Update Preview: Persistent Platoons

• Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 111
    Compuser84 wrote: »
    I want synchronous play just to shut people up....oh I'm so great, I took out your base, look at me, I'm awesome...blah blah blah...yet if you sit in your base, which is the only way to defend it right now, you get called a ****. Come out and fight! and so on. :rolleyes:

What ever, I know I'm wasting my time even posting in this thread. Carry on. ;)

AND for the record, I'm 46 and have been playing games online that were text based and on dialup bulletin boards, before anyone questions my experience.

Have a nice day. :)

I played PONG when it was the newest of the new I also played with the first internet based M.U.D.S. in college. Personally I've just always been the type of guy that never gave a **** about what some chode has to say about anything especially how I choose to play a game. But that's just me. My base in War Commander was completely leveled almost on a daily basis back when we had a "War Room" and the "Fight list". Yup I like the world map way better but I still miss the Tech and medic units. Mostly the Techs lol but I'm slowly getting over the loss. But yeah I've lost count of how many times my base was totally leveled. And I never complained about it once. I thought that was just the way the game was played back then lol. Personally I respect peoples bases I understand how much time it takes to make and arrange a good base set up. But it's online gaming and reality is there's tons of D-bag players out there always has and always will be. That's just a sad reality of online gaming. But my point is this sync play is a drastic departure from the style of game play we are accustom to on WC. The bottom line is this if it sucks and I once again find that I don't enjoy playing this game I will once again cease playing as I did when the Tech and Medic units were replaced with a menu so KIXEYE could create a new stream of income from the game by making players wait longer for repairs OR they could pay and have instant repairs. In the guise of some nonsense about how they intend the game to be played. But it boiled down to increasing their income generated by the game the end. Everyone has to eat and bills have to be payed. It's just a shame when it has to be at the expense of brilliant game play and game design. You call me a crybaby lol I call you a mindless lap dog for the corporate game ruiners. You hungrily suck up every **** idea that they cram down are necks and you smile as you swallow the peanuts form there poo. Sycn play ok I'll give it a chance like any of us has a say about it lol. Personally the funnest part of the game for me has always been attacking the rouge bases. Attacking another players base for me was always a last resort. Anyone who has played this game for any length of time knows making, upgrading, and arranging your base takes a lot of time (unless you whip out the plastic we all know it happens, or this game wouldn't still be here. As some of us may have been witnessing in the last few weeks as we see bioware's axe falling on the fb games in the lower earning brackets, I'm going to miss some of those games) All I can do at this point is cross my fingers and hope that sync play does not kill the game as some people have have suggested it will.
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    SYNC WILL DEFIANTLY KILL THE GAME!!!ITS BETTER TO VIEw OUR BASES WHILE IN ATTACK!
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • George Chalkias
    George Chalkias
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 835
    SYNC WILL DEFIANTLY KILL THE GAME!!!ITS BETTER TO VIEw OUR BASES WHILE IN ATTACK!

OR!When you are under attack, the attack will be blocked for 2 mins letting the player to prepare defenses and troops.If you are ready, you will be able to watch without ordering.If they wont add it, then they are the dumb devs to kill the game
    Senior member of War Commander wikia.Photographer of special events in WC Wikia. 

• Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance

That would be better than getting booted to the title screen I hate when my base is under attack and I can't even view the world map while I still have platoons deployed. But yeah I mean players shouldn't be locked out of the game just because their base is under attack. Not sure I want to view my base being attacked lol but I sure as hell don't want to be booted out of the game to a title screen that just totally blows wrinkly donkey sausage.
  • Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance
    OR!When you are under attack, the attack will be blocked for 2 mins letting the player to prepare defenses and troops.If you are ready, you will be able to watch without ordering.

interesting idea and that seems to me, more inline with the style of game play we have come to expect from WC.
  • paulie1959
    paulie1959
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 10
    I think it would be great if we could add aircraft like we do tanks, this way we could have a better selection in battle and also have more on hand than we do now.
  • RoachTF141
    RoachTF141
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    Sir, When do you release this new feature?
  • RoachTF141
    RoachTF141
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 6
    Yeah! you're right brother.
  • Sadistic
    Sadistic
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 88
    completely agreed Ben, strategic warfare exists in game, and in real life. so adding synchronous play just screws everyone over, well, all the good players at least.

Maybe you just are not as good as you think you are. If letting the person you are attacking actually DEFEND themselves ruins your game, you probably just don't have what it takes. If, on the other hand, you are even half as good as you think you are, you will probably still find a way to make your attacks succeed.
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 331
    Sadistic wrote: »
    Maybe you just are not as good as you think you are. If letting the person you are attacking actually DEFEND themselves ruins your game, you probably just don't have what it takes. If, on the other hand, you are even half as good as you think you are, you will probably still find a way to make your attacks succeed.

hang on a second, who do you think you are being as rude as you're being? For one i said to NOT put in synch play because if i'm defending my base during attack, or someone else is, all i have to do or they have to do is out all rhino's, or pals, etc. right into where i'm sending my troops. now if someone had 4 megas on their base protecting it would YOU be able to get in when they send them all to one spot where you are sending your troops? i didn't think so now shut your trap.
    Hello There
  • KIXEYE Swag
    KIXEYE Swag
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 3,665
    This thread is not about synchronous play. Please stay on topic.
  • Jesse Friedman
    Jesse Friedman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3
    I wish there was a way you could group your troops while attacking in different formations.
  • DaisyRogers
    DaisyRogers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 42
    so my question comes in lue with the new contest. Regarding the sweet awesome suicidal attack dog. As far as my understanding is, in order to get the dog to work and seek out the mines you need to activate Rubi, which means you need to set up a single squad of attack dogs. If I am reading this correctly, and platoons are shrunk down to single squads. I would need to send in a platoon of dogs, and a platoon of tanks. They would approach base from two different angles, bad if I want to sweep the path in front of the tanks. And if they are in same platoon/squad when rubi is activated, my tanks will kamikazee as well.

How will this be addressed?

Or am I still not understanding how the seek function of the dog works, haven't had a chance to test yet.
  • Iron_Man042
    Iron_Man042
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 147
    Infantry currently die, so the platoon will need to be returned to base to have it's infantry topped up. HOWEVER we will be making infantry and aircraft work the same was as vehicles so instead of having to go through the process of replacing them (yawn) you can simply repair them (yey)

wait so like when is that update coming out? any exact date/time?o.O
  • Mittenz30
    Mittenz30
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3
    YES AIRCRAFT AND INFANTRY PERSISTENCE NOW. and now that u can repair at depo having depos to house units is now worth it again. and less units to spawn in attacks will make it a little more balanced in defending. so now u dont have 5 mega tanks hammering your base at once but however many they make it less. this also might mean the spawn mine set up will need to be edited if not outdated after this comes out.
  • Murray Seabrook
    Murray Seabrook
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 6
    ive lost 3 platoons of paladins and 15 razorbacks they are not in any of my deposits or in my main base please try and fix this
  • Nonename
    Nonename
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,067
    Lol, currently with the units bar, I can create units when my barracks are damaged or upgrading.
    Thrill Kill Society - GLOBAL
    Mess with the best, die like the rest!
    begentle wrote: »
    I wanna be your grandson!!!
  • Frederick795
    Frederick795
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 203
    Persistant Air and Infantry will be part of a future update and not part of this release. We will however be slightly increasing the capacity of the Airfield in this release by 7% (+100)
    Could you make it +130? Pretty please? That way, we can fit in an extra warhawk. And it's only 30 more space.
  • RealNightFury
    RealNightFury
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    OR!When you are under attack, the attack will be blocked for 2 mins letting the player to prepare defenses and troops.If you are ready, you will be able to watch without ordering.If they wont add it, then they are the dumb devs to kill the game

Yes i like it!! :D and there will be another option that is ...u can view the world map! :D
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    Could you make it +130? Pretty please? That way, we can fit in an extra warhawk. And it's only 30 more space.

i think they tets these things out A LOT, and this was probably one of the reasons they didn't add an extra 130 space....
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Frederick795
    Frederick795
    Minor Nuisance
    LarsB wrote: »
    i think they tets these things out A LOT, and this was probably one of the reasons they didn't add an extra 130 space....

Yes, because a single warhawk makes A LOT of difference and if you get ONE more, suddenly warhawks are OMGWTFBBQUBEROP. A lvl 10 hawk has what, 1500 ish hp? A lv 10 turret has around 2800 dps, so that's a bit more than .5s to kill it. Also, "tets"? Sorry, I don't usually nitpick about spelling/grammar, but i expected more from someone with almost 7k posts....
  • Nullified
    Nullified
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 397
    i expected more from someone with almost 7k posts....

Lars believes in sound logic.
    WC ID: 3654317

My facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Wargamer1000
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Yes, because a single warhawk makes A LOT of difference and if you get ONE more, suddenly warhawks are OMGWTFBBQUBEROP. A lvl 10 hawk has what, 1500 ish hp? A lv 10 turret has around 2800 dps, so that's a bit more than .5s to kill it. Also, "tets"? Sorry, I don't usually nitpick about spelling/grammar, but i expected more from someone with almost 7k posts....

yes, a single warhawk does make a huge difference. It adds an extra 1600 dps to the attack...
    And every person makes typos, my post count doesn't influence that.
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Frederick795
    Frederick795
    Minor Nuisance
    yes, a single warhawk does make a huge difference. It adds an extra 1600 dps to the attack...
    And every person makes typos, my post count doesn't influence that.

You're taking the 1600 dps out of context. 10 warhawks already do 16000 dps, so 1600 isn't a very big increase. And the 100 space could be used to house other aircraft, too, so it's actually less than an 1600 dps increase. Also, regarding your first post to me: I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but this thread was created for feedback. I expect that if they already tested everything "A LOT" and had everything PERFECT, than this thread wouldn't exist. In addition, that wasn't a typo, but a spelling error. A typo is typing the wrong word, a spelling error is, well, a spelling error. The difference is that a spell checker won't detect a typo, but it'll detect a spelling error. I'm sorry, but if you're too lazy to use the built-in spellcheck, than you obviously don't care much about what you're posting, and I won't take you as seriously.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    You're taking the 1600 dps out of context. 10 warhawks already do 16000 dps, so 1600 isn't a very big increase. And the 100 space could be used to house other aircraft, too, so it's actually less than an 1600 dps increase. Also, regarding your first post to me: I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but this thread was created for feedback. I expect that if they already tested everything "A LOT" and had everything PERFECT, than this thread wouldn't exist. In addition, that wasn't a typo, but a spelling error. A typo is typing the wrong word, a spelling error is, well, a spelling error. The difference is that a spell checker won't detect a typo, but it'll detect a spelling error. I'm sorry, but if you're too lazy to use the built-in spellcheck, than you obviously don't care much about what you're posting, and I won't take you as seriously.

yes it is... it's a 10% increase.... tets or tests is a typo... and i'm not going to download a spelling corrector just to fix the occasional typo >_>

• Frederick795
    Frederick795
    Minor Nuisance
    yes it is... it's a 10% increase.... tets or tests is a typo... and i'm not going to download a spelling corrector just to fix the occasional typo >_>

It's more like 6%, since you could fill the 100 space with something else that does damage. 6% is not a lot. The the spell checker is included in the forum; you don't have to download anything. You obviously don't even give your posts a second glance before you click the button, and my already low respect for you just went down another notch.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    It's more like 6%, since you could fill the 100 space with something else that does damage. 6% is not a lot. The the spell checker is included in the forum; you don't have to download anything. You obviously don't even give your posts a second glance before you click the button, and my already low respect for you just went down another notch.

it says i have to download it when i click on it.
    It's 10%. If you have 10 warhawks, and add one, it is a 1/10 increase, and 100%/10 is 10%. >_>
    And you really think i care what you think 'bout me?

• Frederick795
    Frederick795
    Minor Nuisance
    it says i have to download it when i click on it.
    It's 10%. If you have 10 warhawks, and add one, it is a 1/10 increase, and 100%/10 is 10%. >_>
    And you really think i care what you think 'bout me?

Then you're doing it wrong....
    They were gonna add 100 space anyways, and that 100 space can be filled with other planes that also do damage. Its not adding 1 wh, it's replacing 100 space worth of planes with a hawk. Durrrp. >_>
    You really should, if you want get your point across, making respectable posts kinda helps...
  • Master3203
    Master3203
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,548
    Yeah. I like the ideas of:
    A. Increased airfield space
    B. Naming ur platoons
    C. Making Aircraft and Infantry repair instead of re-building them
    D. The idea of a defenders platoon
    E. Having less attack space, to give defence a better chance against megas
    F. I agree that making a squads size the same as the attack limit, would be good and then u can have backup squads in the same platoon

Questions/Advice:
    1. When does this update go live
    2. How much increase will our airfield capacity get
    3. Make sure ur servers can handle the pressure this time before u send the update out
    4.Try to sort out the reconnecting errors and lost satellite connection errors
    5. I think if this will be a big update, it should be introduced slowly to get both users used to the new stuff and also get to study the server stress the new updates cause
    6. When are official alliances coming to WC so players can team up against others

I anything else comes up, I'll let u no
    In the absence of light, darkness prevails - Hellboy

Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what your gonna get- Forrest Gump
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 331
    okay, lets see, adding another 130 space to the airfield doesn't only let you put in more warhawks, it can let you add more thunderbolt's, cobra's, etc. so maybe you should think it throuhg more than just looking at it in terms of warhawks.
    Hello There
This discussion has been closed.