New Level Structure

• kIldall
    kIldall
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 214
    Bpda macca wrote: »
    would that make it unfair as a lvl 33 could not hit anyone lower than a 33 not even a 32 and where i am just now theres lots of 32s but only 3 33s
    it makes it unfair for a lvl 36! how many 36 you see in your sector! maybe one if any! there really not thinking this thru. imagen all the money they will lose from the high levels due to there being no bases to hit ! why even play once yr 36!
    D.O.A
    CHINGON-CRIZ

sectors visited
    7 16 20 45 139 143 145 144 146 147 154 160 191 198 201 220 224 236 255 267 269 271 310 323 365 375 380 464 489!
    Any alliance whose purp
    ose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless
  • smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 261
    One problem with this is i have been working my azz of not to be a farm for higher levels im a 32 almost a 33 with this changes I wont be able to farm since im at the bottom of bracket. I Worked my azz off to get to the point i'm at now your saying i have to work it off again so higher levels wont level me. How about lowering the amount that you can hit lower then you say to 3 and you can hit anyone higher then you so a 25 could hit a 32 you may see people working together so you may see say 3 to 5 level 25s working to take out a 32. This would help those that worked to be more then a farm and not putting them back to a farm. the brackets would not let the bottom of it to hit anyone and i don't think that is right to do. ex sample i have a good base I know i wont keep all out but to get this you have crap fleets so you cant hit back most of the time. so bottom of brackets = no one to hit to gain.
  • Max Last
    Max Last
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,254
    Level 33, about to pop 34. Gotta say it makes sense to me. I still think a better solution to the level range would be basing who you could attack on fleet level, that way you could keep weenie fleets to deal with harrassers, but that would probably be confusing. So not a bad solution.
    Back to my exact same spot:  Tower west, sector 7. coords 3631,461
  • Davebase
    Davebase
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 20
    vciaccio wrote: »
    I am a level 33 based on this system i will only be able to hit 33 34 and 35. Are u kidding me, basically my game is over. I was smashed daily by higher level for about a year and now its my chance to do some smashing and you say i can only hit my level and up. This game has gone down the crapper

I totally agree!
    It would be fair to change the +/- 5 levels to 3 levels above and under your own level.. instead of this completely new and not logical system
  • Chris Arthurs
    Chris Arthurs
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    i think we should b able to hit one bracket above n one below what we will be in. this new system cut all my farms out of reach, i mean come on, lookin at this system means i can only hit one lvl above me.
  • Radarcivi
    Radarcivi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 281
    NOTE: Make sure you have read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply.

Greetings Captains,

The Battle Pirates development team would like to propose a new system for player levels. When reading this, keep in mind that features posted to the F3 forums are subject to change and not set in stone.

Currently, players level-up from level 1 to around level 36. Each level currently requires 40% more points to achieve than the one before it. To put it another way, you need to roughly double your points to go up 2 levels. This has several results:

• The time it takes to level up gets longer and longer making it seem like the player is not progressing.
    • The +/- 5 attack range becomes effectively ‘wider’ for higher levels as the difference in power between players at level 28 and 33 is very large when compared with players at 15 and 20.
    • End-game players cluster in a small number of levels.

We are proposing to create more player levels by decreasing the amount of points it takes to level up. The general effect of this will be to make it easier to level-up.

Please note that this proposed update will not change your point totals, only the level those points equate to.

New Level Structure
    Players whose level is below 18 will not see a change to their level. Higher-level players will see their level increase. The higher level you are, the more your level will increase. Use this list to see what your new level would be:

1 => 1
    2 => 2
    3 => 3
    4 => 4
    5 => 5
    6 => 6
    7 => 7
    8 => 8
    9 => 9
    10 => 10
    11 => 11
    12 => 12
    13 => 13
    14 => 14
    15 => 15
    16 => 16
    17 => 17
    18 => 18
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87

Salvage Fleets
    Draconian salvage fleets will be renumbered as well to make them compatible with the new level structure. We may add some new salvage fleets to fill in the larger gaps between levels.

Level Brackets (players you can attack)
    Players are currently restricted from attacking rival players more than 5 levels +/- from their own level. With the new level structure, we want to change this attack rule to use level brackets. Basically, you will be able to attack any player that is in the same level bracket as yourself. For example, if you are a level 57, you can attack any player that is level 50-59 (see below). This new system will allow all players to take turns as the top-level player in their bracket, without the possibility to be attacked by higher-level players.

Suggested Attack Range Bands (based on the new levels):

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-99

The level bands widen at the higher levels to provide more targets due to there being fewer high level players.

Q & A
    Why do this now?
    We feel the issues of the current level system have reached a threshold that has caused us to raise the priority of the adjustment.

I’m a low level player, why is my level staying the same while high-level players’ levels are going up?
    The current level structure works well for the low level players. It specifically loses its accuracy for the high-level players.

Will the new level brackets reduce the number of players I can attack?
    We have compared the new level bands with the levels of the players in the game and feel that, on the whole, players will be able to attack the same number of targets.

I will end up at the bottom of a level bracket; doesn’t this make the game harder for me?
    It might seem that way, but actually the answer is “no”. Currently, you are always at the mercy of players 5 levels higher than you. With this system, you are guaranteed time at the top of your bracket as well, when very few players will be strong enough to attack you.

How will I know when I move level brackets in the game?
    We will add notifications to the game that will let you know when you move between level brackets. We will also post the level brackets on the forum so you can plan for when you are about to change brackets.

Why change the attack level range at all? It was fine the way it was.
    A lot of other online games that have PvP use level brackets for which players you can engage in combat. No system is perfect, but this one has a proven track record.

Feedback Requested
    This new system is being proposed with the intention of providing a better experience for all players. We value your feedback on whether you think this would make the game more fun for you. We expect the new attack level brackets to be the most impactful change, so please be sure to tell us not just IF you like/dislike it but WHY you feel that way. Make sure you comments are constructive, and you just might help shape this feature.

Ok so I am going to try to be as constructive as possible on this....
    1) This is a HORRIBLE Idea for the higher levels especially for those that are basically your bread and butter players. I won't even mention how much I have spent on this game but its significant. How am I supposed to play the game if I can not hit anyone while being a 36?
    2) Secondly the power gap between High level players and Mid level players is not that intense if the players focus on rule #1 in BP, Build your base up before you focus on your fleets.
    3)Punishing the higher level players for the ineptitude of the lower players is just wrong....So to the folks that have been playing for the past year to two years you want us to sit out until someone catches up?

Proposed Fixes
    1)Set the bands so that the levels(under current levels) 1-10 can hit each other
    then so 11-18 can hit each other. then so 19-25 can hit each other then 26-29 can fight. Which forces them to build their base 30-31 can be hit by players up to 34. And then 32 and up is a free for all. By this time everyone should have their bases up to the point that they can hold us end game players as you like to call us out.
    2)Add tie ins to the strength of your base to what you can do with your fleets.(IE you cannot build Hammer C unless you have all Level 4 Turrets researched)
    3)Institute a remedial section so players can go to build and learn while not getting owned but give us higher level players something to do to pass the time while we wait on those lower players to come out of class so to speak.
    4) If all else fails REFUND THE HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS SINCE YOU TOOK AWAY our Ability to play this game. We should not be punished in this manner
    Darkness
    LEVEL 90Originally posted by Xandemere
    So, what's fun about this thread is the admission of hacking on an alternate account, but unfortunately you neglected to realize that this forum account has the same registered email address as your primary Facebook & Battle Pirates account.
    Whoops.........
  • The Dizzle
    The Dizzle
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 27
    Instead of the band, why not let all players attack all levels above their own, and up to 5 levels below? That will give lower level players a chance to experience the wrath of some higher level base designs, and POSSIBLY beat them. The bands will severely restrict higher level players who reach the bottom of their next band. And for alliance wars (when that update is released) why not let the members of each alliance hit any member of their opposing alliances? In war, there is no boundary for who can attack what.
  • kasper
    kasper
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 64
    grate sounds like u found a nover way to **** up somfing grats cary on and u will be out of a job how bout this u dont **** with it if it ant broke
  • D D
    D D
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 785
    would it not have been smarter to cap lvl at 35 and any points made when you hit 35 go into buying some new things that only 35s can get use your points to trade would mean killing the end game

open a sal for someone it will feed his wh for an hr teach him to open his own and he will feed his wh for life 
  • Guch
    Guch
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 78
    I think this is really not the way to go , first of all most people in the 30 - 35 bracket all have the same weapons ships etc.. The advantage that the higher level players have is that they normally have more ships. There is no reason that the current layout should be changed we all have lived with it this long and has worked.. sure some people complain but we all had to pay our dues.
  • kIldall
    kIldall
    Minor Nuisance
    Radarcivi wrote: »
    1) This is a HORRIBLE Idea for the higher levels especially for those that are basically your bread and butter players. I won't even mention how much I have spent on this game but its significant. How am I supposed to play the game if I can not hit anyone while being a 36?
    2) Secondly the power gap between High level players and Mid level players is not that intense if the players focus on rule #1 in BP, Build your base up before you focus on your fleets.
    3)Punishing the higher level players for the ineptitude of the lower players is just wrong....So to the folks that have been playing for the past year to two years you want us to sit out until someone catches up?

Proposed Fixes
    1)Set the bands so that the levels(under current levels) 1-10 can hit each other
    then so 11-18 can hit each other. then so 19-25 can hit each other then 26-29 can fight. Which forces them to build their base 30-31 can be hit by players up to 34. And then 32 and up is a free for all. By this time everyone should have their bases up to the point that they can hold us end game players as you like to call us out.
    2)Add tie ins to the strength of your base to what you can do with your fleets.(IE you cannot build Hammer C unless you have all Level 4 Turrets researched)
    3)Institute a remedial section so players can go to build and learn while not getting owned but give us higher level players something to do to pass the time while we wait on those lower players to come out of class so to speak.
    4) If all else fails REFUND THE HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS SINCE YOU TOOK AWAY our Ability to play this game. We should not be punished in this manner

well said Steve!!
    D.O.A
    CHINGON-CRIZ

sectors visited
    7 16 20 45 139 143 145 144 146 147 154 160 191 198 201 220 224 236 255 267 269 271 310 323 365 375 380 464 489!
    Any alliance whose purp
  • Lee Manning
    Lee Manning
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 70
    Perhaps once say lvl 40 has been reached it would be better to make it u can attack 10 either way
  • THE_GINJA
    THE_GINJA
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 174
    I agree with 2-3 level range for up to 31. How about 32 can hit within 2 levels, 33 can hit within 3 levels, 34 within 4 levels, and 35+ within 5 levels? I agree with making it so that players level 32 or up can't hit below 30 but as a 32 I can honestly say I wont get stronger only being allowed to hit lvl 31 and 32 players. Not only that but what is the incentive to get to lvl 35 or 36 so that you can maybe find one or two bases to hit in a sector? The lack of bases available to hit for upper level players needs to be addressed in the proposed system.
    GiNjA
    lvl 140
    PNLS
  • Lois
    Lois
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 2,124

Proposed Fixes

Bravo. Very well said.
    LadyLois
  • Hipper
    Hipper
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 19
    I (lvl 32) expect to end up as as lvl 50 according to the new level structure. There aren't many targets worth attacking out there.
    Worth attacking means getting more resources than the repair costs.
    And why should the "younger" players shall have it easier than us ?

If the gap is to wide, then either make it +-4 or later 3, or give them more defense towers.
    For us high lvl players, base defense is a nuisance. Even if leveld and having lost 30 Mio in resources. So what .... Wait till the dock is clear, and go salvage hunting. 6 lvl 33 or 12 lvl 29 and the loss is history. And if you're not stupid, too lazy or unlucky (glitches...), those salvages cost you nothing in repair.

Hipper
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348

1 => 1
    2 => 2
    3 => 3
    4 => 4
    5 => 5
    6 => 6
    7 => 7
    8 => 8
    9 => 9
    10 => 10
    11 => 11
    12 => 12
    13 => 13
    14 => 14
    15 => 15
    16 => 16
    17 => 17
    18 => 18
    19 => 20
    20 => 21
    21 => 23
    22 => 25
    23 => 26
    24 => 28
    25 => 31
    26 => 33
    27 => 35
    28 => 37
    29 => 40
    30 => 43
    31 => 45
    32 => 48
    33 => 51
    34 => 55
    35 => 59
    36 => 65
    37 => 71
    38 => 78
    39 => 87

Salvage Fleets
    Draconian salvage fleets will be renumbered as well to make them compatible with the new level structure. We may add some new salvage fleets to fill in the larger gaps between levels.

Level Brackets (players you can attack)
    Players are currently restricted from attacking rival players more than 5 levels +/- from their own level. With the new level structure, we want to change this attack rule to use level brackets. Basically, you will be able to attack any player that is in the same level bracket as yourself. For example, if you are a level 57, you can attack any player that is level 50-59 (see below). This new system will allow all players to take turns as the top-level player in their bracket, without the possibility to be attacked by higher-level players.

Suggested Attack Range Bands (based on the new levels):

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-99

then i would not be able to hit a current level 32 with these brackets, lower brackets may be ok but i would say current level 31s and over should be able to hit each other no limits
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 261
    36 => 65 can only hit another 65
    37 => 71 can hit either 71 or 78
    38 => 78 same as above
    39 => 87 can only hit another 87

how is this going to make more bases to hit ??

in the 30s and 40s you would only be able to hit two levels

with the above said how can you say "The level bands widen at the higher levels to provide more targets due to there being fewer high level players. "
  • eric s legion
    eric s legion
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1
    I have read and dont like. It will b good for the lower lvls. What about us higher lvl. It leaves us with no 1 really to hit. I disagree with it. And most likely will quit the game if u make those changes.
  • defeter23
    defeter23
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,822
    I dont really like this idea.

I feel you are listening to the lower level whiners who cant build a base.

Personally i like level 30s and + sometimes coming into my base (level 27) just to watch their fleet go home.

I will reserve final judgement for if/when it gets implented,but at this time it isnt looking to hot.
    Insert witting signature here
  • Radarcivi
    Radarcivi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 281
    well said Steve!!
    They trying to replace us heavy players.....Guess its time to retire TheDarkness and go back to the Xbox lol, They want the legends out of the game I see it coming.
    Darkness
    LEVEL 90Originally posted by Xandemere
    So, what's fun about this thread is the admission of hacking on an alternate account, but unfortunately you neglected to realize that this forum account has the same registered email address as your primary Facebook & Battle Pirates account.
    Whoops.........
  • Angrybeard420
    Angrybeard420
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 575
    if you're gonna change everything up can you also change it so that lower lvl players can not attack higher lvl salvages?
    Ouch
    Lvl 59 --I can be a lvl 3,547,201 and I'll still hit lvl 40s--
    Raid Prizes Collected: DN, SSa, Goli, SC, HHa, DNx, BC, HHb, Jugg, MCx, Thresher, Merc
  • Antifreeze
    Antifreeze
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 390
    That will be booring for the higher levels that are only capable of hitting 5 levels below and higher when the gap between level 33-34 is like 4-5, THis means we can only hit 1 level higher/lower? bargh.
    Base Invaders 2 - 3.Place (Sector 271) Dammage points = 13mill
    Base Invaders 3 - 1.Place (Sector 302) Dammage points = 18,4mill
    Base Invaders 4 - 1.Place (Sector 302) Dammage points = 20mill
    Base Invaders 5 - 5.Place (Sector 302) Dammage points = 13,2mill
    Base Invaders 6 - 3.Place (Sector 216) Dammage points = 19,4mill
    "Expect the unexpected and be the unexpected."
  • black_knights
    black_knights
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 12
    With this consideration of changing levels are you trying to keep the lower players that are getting hit frequently from leaving the game? Frankly, it is a pirates game... like joining the Navy and refusing to fight in a war. Let those lower ranking players work like the rest of us to gain the achievements we have earned. Too many higher ranking players will be so limited, what would be the goal for players to achieve? The higher they climb the ladder, the less bases they can attack?

I concur with others - How about fixing the problems currently in game - the blue screens when leaving a battle, or dropping you back at your base instead of where your ships are located in the map screen. The window freezes where you end up closing the browser and restarting it again, log into FB, log into the game, go to the map screen to watch your fleet on it's way home from being destroyed - by a salvage.

Running this game in an iframe sucks - you know it - FB is still in the background taking up valuable CPU time and giving players their "notices" someone 'likes' their picture. Get enough of these notices and you will see BP freezes on us. Take the game and get it off FB to your own servers. This may help you in the long run as you are in it for the money... or it may be your demise it you don't.

Just my opinion, sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings.
    User ID is: 3521897
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
    Wasn't it Swag that once said higher level players are suppose to have it easier, because that's the whole point of having a level system?

Everyone has to climb to get to those higher levels, those that are already there clawed there way up under the same system that it's place now, so it's not like it can't be done.

You gave us the lame excuse for not adding the dry dock feature because "Older Players" would be upset, totally wrong. However in this case, the "Older Players" would be upset, and those are people who have been playing the longest or coining the most, why would you want to piss them off?

With as many glitches as there still are to be fixed and as many other features players have asked for (DRY DOCK hint hint hint), why worry about trying to "fix" something that isn't broke?
    Treenail wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • kIldall
    kIldall
    Minor Nuisance
    They trying to replace us heavy players.....Guess its time to retire TheDarkness and go back to the Xbox lol, They want the legends out of the game I see it coming.
    Going to be a very sad day if and when this goes down! I hope they take the feedback and make it right!
    D.O.A
    CHINGON-CRIZ

sectors visited
    Any alliance whose purp
  • fubar1971
    fubar1971
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 487
    this seams like a fairly good idea, but keep the + or - 5 lvl hitting range, it will help keep people at the highest levels interested in the game. and yes, i would be lvl 51 or possibly even lvl 52 under the proposed new level system.
    battlepirates
    sector 189
    level 64

war commander
    sector 28
    level 28
  • Sharpton
    Sharpton
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 232
    Instead of these artificial limits based on the base's level you go with a fleet level system? Meaning regardless of base level you can attack any base so long as the fleet you use is an appropriate level (I.E. If I am lvl 34 I can attack a lvl 6 so long as I use a fleet that a lvl 6 can build (i.e. marauders and long boats)
    LIE of the DECADE!

“It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” That’s where we are laser-focused.”
    “If users are more engaged, they naturally spend more money.”
    “We don’t throw the ecosystem out of whack. A free player who spends a lot of time in the game has as much chance as a whale who spends a lot of money.”
    “It’s all a balance ecosystem.”
    ~ Will Harbin     [VentureBeat - March 16, 2012]
  • ark
    ark
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,056
    i mentioned this a few days ago about how the level system could be changed my idea was different but this one is better and i have to say wow im impressed kixeye u are really stepping up the game i hope u have more updates like this keep it up.
    Warrior_Angel...level 30...sector 491...my base location:294174,72
    BI 5: winner of strike cruiser...BI 6: winner of HH-A

http://support.kixeye.com/mail/
    The only thing this changes for you, if you are a high level player, is hitting bases so low that you have no business hitting them. What's the phrase... try picking on someone your own size?
  • --Mz--UC
    --Mz--UC
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 92
    You have got to be kidding me...The cry babies are messing the whole game up totally...Where were these when i was little...smashed every time my bubble dropped...Let them have the same as we did.. Don't give in to the crybabies now . Let them take the hits and grow as we all had to do!~
    I vote no freaking way!
    It's MzCapn if yer nasty! ;)
  • Danny Todd
    Danny Todd
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 31
    Nice move kixeye now if you could fix all the glitches it would be nice. after all the more changes you make the more glitches you have. with this new idea I am severely restricted to who I can hit I have less targets now. sucks
This discussion has been closed.