wanting the new toys, that's in. Where'd that come from, not the player suggestions.

3) Shortening repair / building times would cost you coins - out.

I have to figure out how you make more money changing the level structure because that's all Glixeye is about. You don't fix glitches because those glithes kill fleets and you make coins from our repairs. Hmmmmm why change?
    "Appropriateness of player and alliance names is part of the game.  You'd know that if you weren't being such a ducktard !"
  • KenG99
    KenG99
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 362
    Currently I hit level 30 - 34. There are plenty of these to hit. The problem will be, being a level 34, I won't have as many targets in the past, correct? Since I don't FvF that often, this sounds like there won't be as many bases to hit? I could be losing level 31's and level 32's. Doesn't leave much, does it.
    KenG99 BP Level 63
  • Kinger
    Kinger
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 69
    I'm a lvl 27 at the moment and don't like getting attacked by a lvl 32 as there is a huge difference in strength. I would think that number system (levels) could be left alone and just change the +/- ranges. Since you believe the system works well up to lvl 18 leave the +/- range at 5 for these players. As an example lvl 19 to 26 could have a range of +/- 4. and for those at lvl 27 or higher could be limited to +/- 3. This should be fairly easy to implement and the salvages and Drac outpost would not need to be altered.

That's my 2 cents...

Kinger sector 374, born in 424
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    attack range makes no sense!

i am lvl 33, that will make me lvl 51.

i'm in attack range 50-59

are you saying i can't hit anyone lower than me!!!

No, you can hit lower.. just not lower than a 50 and not higher than a 59.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox

"Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
This discussion has been closed.