Alliance Defending

• Eagle_1
    Eagle_1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 5
    This feature will be a great addition in allowing alliance members to help protect their own. I would also like to see a way to increase active intercepts of base hit as well, perhaps by installing a 5-10 sec delay on the inbound side of a base hit, where the offensive fleet is vulnerable to an inbound sector or alliance fleet, intercepting before the base hit occurs. This would take away the seeming invulnerability of fleets sailing in, hitting and escaping just by maintaining motion and would require more support for and/or planning by the attacker, getting more people actively involved.
  • Mitchell Gravenmier
    Mitchell Gravenmier
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 38
    Great idea i think it would help alot for the low lvls
    The **** hole Prototype
  • TearEmUpTim
    TearEmUpTim
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 117
    Alliance Defending Fleets, Guard Fleets, In Base Defending Fleets, the Base Defenses themselves and of course lets not forget Friendly Bubbles. Hell lets just make peace... This is way too much work!

I can see it already:

I'm prepping some guys base and when I pop out to send in my main attack fleet, 30 of his friends will be there defending his base.

GAME OVER!!!
  • FairPlay
    FairPlay
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 26
    Its happening also now. When I go to the neighbor sector, 6-7 fleets run ahead of me and hit every base im trying to attack. It's really a game killer! 30 min travel for nothing.
  • robbing bastards
    robbing bastards
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 39
    Yes i agree they fkd this 1 up big time for solo players like me ,im lvl 35 n cant hit a lvl 30 base ,all my ships were blitz flts which ive bought n refitted to suit that now there dead in the water ,i deactivated my account b/c all i can do is salvage n im 35 i been talked into loadin my account again .i sent a few emails and they sent automated response sayin we know u waited a few days for a response and if i dont need help reply to email,cerberus n guards av killed my game , i refitted my mortor ships to make blitz flts ,not going round in circles payin to refit all the time ,yeah its ok for u develpoers who play the game u av every ship open to play n it costs u nothing to refit instant ,i feel like ripping ur fkn head off ty ,oh i have 260+friends who play bp n im number 1 on there lists n u screwed my game over
  • OdenTheBlack
    OdenTheBlack
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 124
    If you want more fleet on fleet attacks bring back the attack button. As of now no one really even tries to attack anyone any more. You sucked the fun out of the game Kikeye.
  • GTFO-BTA
    GTFO-BTA
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 6
    Bad idea...... re introduce the option of attacking fleet when they are hitting base as it was prior to spectator mode. With numerous guard fleets it would be almost impossible to hit bases unless you are in an alliance, this might phase out some solo players. just my $.02 worth
  • Hawk
    Hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 106
    How will it work if you dont have the Alliance name in yours ??
  • antman
    antman
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,293
    Please fix the buddy bubble system first. Please make it so gaurding a base(whether attacked or not) WILL pop the gaurders bubble.

Woops way to big first time lol
  • Hawk
    Hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 106
    bringing back the attack button would be a better idea it would then enable more Fleet V Fleet action as at the moment it is non existent, And also letting us relocate to any sector not just the ones we might have friends in.
  • txcboy36
    txcboy36
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 44
    Great idea....i like that idea.

Should stir things up a little and recreate a new battling scenerio....wont be so easy for some of these bases to be overrun.
  • absolutely_pissed
    absolutely_pissed
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 529
    can we still "punish" alliance members? i attack my own guys all the time, just to show em what they've screwed up.

And also i would like to see a single battle map with like 10-20 fleets on it just going to hell on to each other, maybe 4-5 different alliances - free for all battle - last man standing kinda stuff. SWEET
    "I assume they cut off all outside contact and put bars on the windows, feed the devs white bread and salt water all weekend till they snap and crap out a new lab...."

• kvd
    kvd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,130
    can we still "punish" alliance members? i attack my own guys all the time, just to show em what they've screwed up.

And also i would like to see a single battle map with like 10-20 fleets on it just going to hell on to each other, maybe 4-5 different alliances - free for all battle - last man standing kinda stuff. SWEET

i think this would be a great idea. but a way with no coining (or controled) alowed. ex 100 credits useable per day. and thats all,or mabee a bit diffrent number but you get the point.
    aswell as a chat for the leaders,and over all chat. this could be a new raid type. and the winning aliance all gets a new hull. in the way of this there will be something like a line.(boundrys) and its your job to push abck those boundries all the way to the aliance head quarters,than kill the base. while the other aliance can defend their borders and if you want to get passed you have to kill all of the boundry defences. and so some aliance could coordinate an attack on 1 aliance and ween them out. pushing them back together. than in the end back stabbing there alies(or waiting on last 2 aliances for a stand off) but there should be more aliances than that. it should be all aliances.(all aliances in each 10 sectors. so 50 goups. those aliance winning can get a weak hull. and those winning aliances cna go off for fight for their lives. with otehr 50 aliances)

this is jsut my idea. but it may be good. but thats later to come
    Toxic Rage
    Level 29   |   KVD   |   Hellstorme, Elite Hellfires, Elite Warhawks, Elite Gatlin Trucks, Elite Lazer Tank, Flac Tank, Stinger, Reaper, Drone Silo, Shock trooper, Colossus, 

[url]http://support.kixeye.com/mail/help/system_requirements[/url]
  • salvage
    salvage
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 105
    I Love this idea... I just hope it comes in before more people leave.
    for all the bully base whiners...
    Waah, you have to actually plan an attack with your alliance, instead of rolling over 10 bases at a time single handed. (like that's realistic!!)
    this will be alot more fun, and it will involve the lower players that can defend againt the incoming attackers as well. (personally, I cant wait to see big fleet battles again!)

I feel you should be able to guard alliance ships too... you might look into that (if your not already, or it hasnt been suggested)
    because it would work both ways, guarding a base hitter, hitting a base so the base hitter could get out clean.
    this is what battle pirate(s) should be about...
    Battles!
    not just a single high level player going through and wiping out all the miners/bases he wants just because he can.
    I am so sick of all the whiney base hitters that are used to getting their own way being bullies... Please dont cave into them again! they ruined this game once already.
  • Ron Valk
    Ron Valk
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,190
    I did read most comments..

How more to battle, how more repair time..
    Attacking a base is already a challange, fine by me, keeps me busy, but also first be busy for half an hour to remove all sitting ducks, also no problem for me..

Will only guard somebody`s base then when im online, so i can control my fleet by my own, because ofline they will easy to be destroyed.
    And here is my problem, say i am busy with a base attack, then my other fleets are sitting ducks, main reason ill always take just one fleet with me, because fleets what are in control by kixeye are easy targets..( same as people are ofline )...
    This will also be then for my fleets what will guard somebody`s base..
    They will become sitting ducks when i am bsy in another battle, or base attack..

So ill hope you come with a better intell program abouth auto controlling fleets...
    Kixeye may find itself feeling a bit like Leonard Hofstadter chasing fellow physicist Sheldon Cooper around in the ball-pit — trying to be the mature party — while Sheldon keeps frustratingly dodging Leonard, all the while shouting: “BaZynga
  • azagoth
    azagoth
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 538
    OMG!!! i'LL never be able to hit a base again cause I spent tons of cash on my huge fleets and now there useless because everyone and their dog will spam gunboats non-stop lol, Holy crap cry some more why dont cha. Pretty east fix just make everything non-instant repair. Have every ship take at least 10 min repair there ya go. So you base hitter's might haft ta do a little fleet vs fleet oh **** you mean I gotta do something besides mindless base hitting lol. Or just get some allies to come help clear fleets for ya's, aint like its freakin rocket surgery lol. You could always employ something called tactics to help you get into a base too. Somethin like the ye ole bait and switch set-up. I'll I got ta say is quit jumping to unreasonable conclusions!!! Oh and damnit you might actually haft ta use some team work for once. I know thats gonna be hard for all you prima donna crack heads but try it you might enjoy it lol
    :cool:
  • Dancin Ninjah
    Dancin Ninjah
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 52
    first, it's a great idea especially if that person is off line because of work or school, second, you'll always be able to hit a base, and third, it sounds like you're crying about people protecting their alliances.
    Mercy is never given, before a battle commences. Hit em hard, Hit em fast
    Battle Pirates Level 46
  • cliftontd@aol.com
    [email protected]
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 483
    Seen day one of me playing this game I was wishing that I could guard my friends bases. Hallelujah! That Kixeye is finally going to make this possible! Woot! Woot! Dancing in the streets! Everybody getting down and funky with it!.
    You better stand tall when they're calling you out! Don't bend, don't break Baby, don't back down! (Bon Jovi)
  • Shadow_Angel
    Shadow_Angel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 151
    I hope someone uses 30 HH Fleets to guard a base, experience for my Cudas.
    Anna
    Level 31
    Member of Sea Eagles
    Owner of Barracuda, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Intercepter, Battleship and those two weak ships from BI7
    KrankBand wrote:
    Tbh I couldnt give a *** about the glitches, I just want to be able to login without it crashing
    Will be back playing BP Regularly starting October.
  • seth mad dog
    seth mad dog
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,349
    I doubt this will change anything. Who's going to leave a bunch of sitting ducks laying out to guard a low level?? All offline fleets are pretty easy to kill. This would be more useful if it was open to everyone not just alliances.With repair times so high and everyone gun shy and avoiding fights already,this won't change anything.
  • RyujiThePirate
    RyujiThePirate
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 97
    Alliances will enable players to support their battle brothers in some new and exciting ways. One feature currently under consideration is to enable player fleets to automatically defend the fleets and bases of players who are in the same alliance. So for example, a high level player could park one of their high level fleets next to fellow alliance member's base thereby giving it additional protection. Any attack on the protected player's base would be intercepted by the friendly high level fleet. By doing this, however, the high level player would be risking their fleet by leaving it visible on the world map. On the whole, we feel this feature will lead to more fleets on the world map which will lead to more combat and more interesting strategic choices for players in alliances.
    So Swag this is how i take this my alliance witch is mostly level 20s are trying to fight a pirate who is level 24 that keeps hitting us but.....he has a level 35 alliance member with dreads and keeps them guarding his base this way there is no way we can get in and he can keep hitting us. To me this is what it seems is going to happen and i am very concerned about this new Allie Base Guard feature. BTW i am a high level my self that was just an example.
    Killing Drakes and Taking names :spurtz:
    (Lv33) Traveler, Helper, Conquer
    Winner of the HH-A, Barracuda, Goliath, Strike Cruiser, Battle Cruiser, Destroyer, Light Cruiser and Interdictor
  • Beckti war
    Beckti war
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 31
    I am very glad to hear...
    BP akun SAYA telah dilarang: '( Aku mengirim email tidak ada jawaban sama sekali dari mereka
  • Aiken Drum
    Aiken Drum
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 50
    now we can have 30 longships guarding a base instead of just 10 LOL!!!

I got rowboats....
  • duckman
    duckman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 40
    this happens and i personly think base attacks can be kissed goodbye, cos i for 1 wont fight through 30 fleets to hit a base, and that being said what i do is mostly hit bases so may as well kill the game for players like myself.

I agree with tristan im a base hitter as well.There are enough ways to defend the base already,but if the alliance update is done right it will be a fun addition to the game.
    Respect few fear none
  • Alan Pearson
    Alan Pearson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 22
    yes this top idea...
  • USA
    USA
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,182
    Alliances will enable players to support their battle brothers in some new and exciting ways. One feature currently under consideration is to enable player fleets to automatically defend the fleets and bases of players who are in the same alliance. So for example, a high level player could park one of their high level fleets next to fellow alliance member's base thereby giving it additional protection. Any attack on the protected player's base would be intercepted by the friendly high level fleet. By doing this, however, the high level player would be risking their fleet by leaving it visible on the world map. On the whole, we feel this feature will lead to more fleets on the world map which will lead to more combat and more interesting strategic choices for players in alliances.

Please read the Forum Posting Rules for Future Features & Feedback before posting here.

Bottom line Kixeye wants you to trash more fleets so they can get more of your coins. :D

• JoohnLongSilver
    JoohnLongSilver
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 55
    WTG to ruin your game, Kixeye...

Hopefully DiabloIII went out at the good moment... Introduce this "alliance defense" feature and I'm out for good and I wont leave alone lol.
    But I guess you dont care, I'm not a massive coiner... GG, really...
  • TheRealGitmo
    TheRealGitmo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 467
    USA wrote: »
    Bottom line Kixeye wants you to trash more fleets so they can get more of your coins. :D

Right, more repairs, exactly what this game needs....
    And I see another little business idea for the haxxors, drop me some coins and I'll defend your base. Great idea.
  • Party_Animal
    Party_Animal
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 7
    In all actuality, this update sucks. Because it is going to take 50 fleets from all your friends to attack a base before you can even get it.

Any unprotected bases become a farm.

The Alliances will say. It is either our way, or coin your way. Either way, this game is still boring with no content.
  • Thunder Wolf
    Thunder Wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 92
    In all actuality, this update sucks. Because it is going to take 50 fleets from all your friends to attack a base before you can even get it.

Any unprotected bases become a farm.

The Alliances will say. It is either our way, or coin your way. Either way, this game is still boring with no content.

all i have to say to this is, you dont like it dont play it, simple as that!!
This discussion has been closed.