The Base Planner

• arghhhhmatty
    arghhhhmatty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 77
    Moving land while a res gen or walls or turrets is on it would be very helpful. maybe put all your labs op and whs into storage while you make the design then take them out and put them in afterwards, set it up where you have to put them back out ;). Anyway, definitely a good feature that should be added really REALLY soon, as I am one that likes to thinker or alter my base set ups a lot. Would be very helpful when moving walls that autowall feature.
  • Raptor1027
    Raptor1027
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 720
    will the base planner allow you to save a design without implementing the changes? kind of like saving a paper to your computer before you print it out. its something you can keep going back to before you hand it in

• Azazel
    Azazel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 135
    Any idea when we might see this come out?
    Azazel - Lvl 33 - current sect, noneya

Hang on! This is gonna be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!

New system lvl 51
  • TwistedM1ND
    TwistedM1ND
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 86
    • Aside from the issues already addressed above (building/tile placement & walls), what do you find is currently the most cumbersome aspect of base design?

Only what you have there.
    • Realistically, how many different, saved base layouts would you actually use?

4 would be enough, one for previous, one for current and to future designs
    • The default setting for the Base Planner is to always center your base (like centering your text in a Word document). Would you have any need for the Base Planner to allow you to left or right (north/south) justify your base?

nope
    • If you were to request one additional feature for the Base Planner, what would it be?

Apart from a drag/draw and drop feature with walls and land tiles, i think it would be great to be able to build your base square on, not like it is now, being about to rotate the hole screen and grid while designing your base to tweak it perfectly..

and being able to store all building while you map your land tiles
    TwistedMiND - free Agent lol
  • Tag32
    Tag32
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,714
    Kixeye, please consider setting up a base as a skill and do not remove this from the game by simplifying it too much. Yes a planning tool could be helpful and add to the game, but it is going to be a fine line between saving some time (time that can't be bought BTW) and using it to attract new players. Please keep an eye on things that are designed to improve the game and not just to appeal to players that may come and play.
    It sickens me that every time I think about this base planner I try to figure out how that makes money... In an interview Will had commented that the game comes first, and they worry about that.. and the players just pay to speed things up... Please stick to that business model, and shut us all up when we start feeling bad about the future of the game.
    If your not paying for what you use, your not the customer.... your the product.
  • bbankovich
    bbankovich
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 6
    I like the idea too. In The base planning mode a rotate viewing option of the base would be an asset. Being able to see your base all the way around before you put in play would be fantastic
  • Brett Bomber Howse
    Brett Bomber Howse
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 16
    no offence kixeye.... how about you guys fix the glitches b4 you add more stuff or change stuff. You guys blame our comps for all our in-game probs, my missus bought a new comp, less than 3 months ago. on that comp the game is totally unplayable, i can honestly say that i can see why non-coiners call you glitcheye.......fix the god **** problems b4 you add more crap..... i almost bet the big coiners dont have these problems. ban me i dont care somebody has to stand up to glitcheye!!!!!
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 503
    no offence kixeye.... how about you guys fix the glitches b4 you add more stuff or change stuff. You guys blame our comps for all our in-game probs, my missus bought a new comp, less than 3 months ago. on that comp the game is totally unplayable, i can honestly say that i can see why non-coiners call you glitcheye.......fix the god **** problems b4 you add more crap..... i almost bet the big coiners dont have these problems. ban me i dont care somebody has to stand up to glitcheye!!!!!
    i agree i have man friends who cant play battle pirates on their computers but they can play world of tanks which is much larger world of warcraft mine craft and much more. You have not gotten any better than when you started. If youd actual fix the friggen glitches and bugs im sure you would get alot more people coining because then they would realize "hey this game is actually worth using my money for"
    Noobs stop making stupid idiotic post and let the know it alls do the talking lmao have a nice day. :D:lol::)
  • Burke
    Burke
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,005
    I don't have the energy to read 409 posts on this topic, so if the following has been said already, just consider this another vote of support for the idea.

A base planner that allows you to rapidly change to a design that you have developed in a designer would be great because it would solve the problem of being stuck with bad intermediate layouts. However, it should have some sort of "cool down" period, like 30 minutes between design switches, so you don't end up with players rapidly switching back and forth between designs with entries on opposite sides, for example, between steps in a multi-stage attack to prep bases.
  • Ramon Maldonado
    Ramon Maldonado
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 31
    I welcome the ability to make changes to my base since I was foolish (in the beginning) to not read your forums and made a regular "FARM" base. I read, listened, learned since then, but the process is cumbersome. I'm willing to purchase a few days of protection in order to make the base layout changes I feel would benefit me most. I hope that there would be suggested patterns for OP4 and OP5 bases to choose from. Please make this happen soon, I see that the initial POST is dated 2011, maybe before THANKSGIVING Holidays, so that there will be one more thing to be thankful for.
  • Tag32
    Tag32
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,714
    Burke wrote: »

A base planner that allows you to rapidly change to a design that you have developed

Don't plan on it being a rapid change, everything in the game has a clock.. It will prob not involve res, but expect it to be timed like a ship refit..

I would expect each tile of land to have a set time as well as each building.
    If your not paying for what you use, your not the customer.... your the product.
  • slimit1
    slimit1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 16
    How bout an extra shipyard or maybe just a refit yard? We all struggle with the lengthy time it takes to make a ship. The dreads are taking up to 17 days per ship. Please give us something to make the game a little more fun as we wait and wait for the paint to dry on our new boats. Thanks
  • Derick420
    Derick420
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 28
    anyone know when they are gona come out with this base planner thing?
  • Derick420
    Derick420
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 28
    anyone know when they are coming out with this base planner thing? im in need for some redecorating.
  • Zanther
    Zanther
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 181
    Well, from the looks of the last update, I'd say before the end of the month? I also have some major redcorating to do. Tried to fix it and just messed up and just don't have the time nor paticance to do it the way it currently is.
  • Goat-T
    Goat-T
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,213
    Base Planner:

*Able to store up to 3 design layouts.

*Storing buildings while moving things around.

*Moving walls in rows.

*Being able to move a certain area. ex.(Moving a turret with its surrounding walls as a whole)

*Having different colors for walls to represent a distinction between one another.
    (Same for turrets as well as what type of weapon they have.)
    *Rotate base design.

*A grid layout.

Just about everything I could think of. I hope ye like it.
  • Stormraven
    Stormraven
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 65
    That is simply one of the best ideias ever....
  • Mark Wilson
    Mark Wilson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 114
    swag please tell us when is this going to happeni really wanna know cuz this will help out alot
    BATTLE PIRATES
    SECTORS 132,131,208,437,175,3
    NAME: KILLER_KLOWN-IB LVL:43
    RAID PRIZES: NOT TELLIN xD

u wanna whine about me hittin u ill hit u again
  • Striped Wolf
    Striped Wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 26
    i would like to see more land and more tiles as all that gets implumented is ship stuff and its making it harder and harder to defend a base so the base planner would be great but turn the tiles so its not a diamond or give more tiles to work on would help aswell so we can make bases to defend i know all will say have a gaurd fleet but if ur low lvl and not got Goliath or some thing simaliar its hard to make a base u can defend so maybe like i said turn the base layout to squeere or add more tiles then it makes it harder for base attacks
  • FreeRaider47
    FreeRaider47
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 14
    o.O You guys finally came up with something that might actually be useful. Amazing. I am impressed. Sorry about being a little on sarcastic side, but when I face very long repair, build, and research times to get things I would like to have just so I don't get the crap kicked outta me, I get a like that. Anyway, it sounds really good and look forward to it. Oh and clean up the sectors. Seeing a lot of leveled or what i call "rubble" bases around. (Abandoned bases), or bases new players started then decided they didn't like the game. Thanks.
  • Marauder666
    Marauder666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 39
    NOTE: Make sure you have read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply.

We want to give players a more streamlined method for designing bases.

We are currently working on early designs for the Base Planner. This interface will allow players to open up a planning grid on which land tiles and buildings can be arranged. When you are finished with your design on the grid, you can save your design, and execute the changes to your base with one click of the mouse.

One of areas of base design that can be the most time consuming is wall placement. There will be a feature, currently dubbed “autowalls”, that will allow users to easily reposition many wall segments at one time. This feature will automatically detect the correct wall segment that visually matches the direction the wall is facing. Once a wall is placed, you can manually change the visual type of an individual wall segment.

The automatic function of “autowalls” will be disabled on existing walls to preserve existing base designs. Newly constructed wall segments (including those placed in the Base Planner) will be automatically oriented by default. We will be removing the 3 different shapes of walls from the Build menu and replacing them with the single, more universal shape.

In addition, we’re making sure to give players control over when their base configuration is saved. Experiment with illegal setups along the way - the tool will validate your changes when ready, as opposed to every single step along the way. This should dramatically speed up the time required to rearrange bases, while also encouraging people to experiment with different base layouts.

As this is a feature being developed heavily on player feedback, we want to make sure that we are giving you as many utilities as possible. Please take the time to answer some of these questions:
    • Aside from the issues already addressed above (building/tile placement & walls), what do you find is currently the most cumbersome aspect of base design?
    • The default setting for the Base Planner is to always center your base (like centering your text in a Word document). Would you have any need for the Base Planner to allow you to left or right (north/south) justify your base?
    • If you were to request one additional feature for the Base Planner, what would it be?

Excellent update Swag!........

- i'd love to see this happen..The walls are the worst to re-arrange as well as not having a "staging area" to place tiles while your building. Or make the tiles even smaller so you could place and form better canals or turns.

- How many bases designs i would use in this feature would be prolly between 5-10 for a change of scenery, but realistically 5 bases would suffice for me.
    «MàräüÐér»
  • plzdonhakme
    plzdonhakme
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 956
    how bout one for wc now
  • Hokage Uzumaki
    Hokage Uzumaki
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5
    This is a great idea and i can't wait to use this new feature. It is so hard and time consuming to change you base once you have all your building lvled up. Walls are the worst when it comes to changing your base.

BP Name - Hidden_Leaf_DP
    Current lvl - 32
  • brownsfan019
    brownsfan019
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 304
    Zanther wrote: »
    Well, from the looks of the last update, I'd say before the end of the month? I also have some major redcorating to do. Tried to fix it and just messed up and just don't have the time nor paticance to do it the way it currently is.

Agreed 100%. No time or patience for working on the base currently.
  • TRu Sandman Cd
    TRu Sandman Cd
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 58
    This is a great idea and very much need right now base design is very clumsy and hard to use. because you have to work around your building and walls that no one wants to delete with the time it takes to upgrade them just so we can redesign our bases and you can't just move them off to the side while changing your land blocks around on the map you are stuck trying to move as much as you can on to small pieces of land blocks so you can remove other blocks and put them in other places you want not to mention that you have to put thing down in the right order some times removing other blocks just to put them back down in a order that it will let you just to have the same out come you could have had the first time if it would have let you originally saying all the time you can't have a channel that small. This i understand but when it won't let you connect two pieces when it should this is a problem.

But i am very Glad to hear that you are working on this with a better way to be able to redesign our bases can't wait to see this one come out when can we expect it

u4ovidgpgaaf.png

• boss1
    boss1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 193
    thats what i came up with :D
  • Fros-t
    Fros-t
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 347
    NOTE: Make sure you have read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply.

We want to give players a more streamlined method for designing bases.

We are currently working on early designs for the Base Planner. This interface will allow players to open up a planning grid on which land tiles and buildings can be arranged. When you are finished with your design on the grid, you can save your design, and execute the changes to your base with one click of the mouse.

One of areas of base design that can be the most time consuming is wall placement. There will be a feature, currently dubbed “autowalls”, that will allow users to easily reposition many wall segments at one time. This feature will automatically detect the correct wall segment that visually matches the direction the wall is facing. Once a wall is placed, you can manually change the visual type of an individual wall segment.

The automatic function of “autowalls” will be disabled on existing walls to preserve existing base designs. Newly constructed wall segments (including those placed in the Base Planner) will be automatically oriented by default. We will be removing the 3 different shapes of walls from the Build menu and replacing them with the single, more universal shape.

In addition, we’re making sure to give players control over when their base configuration is saved. Experiment with illegal setups along the way - the tool will validate your changes when ready, as opposed to every single step along the way. This should dramatically speed up the time required to rearrange bases, while also encouraging people to experiment with different base layouts.

As this is a feature being developed heavily on player feedback, we want to make sure that we are giving you as many utilities as possible. Please take the time to answer some of these questions:
    The wall placement like you said is one of the most cumbersome,along with really not having enough land tiles even with op5.I would use about 10 different ones so when I got hit I could just flip to a new design.The more options for this the better.Some base designs require the base to be offset.You can look at mine for a example.This is because of the room we have along with the number of tiles we have.In order to keep something like a blitz fleet out you need lots of twists and turns which can lead to a offset design.This is also why we need more land tiles.For the extra feature I would say not to make it a building but add it as a feature in build or just add it next to the build button.This will keep us from using up more land tiles and having something else we would have to wait to repair so that we could flip to a new design.
    Fros-t
  • thomasthetank
    thomasthetank
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 541
    Please do not allow the saving of more than 1 design. If I travel 30 mins to get to your base, and your layout sucks, fix it. If you aren't good enough to stop me, too bad, but just the right to save and throw in a new design at will is ridiculous. If someone actually gets in my base, I don't whine, I don't beg Kixeye to give me a saved stockade of base designs, I find whatever weak point can be fixed and fix it. Probably why my base is good. It's been fine tuned over the last several months using the same design with minor tweaks, learning from mistakes.
    Used to have fun here.
  • Hankthe4th
    Hankthe4th
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 12
    HI Kixeye, after the update if i select Auto rotate on and directional wall it changes it to a corner piece, is this allowed?? is yes then all the walls in my base will soon be corners pieces.

I know it wont affect the damage but cosmetically it may look cool

Please let me know.
  • Aaron Winchester
    Aaron Winchester
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 102
    When do you guys plan on having this ready?
This discussion has been closed.