WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,704
    FYI, the problem of "stopped repairs" is currently being addressed -I saw a post in another thread. As far as the issue with lining multiple platoons for repair, if you would read THIS thread you will see the post regarding it too.
      WC ID 3439259
  • ScurvyDawg
    ScurvyDawg
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 3
    Except the the Repair All feature was one of the coolest things about this game. Now I/we have to log on more often to repair units, which means one can't attack, click repair all, go to bed, wake up, have all units to full health, attack again, repair all, go to work/school, come home, repeat...
  • Paul McKeever III
    Paul McKeever III
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 21
    Redeemer wrote: »
    FYI, the problem of "stopped repairs" is currently being addressed -I saw a post in another thread. As far as the issue with lining multiple platoons for repair, if you would read THIS thread you will see the post regarding it too.
    What do you think we do. We want imeedaeiet (spellcheck) ACTION. sector 2 has allready lost Winter 31, probably tard, Preadtors(possibly) mabye my self, and many other great players to this **** update.
    P$P_GOLD Commander and chief of the P$P Clan for War Comander

Marines go to HELL and regroup. Oorah!
  • Marcus Landgraf
    Marcus Landgraf
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 46

This thread is 50 pages, lets go and find one post in it, you **** wiseguy.
  • Stephen Perez
    Stephen Perez
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    Why will my platoons not repair themselves when I am not in the game??? Only when I am on the game will my tanks repair themselves.
  • Terry Manihera-kauwhata
    Terry Manihera-kauwhata
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 193
    mafia wars went to crap so i dropped that game and spent my coin on dragons of atlantis which really went to a money making franchise that lost alot of loyal players. I found WAR COMMANDER!!! Top game and happilly threw out dragons of atlantis for the hands on battles this game had to offer,and what happens, yup the same bullshit with updates that engineers never fully trial before sending it to the general public.
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,704
    This thread is 50 pages, lets go and find one post in it, you **** wiseguy.

Well, if people would read it, then their question could be answered and there would be FAR fewer posts to read. "the **** wiseguy" part, you got that right :-) Seriously though, from what Mr. Scott said, the issue of lining up multiple platoons for repairs ...page 5
      WC ID 3439259
  • justinbissette
    justinbissette
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    these changes are for the most part stupid an un called for, we are only able to repair one platoon at a time and it takes 5 hours unless we want to pay to get them fixed sooner. IF ITS NOT BROKEN DONT FIX IT. im honestly thinking about quiting this game because off these changes. CHANGE THEM BACK OR SPEED UP THE ABILITY TO REPAIR UNITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DNB
    DNB
    Greenhorn
    I have to say that this update is absolute rubbish, i can no longer repair my units when im offline! I have too many damaged units to repair, i simply cannot play any longer. If i leave the game on it dissconnects! For a game i truely enjoyed has now been ruined, i feel that all the facebook credits i have bought for this game have been wasted! Not happy at all! Never in my life have i been witnissed to a game being ruined in such a big way!!!
  • Mark Ochavido
    Mark Ochavido
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 25
    i dont know about this upgrade others are able to do auto repair on warhawks, for me i have to do it manually....more work fine but i think its bogus...why is it only me that dnt have auto repair for warhawks...i am lvl25 and i hate checking every 1hr.45mins to build another warhawk..and for other things i am so not liking wat you guys have done...i rather have it the old way then the new way.
  • Marcus Landgraf
    Marcus Landgraf
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 46
    Well, if people would read it, then their question could be answered and there would be FAR fewer posts to read. "the **** wiseguy" part, you got that right :-) Seriously though, from what Mr. Scott said, the issue of lining up multiple platoons for repairs ...page 5

"One PLATOON at a time, not a single unit, that would be silly. We will look into a way to queue up platoons for repairs after we get this update out."

That was 5 days before the patch. It takes a lot of hindsight to read that we can't line up everything for repairs anymore into that single line, certainly no one pointed it out. So yeah, you coming here now saying this is old news is you being a wiseguy.

edit: ok, two people pointed it out and then the point was lost. This is by far the most detrimental change to this game and completely kills it for those who can't log in every two hours to queue up the next platoon.

I don't want to log into a game only to micromanage my base for 2 minutes, then log back off again. There is no fun in that.

And this game sure as **** isn't worth 5 dollars a day just to keep your stuff repaired, and that's just me at level 25.
  • Yves Huynen
    Yves Huynen
    Greenhorn
    AAa sorry but the new update is NOT COOL!! I WANT THE OLD BACK!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • blowesooner
    blowesooner
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 41
    i agree and there is some of us that will stop playing this game if this isnt changed
    KING-KONG
  • BlackOpsCommand
    BlackOpsCommand
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 5
    Most of the changes in the new update are fine, but I really dislike the repair process. If we have to be logged in to repair tanks and platoons, you need to change it so we don't get kicked out after 15 minutes. Many of your players have commitments that mean we can't be in front of a computer to stay continuously logged in. I, for one, have a job with a 40 minute commute. So, I'm away from a computer 9+ hours every day. If it was your intention to alienate the "casual" player, who cannot be online 24/7, you've succeeded. This was a very poor change.
  • nemesis b4
    nemesis b4
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    Yep i would agree new updates are garbage ...
  • David Shields
    David Shields
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7

Dude.. Seriously.. Shhhhhhhh :)
  • Lynx Mark
    Lynx Mark
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    I like the persistent platoons and renaming them is great. The fact that i need 26m steel for final staging area upgrade is not fair. I know many got it for 10m steel. This means i will gain more levels for upgrading all my storages and already gained levels for no apparent reason. This destroys game balance in my opinion. I wanted to stay as low as possible. I was no CC warrior anyway. But I wont drop a penny as long as I know people that did it before me got maxed upgrades for so few resources compared to me. Obviously someone did not consider game balance, on some of these update options.
  • af1-happy
    af1-happy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 12
    Repairs to be automatic because they want to take considerable time for the maintenance of each automatically
  • ShadowBroker
    ShadowBroker
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 9
    Kill_Joy wrote: »
    A lot of nice things and crappy things from the update.

Nice:
    -More Air
    -Free level 10 Airfield
    -free level 9 Staging area
    -Platoons repair in depots
    -Platoon grouping
    -Platoons repair together
    -Infantry can be healed and don't die anymore. WOOHOO Hercules'

Crappy things:
    -Not sure if it's a glitch or if it's how it is, but Platoons only repair whilst you are online and connected resulting in constant army down time. Especially when you have a 24 hour repair time for everything like I do.
    -Raised commander level from auto-upgrading of air field and staging area woulda been better to have the points system redistributed to better accommodate players
    -Once one platoon finishes its repair timer another platoon doesn't start repairing which means either we pay for our repair speed, or we sit and stare a lot and wait.

This is all great, but the bug/intent of not allowing repairs while offline destroys the benefit of all the upgrades to this point.
  • Nikki Mangiavellano
    Nikki Mangiavellano
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    I hate this new update, I cant sit here all day while my plts repair and since all my platoons are damaged right now I cant even play. Pretty sure im done with the game
  • Thanh Binh Huynh
    Thanh Binh Huynh
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    Admin request additional repair items in the "War factory" to means repairing broken up in large numbers. This update is inconvenient for me:

1 - When you need more repair treatment tanks, and have to wait too long to have a great team with full health.
    2 - Can not filter out the media are also used to be mixed in the damaged (except aircraft)
  • zico318i
    zico318i
    Greenhorn
    this is what I hated about battle pirates. so now instead of going to bed knowing that a good chunk of my units will be repaired when I wake up, I now will have to wake up in increments at night in order to check up on current repairs and begin new repairs .
    This update is inconvenient for me
  • Slyk Willy
    Slyk Willy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 76
    lol, the platoons only repair while i am online, and only one at a time, i liked this game becuase it didnt interfere with my sleep,, now i am seriuosly considering not playing. please make it so repairs happen weather i am at the computer or not and make repairs so they are qued
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    Hey . does the Platoon repairs in Queue if u disband them?
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • Issues
    Issues
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 5
    And yet another great idea that was rushed out before complete testing was done. How would anyone think that being able to repair all units was worse than only being able to repair one platoon at a time. I can also guess that being able to select which healthy units to add to a platoon was not a good thing but not being able to choose what units to select due to its health is a good idea.

I left Battle Pirates over this same nonsense of stupid and poor thought out updates to that game. Keep it up Kixeye and you will lose many more from this game as well.
  • ipswitch
    ipswitch
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 58
    Ahahaha.. the repair time takes f0rever! 12hrs ag0 my repair time said i g0t 2hrs left of repair time.. s0 i went t0 w0rk and do my n0rmal ch0res.. now that i checked it still g0t 45mins w0rth of repair time.. whats happenin? its 0nly 6 megas repairing! plx fix it asap..
  • Maggieoh
    Maggieoh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    I for 1 will NOT wake up in increments for repairs. I spend way too much time on this game already and repair time was always a good time to walk away and do something else. Please bring back auto-repair! :)
  • Tasha Schmidt
    Tasha Schmidt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 5
    I do not like only being able to heal one platoon at a time. I cant sit on this computer all day long just to heal, so i have to wait days to be able to really do anything on the game.
  • Cain-125
    Cain-125
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 83
    Nyen wrote: »
    TO ALL FOOLS WHO POSTED HERE ABOUT WANTING A REPAIR QUE.
    It is believed that re-introducing the repair queue is part of the next update within a month of so, so please shut up with all your ranting.
    Thank you.

I cam deal with no repair queue but, ONLY repairing when I am online sucks!
    VEGA Conflict IGN: Cain | Level: 31 | User ID: 13825 | Sector: 100 | Planet: 125
    War Commander IGN: Cain | Level: 32 | User ID: 3689811 | Sector 129
    Ubuntu 13.04 | Google Chrome

• Carlos Leite
    Carlos Leite
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    Platoons automatically repair them when they enter the base or you have to give some command?
This discussion has been closed.