Player Profiles. What type of player are you?

Tommy Gunn
Tommy Gunn
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 631
edited 12 Jan 2013, 10:59PM
As I've been playing War Commander I have come across lots of different players all with their own strategies. Each one works and I understand and respect the concepts behind each one. I have compiled this list as a kind of profiler for people to find which kind of player you are. It also gives clues as to which units you will want to upgrade. I have put the actual strategies in spoilers to conserve space, just click the spoiler to expand the article. I have also put links to the War Commander Wiki on each unit in case you want to do some more reading on the units.

The Sniper
A long ranged attacker that stays just out of reach in an attack. He picks off your units and towers one by one. The max range of a Gun Turret is 345 so anything that can out range a Gun can be used for Sniping.
Strategy:
First off you cannot snipe a Mortar. You can bait it (see baiter strategy guide) and attack it while it focusing on the baiting unit. Guns on the other hand can be out ranged by any units Paladin plus. Laser Tanks work wonders in sniping (4 LTs can take down a level 10 Gun Tower in one shot) but the LT will not be released to those that didn’t get them for a long time. Razorbacks are the equivalent, but they have severely reduced damage.
Cobras are the best air units for sniping because of their long range and the fact that they stand still in mid air and can be commanded like vehicles. Copter Drones can attack a Mortar Tower placed next to a Gun Turret if you attack from the direct opposite side.
How to do it: Deploy your minesweeper units first, run them back and forth in the area you will be sniping from in order to detonate any mines that might kill your snipers. Then deploy your Sniping units, kill any towers and units you can, bait to kill any others. Save the Resource Storages for last so you don’t invoke DP before your done attacking.
I am being vague as to how to attack precisely because each base is different and you will need to puzzle it out yourself each time. This strategy will work in most cases but may not work in all. Experiment! Find what works best for YOU.
Vehicles used: Razorback, Laser Tank, and any tank with 345+ range. Gatling Truck/Rocket Buggy (baiting)
Air units: Cobra, Copter Drones
Infantry used: Suicide Bomber (baiting), Rifleman (mine sweeping), The Sniper is actually NOT a good sniper.

Advantages: Don't lose as many troops, because health is not as much of a concern you can micro-heal units.
Disadvantages: Sniping units tend to have low health and one mistake can cost you the whole battle.

The Spammer
Uses lots of tanks to accomplish any task with 100% certainty of victory. The idea is simple: send lots of units and they will kill everything eventually.
Strategy:
Do I have to spell it out to you? Send lots of unit and kill everything. End of story.
Vehicles used: Mega Tanks, Challengers, Paladins, Rhinos
Air used: Raptors, Thunderbolts, Wing Drones
Infantry used: Suicide Bombers, Hercules

Advantages: Nearly 100% certainty of winning.
Disadvantages: Disrespect from your peers, Lots of repair time, Cost of attack sometimes doesn't equal gain.

The Master-Baiter
One of the hardest skills to master but also one of the most useful. It can make any unit useful. It requires speed from the units and health to to survive. You must be able to multi task between running your baiting units back and forth and keeping your attacking units on target.
Strategy:
You must know and memorize the range of Mortar Towers and Gun Turrets. Then you must keep dancing just in range without being hit. Then at the same time you must be coming up from the side or behind and attack with everything you have.
When baiting Gun Turrets you must approach it slightly differently. For Guns you must spam (horrid word spam isn’t it?) riflemen or some other low space unit at the Gun to distract it while your Air units pound it from above.
How to do it: Deploy you baiting units deploy you attacking units. Group your attackers just outside of range. Get your Baiters in place on the opposite side. Send only Baiter in first and get the attention of the Mortar, while you also pull in your attackers once the first shell has landed. Keep dancing your Baiter in front of the Mortar by moving from one side to the other. The best way to do this is with fast units that can get out of the way quickly. Try sitting in one place until the first shell has been launched then move to a place just out of range of splash damage, and then move back to your first place one another barrage has been launched.
For Gun Turrets group a large squad of riflemen at the edge of the Guns range. Deploy your air units and wait about 1 second before sending all your riflemen at once into the Gun. Remember that Air units like TBs and Raptors will pass over the Gun and continue in a straight line. They may be hit by other guns if you’re not careful.
Vehicles used: Rocket Buggy, Gatling Truck. Attacking units can be just about anything.
Air used: Thunderbolts, Raptors
Infantry used: Riflemen, Suicide Bombers, Flamethrowers

Advantages: Only a few units are sacrificed, Very good at killing just about everything (baiting of some kind is the center of almost all strategy)
Disadvantages: Very hard to accomplish effectively, hard to get back on track if something goes wrong.

The Powerhouse
Someone who relies on high damage to kill a target before it can do too much damage to his units. Similar to a Spammer but requires more skill.
Strategy:
There isn’t much to explain about this strategy. Send your highest health unit into gun fire to soak up damage while high damage units back him up by trying to kill the Defenses before it kills the Tank.
How to do it: Send in your Tank and your attacking units. The Tank goes first into gun fire and the other units follow. Try to target the Mortars first as they will do the most damage to your Tank. Remember that Mortar shells will land wherever your Tank was when the shells were launched be careful that your units aren’t hit by the shells as they follow the Tank.
Vehicles used: Mega Tank (to soak up damage), your highest DPS units
Air used: Thunderbolt, Raptor, Wing Drone
Infantry used: Suicide Bomber, Flamethrower

Advantages: Quick battles, very few lost units.
Disadvantages: Repair times from sacrificing Mega Tank(s)

Remember that each strategy has its drawbacks and strong points. Experiment as to which style fits you best. You don’t always have to follow the same style over and over it’s a good idea to have a backup plan in case you run out of units. These profiles aren’t the only types and there are a lot more strategies out there. I will be sure to try to edit more styles of combat into the list as I find them.
WC Level: 30
User ID: 302068 

[QUOTE=David Scott;1844448]I never stopped loving you my child ;)[/QUOTE]
  • Tommy Gunn
    Tommy Gunn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 631
    I am going to take the fact that no one commented on this post to mean that everyone agrees with me. ;)
    WC Level: 30
    User ID: 302068 

[QUOTE=David Scott;1844448]I never stopped loving you my child ;)[/QUOTE]
  • Shades
    Shades
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 149
    I am a Powerhouse :cool:
    BP lvl 23,ID:151366,in game name: 213akaRAHUL
    WC lvl 25,ID:5906
    BP:Sector 53
    Sector 89
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    i just use challengers, mega tanks or laser tanks, depending on my mood and the base, but i always use mortar baiting. Minesweeping i only use with laser tanks. So that makes me a sniper i think.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• Nyen
    Nyen
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 1,653
    Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    The Master-Baiter

AHAHAHAHAHA!!

Seriously, I think I am a sniper most of the time, but when it comes to small depots and players who think they are bad **** by not upgrading their mortars (face it, its hard to bait a low level mortar because of their small range) , I just spam.
    Admin of war commander wiki and vega-conflict wiki.
    WC Tech admin. Please like WC tech for the latest WC news and tips.
    WC:Level 40 - RETIRED
     (\__/)
     (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
     (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • FRoe
    FRoe
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,952
    I snipe and bait so what does that make me? A hybrid :p
  • Chaldon
    Chaldon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 127
    it makes you a sniperbaitor
    "...if you try to take down AA units with Air units you're going to have a bad time."
    - David Scott
  • stevemac
    stevemac
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 852
    Im not sure what i am, somewhere between sniper & powerhouse. Depending on factors, mood time, likely hood of log in/ a friend showing up. Ideally im a sniper, but under pressure i become a powerhouse, i minesweep with paladins & bait with the pointy end of my megas.
    i think you need to learn yourself, you dont get air support unless your attacking a base or refinery, so you reply isn't worth the brain matter you used to type it.

Having trouble with deops? read this ---> Quick-guide-to-capturing-depos
    Sick of bully alliances who cant fight without a gang to back them up? Become part of the solution to bullies & cowards --->
    Now recruiting scouts & assault troops Overlords

Lead from the front, not from a desk.
  • B0SS
    B0SS
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,760
    Hmm I think I am the Master-Baiter:

Vehicles used: Challengers, Laser Tanks and Gatling Trucks.
    Aircraft used: Elite Warhawk.
    Infantry used: FlameThrowers, Riflemans and Attack Dogs.
  • LarsB
    LarsB
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 15,313
    You should add a poll to this.
    WC: Lvl: 35 User ID: 933725 Sector: 38
    Prizes won: Elite Rifleman, Elite Heavy Gunner, Attack Dog, Stinger, Shock Trooper, Colossus, Gladiator, Elite Humvee, Honey Badger, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Shock Tank, Flak Tank, FAV, Elite Laser Tank + Schematic, Elite Hellfire+ Schematic, Elite Mega Tank, Behemoth, Reaper Drone, Elite Warhawk , Havoc, Hellstorm, Kondor, Heavy Ionized Armor

I am not a moderator or developer and I do not work for ♞KIXEYE in any way, I'm just an Elder of the game

• bwehehehe
    bwehehehe
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 132
    I'm a master-baiter when I include my dogs (I have 70 of them), sniper sometimes (Razors on depos), and actually a tank spammer xD. I have 45 Rhinos, getting them replaced within 2 days with Paladins.
    WC: Level 26, Team Philippines

BP: Level 25, Sector 131. Currently inactive. 

Events: Warhawk, Hellfire, Undead Harvest, Shockwave, Hellstorm, Red Swarm
    Event Units Unlocked: Elite Warhawk, Elite Gatling Truck, Elite Rifleman, Drone Silo, Hellfire, Shock Trooper, Honey Badger, Attack Dog, Laser Tank
                                                                      File:Fegelein!.gif
  • Gio
    Gio
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 6,455
    Ima mix between the sniper and powerhouse.
    Nice...
    :3
    Playing Battle Pir... Woops, I mean Vega Conflict atm :P

Btw, I'm extremely lazy and all my posts have been deleted...
  • paulmh
    paulmh
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,692
    I have to disagree with you spoiler about not being able to snipe mortars, if you approach from the opposite side to the gun tower, you can "snipe" with any rotor air.

Back on topic, I think I am a mix of sniper and "spammer" depending on the situation.
    User I.D. 1528381

AREA52 'cos 51 was already taken...........
     [url]http://forums.kixeye.com/faq.php?faq...orting_hackers[/url]
  • -Overlord-
    -Overlord-
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,471
    Hi all! I'm new to the game and the forum.

I guess that makes me a master baiter but more of a powerhouse. Love the new Attack dogs & Elite Warhawks units.
  • SEAL TEAM LEADER
    SEAL TEAM LEADER
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,258
    Hmm...

I Don't know which I am.

Im a cross between Sniper, Spammer (When im lazy and pissed), and Master-Baiter. Im not sure i want to me a masterbaiter LOL
    LvL 84 N00B |476
    RealNightFury
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,663
    Master-PowerSniSpamBaiter ... Ehmmm??? :confused:
    War Commander:  34 ID: 741119 :D
    TOME Immortal Arena : Level?:1 ID: 4057 (Region support needed :D )
    Retired from all the other games of Kixeye.To report a Player or report a Bug/Glitch : Kixeye Support
  • Elite252
    Elite252
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 318
    i'm all except for the spammer!
  • Valthazar
    Valthazar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 217
    i use all these styles it just depends on the situation, the deposit, the base, the platoon. i usually prefer to snipe but sometimes there's a time where people just force their way through, spamming and sacrificing over 30 tanks just to completely annihilate you.
  • Elite252
    Elite252
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 318
    I don't sacrifice that many units! I have hundred of tanks! but I only repair is 10 only that's maximum! if my tanks died I micro revive them and bring them again into action! Also there should be a infantry spamming ( Try spamming 5 platoons full of suicide and let's see! XD)
  • SEAL TEAM LEADER
    SEAL TEAM LEADER
    Incursion Leader
    Elite252 wrote: »
    I don't sacrifice that many units! I have hundred of tanks! but I only repair is 10 only that's maximum! if my tanks died I micro revive them and bring them again into action! Also there should be a infantry spamming ( Try spamming 5 platoons full of suicide and let's see! XD)

ive done that before lol. didnt turn out good....
    LvL 84 N00B |476
    Darren Hackney
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 303
    I snipe then use air on mortars with my thunders :)
    WC Tag: Darren
    Level:23
    Alliance: War Pigs....(got kicked out of SPARTA for personal reason...hehe? :worried: )
    Sector: 333 ;)
    I Love You
    English..... I Love You
    Spanish..... Te Amo
    Redneck..... Nice ****
  • XBlueIce09
    XBlueIce09
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    I don't what kind a type player am i..i use Rhinos, And Humvees to get the job done :cool:
    If The War Doesn't End..The War Will End Us-H G Wells.lol Only Dead Armies Have Seen The War-PLATO, 5 Moments On The War:Moment Of Truth,Lie.Moment To Live,Die,And Fight

Nickname:XBlue_Ice-Man 09
    Alliances: Currentlly None
    Sector:14
  • SEAL TEAM LEADER
    SEAL TEAM LEADER
    Incursion Leader
    XBlueIce09 wrote: »
    I don't what kind a type player am i..i use Rhinos, And Humvees to get the job done :cool:

Try mega tanks. They'll come in handy for spamming...
    LvL 84 N00B |476
    XBlueIce09
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 10
    lol i'll try it soonest i get them (low res currentlly)
    If The War Doesn't End..The War Will End Us-H G Wells.lol Only Dead Armies Have Seen The War-PLATO, 5 Moments On The War:Moment Of Truth,Lie.Moment To Live,Die,And Fight

Nickname:XBlue_Ice-Man 09
    Alliances: Currentlly None
    Sector:14
  • SGT_HAM
    SGT_HAM
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 1,570
    i spam units sometimes or i just take out the turrets and then do the rest with aircraft
    Watch War Commander Videos and Subscribe to my channel at my youtube channel
    I'm going to pretend you didn't just admit to breaking both Facebooks and our Terms of Service by making a 2nd account.
    NickName: SGT_HAM
    Level:32 Home Sector: 164 Current Sector: 184
    Events Completed: Rogue Assault(Special Color). Red Faction(HQ Edition).WarHawk(Elite Version).HellFire(Elite Version)
    :D
  • synystergates
    synystergates
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 668
    im only lvl 15 so i havnt experienced alot, but i bait and only loose a couple of marines, so im no expert but i think im pretty good at it
  • Ghost 204
    Ghost 204
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 228
    I'm a master-baiter. lol
    Otheym wrote: »
    I am amazed that people come here and basically say; "I attacked another player, should they be acting upset in chat and coming after me? Why is the rest of their game buddies also coming after me?" So sure, some people whine way more then they need to, but it is a war game, attack and expect to be attacked back.

Having trouble with OP: Rolling Thunder? Easy strategy to take down lvl 20 bases with copters and Rhinos.
  • david t kozich
    david t kozich
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 932
    not a master biater, i have no hands lol
    DAVID T KOZICH
    AKA NO HANDS ON DECK
  • Dr. Robotnik
    Dr. Robotnik
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,618
    Im a lvl 24 warlord hit my depo once and i dp you many times
    i use stratgy to take down anything
    i know how to beat a megatank with a jackrabbet (dont ask it takes hours to explane)
    my motto: He who annoys me gets destroyed
    dont mess with this nerd
    I am Dr. Robotnik, not to be confused with my father Dr. Gerald robotnik

I am another one of his experiments, his most powerful experiment....
    i like wafflz!
  • Drako2k0
    Drako2k0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,320
    I am mainly a sniper, but I have to disagree about mortars not able to be sniped. If you expose them properly with a bit of baiting, or you find that sweet angle that can dodge a gun turret's reach, you can snipe a mortar with air.
    WC User ID: 799779
    Favorite Units: Elite Warhawk (Level 8) - Elite Gatling Truck (Level 8) - Elite Hellfire Tank (Level 8)
    Gun Turrets - Level 10 X8
    Mortar Turrets - Level 10 X6
    Bunkers - Level 5/Level 5
    We plan to add the ability to customize your base and units: more defensive turret options, adding customizations to platoons, and creating new units that are 100% customizable.
  • Dr. Robotnik
    Dr. Robotnik
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,618
    yep true
    i snip the morts all the time
    i also snipe the guns with my razorbacks
    I am Dr. Robotnik, not to be confused with my father Dr. Gerald robotnik

I am another one of his experiments, his most powerful experiment....
    i like wafflz!