WC update preview - Advanced Platoons and Persistent Infantry

• Kill_Joy
    Kill_Joy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 11
    A lot of nice things and crappy things from the update.

Nice:
    -More Air
    -Free level 10 Airfield
    -free level 9 Staging area
    -Platoons repair in depots
    -Platoon grouping
    -Platoons repair together
    -Infantry can be healed and don't die anymore. WOOHOO Hercules'

Crappy things:
    -Not sure if it's a glitch or if it's how it is, but Platoons only repair whilst you are online and connected resulting in constant army down time. Especially when you have a 24 hour repair time for everything like I do.
    -Raised commander level from auto-upgrading of air field and staging area woulda been better to have the points system redistributed to better accommodate players
    -Once one platoon finishes its repair timer another platoon doesn't start repairing which means either we pay for our repair speed, or we sit and stare a lot and wait.
  • ianross
    ianross
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 95
    why have you made it that you have to be "in game" for all units to repair? this sucks big time!!
  • Dukep6
    Dukep6
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 61
    Kill_Joy wrote: »
    A lot of nice things and crappy things from the update.

Nice:
    -More Air
    -Free level 10 Airfield
    -free level 9 Staging area
    -Platoons repair in depots
    -Platoon grouping
    -Platoons repair together
    -Infantry can be healed and don't die anymore. WOOHOO Hercules'

Crappy things:
    -Not sure if it's a glitch or if it's how it is, but Platoons only repair whilst you are online and connected resulting in constant army down time. Especially when you have a 24 hour repair time for everything like I do.
    -Raised commander level from auto-upgrading of air field and staging area woulda been better to have the points system redistributed to better accommodate players
    -Once one platoon finishes its repair timer another platoon doesn't start repairing which means either we pay for our repair speed, or we sit and stare a lot and wait.

I saw that to my platoon was like 5 hours to be repaired 12 am in the night got up at 6 and still the shame :O
  • TEZMAN
    TEZMAN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 6
    Can someone please tell my how removing the repair que is a good idea and not just a money grab ...... i will not have my tanks ready in the morning .... i will not be able to farm rougs and attack players ... insted i will have to just sit and wait till the next platoon is ready for repair ... grrrrrr ........... I , my son or my wife will not spend any more credits on this game till the repair que is going again .... insted of serching the map i just sat and watched the repair clock ... got bord so i watched a movie ...... way to go kixeye you made the game bad :(
  • lord_of_death
    lord_of_death
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2
    most of the update is good but i hate the fact that i have to repair my platoons one at a time you should have kept it as it was.
  • Tim Burke
    Tim Burke
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Thanks I thought so myself :-)
  • Jay Gallacher
    Jay Gallacher
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 69
    This update only favors the people that use Credit cards i have a wife and two kids and a mortgage to pay playing this game was good but this update is taking the fun out of playing this game it takes long enough to upgrade stuff without paying

just another way of ripping people off i gess
  • lord_of_death
    lord_of_death
    Greenhorn
    oh yes and if you don't fix it me and tones of other players will quit playing the game.
  • TEZMAN
    TEZMAN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 6
    Do you realy beleive that ...... why wouldent they have just done it on this update ........... remember there phrase "TRY IT ..... YOU WILL GET USE TO IT ......"
    so who is the fool now .!

this was a responce to the supposed update that will return the repair que in a few months
  • nwa
    nwa
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    nothing is repairing unless in base
  • Marcus Landgraf
    Marcus Landgraf
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 46
    My platoons are not repairing. I logged off last night with a total of 6 hours on all platoons and not even one of them was finished 7 hours later

Your User ID is: 4485392
  • scotty110980
    scotty110980
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 3
    My platoons are not repairing. I logged off last night with a total of 6 hours on all platoons and not even one of them was finished 7 hours later

Your User ID is: 4485392

They only repair when you are online!!
    Basically you have to sit and stare at your screen while you troops repair.
  • Marcus Landgraf
    Marcus Landgraf
    Potential Threat
    Thank U for somewhat agreeing with me Andrew Kline. lol I called that one guy retarded and he said i insulted him.. if he doesnt pay attention to the crap that spills out of his own mouth he will see he insulted me first.
    it speaks a lot about the way your parents raised you when you think "retarded" is not an insult.
  • stenny
    stenny
    Greenhorn
    I cant believe it.. if you have 10 hrs of repairing units, that means you must be continuously logged in playing the game for 10 hrs. just staring at the screen waiting, you cant even walk away for 5 minutes or you will be disconnected and thus stops the repairing. this WAS the coolest game but if they dont fix this and take it back to how it operated before then they may as well change the name from war commander to ghost town... likely most will leave the game, including myself.
  • Dez Hudson
    Dez Hudson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4
    just to clarify

tanks DO repair while offline BUT

if you take out 6 platoons and then nee to repair all 6 platoons you have two options

first option: wait the 6hrs and then start repairing a 2nd platoon OR

second option: disband all platoons to make a "repair platoon"

only problem with the 2nd option is there is no fckin individual hp bar for each tank and therefore it throws in the least damaged first which means GOOD FCKIN LUCK trying to repair your army efficiently

this is a stupid game update and kixeye have just lost a player GG and goodbye (yes this means i'm leaving backyard monsters and battle pirates too)
  • Marcus Landgraf
    Marcus Landgraf
    Potential Threat
    here I thought at Kixeye they actually respond to forum threads regularly. Yet not a single post in here post-update. Just like Kotick's Blizzard.
  • HighElder Kenneth Maxson
    HighElder Kenneth Maxson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 5
    i would like to know is there another big mission coming out for new troops tank and air as i want to see something like soldier in power armor and using gatling laser and laser rifle like in fallout 3 some to making more advance to deal with high level troops more easies
  • LONEWOLF856
    LONEWOLF856
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 34
    ok, i go to forums and i start to read about how to address the repair issues, (when i do this, it opens a new tab for me) as of this writing there was 46 pages. so, i go back and click the War Commander tab to get back into the game and i see that i have been logged out for inactivity. Which stops the repairs again.
    hello... hello... HELLO !
  • yourlover201
    yourlover201
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    the new repair method is so boring ,so bad , i can't play with this method it take alot of time to site on computer to wait , plz change it back
  • HighElder Kenneth Maxson
    HighElder Kenneth Maxson
    Greenhorn
    is there going to be a new big mission for new troop or tank and air if so i would like to see troop in power armor and with laser rifle and gatling laser like in fallout3 and this be only for when you hit max upgrade on troops
  • PUPP3TM4ST3R
    PUPP3TM4ST3R
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,194
    :confused: the game goes from awesome . . . . . .. . . . . . to sucks....
  • Tug123
    Tug123
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 602
    Dez Hudson wrote: »
    just to clarify

tanks DO repair while offline BUT

if you take out 6 platoons and then nee to repair all 6 platoons you have two options

first option: wait the 6hrs and then start repairing a 2nd platoon OR

second option: disband all platoons to make a "repair platoon"

only problem with the 2nd option is there is no fckin individual hp bar for each tank and therefore it throws in the least damaged first which means GOOD FCKIN LUCK trying to repair your army efficiently

this is a stupid game update and kixeye have just lost a player GG and goodbye (yes this means i'm leaving backyard monsters and battle pirates too)

Dez to further clarify either due to an error or on purpose the DO NOT continue repairing. I had 10 minutes of repairs after taking a depo last night. I logged off shortly thereafter and went to bed I returned approximately 7 hours later to the platoon needing an additional 7 minutes of repairs.... I for one believe that it is not what was intended and will be fixed to continue while logged off but at least at the moment it is not working that way.
    Looks like a sword to me, you have a filthy mind.
  • Steeljoints
    Steeljoints
    Greenhorn
    This new Repair system sucks, there is currently 46 pages of comments speaking out in opposition of the new repair format, I hope you take note and revert to the old repair system. I can only speak for myself and members of my alliance, of which most of us spend a minimum of 3 to 4 hours a day online in WC, if this update isn't reverted you have lost several loyal players
  • merc12345
    merc12345
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 13
    This new Repair system sucks, there is currently 46 pages of comments speaking out in opposition of the new repair format, I hope you take note a revert to the old repair system. I can only speak for myself and members of my alliance, of which most of us spend a minimum of 3 to 4 hours a day online in WC, if this update isn't reverted you have lost several loyal players
    well said sit up n take notice kixeye !!!
    m bradley
  • Michael Hollands
    Michael Hollands
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    nahoJ wrote: »
    You are wrong. Sorry. That would have been fine, but you have to do it manually. Each time.

I agree, KIXEYE CHANGE IT
  • Williamsss_1
    Williamsss_1
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    Personally a think the new update is good in some aspects but not the repairing it should be on automatic repair of units like it used to be this going offline stops youre repairs and that which is really crap anybody help me ?
  • ed_james78
    ed_james78
    Greenhorn
    hey kixeye i will have to say i like a few features of the new update but affter i loged off last night i had platoon set to repair got on this morning and nope not one bit of repair was done to it and also if a platoon repairs dose the repair move on to a platoon that needs repaired or do we have to keep clicking on the repair for the next platoon if we have to do that i can see alot of players quiting the game due to never haveing any troops ready for battle plz respond as soon as you can i have over 40 players in the 140 sector waiteing on an answer
    thanks
    ed
  • Paul McKeever III
    Paul McKeever III
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 21
    OK more griping from setor 2, We are tired of not being able to type while in full screen, it was awsome. Another Big issue we all hate is how long platoons take to repair and you cant repair 2 at a time. so F*** the line "so you can get back into the action quicker" We cant SWAG we cant.
    P$P_GOLD Commander and chief of the P$P Clan for War Comander

Marines go to HELL and regroup. Oorah!
  • Cranium
    Cranium
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 6
    I agree here about the repair thing it SUX!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Marcus Landgraf
    Marcus Landgraf
    Potential Threat
    Two pages deleted, yet no response from anyone :)

I exit game, platoon currently under repair at 2:04.

I am gone for an hour, 15 minutes. I recheck - 1:46

gg

At this rate, I can do one easy rogue base per day.

It probably makes more sense to scrap damaged units now and rebuild them rather than repair. That is, if the build unit speed isn't also broken, gonna test that now, gods knows you have not.
This discussion has been closed.