New Level Structure

• P3B
    P3B
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 23
    I agree completely! This is coming from a 28. Crybabies always ruin everything!
  • jonny cabbage
    jonny cabbage
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,345
    is this being brought in because of all the whining on forums from lvl's 25-29 crying about being farmed?

• sean m
    sean m
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 486
    ok i can fully understand a 33 attacking a 30 or up to a 36 or higher but 33 attack only 32 or 34? thats totally unreasonable, ive been to sectors where i was the only one over 30 and none lower
    i say u propose to fix lags .please and ty
  • Ian Smith
    Ian Smith
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 190
    koolkat wrote: »
    Would like to see how it has a proven track record. I think it will be a good ideal in the long run, but as of right now it will be very confusing and some people will not be able to hit anything at all with this system. A lvl 36 is in the 60's a 35 is 59 and a 37 is 71. With there being few of the 36's around who is he going to attack??

+1 to this going to be awfully boring for me currently level 35, I go up 1 level and I cant attack anyone except people who were 36 before. Allowing 1 bracket up or down would be better.
  • TeamDeadPool0
    TeamDeadPool0
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 204
    Wait so when I hit lvl 36 I've pretty much beat the game and I can quit??.........
    Try lvl 31 up as its own bracket... a lvl 31 base can max out of defense the same as a lvl 37 base, even fleets can be maxed out by 31 if they coin. Higher levels only means they've played longer usually and brought in more resources over that time.
  • coolkid12239
    coolkid12239
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 51
    firstly i dont wanna be the lowest in the bracket and have all 6 levels being able to attack me, someone 6 levels ahead is gunna HURT, the first idea already sorts the problem, the second makes it more worse than better
  • redmanandrew
    redmanandrew
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2
    I dont understand the need for this change?

Could you not make this game more fun, at the moment I'm a level 32 and cannot build ships fast enough, it takes 18days to build a SC? Where is the fun?
  • BOHICA
    BOHICA
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 41
    CM SWAG,

I have always been a supporter of this game and it has been fantastic, but I know for one that if you guys do this than I will be quitting the game... I am already a level 35 and now your telling me once I hit level 36 I wont have a soul to hit in this game... Its hard enough finding other level 33-35 players to hit, let alone level 36.... You folks might want to remember who the coiners are in this game, its your high level players that want to have everything, its not these little people that don't spend a dime.

BOHICA_IKY
    Currently Sector 72
  • Bil H
    Bil H
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 14
    As a current level 32, I'm already having a hard time finding bases to attack. There are less and less players that progress to the higher numbers, mainly due to extremely long research and build times in everything! It's not the attacks making people quit, it's that it takes so damned long to do anything at higher levels. People get bored and quit. I think you'd find you'd have a higher percentage of gamers if you fixed basic issues like lag (it's great to say it's our fault, but it's an across the board problem...when everyone but you has the problem, it's a real problem) and build times on things. Right now, I'm so behind in building ships that it's not fun. Combine not fun with having very few bases to hit and other players to attack...it's not a fun game anymore, and people move elsewhere. You need to keep folks interested by allowing a comprehensive, fun game past level 25. The higher levels are boring because you can't get anything done! With your proposed level changes, you're making that situation worse, not better. None of the basic issues will be fixed, and now I'll have less things than I do currently to enjoy. At that point, what's to prevent lots of people from just being bored and jumping ship to Mafia Wars or other games? Fix the basics first - keep the game free flowing and fun. Don't move in the wrong direction with unwanted "features".
  • kIldall
    kIldall
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 214
    thats great im almost 36. this sucks! i only been in a sector with a 36 maybe t times n there in my alliance,
    D.O.A
    CHINGON-CRIZ

sectors visited
    7 16 20 45 139 143 145 144 146 147 154 160 191 198 201 220 224 236 255 267 269 271 310 323 365 375 380 464 489!
    Any alliance whose purp
    ose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless
  • n0s_speed
    n0s_speed
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 3,636
    LMFAO i just realized that those higher levels are limited to hitting bases....for example a level 34, like me, would be limited to hitting bases levels 33 and up (in the current level structure). so no more levels 30s, 31s and 32s for me.

the proposed levels 1-44 brackets work, but i may i suggest levels 45+ can go free for all? level 45, should be able to hold off any higher levels.

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-99
    In Game Name: n0s_speed
    Alliance: DOA
    Level: 66

• jaredgabby
    jaredgabby
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 16
    If this is implemented is effectively kills the game for me and many others. As a 33,34 you can attack 33-35s only. When you find other high levels like this there is usually a couple or a few per sector, imagine having one farm, using 2-3 fleets to get in, and waiting 2days to try again. Do you care about keeping your customers or the focus is on bringing in new only? Why fix something that is not broke, when I was 25-29 I found many ways to keep people out of my base and got farmed a bit too, welcome to a war game. If peeps are whining because they are getting farmed relocate, build a better base or fleets, make your attacker pay for each hit on your base so they look for easier bases, or DON"T PLAY A WAR GAME. :)

Hey Kixeye, how are those glitches and bug fixes coming along?
  • ivano
    ivano
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 110
    the only problem is the how wide the bracket is, change it from +/- 5, to +/- 3, that is all that has to be changed, we do not have to introduce new levels and that is completely useless. and for those who are whining, tough it out just like the rest of us have, when you reach lvl 30 then you can have your own fair share of farming lvl 25s.
    Attachment not found. Just a little LOL from the fans of Kixeye. No offence intended
    UncleMike wrote: »
    The Kixeye company motto is "The customer is always wrong."
  • coolkid12239
    coolkid12239
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 51
    just realised, if your the lowest, WTF ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO HIT TO LEVEL UP !!! you would be stuck at lowest for a long time !!
  • Liam-99
    Liam-99
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2,112
    Lol poor old highlander will only be able to hit level 37s plus.

anybody level 36 currently will only be able to hit other level 36s.

Is Will Harbin pranking us.

the world number 1 player will basicly only be able to hit himself lol. great one kixeye.
    Join my weekly show on YouTube and follow us on Facebook as we discuss all things BP....The Forsaken Council. 
  • Sprouts
    Sprouts
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 3,716
    YES.

And to everyone who thinks that wishlist posts are posts that have gone off to die: I suggested exactly this a few weeks ago and hey, here it is!

Cons that I can see:
    1. Salvages and mines getting renumbered yet again. We just got used to the last renumbering. :p But for this new renumbering, could you make it so that the fleet level inside the battle is the same as what it says on the outside? Right now a level 29 salvage has a level 32 fleet in it.

2. I'm not completely sold on the brackets idea, since +/- 5 seems like it would work just fine with the stretching-out of the top of the scale. It's more continuous now - you can always attack weaker people, and at the same time there's always stronger people who can attack you. And someone can always do a payback hit on your base if you hit their low-level friend's base. With brackets, you'd have to wait for someone at the top of their bracket to level up before anyone could hit them, which would certainly change how we do payback hits in my area at least.

[This post written without having read any other feedback in this thread.]
    (\(\
    (o.o)
    (")(")*
  • SOFAkingHIGH
    SOFAkingHIGH
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2
    This is a very poorly thought out idea. It would severely restrict the number of bases that can be hit, especially by higher levels. I wouldn't mind seeing a "level expansion" where there are more levels, but keep the +/- of five levels to hit, or even just the minus five levels.

Not everyone has the best fleets, as some folks focus on base defense first, and attacking later. I end up hitting 3-4 levels below me most of the time, because my base attack fleets just can't handle most bases at my level.

Implementing this would effectively eliminate base hitting for me until about November, when new fleets could be completed. Not sure I want to essentially play "Salvageville" for two-three months.

Take some time to think this out before implementing it, PLEASE.
  • D D
    D D
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 785
    would that make it unfair as a lvl 33 could not hit anyone lower than a 33 not even a 32 and where i am just now theres lots of 32s but only 3 33s

open a sal for someone it will feed his wh for an hr teach him to open his own and he will feed his wh for life 
  • Bob from 45
    Bob from 45
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 107
    This is a crazy idea.... it will vastly limit the number of players I can attack... At the moment i can attack anyone level 29 to 39..... under then new system I will be limited to 33 to 35. That's rubbish! I'll spend most of my time trying to look for players to attack.... this is crazy! leave it alone, if it's not broke, don't fix it, and it isn't broke!
    Bob from 45
    See you on the high seas
  • D D
    D D
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 785
    id have to agree with you on this at least to help keep some balance

open a sal for someone it will feed his wh for an hr teach him to open his own and he will feed his wh for life 
  • wayne28
    wayne28
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 107
    With the proposed level changes I think the +/-5 should stay instead of the proposed bracket system. With these new levels if would almost be the same as keeping the current levels and lowering the attack range to +/-2 (rough estimate). The bracket system will cause huge issues at the higher levels.
  • ceencee
    ceencee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 43
    freparkng wrote: »
    I don't like it for one reason, this will give me less bases to hit. I'm lvl 32 and very rarely hit a base 5 below me. I think I have the concept of the numbering system that you may place, example, 32.0 32.1 32.2 and so on your just going to call them 48 49 50 etc. This will allow me to hit Current Level players as me, = Less bases.

I believe it would be easier to decrease the current system from + - 5 to 3

I agree, Decreasing the current system from +/- 5 to 3 may solve the problem that you are trying to fix, plus it will be a lot easier to follow and understand.
  • Nathan Burrows
    Nathan Burrows
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 13
    freparkng wrote: »
    I don't like it for one reason, this will give me less bases to hit. I'm lvl 32 and very rarely hit a base 5 below me. I think I have the concept of the numbering system that you may place, example, 32.0 32.1 32.2 and so on your just going to call them 48 49 50 etc. This will allow me to hit Current Level players as me, = Less bases.

I believe it would be easier to decrease the current system from + - 5 to 3
    I'm with you in the sec im in their is almost no one to hit as it is this will just make it even less.
    Bloody-Red-DS lvl 29
    ID:1535014
    Base Invaders 4 winner won at lvl 28
    Base Invaders 5 winner won at lvl 29
    In sector 438
    Group DS
    want more info on Bloody-Red-DS go to
    http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Bloody-Red-DS
  • jonny cabbage
    jonny cabbage
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,345
    n0s_speed wrote: »
    LMFAO i just realized that those higher levels are limited to hitting bases....for example a level 34, like me, would be limited to hitting bases levels 33 and up (in the current level structure). so no more levels 30s, 31s and 32s for me.

the proposed levels 1-44 brackets work, but i may i suggest levels 45+ can go free for all? level 45, should be able to hold off any higher levels.

• 1-9
    • 10-19
    • 20-24
    • 25-29
    • 30-34
    • 35-39
    • 40-44
    • 45-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-99

good idea, deffo better than ''their'' idea

• mark.wright.507464
    mark.wright.507464
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 82
    Not sure a change is needed. We all got through our 20's by getting spanked by higher levels. Seems the new age just want to play farmville.
    So a 33 becomes 51 with a hit band of 50-59, ie can only hit a current level 33/34/35. A 36 becomes 65 so can only hit a 36 ? Why not look after the farmville era of BP players and limit the hit range to 3 either side, ie a 33 can hit 30-36, will have a similar effect and will cost alot less to implement - gold accepted for my ingenious idea (take some off for the sarcasm early in the post :p)
    Teccie_Locust
    :crying:
  • Matt Harding
    Matt Harding
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 59
    I like the idea -- very nice, Kixeye
  • Davebase
    Davebase
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 20
    No No No,
    This will meen i can only attack level 31 and 32 ( current level system ) because i'm level 32
    Didn't all high levels go through a period of crap due to getting hit by higher level players?..
    I think it will only make you a stronger player. And to minimize the attack options brings benefits to lower levels but most
    certainly a lot of disadvantages for higher level players!:confused:
  • vciaccio
    vciaccio
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 90
    I am a level 33 based on this system i will only be able to hit 33 34 and 35. Are u kidding me, basically my game is over. I was smashed daily by higher level for about a year and now its my chance to do some smashing and you say i can only hit my level and up. This game has gone down the crapper

grasssmoker lev 33 and F'ed
  • Bunny Hunter
    Bunny Hunter
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 527
    one og the first idead that i agree with, finally thinking about the little guy. Now, when is it going into affect??

• Made u ship ur pants
    Made u ship ur pants
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 454
    i think its unfair for a lv33 hitting a 28 but to limit it to same level isnt right also. I think once u hit level 30ish u should have most if not all ur base stuff done and just lacking behind in ship builds. There isnt much difference hitting a lv32 base then a 33 base other then maybe a better guard fleet inside. I'm at level 33 half way to 34 and i have hit players at lv36 and theres no difference in there base then a lv33 other then maybe dreads in it. so i think it be better off to limit it to 30 and up 25 to 29
    20 to 25 and so on down.

But keep in mind since u will change this more players will be building ships now when they in the old farm zone (lv25 to 29) instead of working on there base defense and there towers so u will make a weaker level 30 player.
    rank 82,,,,,,,,,,,,,, name Made you ship ur pants,,,,,,, allly NBK
This discussion has been closed.