The Base Planner

• Bobby Anderson
    Bobby Anderson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 6
    would like to see the the tiles changed to diamonds so we can get right out to the boundary or change the boundary to a square so we can build r bases better and would save land not have to make stupid zig zag bits at boundary. also like to see gun range on base editor the ability to move base set up left ,right up down be a square at a time in case u run out of room at 1 side.
  • Zac Crigger
    Zac Crigger
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 12
    Ok i think this will help an lot let u save 4 base's show the turrent ranges and GIVE US MORE LAND!!!
  • TRUCID0
    TRUCID0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 364
    This will be a great improvement to the existing method of base design. one request increase land from 85 to 87 which would allow easier movement of buildings.
    I hate foul language as it has no place in any game!
  • gypsea
    gypsea
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 5
    new ideas are all well and good but how about sorting out all the glitches with the game first. just lost all my fleets due to sos screen every battle. I spend enough on the game without having to spend more because of all these errors !
  • Bobby Anderson
    Bobby Anderson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 6
    be nice to be able to send base designs to ur friends as well so they don't have to sit and copy ur design if they want it
  • Captain Blood
    Captain Blood
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14
    What about some new base weapons and adding new blueprints to the salvage fleets? for those already having found all the blueprints its become a bit redundant, plus we could always use new weapons and armors......
  • Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 191
    Ok i think this will help an lot let u save 4 base's show the turret ranges and GIVE US MORE LAND!!!

More land would be Great. How about this. After a player hits OP5, no mater what level, they then get maybe 2 squares or even one square of land for every new level they reach? It would be an incentive to level up and also slowly let a player add to his or her base so they have more room to place buildings. This way, when you come up with a new "Lab" or some other building, the player will have somewhere to put it on land , instead of having to make it a floating platform, like the new lab we just got.

How about giving us a larger outer boundary to build new base ideas. It would only have to be maybe 4 squares or so larger wide and tall.

I also like the idea of a storage bin in the designer, so that you can put all your buildings and walls in and pull them out as you need them to place them on the new design. I think someone said Backyard Monsters has something like that... and maybe this could also be introduced to the game so when you are doing a minor base change you have somewhere to put the buildings you are moving and not have to rip up your land squares for somewhere to temp put them and not leave a hole in your outer defences.

SO to recap;

1 a way for us to gradually get more land, say for each level we increase, or even for every 2 levels after OP5 is achieved.

2 a larger area to build our base in, by expanding the current boundaries by 4 or more sq horizontal and vertical.

3 a storage bin to store buildings and walls while redoing your base in the designer, and maybe this could also be introduced to the game.

Oh and one more idea, this may already be part of what you are planing, but;

The designer lets you take a copy of your base and work on it while your base stays exactly the same, once your done in the designer, you save it and then use a "Swap" button to take your current design into the designer and saves it, so you can go back to it, and takes your new design and puts it in place of your current one. So there is no danger of being attacked in the middle of a redesign while you have all your defenses down. So you are actually designing "off to the side" and not working on your real base. But the designer should still have the storage option.
    Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    User id 520125, 
    OS Win Pro x64 Sp2 
    Adobe Flash 11.6.602.171
    Browsers: Mozilla 28.0 , Google Chrome  25.0.1364.97
    CPU  AMD Athlon ll x3 450 3.21GHz, 7.50 GB of ram.
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Video Card
  • Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 191
    Pogo1027 wrote: »
    1) I find it somewhat annoying that when i redesign my base, i have to move the labs to their own little island on the furthest point of my base just so i can start building the new design.
    2) there are probably 3 designs that i would use
    3) not that i can think of at the moment
    4) Here's an idea to speed up the process of rearranging the base: add a feature to the base planner that allows you to move your pre-existing buildings off of your base layout into a storage container. it doesn't delete the buildings, but instead it would be a sort of bag that holds your buildings off on the side while you start placing land tiles in the places you want them to be. this feature would eliminate the need to to constantly place buildings in different location to add/erase land tiles

I agree with everything above. I would also like to see a way to get more land and a larger area to build our bases....
    Kapitan Unbarmherzig
    User id 520125, 
    OS Win Pro x64 Sp2 
    Adobe Flash 11.6.602.171
    Browsers: Mozilla 28.0 , Google Chrome  25.0.1364.97
    CPU  AMD Athlon ll x3 450 3.21GHz, 7.50 GB of ram.
    NVIDIA GeForce 6200 Video Card
  • Adrian232
    Adrian232
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 147
    The one feature I would like is to be able to save a base layout and retrieve it later.
    “The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
    - Ayn Rand
  • Terry F
    Terry F
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 9
    Having more tiles would be nice but the design planner would be nice if there are no surprise like someone said a backdoor that opens and can't return to previous design. A limit on design stored of 3 to 5 would be ok if you wanted to make a change delete one stored. Will the planner be able to set everything in the place you designate automatically?
  • Drew Welch
    Drew Welch
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 14
    we need more land...some people are not so good at base designs and have a REALLY hard time creating a decent base espeically when we have to have a certain amount of land to put our buildings on. its a pain in the a$$ especially when it comes to having corners that HAVE to be put together just right while we are moving stuff around
  • ShortBusRider
    ShortBusRider
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 38
    so where is this base planner?
  • Tofu953
    Tofu953
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 177
    Drew Welch wrote: »
    we need more land...some people are not so good at base designs and have a REALLY hard time creating a decent base espeically when we have to have a certain amount of land to put our buildings on. its a pain in the a$$ especially when it comes to having corners that HAVE to be put together just right while we are moving stuff around

re-read the original post. it says that in the planner, you will be able to move land tiles around while ignoring the buildings. then after the land tiles are in place, you can move your buildings how you please and then when you are done, you click save and finish and poof thats what your base looks like.
    so where is this base planner?

not in the game yet, it is in the Future Features section of the forums for a reason
    i stole this from Bpda macca who stole it from captdread who stole it from It_Is_Da_XxStephenxX its mine now
    Venom - Battle Pirates
    Current Sector: 66 - - - Home Sector: 66 - - - Sectors Visited: 238, 427
    BANNED AFTER HAVING MY ACCOUNT HACKED - Complete BULL SH*T.. just saying..
    User ID: 4273737
  • TheSeaDragon
    TheSeaDragon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 129
    Just a thought... Let's say you are working on a base design and you are in the middle of designing and let's say you get attacked. What happens? It would make sense to use original design. But, what happens? How do you get from the designing area to the battle zone? Just thoughts...
     Battle Pirates is dying. 
  • therealsmurf
    therealsmurf
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 102
    *the most cumbersome part of the game is the wall removall and placement also a option to clear the base of all resorces and weapons,advanced lab etc with the option to recover them and not have to start afresh with upgrading them * that depends on what the offending attacker is using i would say 4 (1) balistic base defence,2 (2)penatrating defence and (3)explosive defence, and the 4 i would say would be a combination of all 3 * no centering my base would be enough the option to have more land tiles than we have at present 10 more tile would be a bonus
  • Jaboti
    Jaboti
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 28
    I would like to be able to have a 360 view of my base.
  • Daniel Grotz
    Daniel Grotz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 116
    I recently read in the forums that you guys fixed the bug that allowed damaged buildings to move so that they now cannot be moved. This You should bring this back in some way with the base designer so that people can stat creating a new base sooner instead of waiting for all their building to heal to impliment a design.
    EX: My base is hit and one of my building is going to take 10 hrs for repair. I would not be able use the base designer to create and use a base design for 10 hrs. due to my building being stuck in a certian location. This senario would create a major flaw in the usefullness of the base designer. I wouldn't be able to use it for 10 hrs. making it not very useful if I can't sue it much. I could mabey create a design but not be able to use it for a long time and if my bubble pops before the building heals or before I have time to log in and implimets the design before Im hit again then the base designer does me no good since I can't actually use it.

(Also: Apologies if this was already brought up. I didn't look through any of the posts to see if it was already said.)
    Do you love God, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? If you do, put this in your sig.
    Jesus will return here and save those who have faith in Him. I believe in His second coming.
    I am telling this to spread the word.
  • Ft_Mackinnac
    Ft_Mackinnac
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 27
    Man ... If you JUST do what you have outlined without trying to do too much .... JUST make it work and I would be in heaven. Just do it straight forward, not fancy ... Again ... just make it WORK,,, and that is perfect
  • TF141 SAS NORTON
    TF141 SAS NORTON
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 11
    Isn't it about time you lot at Kixeye gave us a time & date when this base planner is going to be rolled out. Surely you have enough comments from everyone to know what they are wanting.
  • Nigel M Bailey
    Nigel M Bailey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 304
    The ability to have several designs saved so you can rotate some base designs and revert to say up to 5 saved designs although this feature should only be enabled IF you have a bubble or IF you havnt been attacked for 2 hours or something simmilay to stop people changing their base layout in between a prep and a base hit.
  • Derick420
    Derick420
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 28
    anyone know when this base planner is coming out this here battle pirates?
    is it gonna be like the base planner on backyard monsters?
  • travis chambless
    travis chambless
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 45
    most cumbersome for me not enough room in side the diamond to set up the base i want to try out. i prob would save about 4 or 5 base layouts. and centering your base and moving it may be a nice to use and the one thing that maybe nice to have is a weapons range checker like a ship u can put a weapon on it and test the base with for sniping other than that all sounds good to me
  • Sient Runing
    Sient Runing
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 42
    i wish there was a way to rebuild from scratch without have to recycle, and rebuild, would be nice if this allows you to change base, and build from scratch, great idea.
    More land titles would be awesome as well, might even add a few default base ideas that can be modified to personal taste.
    also it would ne nice to be able to spin your base in a 360 to be able see all views of base
  • nazykiller
    nazykiller
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,167
    kix dont overthink it cause you always screw it up, just do what u did to BYM and I expect half of that (will b ok )

silly stuff that you did for walls made no sense ( still dont understand why would someone spend effort and resources on an update like that !! )
  • OneEyePhil
    OneEyePhil
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 15
    don't allow any saved bases, if u wanna change your base, do it by hand everytime
  • boss1
    boss1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 193
    yay my idea is going to happen llol
  • Corruptpawn
    Corruptpawn
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 4
    I think having several base designs could be useful.... especially if you are online when being attacked you could switch base layout if peeked at... or even if base hit and if you change before second or third hit... you might be able to actually defend base with this feature.

One wish for base design is the ability to rotate base on screen....
  • GFD150
    GFD150
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 30
    Now i think the base planner is a awesome idea. Any idea when it will come out?
    Peter Lokey
    Battle Pirate Name GFD
    Level 29

Sectors,
    Born In 127
    Visited 290, 369
    Currently In 127
  • Gary Hale
    Gary Hale
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 19
    Great idea! Just hope it doesn't get lost on the "Coming Soon!" shelf! Really a needed item by almost all of us. This and a drydock or second ship build slot need to be top priorities IMO. I dunno how coral reefs and sun on the water reflections, etc were higher priorities than these two desperately needed features! Give us something to work with and we'll reward your efforts by continuing to play!
    Level 55 Home Sector 390
    Raid Prizes won: Hurricane, Goliath, Spectre, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Dreadnaught X, Juggernaught, Interdictor, Light Cruiser, Halo Missle, and a partridge in a pear tree.
  • Brian Goguen
    Brian Goguen
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 19
    I seen many base designs I've liked to copy but every time i tried to build it it comes out wrong.this is usually due to not knowing the starting point on their base. it would be great to move current build up,down, left or right as a whole. this would allow for running out of room building in one direction,or have a auto center feature on the base. One of the biggest regret i had was when we lost the graph like lines that helped judge ranges in game a graph feature in base would show you exactly where you are and how much farther you can build. Many of us have friends that we would like a base like their and a copy base button would work. But if you were to ask what the biggest pain is of every pirate when it comes to moving the base around and every player will tell you is where to put the building while your moving things around.
This discussion has been closed.