Update Preview: Persistent Platoons

• Param
    Param
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 33
    I don't know if this has already been clarified, but...

Hopefully deposit-defense platoons will not count toward the platoon limit on the world map. That said, I would love to be able to easily set platoons to "defense" versus "active" mode so that platoons at deposits could turn into attacking platoons, and then after they're done with the attack, go back to defending the platoon. Limiting the number of "active" platoons on the map at any given time seems reasonable. Limiting the number of platoons you have defending depos seems to be bad for lower-level players (the cap in total unit space already does that to a large extent).

A question about game mechanics - How will units in bunkers count, and how will they need to be deployed?
  • matt45561
    matt45561
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 169
    Infantry currently die, so the platoon will need to be returned to base to have it's infantry topped up. HOWEVER we will be making infantry and aircraft work the same was as vehicles so instead of having to go through the process of replacing them (yawn) you can simply repair them (yey)

Awesome :)
    Battle Pirates ID is: Retired
    Backyard Monsters ID is:27101
    War Commander ID is: Retired
    BYM lvl.49 BP Lvl.30 WC lvl. 27
    OS: Windows 7 64-bit |Browser: Internet Explorer or Chrome|Adobe Flash Version: 11.3.300
    Dell Inspiron N7110|i5 proccessor 2.40GHz|8 GB RAM
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 331
    hieulelam wrote: »
    uhm, perharps your not up to date. it is the other way around, what base can stop 20 megas and that is about 1/4 capacity of a full staging area. 20 warhawk is nothing, if you can deal with 10 warhawk. given double base capacity, 20 warhawk is nothing.

i know a lot of bases that can stop 3 attacks of 60 megas in all -_- do some research THEN come talk to me
    Hello There
  • matt45561
    matt45561
    Minor Nuisance
    HEY DUDE MOST OF THE TIME THEY TELL US WHAT THEY ARE DOING BOFORE THEY DO IT! THATS WHY THE ARE BETTER THAN SOME OTHER GAMING CORPS. (mostly talking about the ones who have egg or ville in thier game names)
    OS: Windows 7 64-bit |Browser: Internet Explorer or Chrome|Adobe Flash Version: 11.3.300
  • matt45561
    matt45561
    Minor Nuisance
    How can you say that to him at all though? He is trying to get public feedback BEFORE the update goes through.

In the past, when they pushed through major updates, the BACKLASH of whining was never ending (and I am not even discounting my OWN whining posts in the past too). Everyone should see this entire thread as a GREAT OPPORTUNITY to get their opinions HEARD before the update goes through. Maybe some opinions will lead to further tweaks too.

And I still have to read through Swag's original post myself in order to understand it all clearly and leave some of my own feedback too.
    Scurvy wrote: »
    I guess you haven't been around as long as I have. No offense but their track record has not been very good. Although KIXEYE has been better at this with W/C then they have been in their B/P game.

I guess you haven't been around as long as i have they did upset some people rectly in BP by updating the game without saying anything but for the most part they tell us updates before they happen I KNOW I"VE BEEN PLAYING KIXEYES GAME SINCE THEY WHERE CC AND ON A DIFFRENT WEBSITE THEN THE !ST ON ON FACEBOOK DESKTOP DEFENDER
  • matt45561
    matt45561
    Minor Nuisance
    LarsB wrote: »
    oh yeah, something else: persistent infantry? so what's the use of the herc and gatling truck then when they become basically the same unit with a few minor differences?
    minesweeping becomes a bit OP with persistent infantry...
    If the cost of replacing the unit is the same as repairing it when it's 100% damaged then the only difference between infantry that die and infantry that persist is it saves you a load of clicks and hassle when you come to replace your lost platoon(s) of infantry with an identical platoon of infantry.

Right now:
    1. You have to remember what the platoon had
    2. Queue up those infantry in the barracks
    3. Wait for them to all be produced
    4. Move them into a platoon (remembering again which platoon had what)
    5. Maybe repeat step 2 if the barracks queue was insufficient.

After:
    1. Press "Repair"
    2. Wait

PLUS, if you went to the effort of making a platoon of infantry and they all die then the platoon is lost, along with the cool name you gave it.
    PLUS, if you have a platoon of infantry on a deposit and some are lost you would currently have to do the 5 steps above AND then move that platoon to the deposit.

It's a convenience thing.

That Made me think of something do we have to click repiar or will they auto repiar wich would be the best way for people who cannot be on 24/7 (<wish i was a game devloper so i chould but i lack not having anyone to teach me)
  • matt45561
    matt45561
    Minor Nuisance
    "• Platoons will be repaired both on your base and on deposits, but only one at a time"

Please keep in mind that waiting is not fun. I understand that much of games these days are based on waiting I'm concerned that making players "wait" is becoming more important a game design element than "action" please don't over encumber the game with more waiting and long timers. Building upgrades yeah sure days of waiting I love it (sarcasm yes, but I understand and accept it) So hey lets keep the action flowing, please consider a better more balanced way of repairing units than one at a time. Personally I don't like it, there's no way to sugar coat it for you sorry. I think all the ideas mentioned in the first post in this thread are interesting accept for one unit repairing at a time. I understand that you need to make money off this game to keep it alive but isn't there a better way than one unit repairing at a time? It just doesn't feel like a balanced approach to me at all. Just say'n. I mean I've been playing vids for over two decades (yeah I'm old thanks for pointing that out lol) so I know something about what I'm talking about here.

Please stop twisting my arm with the waiting game...

there has to be a blance of waiting so people don't get to big to fast it's more fair to the people who don't sit at a desk all day
  • Mahamadou Djeidy Ba
    Mahamadou Djeidy Ba
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 40
    Infantry currently die, so the platoon will need to be returned to base to have it's infantry topped up. HOWEVER we will be making infantry and aircraft work the same was as vehicles so instead of having to go through the process of replacing them (yawn) you can simply repair them (yey)

That is the good idea ever david, I love this game that is why I spent over $1000, and it is getting better. Keep up the good work.
  • Mahamadou Djeidy Ba
    Mahamadou Djeidy Ba
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 40
    that is right david you know it
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    matt45561 wrote: »
    awesome :)

Double Awesome!!!:p:p:p
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    That is the good idea ever david, I love this game that is why I spent over $1000, and it is getting better. Keep up the good work.

Over $1000!? I think I should thank you on the behalf of the whole community that people like you make this game possible... Thanks :)
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• coolcoolcoolnow
    coolcoolcoolnow
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2010 Posts: 1,101
    i think repairing air craft is smart. but people can not just come back to life! just bring back the medic.
    lvl 55 battle pirates ID: 247557 sec1 S.U.C.C.
    lvl 49 backyard monsters ID: 10183393 lvl 37 in inferno U.T.
    lvl 28 war commander ID: 130 U.T.
    look at your self are you a winner or a looser? look out side for i may be waching you!
    if you want free shiny click this [URL="[url=http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=coolcoolcoolnow]don't click this link...[/url]"][/url]you better click this!
  • Maverick302
    Maverick302
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    The updated platoon system sounds AWESOME and I think will add a very fun dynamic to the game. I could get behind the repairing of the aircraft as well. I don't know about the repairing infantry though. They're already cheap and fast to replace, and it just seems kind of unreasonable for a dude to get blown up by a tank and then be good to go a few minutes later again. Having to manually replace them means you have to be more careful with them, and will keep people from using waves of immortal riflemen to clear minefields and such.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    i think repairing air craft is smart. but people can not just come back to life! just bring back the medic.

Read this more extended version of that quote for explanation:
    If the cost of replacing the unit is the same as repairing it when it's 100% damaged then the only difference between infantry that die and infantry that persist is it saves you a load of clicks and hassle when you come to replace your lost platoon(s) of infantry with an identical platoon of infantry.

Right now:
    1. You have to remember what the platoon had
    2. Queue up those infantry in the barracks
    3. Wait for them to all be produced
    4. Move them into a platoon (remembering again which platoon had what)
    5. Maybe repeat step 2 if the barracks queue was insufficient.

After:
    1. Press "Repair"
    2. Wait

PLUS, if you went to the effort of making a platoon of infantry and they all die then the platoon is lost, along with the cool name you gave it.
    PLUS, if you have a platoon of infantry on a deposit and some are lost you would currently have to do the 5 steps above AND then move that platoon to the deposit.

It's a convenience thing.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• BT-Itz Ninja
    BT-Itz Ninja
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 114
    Cant wait to get this :p
    Battle Pirates- Itz_Ninja
    Level 24
    WC-TA-UNDEAD :p
    Level 22
  • Maushis
    Maushis
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 11
    I think this upgrade to the game is great, just will make it harder to attack as if you send a platoon with one full squad to attack, you wont be abble to send a second one with one squad asswell, or you will have to wait untill the full platoon is death to deploy it and wont have enough time to destroy the base, for the rest is great to heal from depos, and of course infantry should not be healed as to keep the game more realistic people dont coome back to life!
    Thank u 4 participating us :)
  • -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 617
    Correct, that is unchanged.

Great news! If there's no room in your base ("Base Defenders Platoon") for a newly created unit it goes directly from the Barracks / War Factory into the Storage, no need to leave room in your base for new units.

Welcome to the perfect world :)

Dave - Have I told you I love you, lol. OMG this is great. I hate having to move my base units into staging to create new units...

• Nyen
    Nyen
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,653
    I bet that there will be people moaning about how confusing things are when this is released ... be sure to introduce a tutorial
    Admin of war commander wiki and vega-conflict wiki.
    WC Tech admin. Please like WC tech for the latest WC news and tips.
    WC:Level 40 - RETIRED
     (\__/)
     (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
     (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • FoooFighter
    FoooFighter
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,409
    I hope its not reduced by much my platoons are 6 mega tanks and 7 Gatling Guns for protection.
  • Sueki Ordaya
    Sueki Ordaya
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,350
    Nyen wrote: »
    I bet that there will be people moaning about how confusing things are when this is released ... be sure to introduce a tutorial

I read through the initial post on this but, unfortunately, I am a very TACTILE kind of person. I need to FEEL IT IN MY HAND first. I have to test drive. I have to get things and actually use them to see what it feels like. I actually learn better from using something rather than only reading about it. It looks great to me though. A lot of my questions were answered reading through this thread too.

BRING ON THE PERSISTENT PLATOONS! (NOTE: I LOVE TUTORIALS AS ACCOMPANIMENT TOO) :)
    WC ID: 126046
    Nickname: Sueki
    Level: 32
    Home Sector: 33
    My FB page
  • Atlantis026
    Atlantis026
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Will you ever have EXPERIENCE LEVELS?????
  • -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain
    Jason F wrote: »
    If you take away units to defend are depos than whats the point of taking a depo because once you over take one someone easly can take it away from you!!!!! The basic defenses are not strong enough by themselves to defend the depo alone! So taking away units at depos will thus change the game so dramatically that the level you are at now will no longer matter to a degree!!! Let's say your at level 24 and you want to take over a giant metal that is currently owned by someone at level 30 if the level 24 has enough units there will be nothing there to stop him from taking it, just the usually gun torrs. and missles that's all and nothing elses!!!! So please do not take this away from all of us!!! Sincerely, Jason F

That's the point. If bases become invulnerable, then there is no point in war. If deposits become invulnerable, then there is no point in trying to attack them. I think the point is to make them vulnerable so no one person is untouchable. Hence, making everyone a prime target and starting a BLOODY WAR. Bloody War = $$ for Kixeye imo

• -SmashN-
    -SmashN-
    Strike-force Captain

So in order to revive dead infantry will we be required to build a church on our base and unlock Jesus - Let me guess a 3 day unlock timer :P

This discussion has been closed.