The Base Planner

• MsBetty
    MsBetty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 21
    The biggest issue for base design is that you can only upgrade one thing at a time. You cannot upgrade your turrets. You cannot upgrade more than one lab at a time. This causes frustration because of the build time. I think it would be much better if you could have more than one thing at a time upgrading or building.
  • Kaz Gold
    Kaz Gold
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2
    1. I would like to be able to turn my base AND base plan by 90 degrees at a click.
    2. A tool that would allow me to place a marker for a missile (or other weapon) -showing maximum range of current games missiles-around my base so that I might better place weapons to better advantage rather than sitting trying to work it all out and shuffling everything along a bit after a mate has tested the base for me.
    3. I would realistically use 5 base layouts but would like to see some basic templates set for the more common shapes, saving a good bit of time on moving bits of land.
    4. I would like to be able to move the base around on the planner, any way I wish.
    5. additional features-to minimize labs we dont use anymore so we can use the land to increase our base and make it harder to enter as we level up.
    6. have a goody shop where we can save res a bit at a time for special extras like an extra turret or extra land square, extra weapon.
  • evey71
    evey71
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 15
    LEAVE the walls as they are please so I can see what level they are at.

Put in an extra level in walls between 3 & 4.

STORAGE FACILITY- click option on walls to put into storage for easier base designing...it s a nightmare trying to move all those pieces all the time when designing

Love the idea of a base designer that auto builds for you after design is made.

While I am suggesting -diff colours for turrets level.

I enjoy this game very much.

Janet aka Evil ****
  • Ivan Bull
    Ivan Bull
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 84
    To all and to the design team. I have been a strategist for over 25+ years and I really like this game for its strategy based playing. After all the upgrades and new technology I have to say that the "BASE" has become a little too weak. I just got my base blasted by one fleet which in terms tells me that the base defenses is starting to become inadequate. Maybe my design is flawed but nonetheless it still shouldn't take just one fleet to bring down an entire base. With all these upgrades and enhancements for ships, it's starting to become more difficult for the base defense turrets to do their job and that's to protect the base. On one note I would like to see a new feature to be added that would help me to see exactly what is going on during a base attack. I can surely see who attacked and what was used during the attack but I would like to be able to replay the entire battle to see what happened and to redesign the base accordingly to better repel attackers. It is my opinion and from my experience in playing strategy games for so long that a "BASE" attack should be one of the hardest thing that a player can achieve with out the help and support of others being involved. Before I moved my base, I was being attacked by multiple players that involved at least 5 players with fleets that were used in conjunction with each other to achieve the base attack. This was acceptable to me because it took 5 players to completely bring down my base. After I moved to a new location and after the last raid, a single player with one fleet of the new arbiter ships "just four of them" took my base down completely. To me after that attack is when I realized that the base defenses were inadequate with all the new upgrades for ships. The new rocket turrets would be a great asset except that the range for them are too short, all a player has to do is stay out side of the turrets range and pound on them until their destroyed. I think that we need to look at the "BASE" now for upgrades and leave the ships alone for now until we can get better defenses. Like I said before, in my experience a "BASE" attack should be the hardest thing that a player can do with out support of others and no "ONE" player with just one fleet should "EVER" be able to break through a base defenses and completely destroy an entire base.
    I agree about the new hulls overpowering the turrets now. Maybe give the turrets 2 special slots at level 4, to bridge that gap for the time being.
  • PirateKing-no1
    PirateKing-no1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,224
    thebiggw wrote: »
    Swag, First off I will admit I did not sit and read all 37 pages of this discussion so if its been said before I apologize. With that being said the only thing I could possibly want added to the "base planner" would be to "auto store" all buildings and land then have a "build" button to make a new layout on a clean slate being able to add land tiles and then the buildings and the "auto walls" and finally a "go" button or whatever you want to call it to automatically change the base once you are done with the layout. It would also be nice to be able to use this feature immediately after an attack BEFORE the buildings are repaired ( I am not implying the buildings be instantly repaired either just the ability to move them easier) so that way the proposed new bubble system will be much more helpful to the community.

i think the auto store base would be good and should be usable only when player has been bubbled and limited to once a week or another reasonable amount of time so it wont be abused also players should not be able to store layouts it would be a better idea as it will free server load and if the team do decide to make stored layouts limit them also theres no need to move base left or right north or south the ability to centre it would be good yes

• Captain Slacker
    Captain Slacker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 232
    i think the auto store base would be good and should be usable only when player has been bubbled and limited to once a week or another reasonable amount of time so it wont be abused also players should not be able to store layouts it would be a better idea as it will free server load and if the team do decide to make stored layouts limit them also theres no need to move base left or right north or south the ability to centre it would be good yes

Well what I meant with the "auto store" button is to have it in what I am going to call a "virtual" reality where as if the base is attacked the attack goes as normal and the player doing the attacking sees and hits the old layout. That way no one can leave their base on "auto store" and every attack is seeing a blank base because it would be a nightmare of support tickets flying into Kix's inbox. But not being a programmer this could create a programming nightmare, while it seems simple in my mind it could be 1,000's of programming hours for all I know. So creating one's base in this virtual base planner could be done at anytime and the work could be saved until that person finishes it later (lets be real not all players have hours and hours to spend everyday but one could tinker a few minutes with a new layout that is "saved" as we modify it). Then have a final layout "GO" button of some sort to load the base layout automatically.
  • kevintheuncle
    kevintheuncle
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 133
    I would use as many different base layouts as it took to find one that worked the most effective. Plus if I was online and saw an attack coming, I could change the layout to best defend against who was going to hit me.
  • Haunted Joker
    Haunted Joker
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 22
    hope you will add more land tiles, let say 100 or 90 total :o
    FTW!
  • AlleyCatMedia
    AlleyCatMedia
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 91
    Been thinking about the Base Planner, and its a great idea. I have a suggestion as well...

How about a "Base Test" function within the base planner which would allow you to test you own base against various fleets?

Within this function you would be able to create different fleets using all the tech available, then have these fleets attack your new design.

Thoughts?
    CraigHarrison Sector 57, Level 63
    RR4 winner in sector 57 - Drac BattleShip
    BI 1 winner in sector 57 - Drac Dreadnought, BI 2 winner in sector 57 - Sea Scorpion, BI 3 winner in sector 57 - Barracudas
    BI 4 - Goliath, BI 5 - Strike Cruiser, BI 6 - Interdictor
    Storm Warning 1 - Dreadnaught X, Strom 2 - Spectre, Storm 3 - Super Fortress
  • cheetored20
    cheetored20
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 50
    We should have a move row button instead of it being automatic, you never know when you might need it...
  • cheetored20
    cheetored20
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 50
    Been thinking about the Base Planner, and its a great idea. I have a suggestion as well...

How about a "Base Test" function within the base planner which would allow you to test you own base against various fleets?

Within this function you would be able to create different fleets using all the tech available, then have these fleets attack your new design.

Thoughts?

mabe you could have your base attacked by anything instead?
  • Blackbeards skirvy
    Blackbeards skirvy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1
    Not sure exactly where to post this, so im posting it here, you said in your upcoming video of the drac war that on day 2 that our p[oints would double, day three they would triple and day for they would guadrupple, so whyat happened to that, not every one in this game can take on the big pointers like the 22s 25s and up where is the fairness in that, especially when spending money to repair fleet. are you all that gready?
  • Sarasu
    Sarasu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 299
    Maybe putting like an 'X' or 'T' to find the center of the base, that way we can put the OP their.
    Sectors: 1, 38, 69, 94, 95, 119, 131, 175, 197, 266, (Home sector) 363, 436, 485
    Current sector: 436
    Level: 48
  • Tag32
    Tag32
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,714
    I would use as many different base layouts as it took to find one that worked the most effective. Plus if I was online and saw an attack coming, I could change the layout to best defend against who was going to hit me.

The Base Planner Idea really needs to be done right.. I would hope, no saved plans, If you want to change your base you go to the planner and start from scratch, and it gets implemented when your done.
    If your not paying for what you use, your not the customer.... your the product.
  • watahl
    watahl
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 341
    This is one update that should be implemented and tweaked over time.
  • tweekyp263
    tweekyp263
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    Please I love the base design aspect of the game .I spend hours talking, fighting and yes tweeking my base .Twice I have moved my entire base just 1 land tile to the left. EVery wall segment was important to me . I really own my base, It was not just time consuming it is the hardest jigsaw puzzle u will ever do and the pieces are in order.... NO..Do not make the base design any easyer I love that part the most . If I can just hit one button shoot that would be BS. There is not much seperating the hard core lovers of the game and the forever "noobs".
    No one will be the base master anymore... and I am far from it...but if having a great base is a button push away..I might as well go back to FARM VILLE....seriously...
  • Sarasu
    Sarasu
    Minor Nuisance
    Also, we should be able to send our own fleet against that base design we create (No actual damage to the fleet at the end) that way we can detect weaknesses in our design and not need another player to give us a base test where we lose res and have repair times to go through before fixing things.
    Sectors: 1, 38, 69, 94, 95, 119, 131, 175, 197, 266, (Home sector) 363, 436, 485
  • Tag32
    Tag32
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,714
    Nas Choka wrote: »
    Also, we should be able to send our own fleet against that base design we create (No actual damage to the fleet at the end) that way we can detect weaknesses in our design and not need another player to give us a base test where we lose res and have repair times to go through before fixing things.
    How often do you get attacked by someone your lvl and with your fleets.. In theory you have a good idea, but in reality the tactics and fleet in an attack WILL be different than what you have, you may get a false sense of success if this is implemented.

I agree with Zagnut, setting up your base is a big part of the game and takes skill.. The more I see posts and think about it, I see no benefit to the game in a base planner, other than to satisfy the noobs who copy a base from the forums in 10 mins and think they have learned the game. Fine.. make something to move walls in a group, but why take away the leap frogging of buildings and land that we now do.
    If your not paying for what you use, your not the customer.... your the product.
  • ShyTech Dev
    ShyTech Dev
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 56
    NOTE: Make sure you have read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply.

We want to give players a more streamlined method for designing bases.

We are currently working on early designs for the Base Planner. This interface will allow players to open up a planning grid on which land tiles and buildings can be arranged. When you are finished with your design on the grid, you can save your design, and execute the changes to your base with one click of the mouse.

One of areas of base design that can be the most time consuming is wall placement. There will be a feature, currently dubbed “autowalls”, that will allow users to easily reposition many wall segments at one time. This feature will automatically detect the correct wall segment that visually matches the direction the wall is facing. Once a wall is placed, you can manually change the visual type of an individual wall segment.

The automatic function of “autowalls” will be disabled on existing walls to preserve existing base designs. Newly constructed wall segments (including those placed in the Base Planner) will be automatically oriented by default. We will be removing the 3 different shapes of walls from the Build menu and replacing them with the single, more universal shape.

In addition, we’re making sure to give players control over when their base configuration is saved. Experiment with illegal setups along the way - the tool will validate your changes when ready, as opposed to every single step along the way. This should dramatically speed up the time required to rearrange bases, while also encouraging people to experiment with different base layouts.

As this is a feature being developed heavily on player feedback, we want to make sure that we are giving you as many utilities as possible. Please take the time to answer some of these questions:
    • Aside from the issues already addressed above (building/tile placement & walls), what do you find is currently the most cumbersome aspect of base design?
    • Realistically, how many different, saved base layouts would you actually use?
    • The default setting for the Base Planner is to always center your base (like centering your text in a Word document). Would you have any need for the Base Planner to allow you to left or right (north/south) justify your base?
    • If you were to request one additional feature for the Base Planner, what would it be?

Ok so when exactly is this planned on coming out? I have been anticipating it for quite some time now, ANY ETA ?
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Ok so when exactly is this planned on coming out? I have been anticipating it for quite some time now, ANY ETA ?

They never know -.-
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Sarasu
    Sarasu
    Minor Nuisance
    Tag32 wrote: »
    How often do you get attacked by someone your lvl and with your fleets.. In theory you have a good idea, but in reality the tactics and fleet in an attack WILL be different than what you have, you may get a false sense of success if this is implemented.

I agree with Zagnut, setting up your base is a big part of the game and takes skill.. The more I see posts and think about it, I see no benefit to the game in a base planner, other than to satisfy the noobs who copy a base from the forums in 10 mins and think they have learned the game. Fine.. make something to move walls in a group, but why take away the leap frogging of buildings and land that we now do.

However, you can be a high level base say a level 35 and have a really good base hitting fleet. no matter what level you are, you will still need to make changes sometimes. If you have a really good fleet that a lot of people like and a lot of people get angry when you hit them because you cause so much damage, it's that type of fleet that would be good to test your own base. But I'm not saying that your own fleet is the best, you may have to have a high level which means you have a lot of Blue Prints that will help you to have a good base hitting fleet verses a level 29 practicing with a fleet that would be good for a level 24 base.
  • Jaguar 97
    Jaguar 97
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 13
    For people that complain about it being useful then add a cool down to applying a layout, like one layout a week sort of thing.
  • RazzerKFG
    RazzerKFG
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 116
    One thing I would love is to take a current layout, "upload" it, use a single button called, rotate (insert number (could be land tiles use, eg rotate 1 tile) ) to <direction> (left/right).
  • RW Miller
    RW Miller
    Master Tactician
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2,136
    How about changing the size of the building bases by making the out post and possible warehouse bases just a bit smaller that would give us a bit more room to squeeze in all this extra crap you all have added with out giving us any additional space.
  • asskicker
    asskicker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 503
    NOTE: Make sure you have read the rules for posting in this forum: http://forums.kixeye.com/showthread.php?t=185189 . Also be sure to read this post in it's entirety before you reply.

We want to give players a more streamlined method for designing bases.

We are currently working on early designs for the Base Planner. This interface will allow players to open up a planning grid on which land tiles and buildings can be arranged. When you are finished with your design on the grid, you can save your design, and execute the changes to your base with one click of the mouse.

One of areas of base design that can be the most time consuming is wall placement. There will be a feature, currently dubbed “autowalls”, that will allow users to easily reposition many wall segments at one time. This feature will automatically detect the correct wall segment that visually matches the direction the wall is facing. Once a wall is placed, you can manually change the visual type of an individual wall segment.

The automatic function of “autowalls” will be disabled on existing walls to preserve existing base designs. Newly constructed wall segments (including those placed in the Base Planner) will be automatically oriented by default. We will be removing the 3 different shapes of walls from the Build menu and replacing them with the single, more universal shape.

In addition, we’re making sure to give players control over when their base configuration is saved. Experiment with illegal setups along the way - the tool will validate your changes when ready, as opposed to every single step along the way. This should dramatically speed up the time required to rearrange bases, while also encouraging people to experiment with different base layouts.

As this is a feature being developed heavily on player feedback, we want to make sure that we are giving you as many utilities as possible. Please take the time to answer some of these questions:
    • Aside from the issues already addressed above (building/tile placement & walls), what do you find is currently the most cumbersome aspect of base design?
    • Realistically, how many different, saved base layouts would you actually use?
    • The default setting for the Base Planner is to always center your base (like centering your text in a Word document). Would you have any need for the Base Planner to allow you to left or right (north/south) justify your base?
    • If you were to request one additional feature for the Base Planner, what would it be?

thats will be fckn awsome i hope that it comes out soon have a few base setup id like to desing and not in these cheap homemade ones
    Noobs stop making stupid idiotic post and let the know it alls do the talking lmao have a nice day. :D:lol::)
  • Tofu953
    Tofu953
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 177
    RW Miller wrote: »
    How about changing the size of the building bases by making the out post and possible warehouse bases just a bit smaller that would give us a bit more room to squeeze in all this extra crap you all have added with out giving us any additional space.

what have they added that would take space?
    the only building they have added for a long time is the tactical lab and that thing goes in the water...no extra land tiles needed
    i stole this from Bpda macca who stole it from captdread who stole it from It_Is_Da_XxStephenxX its mine now
    Venom - Battle Pirates
    Current Sector: 66 - - - Home Sector: 66 - - - Sectors Visited: 238, 427
    BANNED AFTER HAVING MY ACCOUNT HACKED - Complete BULL SH*T.. just saying..
    User ID: 4273737
  • DumbUserName
    DumbUserName
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 79
    The BIG Sixer knows what she is talking about. Leave the walls the way they are, great idea!
    evey71 wrote: »
    LEAVE the walls as they are please so I can see what level they are at.

Put in an extra level in walls between 3 & 4.

STORAGE FACILITY- click option on walls to put into storage for easier base designing...it s a nightmare trying to move all those pieces all the time when designing

Love the idea of a base designer that auto builds for you after design is made.

While I am suggesting -diff colours for turrets level.

I enjoy this game very much.

Janet aka Evil ****
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    This would be golden. I would finally redo my base (because, I am so lazy) When is this comming out or is it another 'comming soon' thingy?
  • Username11
    Username11
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 151
    To repeat certain peoples comments, add in the feature to allow you to move your whole base so many tiles in one direction, as in, 2 left
    Won Strike Cruiser in BI5

http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Username11
    FREE CREDITS ^^^
    Kyle
  • LORDCLAW 1982
    LORDCLAW 1982
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 331
    Considering ur doing this sort the bloody hells out also
    LVL 68  PART OF THE BTTB ALLIANCE WINNER OF ALL HULLS TO DATE IM A BAD PIRATE :)
This discussion has been closed.