Update Preview: Persistent Platoons

• Chan Jing Zhi
    Chan Jing Zhi
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 323
    Will platoons at deposits be considered in the world map or not?
  • paulie1959
    paulie1959
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 10
    I was hoping that the airfield would become the equivalent to the staging area so multiple air units could be selected, also so we can choose where they enter battle again instead of direction of your base as that is a time consuming pain in the derryair. The system could work the same as the staging area, the higher the level the more you can build/deploy.
  • hieulelam
    hieulelam
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 523
    here is a wild thought, why don't we double the airfield capacity and the base defending capacity. that way, tank spamming will be less of an issue because the spammers will pay a heavy toll for recklessness and be force to use some skill attacking bases but have 20 warhawk so they don't whine as much.
  • Stanley Hoffman
    Stanley Hoffman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 175
    What would be really really really really nice would be to solve the disappearing platoon bug.

Will this update fix that or will the units disappear but the platoon remain and have to be repaired instead of replaced?
  • Braveman
    Braveman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 432
    please hurry up! can't w8 for another GREAT update from KIXEYE, thanks :D p.s when are the controlling land coming out and how to take land?
    my current base: the offerings to the brave beast 2.0.0
    my threads: event format unit idea "the beserker"
    LarsB wrote:
    So please go f*ck yourself
    WC LVL 27. WC ID: 348327. sector: 39. alliance: overlords
    useful things: user notes big mortar baiting guide LarsB the big base building guide LarsB
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    okay, lets see, adding another 130 space to the airfield doesn't only let you put in more warhawks, it can let you add more thunderbolt's, cobra's, etc. so maybe you should think it throuhg more than just looking at it in terms of warhawks.

The Warhawk is currently the strongest air unit in the game... that's why i was talknig about warhawks. But the person who asked first wanted to add 130 space so he could build an extra Warhawk.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 331
    hieulelam wrote: »
    here is a wild thought, why don't we double the airfield capacity and the base defending capacity. that way, tank spamming will be less of an issue because the spammers will pay a heavy toll for recklessness and be force to use some skill attacking bases but have 20 warhawk so they don't whine as much.

um, no tank spamming does't work if you have a good base -_- and 20 warhawks, seriously? that adds an unfair advantage to any fight, or, its just stupid.
    Hello There
  • hieulelam
    hieulelam
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 523
    um, no tank spamming does't work if you have a good base -_- and 20 warhawks, seriously? that adds an unfair advantage to any fight, or, its just stupid.

uhm, perharps your not up to date. it is the other way around, what base can stop 20 megas and that is about 1/4 capacity of a full staging area. 20 warhawk is nothing, if you can deal with 10 warhawk. given double base capacity, 20 warhawk is nothing.
  • Frederick795
    Frederick795
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 203
    LarsB wrote: »
    The Warhawk is currently the strongest air unit in the game... that's why i was talknig about warhawks. But the person who asked first wanted to add 130 space so he could build an extra Warhawk.

Not exactly. They have confirmed that they were going to add 100 space, which lars didn't mention. The rest is correct though.
  • Master3203
    Master3203
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,548
    100 Space is not worth it. it should be at least be 650 space which adds 5 more warhawks or 10 cobras, or about 17 copters or 3 raptors e.t.c. make it a substantial increase lads. Otherwise what's the point. And i do hope that the amount of defending space you have in a platoon that can only be used to defend a base, will be more than you can have now. way more.
    In the absence of light, darkness prevails - Hellboy

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Master3203 wrote: »
    100 Space is not worth it. it should be at least be 650 space which adds 5 more warhawks or 10 cobras, or about 17 copters or 3 raptors e.t.c. make it a substantial increase lads. Otherwise what's the point. And i do hope that the amount of defending space you have in a platoon that can only be used to defend a base, will be more than you can have now. way more.

You cna't read, can you? they will not even add 130 space, because you can build more warhawks! The increase in space is not meant to let you double your airforce! You have never heard of the word 'balance', have you?
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Master3203
    Master3203
    Yes I have Lars. but it wont balance anything with just 100 space. Its barely worth it. there not much u can get. 5 wing drones, 2 copters, 1 cobra 0 raptors, 0 warhawks. So there is no point and dont have a go at me boy. just because I dont like something they're saying.; We all have our opinions whether they be right or wrong in someone else's eyes

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Master3203 wrote: »
    Yes I have Lars. but it wont balance anything with just 100 space. Its barely worth it. there not much u can get. 5 wing drones, 2 copters, 1 cobra 0 raptors, 0 warhawks. So there is no point and dont have a go at me boy. just because I dont like something they're saying.; We all have our opinions http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/213731-Update-Preview-Persistent-Platoonswhether they be right or wrong in someone else's eyes

It is balanced NOW >_>. If you would add more space you would UNBALANCE things.

• Kuroi Getsuga
    Kuroi Getsuga
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 11
    I don't see why you have to get rid of the staging area. At least that's what gathered would happen when you change the game again. Many ppl have put alot of time and effort into it and it would be a shame for all that to be a waste. Getting rid of the war room for the staging area I can understand. But, why get rid of the staging area (if you are anyways)? Plus, if you get rid of the staging area, that would mean you'd have to possibly raise the maximum capacity of the main base (the command center) to make up for the loss of the staging area. These are just things I thought should be brought up after reading about the possible future updates to the game.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    I don't see why you have to get rid of the staging area. At least that's what gathered would happen when you change the game again. Many ppl have put alot of time and effort into it and it would be a shame for all that to be a waste. Getting rid of the war room for the staging area I can understand. But, why get rid of the staging area (if you are anyways)? Plus, if you get rid of the staging area, that would mean you'd have to possibly raise the maximum capacity of the main base (the command center) to make up for the loss of the staging area. These are just things I thought should be brought up after reading about the possible future updates to the game.

They're not getting rid of the staging area... i think you misunderstood.

• Master3203
    Master3203
    I hope so. the staging area was brilliant. but from what I read. they are just going to increase the amount of defence u can have on ur base and slightly change the way platoons are deployed/used/named

• Master3203
    Master3203
    What I do wish they would hurry up with is introducing the ability to build units directly to the staging area when your base is full

Also another thing I would like to see is the ability to upgrade a vehicle and an aircraft at the same time. as the tech serves 2 purposes, I think 2 upgrades/unlocks or combination of upgrades/unlocks should be allowed as it really does slow down upgrade times. This I have been wanting for a while now.

• KingHunter
    KingHunter
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 20
    When is this upgrade scheduled?
  • Mittenz30
    Mittenz30
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    It is balanced NOW >_>. If you would add more space you would UNBALANCE things.

air units are balanced, this post is talking about how to balance ground units and platoons so ppl have a harder time spamming mega tanks on base attacks. none of the admin said anything about changing up base layout, so don't worry about losing staging area. however this means a very high chance we won't get more gun turrets and mortar towers to put in base. :crying: if they are going to change anything about base layout or tweet any the buildings it should be the bunker. like make it so units that are put in the bunker do not take up space in your base almost like they don't exist. this will make snipers useful again and the bunkers will be worth filling again. i know a lot of ppl will say that bunkers are useful still if you fill them with heavy gunners, but that only is for anti-air defense. a lvl 6 paly, chal, and mega can just come in and out-range the bunker like they can do to max gun turrets. not very useful imo if the space the heavy gunners in the bunkers are taking up can be used for a mega tank or 2, or maybe some gatling trucks.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Mittenz30 wrote: »
    air units are balanced, this post is talking about how to balance ground units and platoons so ppl have a harder time spamming mega tanks on base attacks. none of the admin said anything about changing up base layout, so don't worry about losing staging area. however this means a very high chance we won't get more gun turrets and mortar towers to put in base. :crying: if they are going to change anything about base layout or tweet any the buildings it should be the bunker. like make it so units that are put in the bunker do not take up space in your base almost like they don't exist. this will make snipers useful again and the bunkers will be worth filling again. i know a lot of ppl will say that bunkers are useful still if you fill them with heavy gunners, but that only is for anti-air defense. a lvl 6 paly, chal, and mega can just come in and out-range the bunker like they can do to max gun turrets. not very useful imo if the space the heavy gunners in the bunkers are taking up can be used for a mega tank or 2, or maybe some gatling trucks.

The bunker is very worth filling! They're practically 2 additional gun turrets and you can put snipers in then! Bunkers are some of the best defenses...

• B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    So when this update gonna happen?

• Assasin_elite_2
    Assasin_elite_2
    Master Tactician
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,084
    So when this update gonna happen?

I really like to know that also...any date or month this update is going to be implemented?
  • Mittenz30
    Mittenz30
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    The bunker is very worth filling! They're practically 2 additional gun turrets and you can put snipers in then! Bunkers are some of the best defenses...

lmao told u ppl would say bunkers are still useful. if you read more my post that was all i said bunkers are good for anti-air units if you don't care to have an extra mega or 2 from the 720 all those heavy gunners take up being in the bunkers. not very good once you max mega tanks and an air unit you plan to always stick with. making the tech center not something to protect much anymore. after that however most ppl don't care that their base gets hit, they don't need to upgrade anything important and they don't really need resources. most ppl that far don't need the bunkers as much as those still needing to make sure the tech center isn't interrupted. again i won't doubt a lot of ppl would argue that.
  • The Exile-S2K
    The Exile-S2K
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 669
    So When Will This Update Launch
    mmm
  • Ben Jones
    Ben Jones
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 680
    According to their Facebook update, sometime next week!!!
    BYM
    User ID-327
    Level 45

War Commander
    User ID-120
    Level 32
  • BT-Itz Ninja
    BT-Itz Ninja
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 114
    Some people got it today to test it , so see if its not gunna crash the sever i think ! But it is awsome . THANKS KIXEYE :lol:
    Battle Pirates- Itz_Ninja
    Level 24
    WC-TA-UNDEAD :p
    Level 22
  • Master3203
    Master3203
    i want the update to test it tooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

• ALPHAQ
    ALPHAQ
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 21
    Synchronous play is not the nature of this game and should never be the nature of this game. That is not this game and that is why I like this game I have a PS3 I've been playing vids for over two decades now and I know something about what I'm talking about. Doing what you are talking about would require making this game into a whole other game that isn't anything like this game. You want synchronous play then get a copy of BF3 or modern warfare or one of the thousands of games already made from the ground up for that type of game play. If that's really what you want than this game isn't for you. That's really the bottom line.

wow...relax.

im just saying that way itll be leaning more towards classic C&C...

i love the way the game is too

just surprised at what makes people flare up and rant about something useless...
  • Jason F
    Jason F
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1
    Attention Commanders,
    Exclusive intel from Executive Producer David Scott: the War Commander team is in the process of improving the way you create and manage your Platoon, and he’s tasked me with gathering feedback from the community.

The High Points:
    • Platoons will be made in your base instead of on the map.
    • Any Platoons you make will be remembered so you don’t have to constantly remake them.
    • Platoons will not get lost when they return to base or are left to guard a deposit.
    • Platoons will be repaired both on your base and on deposits, but only one at a time

The first thing you’ll notice is that the “Units” button will change to “Platoons” and clicking it brings up a new window that lists all your Platoons:

Everyone will have a Base Defender Platoon, this is a Platoon that’s been auto-created from all the units you see in your base. You can not deploy this Platoon, but adding units to it will add them to your base. They will also help defend if you’re attacked. This Platoon is persistent, so you will always be able to leave units defending your base.

Clicking the yellow “Create” button or clicking on an existing Platoon will bring up the Platoon Editor:

Once you have made a few Platoons your Platoon List screen will look something like this:

Here are some answers to questions you may have:

Can I deploy Platoons in the same way as before?
    From the world map you do pretty much the same thing. You click on your base, select "Deploy Platoon" but instead of then selecting the units you select which Platoon you want to deploy and then select where around your base it should be deployed.

How do I move a unit between platoons?
    If you want to move a unit from one Platoon to another you simply open the first, remove the unit (which puts it in storage), open the second, add it.

How do I scrap units to get back resources and make space?
    If you want to scrap a unit to make space you can remove it from the Platoon and then in the Barracks or War Factory you can scrap them under the new “Scrap” tab

What happens to units on the map and in deposits?
    If you have any platoons already out on the map or any units defending deposits we will auto-create these as platoons and they will be visible on the Platoons List screen.

What changes will be made to the number of units I can deploy in a battle?
    We are reducing the number slightly to reduce the size of platoons so if you put all units in a single squad you can deploy it in battle. Any units already in platoons or on deposits will break this cap (we never cull units) so you can return them to base to pick the ones you want to remove before re-deploying them.

I have another question!
    Post it below and we'll answer it!

If you take away units to defend are depos than whats the point of taking a depo because once you over take one someone easly can take it away from you!!!!! The basic defenses are not strong enough by themselves to defend the depo alone! So taking away units at depos will thus change the game so dramatically that the level you are at now will no longer matter to a degree!!! Let's say your at level 24 and you want to take over a giant metal that is currently owned by someone at level 30 if the level 24 has enough units there will be nothing there to stop him from taking it, just the usually gun torrs. and missles that's all and nothing elses!!!! So please do not take this away from all of us!!! Sincerely, Jason F
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    I have been building tons of Gatling trucks last weeks in preparation for this update... I want it too!

This discussion has been closed.