Player Profiles. What type of player are you?

• paulmh
    paulmh
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,692
    Goldair1 wrote: »
    I'm a player that thinks before he shots.

same here, I think a choice has been missed off now for the players who send 1 dog, then only use the Kondor. Can the TommyGunn add "unskilled Kondor muppet" as a choice? or not. Just sayin'.
    User I.D. 1528381

AREA52 'cos 51 was already taken...........
     [url]http://forums.kixeye.com/faq.php?faq...orting_hackers[/url]
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    paulmh wrote: »
    same here, I think a choice has been missed off now for the players who send 1 dog, then only use the Kondor. Can the TommyGunn add "unskilled Kondor muppet" as a choice? or not. Just sayin'.

I think that belongs in the 'spammer' category....
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• paulmh
    paulmh
    LarsB wrote: »
    I think that belongs in the 'spammer' category....

That depends on what base is being hit. I've seen people bubble a base with 1 attack using a Kondor, my base will last 3 attacks so I would say 3 attacks is spamming but still, there is little to zero skill in using a Kondor in my opinion, as it seems to self target and gives out quite a bit of damage per pass. I admit that it takes some skill or a lot of gold to get the Kondor in the first place but like all the events lately, if you look after your platoons early on, you will get the better units. The latest events seem to favor "spamming" I think, but I wouldn't know about the last event as I had too many bugs and glitches in game to even bother trying for much more than the Honey Badger, and that's another useless unit once you have anything above it.
    User I.D. 1528381

• LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    paulmh wrote: »
    That depends on what base is being hit. I've seen people bubble a base with 1 attack using a Kondor, my base will last 3 attacks so I would say 3 attacks is spamming but still, there is little to zero skill in using a Kondor in my opinion, as it seems to self target and gives out quite a bit of damage per pass. I admit that it takes some skill or a lot of gold to get the Kondor in the first place but like all the events lately, if you look after your platoons early on, you will get the better units. The latest events seem to favor "spamming" I think, but I wouldn't know about the last event as I had too many bugs and glitches in game to even bother trying for much more than the Honey Badger, and that's another useless unit once you have anything above it.

Lol, my bases can never be dp'ed by a Kondor alone....
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• FRoe
    FRoe
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,952
    The Kondor is useless if you have the right base layout. I myself dont even have the Kondor and I will make sure it is the last unit I do eventually unlock just because how worthless it is to a player like me.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    FRoe wrote: »
    The Kondor is useless if you have the right base layout. I myself dont even have the Kondor and I will make sure it is the last unit I do eventually unlock just because how worthless it is to a player like me.

Well said Froe...

• The Exile-S2K
    The Exile-S2K
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 669
    I am a spammer that uses hawks megas and hellfires
    mmm
  • The Exile-S2K
    The Exile-S2K
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 669
    For platoons i use dogs hercs and gats
    mmm
  • paulmh
    paulmh
    3 Challengers and 6 Elite Hellfires and I can DP pretty much any base in 1 go. Sometimes, if I feel lie it, I will take the mines out with dogs first, but usually there's no need to.
    User I.D. 1528381

• leonas
    leonas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 833
    i would be a mix of all exept the spammer/coiner :lol:
    Level: 37
    Group:  Total Anarchy
    Event rewards: All 
  • TheRealTroop
    TheRealTroop
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,058
    I'm a Sniper, and when that doesnt work i really rely on Mortar Baiting to see me through the battle
    War Commander: Level 34 ::: Sector(s): Im Everywhere BYM: Quit Battle Pirates: Quit [QUOTE=Skycrusher;2849124]Your sarcasm will have alot more impact and weight with the intended audiance when you speak with your head out of your arse, sir.[/QUOTE]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • Morph7829
    Morph7829
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,633
    Going by the criteria i would be mostly a sniper. No spamming.
    Don't keep sending cheating threads, helps the cheater stay in the game http://support.kixeye.com/mail/

Event Rewards to get: the FAV, FAV schematic, elite gladiator, elite suicide truck, gat schematic, spectre, viper and warhead.
  • basharatali999
    basharatali999
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 40
    Why my toons not repair when i am off line
    when i am go offline toons stile and stop repairing
    tel me kixeye
  • SF-Anubis
    SF-Anubis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 165
    I'm whatever the base need to get a bubble lol, strategy of attacking a base depends on i am attacking. I mostly use hellfires and only use 1 platoon, but when sync play was put in, i sometimes take 2 platoons if the player is online. When player is online it's harder to attack with hellfires. But I think the sniper/baiter type most fit me I dont let my platoon get hit, the only thing that is most annoying is the rocket soldiers coming out of the buildings and the cover tank you have for hellfire not shooting them when they get in range. (hope kixeye fix that)
  • KillerFarjad
    KillerFarjad
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 13
    Im a sniper ;)

War Commander : lvl 28

Sector 150

Event Prizes: Attack Dog, Honey Badger, Gatling Truck, Stingers,
    Shock Troopers, Elite Riflemen, Flak Tank, Laser Tank, Gladiator and
    Hellfire

• The Retaliator
    The Retaliator
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 126
    no warhawks?

mainly sniper here, razor kills the gun turrets, warhawks kills the mortars. all rogue bases are dead easy liker that.

the more advanced turrets sometimes take a bit more planning, and sometimes baiting/spam/powerhouse in the odd occasion that a good angle cant be achieved for sniping. 

• Xinweicheng Mrburns
    Xinweicheng Mrburns
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 120

I'm a noob:

someone who sends weak tanks to mortar fire and weak copter to AA

• Aryaman Bhagat
    Aryaman Bhagat
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 21
    i use razors (dont have ehells)cobras rocket buggy & i also use attack dogs for mortar and rbt
    that would put me somewhere between sniper and master baiter

Never underestimate three things I,me & myself
  • Spaskiba
    Spaskiba
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 825
    I'm a mix of sniper and spammer, I use 2 ehf to fool my enemy to get away from turrets and then either send raptor or suicide truck, and then spawn 4 more ehf from a different toon and change into sniper mode.
    Read this if you want to enjoy the game http://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/288866/x/p1
  • Outlaw_Rythian
    Outlaw_Rythian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 940
    im more of a sniper..i use elite hellfires 90% of the time.
  • BLINDPUE
    BLINDPUE
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3
    ive got a split personality  according to this  as it depends on the lay out of the base im attacking as to what i use and how i use it so if that makes me jeckle and hide  in the mind  its fine with me and with my other me 
    fay dale
  • MrErratic
    MrErratic
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 20
    Im a sniperr :{D
  • Shawn Duong
    Shawn Duong
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 442
    Sniper here. Lvl 26 and bubbled many people without losing a warhawk, razorback, hellfire, or paladin.
  • Annihilation9190
    Annihilation9190
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 168
    i snipe bait and at times am a power house so what am i?
    War Commander = 29

Event prizes= Elite Gats, Elite Hellfire, Dogs, Elite Riflemen, Honey badger, Hellstorm, Shock Troopers, and Plasma.

Advanced Units= Collosuss, Havoc

History is written by the Victor.
  • derhaka91
    derhaka91
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3

please come back again my acoount open suspended

• Beast_WCC
    Beast_WCC
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 28

Im a master baiter, with a mix of sniper and a little bit of power house....Except my choice in units Ehells, Hellstorms, Behemoths

• FORTFRANKLIN19
    FORTFRANKLIN19
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 145

I'M A DISGUSTED PLAYER.

• Leford Skittles Langlais
    Leford Skittles Langlais
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 33

might say depends on the base layout itself, might just go in there with a bunch of heavies, and cobra, with ewh and 2 missile.... lmfao...XD. again, some bases are all anti-air or all anti-ground, or mix. so gotta mix it up.

"Don't Expect to Win, with you're limited Resources, you're better off my slave"
  • Deathstar1783
    Deathstar1783
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 29

not sure what type i am i use a little bit of all them types so 

deathstar
  • henrythetallguy
    henrythetallguy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4
    As I've been playing War Commander I have come across lots of different players all with their own strategies. Each one works and I understand and respect the concepts behind each one. I have compiled this list as a kind of profiler for people to find which kind of player you are. It also gives clues as to which units you will want to upgrade. I have put the actual strategies in spoilers to conserve space, just click the spoiler to expand the article. I have also put links to the War Commander Wiki on each unit in case you want to do some more reading on the units.

The Sniper
    A long ranged attacker that stays just out of reach in an attack. He picks off your units and towers one by one. The max range of a Gun Turret is 345 so anything that can out range a Gun can be used for Sniping.
    Strategy:
    Spoiler:
    First off you cannot snipe a Mortar. You can bait it (see baiter strategy guide) and attack it while it focusing on the baiting unit. Guns on the other hand can be out ranged by any units Paladin plus. Laser Tanks work wonders in sniping (4 LTs can take down a level 10 Gun Tower in one shot) but the LT will not be released to those that didn’t get them for a long time. Razorbacks are the equivalent, but they have severely reduced damage.
    Cobras are the best air units for sniping because of their long range and the fact that they stand still in mid air and can be commanded like vehicles. Copter Drones can attack a Mortar Tower placed next to a Gun Turret if you attack from the direct opposite side.
    How to do it: Deploy your minesweeper units first, run them back and forth in the area you will be sniping from in order to detonate any mines that might kill your snipers. Then deploy your Sniping units, kill any towers and units you can, bait to kill any others. Save the Resource Storages for last so you don’t invoke DP before your done attacking.
    I am being vague as to how to attack precisely because each base is different and you will need to puzzle it out yourself each time. This strategy will work in most cases but may not work in all. Experiment! Find what works best for YOU.
    Vehicles used: Razorback, Laser Tank, and any tank with 345+ range. Gatling Truck/Rocket Buggy (baiting)
    Air units: Cobra, Copter Drones
    Infantry used: Suicide Bomber (baiting), Rifleman (mine sweeping), The Sniper is actually NOT a good sniper.

Advantages: Don't lose as many troops, because health is not as much of a concern you can micro-heal units.
    Disadvantages: Sniping units tend to have low health and one mistake can cost you the whole battle.

The Spammer
    Uses lots of tanks to accomplish any task with 100% certainty of victory. The idea is simple: send lots of units and they will kill everything eventually.
    Strategy:
    Spoiler:
    Do I have to spell it out to you? Send lots of unit and kill everything. End of story.
    Vehicles used: Mega Tanks, Challengers, Paladins, Rhinos
    Air used: Raptors, Thunderbolts, Wing Drones
    Infantry used: Suicide Bombers, Hercules

Advantages: Nearly 100% certainty of winning.
    Disadvantages: Disrespect from your peers, Lots of repair time, Cost of attack sometimes doesn't equal gain.

The Master-Baiter
    One of the hardest skills to master but also one of the most useful. It can make any unit useful. It requires speed from the units and health to to survive. You must be able to multi task between running your baiting units back and forth and keeping your attacking units on target.
    Strategy:
    Spoiler:
    You must know and memorize the range of Mortar Towers and Gun Turrets. Then you must keep dancing just in range without being hit. Then at the same time you must be coming up from the side or behind and attack with everything you have.
    When baiting Gun Turrets you must approach it slightly differently. For Guns you must spam (horrid word spam isn’t it?) riflemen or some other low space unit at the Gun to distract it while your Air units pound it from above.
    How to do it: Deploy you baiting units deploy you attacking units. Group your attackers just outside of range. Get your Baiters in place on the opposite side. Send only Baiter in first and get the attention of the Mortar, while you also pull in your attackers once the first shell has landed. Keep dancing your Baiter in front of the Mortar by moving from one side to the other. The best way to do this is with fast units that can get out of the way quickly. Try sitting in one place until the first shell has been launched then move to a place just out of range of splash damage, and then move back to your first place one another barrage has been launched.
    For Gun Turrets group a large squad of riflemen at the edge of the Guns range. Deploy your air units and wait about 1 second before sending all your riflemen at once into the Gun. Remember that Air units like TBs and Raptors will pass over the Gun and continue in a straight line. They may be hit by other guns if you’re not careful.
    Vehicles used: Rocket Buggy, Gatling Truck. Attacking units can be just about anything.
    Air used: Thunderbolts, Raptors
    Infantry used: Riflemen, Suicide Bombers, Flamethrowers

Advantages: Only a few units are sacrificed, Very good at killing just about everything (baiting of some kind is the center of almost all strategy)
    Disadvantages: Very hard to accomplish effectively, hard to get back on track if something goes wrong.

The Powerhouse
    Someone who relies on high damage to kill a target before it can do too much damage to his units. Similar to a Spammer but requires more skill.
    Strategy:
    Spoiler:
    There isn’t much to explain about this strategy. Send your highest health unit into gun fire to soak up damage while high damage units back him up by trying to kill the Defenses before it kills the Tank.
    How to do it: Send in your Tank and your attacking units. The Tank goes first into gun fire and the other units follow. Try to target the Mortars first as they will do the most damage to your Tank. Remember that Mortar shells will land wherever your Tank was when the shells were launched be careful that your units aren’t hit by the shells as they follow the Tank.
    Vehicles used: Mega Tank (to soak up damage), your highest DPS units
    Air used: Thunderbolt, Raptor, Wing Drone
    Infantry used: Suicide Bomber, Flamethrower

Advantages: Quick battles, very few lost units.
    Disadvantages: Repair times from sacrificing Mega Tank(s)

Remember that each strategy has its drawbacks and strong points. Experiment as to which style fits you best. You don’t always have to follow the same style over and over it’s a good idea to have a backup plan in case you run out of units. These profiles aren’t the only types and there are a lot more strategies out there. I will be sure to try to edit more styles of combat into the list as I find them.

Salutations Henry