Update Preview: Persistent Platoons

• Chaldon
    Chaldon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 127
    David,
    I hope this is the right thread for this...

Will this next update fix the current auto-selection problems of firing on closest available target rather than greatest threat/ return fire? My group and I have noticed this these last few days.
    Examples include, cobras & tanks choosing low-value buildings while under fire from destroyed building troops and troops not on standground. This happens while in RUBI and while not.

Thanks
    "...if you try to take down AA units with Air units you're going to have a bad time."
    - David Scott
  • David Scott
    David Scott
    Co-Founder KIXEYE and all round good guy!
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 3,647
    Chaldon wrote: »
    David,
    I hope this is the right thread for this...

Will this next update fix the current auto-selection problems of firing on closest available target rather than greatest threat/ return fire? My group and I have noticed this these last few days.
    Examples include, cobras & tanks choosing low-value buildings while under fire from destroyed building troops and troops not on standground. This happens while in RUBI and while not.

Thanks
    Nope, not the right thread... but as i'm here: We've not changed any of the game AI for some time, so it's working as it always has. We are planning on improving the AI when we launch synchronous battles (no ETA, but in development now)
    Follow: TheCritters | Subscribe: Facebook 
    What would Gabe do?
  • Gio
    Gio
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 6,455
    Big like thumbs-up1.jpg
    :3
    Playing Battle Pir... Woops, I mean Vega Conflict atm :P

Btw, I'm extremely lazy and all my posts have been deleted...
  • CC Rider
    CC Rider
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 93
    Nope, not the right thread... but as i'm here: We've not changed any of the game AI for some time, so it's working as it always has. We are planning on improving the AI when we launch synchronous battles (no ETA, but in development now)

Does this mean two players can attack one target at the same time? What about viewing battles? This sounds like a great update down the road, I look forward to it!
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    CC Rider wrote: »
    Does this mean two players can attack one target at the same time? What about viewing battles? This sounds like a great update down the road, I look forward to it!

synchronous play means that you can defend your base while being under attack
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• T5D
    T5D
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    when will they be introducing this update?
  • LucBot
    LucBot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 87
    Wow! So now platoons work in a similar way to Fleets in Battle Pirates? And 'repairable' Infantry and Aircraft is useful, it takes a long time to make Cobras. Looks awesome!
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 14,383
    LarsB wrote: »
    synchronous play means that you can defend your base while being under attack
    It also means the end of strategic attacking as well.
    RoyalGuard

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    It also means the end of strategic attacking as well.

yes. You're right
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• ALPHAQ
    ALPHAQ
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 21
    Synchronous play will unveil the true strategy skills of each commander face to face.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    ALPHAQ wrote: »
    Synchronous play will unveil the true strategy skills of each commander face to face.

Synchronous play=end of tactical attacks
    Synchronous play=more spamming

• GoSmokeMore
    GoSmokeMore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,088

no doubt that how things will go.. but then they'll tweak **** and it'll be fantastic
    War Commander: Level 43
  • Tommy Gunn
    Tommy Gunn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 631
    I don't see the need for synch play. We can all work together as is. The rules of the game work pretty well for now I don't think that needs changing.
    WC Level: 30
    User ID: 302068 

[QUOTE=David Scott;1844448]I never stopped loving you my child ;)[/QUOTE]
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    no doubt that how things will go.. but then they'll tweak **** and it'll be fantastic
    Synchronous play will only be fun when we can customise weapons and armour in a similar way to BP.
    RoyalGuard

• ALPHAQ
    ALPHAQ
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 21

looks like you know everything and arent too happy about the update.
  • Assasin_elite_2
    Assasin_elite_2
    Master Tactician
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 2,084
    Synchronous play only will take place if players who gets attacked also is online, most players will still only attack when target is not online.
    So what is the problem with Synchronous play?
    Nothing just need to be implemented as fast as possible to cut off the base camping tactics, if you even can call basecamping a tactic att all.
    Same with Damage Protection.
    Actually there should be only one percentage to get a base into DP, and that is if base is full 100% destroyed.
    No DP at 50% or at 75%, only on 100% and for 24 hours, not 36 hours what is just insane long while base is repaired within 45 minutes.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    looks like you know everything and arent too happy about the update.

synchronous play without any other balance fixes will result in that effect.

• xsenergy
    xsenergy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 383
    I agree. I dont see the need for sync play at all. The game is working fine the way it is. Being able to view your base while someone is attacking you would be fun tho.
  • Ben Palmer
    Ben Palmer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Mshraks wrote: »
    Synchronous play only will take place if players who gets attacked also is online, most players will still only attack when target is not online.
    So what is the problem with Synchronous play?
    Nothing just need to be implemented as fast as possible to cut off the base camping tactics, if you even can call basecamping a tactic att all.
    Same with Damage Protection.
    Actually there should be only one percentage to get a base into DP, and that is if base is full 100% destroyed.
    No DP at 50% or at 75%, only on 100% and for 24 hours, not 36 hours what is just insane long while base is repaired within 45 minutes.
    With synchronous play:
    - Lasers and razorbacks become completely and utterly useless.
    - Mortar baiting becomes useless.
    - Everyone just uses megas because they are the best brute-force unit.
    - The game dies completely.
    RoyalGuard

• Tommy Gunn
    Tommy Gunn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 631
    Ben Palmer wrote: »
    With synchronous play:
    - Lasers and razorbacks become completely and utterly useless.
    - Mortar baiting becomes useless.
    - Everyone just uses megas because they are the best brute-force unit.
    - The game dies completely.

Agree completely. Why not add a few second dozers as a **** you to the real players?:(
    WC Level: 30
    User ID: 302068 

[QUOTE=David Scott;1844448]I never stopped loving you my child ;)[/QUOTE]
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 331
    completely agreed Ben, strategic warfare exists in game, and in real life. so adding synchronous play just screws everyone over, well, all the good players at least.
    Hello There
  • Doink Kulitz
    Doink Kulitz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 12
    we don't have that update
  • Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 111
    "• Platoons will be repaired both on your base and on deposits, but only one at a time"

Please keep in mind that waiting is not fun. I understand that much of games these days are based on waiting I'm concerned that making players "wait" is becoming more important a game design element than "action" please don't over encumber the game with more waiting and long timers. Building upgrades yeah sure days of waiting I love it (sarcasm yes, but I understand and accept it) So hey lets keep the action flowing, please consider a better more balanced way of repairing units than one at a time. Personally I don't like it, there's no way to sugar coat it for you sorry. I think all the ideas mentioned in the first post in this thread are interesting accept for one unit repairing at a time. I understand that you need to make money off this game to keep it alive but isn't there a better way than one unit repairing at a time? It just doesn't feel like a balanced approach to me at all. Just say'n. I mean I've been playing vids for over two decades (yeah I'm old thanks for pointing that out lol) so I know something about what I'm talking about here.

Please stop twisting my arm with the waiting game...
  • Jeffrey Vachon
    Jeffrey Vachon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 111

Synchronous play is not the nature of this game and should never be the nature of this game. That is not this game and that is why I like this game I have a PS3 I've been playing vids for over two decades now and I know something about what I'm talking about. Doing what you are talking about would require making this game into a whole other game that isn't anything like this game. You want synchronous play then get a copy of BF3 or modern warfare or one of the thousands of games already made from the ground up for that type of game play. If that's really what you want than this game isn't for you. That's really the bottom line.
  • Compuser84
    Compuser84
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 60
    I want synchronous play just to shut people up....oh I'm so great, I took out your base, look at me, I'm awesome...blah blah blah...yet if you sit in your base, which is the only way to defend it right now, you get called a ****. Come out and fight! and so on. :rolleyes:

What ever, I know I'm wasting my time even posting in this thread. Carry on. ;)

AND for the record, I'm 46 and have been playing games online that were text based and on dialup bulletin boards, before anyone questions my experience.

Have a nice day. :)
  • GoSmokeMore
    GoSmokeMore
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,088
    Gotta say, a lot of the ones crying about synch. play are the ones who cry about cryers...I think it'll be great. Yea it'll mess up our "tactic" of a riflemen bait, but new tactics will arise.
    War Commander: Level 43
  • xsenergy
    xsenergy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 383
    When When When can we expect this awesome update?
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Compuser84 wrote: »
    I want synchronous play just to shut people up....oh I'm so great, I took out your base, look at me, I'm awesome...blah blah blah...yet if you sit in your base, which is the only way to defend it right now, you get called a ****. Come out and fight! and so on. :rolleyes:

What ever, I know I'm wasting my time even posting in this thread. Carry on. ;)

AND for the record, I'm 46 and have been playing games online that were text based and on dialup bulletin boards, before anyone questions my experience.

Have a nice day. :)

Rude much? not everyone, not even a majority of the people brag about destroying bases. i do on occasion but thats if the base is actually good. i think that you should do some research before posting anything on here okay? okay.
    Hello There
  • Harley James DeVoe
    Harley James DeVoe
    Skilled Warrior
    Gotta say, a lot of the ones crying about synch. play are the ones who cry about cryers...I think it'll be great. Yea it'll mess up our "tactic" of a riflemen bait, but new tactics will arise.

not only rifleman bait, every bit of our tactics are going to get effed up. you'll have to be two steps ahead of the enemy to be able to destroy even half their base. and sometimes, that won't even work.
    Hello There
  • Dyno Gas
    Dyno Gas
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    looking forward to this new "platoon management" upgrade - the persistant platoon sounds great although i'm wondering if this one will be given special limits on it's size considering it'll be defending the base. o.O
This discussion has been closed.