WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• Michael Christensen
    Michael Christensen
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    have they made an update the last days. i cant go full screen on eather my laptop or my primery computer
  • DR_SHIPMAN
    DR_SHIPMAN
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 168
    this game blow's just like battle pirate's
  • LastOfMohicans
    LastOfMohicans
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 23
    i have told it again.....but as the topic is about platoons......
    how about the idea when is a fight platoon vs platoon to use only the units in the platoon in battle and no airforce???
    make airforce enable only when a platoon go to atk a base or a deposit......and retire the airforce between platoons battles.....
    this will make the game more fair....and the spam buggies and dogs thing will stop.....

** don;t start to tell put gattlings or hercs for air defence.....cause the skilled guys they can lure the megas with their dog even if you have gatling or hercs inside.....

it is not balance when we go to atk and we sacrifice our megas etc...and the enemy sacrifice only a dog or a buggie.....
    if he wants to fight lets fight platoon vs platoons his tanks vs mine etc....with the units that platoons have inside....this is the right battle....
    anyway....i am wondering how the rest guys accept this and they don;t ask to fix this.....
    33 lvl
  • Walter Dixon
    Walter Dixon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    why is i can not play war commander in fullscreen mode, and why is no one doing anything about it excpt saying its flash player falt :mad::mad:o.O
  • nikalli
    nikalli
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    Use anti air units in your platoon make up if you are 2 exposed. Air units level the play field
    i have told it again.....but as the topic is about platoons......
    how about the idea when is a fight platoon vs platoon to use only the units in the platoon in battle and no airforce???
    make airforce enable only when a platoon go to atk a base or a deposit......and retire the airforce between platoons battles.....
    this will make the game more fair....and the spam buggies and dogs thing will stop.....

** don;t start to tell put gattlings or hercs for air defence.....cause the skilled guys they can lure the megas with their dog even if you have gatling or hercs inside.....

it is not balance when we go to atk and we sacrifice our megas etc...and the enemy sacrifice only a dog or a buggie.....
    if he wants to fight lets fight platoon vs platoons his tanks vs mine etc....with the units that platoons have inside....this is the right battle....
    anyway....i am wondering how the rest guys accept this and they don;t ask to fix this.....
  • lonestar
    lonestar
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 565
    when is the update going live?
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!

I vote no as Kixeye would just glitch the crap out of it.
  • Master3203
    Master3203
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,548
    yes. when is it going live?

And seriously get to work on that update for queuing platoon repairs Kixeye, because otherwise. I think a lot of people will give up at that point otherwise.
    In the absence of light, darkness prevails - Hellboy

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • Santa_Klawz
    Santa_Klawz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 58
    I am thinking there should be a queue for upgrading buildings and units so that work can go faster
  • UNSC-AncientPower
    UNSC-AncientPower
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 407
    Now i can ATTACK players with 100+ SB's over and over again...THANK YOU KIXEYE
    ALLIANCE:WoD
    LEVEL:32
    SECTOR:136
    BEST UNIT:MEGA TANK
    NAME:Spartan117
    JOIN US AT.http://www.facebook.com/groups/339091056170507/
  • TheMace
    TheMace
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 5
    HEY!! I like this Update!! So, when will we be able to move our Platoons from one Sector to another Sector so we can reap Global havoc?
  • TheMace
    TheMace
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 5
    Can we delete Destroyed Platoons and repair all the loose units, so that we can go to bed at night and not worry about waking up throughout the night and repairing each platoon?
  • josue
    josue
    Greenhorn
    forgive but I think the units like soldiers must die rather than be resuscitated, would practically zombies, but beyond that everything else is fine thanks, Very Very good Game
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    i am guessing u r a mod can u help me i am looking for a server were there r lot of giant yellow depos [ rogue res depos] i wana capture some megatanks and the different looking humvee s so plz tell me in which server there is lot of rogue giant depos :) i tried to private message u but it dint let me send

I'm not a mod, otherwise i would have a purple or red box. And i don't understand what you mean with 'capture mega tanks and gatlig trucks'. This is not Pokemon.
    You can not 'capture' units except when you're exploiting an old glitch that was solved, but you will get banned for that.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Master3203 wrote: »
    yes. when is it going live?

And seriously get to work on that update for queuing platoon repairs Kixeye, because otherwise. I think a lot of Tank spammers will give up at that point otherwise.

We want this ^^^
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• LexLuthor801
    LexLuthor801
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 344
    "Repairing" infantry instead of them just being gone when they die will cut down on time spent replacing attack dogs to your staging area. I kill more in a day than Micheal Vick did in a decade.

Sure zombies make no sense but "retraining" infantry sounds like a great idea.
    All your base are.... Bubbled by us
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    "Repairing" infantry instead of them just being gone when they die will cut down on time spent replacing attack dogs to your staging area. I kill more in a day than Micheal Vick did in a decade.

Sure zombies make no sense but "retraining" infantry sounds like a great idea.

The repair times will be the same as the build times.....David himself said so

• Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,825
    LarsB wrote: »
    The repair times will be the same as the build times.....David himself said so
    Where did he say this?
    War Commander   Nickname: Reject  Rank: Captain   Level: 36   Sector: Where ever i may roam
    http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Where did he say this?

Here did he say that:
    If the cost of replacing the unit is the same as repairing it when it's 100% damaged then the only difference between infantry that die and infantry that persist is it saves you a load of clicks and hassle when you come to replace your lost platoon(s) of infantry with an identical platoon of infantry.

Right now:
    1. You have to remember what the platoon had
    2. Queue up those infantry in the barracks
    3. Wait for them to all be produced
    4. Move them into a platoon (remembering again which platoon had what)
    5. Maybe repeat step 2 if the barracks queue was insufficient.

After:
    1. Press "Repair"
    2. Wait

PLUS, if you went to the effort of making a platoon of infantry and they all die then the platoon is lost, along with the cool name you gave it.
    PLUS, if you have a platoon of infantry on a deposit and some are lost you would currently have to do the 5 steps above AND then move that platoon to the deposit.

It's a convenience thing.

• phoenixfire
    phoenixfire
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3
    Although a fun enjoyable game. It would be nice if Kixeye actually put an alliance button on the game too. So that a group can create a proper alliance instead of having to remember who is in the alliance and who was recently entered into the alliance.
  • Paul Franson
    Paul Franson
    Greenhorn
    is it posible make a tank that would have the same or almost the speed of a buggy cause it take so very long to go some where and attck evan a yellow rogue base please reply soon by the way guys i love this game thank u
  • Afakename Warc
    Afakename Warc
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    I want to go to that sector look at all the empty deposits.
  • B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    The update didn't happened yet arrgg what's taking so long...

• wivadee
    wivadee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 27
    CesarG wrote: »
    I think most concerns are unified around the new repair system. All other improvements are mostly appreciated.
    I don't think, like Kixeye said, that the new repair is a "time saver". I'll save some seconds and some clicks on the first repair, but on the other hand I'll lose hours when I cannot be around to repair the next platoon and then I'll have to come back to click on another platoon to repair - more clicks. Queueing is fun. Forcing the players to do a menial task frequently is not :(
    What if we could queue platoons? Shouldn't be so big a change to the UI as to make it overly complicated.
    But for the rest, great improvements.

i tottaly agree ceasar it wont be a saver at all unless you got a shed load of depo doin all the work at the same time but if you a low level player you wont have many if at all any depos and anyway repair a platoon in the depo then its gets destroyed and returned to base anyway it dosnt make sense to me but as always gotta be about money
  • onyxz
    onyxz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 8
    fmlforwin wrote: »
    please tell me air is also persistent :x

how about the production of all units? it still have a limitation to produce?
    because if still have a limit we got a prob :(
  • Maurice Bourassa
    Maurice Bourassa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    is there a way to send out more then 1 platoon at a time to a destination or bookmark?......gets old only sending 1 at a time
  • Maurice Bourassa
    Maurice Bourassa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    once a certain lvl is reached can you go after any depot or the higher you go can you only get the large or giant? cuz the bigstrappers r hoggin the depots n the new guys cant get any even small or tiny ones and the ones in the middle of levels r working hard like myself to help them..... like there needs to be some sort of boundereies or something........like maybe ones after a certain lvl you cant claim an extra depot to just give to another.....keeps the game more fair
  • Commander-Reject
    Commander-Reject
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,825
    LarsB wrote: »
    Here did he say that:
    i didnt dout that he said just didnt know where
    War Commander   Nickname: Reject  Rank: Captain   Level: 36   Sector: Where ever i may roam
    http://www.pixeljoint.com/files/icons/full/helicoptero_animado_2.gif

• Chris Pavlik
    Chris Pavlik
    Greenhorn
    what i think would be nice is if we could make our bases larger without using credits we also need to be able to put more guns and walls on our bases i think if we have the supplys to build it we should be able to build it not be limited
  • B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    what i think would be nice is if we could make our bases larger without using credits we also need to be able to put more guns and walls on our bases i think if we have the supplys to build it we should be able to build it not be limited
    We don't need a larger base, also about the guns and walls part, this is most stupid idea ever, I don't even need to say why. also next time you have a idea make a new thread on the wishlist section, don't be off-topic.

• madmartagan
    madmartagan
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 16
    Well if infantry can be brought back from the dead... they should have bone showing and flesh falling from them... an undead army ;) what i would love to see though is a copy+paste option to the chat window ... i hate some nights well more lately, being the only english speaking person in the chat window.. a copy and paste would make translating so much easier to use on google translate for both parties.
This discussion has been closed.