Alliance Defending

• boostdz
    boostdz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 190
    Hmm, frankly I like this idea, but I don't think you should need to be a member of an alliance in order to defend a base.

And just a note:
    A lot of people complain about bubbles, but from another point of view, you get higher level players continuously hitting the same bases over and over, delaying research. A lot of these players also refuse challenges for fvf, which is a part of the game that should be encouraged. Right now, you get people hitting bases, getting away scott free on auto, and bragging about how much res they get from a base 5 levels lower. I think a more diverse range of things should be brought in to promote fvf, and this change could be one of them. However, rather than doing by alliances, do it by sector. Right now, attacking solo is far too easy and a solo attacker is nearly impossible to catch unless you've got **** good reflexes when they finish bubbling a base.

We were all a level 25 or will be a level 25. You think they are the first to get leveled by a bigger player? Uh no.

In fact!!! We didn't have your piss ant subs when I was a level 25 and getting pounded into the ground. I actually had to work for my resources. Now they are practically handed to low level players and they are whining about losing them.

ALL the people that are crying about their base being leveled all the time. Will be crying about how hard it is to hit a base. After all these players are level 30's.

So... we have to listen to the waa waa waa about getting hit. Then when you farmville players cry enough to make it impossible to hit a base. You will become a level 30... get bored cause there is nothing left to research and quit the game. After successfully ruining the game for everybody else that was here long before you. We all made it to level 30 just fine... when the game was harder... and now we hear nothing but whining.

get real
  • Digger Jones
    Digger Jones
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,393
    most lvl 25's of then, could vape the 25's of now.

Annyway. It's a great idea.. however Kixeye needs to bring repair times down and these outragious build times and refit times down. I think if it's cheaper to play the game more would.
    Sunk a DreadX with a Frigate.. I'm not bothered about what you have.. I'll find the smallest thing to take it out.
  • Xx_JR_THEBOSS_TATxX
    Xx_JR_THEBOSS_TATxX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 102
    nice but remember please put the antimortar in salvages to many players need that
  • noiseinmyblood
    noiseinmyblood
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 465
    boostdz wrote: »
    We were all a level 25 or will be a level 25. You think they are the first to get leveled by a bigger player? Uh no.

In fact!!! We didn't have your piss ant subs when I was a level 25 and getting pounded into the ground. I actually had to work for my resources. Now they are practically handed to low level players and they are whining about losing them.

ALL the people that are crying about their base being leveled all the time. Will be crying about how hard it is to hit a base. After all these players are level 30's.

So... we have to listen to the waa waa waa about getting hit. Then when you farmville players cry enough to make it impossible to hit a base. You will become a level 30... get bored cause there is nothing left to research and quit the game. After successfully ruining the game for everybody else that was here long before you. We all made it to level 30 just fine... when the game was harder... and now we hear nothing but whining.

get real

What he said.
  • frosttbane
    frosttbane
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 27
    i like this this is something we were hoping for
  • frosttbane
    frosttbane
    Potential Threat
    my allance has a tag on our name so it not issue just put a tag on ur name
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
    LOL, wow so they remove the attack fleet button and then are going to add this feature... at least with the old way they could hit the base before they got sniped, gonna be interesting to see how they integrate this feature.

This will definitely bring back FvF battles..... more killing of salvages at least.

This feature could kill base hitting if not set up with correct limitations.
    Treenail wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • frosttbane
    frosttbane
    Potential Threat
    Dresden wrote: »
    And just when I thought you couldn't come out with a worse game concept than the patrol fleet :(

it would suck for your lonewolf players but a fighting game that want teamwork what wrong with that
  • ANGRY-VENOM
    ANGRY-VENOM
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 27
    frosttbane wrote: »
    my allance has a tag on our name so it not issue just put a tag on ur name

none of my alliance members can afford to spend $$$ on the game so need to have option in the game to apply alliance name & members...aswell as rank in alliance! after waiting several weeks I've lost hope in alliance updates even coming at all!!!:mad:
    COBRA alliance rocks!
    -:mad:
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    jay scott wrote: »
    none of my alliance members can afford to spend $$$ on the game so need to have option in the game to apply alliance name & members...aswell as rank in alliance! after waiting several weeks I've lost hope in alliance updates even coming at all!!!:mad:

Kixeye shouldn't have anything to do with the structure of YOUR alliance. That is between you and your officers. If you don't like your rank within the alliance, leave...
  • Therrash
    Therrash
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,529
    Trogar wrote: »
    Kixeye shouldn't have anything to do with the structure of YOUR alliance. That is between you and your officers. If you don't like your rank within the alliance, leave...

Trogar, I don't think he was complaining about his alliance, he was complaining that Kixeye hasn't introduced alliance features into game yet. His "waiting several weeks" was referring to the feature update saying Kixeye is working on it.
    Treenail wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that an "ambush" is considered "unfair" in a pirate game.
    User I.D. 1560232
    OS - OSX for Mac
    Flash player - updated as of 11/9/12
    Browser used - Safari
    Lvl 56
    Sector 253
  • usmcja
    usmcja
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 244
    Alliances will enable players to support their battle brothers in some new and exciting ways. One feature currently under consideration is to enable player fleets to automatically defend the fleets and bases of players who are in the same alliance. So for example, a high level player could park one of their high level fleets next to fellow alliance member's base thereby giving it additional protection. Any attack on the protected player's base would be intercepted by the friendly high level fleet. By doing this, however, the high level player would be risking their fleet by leaving it visible on the world map. On the whole, we feel this feature will lead to more fleets on the world map which will lead to more combat and more interesting strategic choices for players in alliances.

Please read the Forum Posting Rules for Future Features & Feedback before posting here.

pretty stupid all this would do is end the game for low level players and new ones who did not want to join an alliance. low level players would not be able to attack any bases due to high fleets guarding them same stupid result as letting winners of the raids get ships that are unavailable to all else that are far stronger. everyone does not want to be in an alliance low level players would all but be finished in the game. do you all even think this stuff out from both sides of the idea or just the side you all agree with "alliances"?
  • shellback1
    shellback1
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 11
    Alliances will enable players to support their battle brothers in some new and exciting ways. One feature currently under consideration is to enable player fleets to automatically defend the fleets and bases of players who are in the same alliance. So for example, a high level player could park one of their high level fleets next to fellow alliance member's base thereby giving it additional protection. Any attack on the protected player's base would be intercepted by the friendly high level fleet. By doing this, however, the high level player would be risking their fleet by leaving it visible on the world map. On the whole, we feel this feature will lead to more fleets on the world map which will lead to more combat and more interesting strategic choices for players in alliances.

Please read the Forum Posting Rules for Future Features & Feedback before posting here.

Instead of having to go through 5 fleets to get to a base, when someone in your alliance is getting attacked you should be able to enter their base and help defend it with your own fleet. We all know Kixeye can do this because or the last few raids
  • jayem8ch
    jayem8ch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 247
    This is a horrible idea. So when the hacker that has hacked all these wonderful fleets guards all his alliance members, with Banhammer just ban the hacker, or the entire clan. I mean really, these clans have multiple hackers, so they will just rotate in a new hacked base to guard all the "legit" members while those run rampant on 5 level lower bases. Come on, this is stupid.
  • Max Rockatansky
    Max Rockatansky
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 174
    Well, this is the nail in the coffin for me! I am definitely done playing this game when this update takes effect. There will no longer be anyone hitting bases; especially the lower levels. If a level 30 parks his fleet at a level 23's base, they wont even try to hit bases. Or further, if an alliance parks 30 fleets at one base or is constantly sending fleet after fleet to guard, why would someone continue to try the base. Kixeye once again **** up this game.
    Mad-Max(N4SIR)
    Sector 97 - Original Sector
    Sector 37 - Home Sector

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -Thomas Jefferson

• HungryWolf
    HungryWolf
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8
    I'm in favor of the Alliances but I do agree with some of the other comment on the number of fleets able to defend a base. Make it so that you can only have 4 Alliance fleets defending your base. After that no one else can can connect to defend for hour like the 1 hour bubble. Also I like the idea of if a player defend an Alliance base they lose they bubble if they have one. I already hate it that players hide in bubble now and mess with me while I'm hitting a base. Make it so that if they are going to get involved that they loses they bubble if they have one.
  • HungryWolf
    HungryWolf
    Greenhorn
    I have read about people complaining about hackers in Alliances. If and hacker is find in Alliance then that group is banned for a week on the first offense. If Alliance is find again then banned the group permanently. Everyone knows when their friends have hack the game. If they didn't know then they will be careful for the next time. Put a limit on how high a player can defend another Alliance player. Just like you can only hit 5 level higher or lower make it so for the Alliance. Except put the number at about 3.
  • HungryWolf
    HungryWolf
    Greenhorn
    I like your ideas Doomsdayrebel .
  • Zirg
    Zirg
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,799
    I like this ideal, but i feel it hurts the lower lv new players without an alliance. They can't hit bases in thier range, because some high lv is guarding it. Should be set up to where, if a player is 5 lvs below the high lv guard, that guard doesn't AUTO engage them.
    Shhh!!!!! Be wery, wery quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.
  • Pierre Alexander Bergs
    Pierre Alexander Bergs
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 10
    so i read now all comments here and what i´ve read are the bullys which are here and attack ever the low guys are pissed and the lows or friends of the lows who helps each other like this change but before this change could be possible when there is an allinace system which shows the alliance tag on a player!

This means there should be implemented a good clan system like in most other games which can be allowed to create an alliance(ally) and not only changing the name cuz anybody can change his name and others need to pay for it and have the name they desire so if anybody gets attacked he changes his name to the alliance tag and can get defended that is just make money but that only helps coiners ingame and i think there are more ppl who are playing with less money and so they have no tag but are in an alliance and they can`t get the help cuz in the name the Tag left??

so as a constructive idea first before u lead this to the main game just implement first a clan/ally tag system where will be a leader, officers or a ranking system if this is implemented then u can implement the alliance guarding fleet so that not all higher lvls around can send a defending guarding fleet!

then how can this work?
    1. there must be assigned from 1 guy/lady the leadership of the alliance.
    2. he can invite ppl from his friendslist with a separate button not only the view button we half it and make another button below with invite on it where ppl can be invited then there is possible not only pirates insect can join the alliance so its game wide!!!
    (example alliance K-O-S/K-O-S-E from sector 29) sure the friendlist will grow but this is simplier to implement as write ppl on the alliance who will join and u need to send a notification and ask him want to join? the problem is there u can only invite
    insector not that all players with this name get an invitation!!
    3. A ranking system in it so that there can be assigned 2 or 3 ppl max to get the "officer" title to invite too or kick ppl from the alliance when they make something wrong!
    4. an implemented clan/alliance tag can be shown as an [alliancename] at the ppls base also can it work in a chat better then the ppls id and when u write something here as an example [K-O-S]Name:.........
    5. there should be no memberlimit so that all alliances get their member again
    6. implement a new chat window aside of the comms better below with a button with guild/clan/ally to switch between the ally chat and normal sector chat so that all members can read the ally chat when somethings happen or when some1 has something
    important to say !!!
    7. after that all works there can be a ally member send 1 fleet to defend the base of an Ally member but not the whole time after he got beat. there should be a time before he can guard the base again mean of a 2 till 5 min blockade so there can`t one send
    ever a gunboat to defend the base it must be a full fleet with health and at least lvl 7 fleet cuz for the ones who use only pred subs for defending!!
    8. There is too a limit of 3 player simultaneous to defend the base so that there aren`t 100 ppl around to defend a base!!
    9. to prefend that one is an ally jumper after leaving an alliance the person need to wait for 24h to join another same as when u get kicked of an ally!!

i thinkj its an good idea but i think that would help a bit better then the normal guard defend cuz so all bigs could help and the lows are save to all but that isnt the point the ally could only help to defend!!!!
  • ExRaided
    ExRaided
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,093
    All this does is cause more goddamn damage and more down time. Hell no to this idea. Only possible way this is acceptable is to cut repair times in half.
    You can tell the same lie a thousand times
    But it never gets any more true
    So close your eyes once more and once more believe
    That they all still believe in you
  • Wicked Jester
    Wicked Jester
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 205
    Horrible idea. Absolutely horrible. What I see happening is base hits becoming very rare. It just won't be worth it to even try. 1 alliance will need days of combined repair time to even get a single member into a base that they may only have a chance to get enough resources to repair his own damage. And , people not in an alliance will get constantly pummeled by various people in or not in alliances because they will be the only targets worth even trying to hit. Which will force them into alliances or simply quit.

I do agree that more battles would make the game more fun. I think cutting the repair times DRASTICALLY would accomplish that. Let's say that no fleet would take more than an hour to repair. THAT would get more fleets out there battling. Not guard fleets.
  • Caleb Burch
    Caleb Burch
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1
    Unless you multiply what the base rez is worth by about 10, forget this junk. Bases are barely worth hitting now. Fix the current problems with the game, and let the lower players have access to quota tech if you really want to make a difference. Where the hailstorm BP's at?? QUIT MESSING IT UP PLEASE
  • cliftontd@aol.com
    [email protected]
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 483
    I think this is a good idea, but I am like everyone else.
    I think there should be very strict limitations to this feature. Like these:
    1. Alliance Members Only: The base you defend must be a member of an alliance that has been REGISTERED with KIXEYE
    2. Level Restriction: The base must meet the +/- 5 levels of the player who is defending. So a level 35 can't defend a level 20s base.
    3. Non-Merc Fleet Rule: The base can only be defended by a number of players equal to the base players level divided by 10. So a 20th level player can be defended by 2 (20/10 = 2) level 15 to 25 players non-merc fleets.
    4. Merc Fleet Rule: The base can only be defended by a number of players Merc Fleets that is equal to the base players level divided by 5. So a 20th level player can be defended by 4 (20/5 = 4) level 15 to 25 players Merc fleets.
    5. Guard Fleet Limitations: But no more merc fleets or non-merc fleets can guard the base if these numbers exceed the base level/5 rule.
    6. Control of Guarding Non-Merc Fleet: Only the owning player of the guarding fleet can control his or her non-merc fleet. Merc fleets are under AI control.

Example: A 25th level player (Ted) asks for assistance of players in his sector. 25/10 = 2 player fleets and 25/5 = 5 merc fleets. The player himself launches a Merc fleet (one of the 5 merc fleets down). Fred, Alex, Shelby and Brady wants to send Merc fleets to guard Ted's base, but since Fred is not a member of Ted's alliance (which has been registered with KIXEYE) he can not assist in the protection of Ted's base. So one of those players must send a non-merc fleet in place of a merc fleet. So Alex sends a non-merc fleet and the others send merc fleets. Ted's base is protected by 1 non-merc fleeet and 3 merc fleets. These numbers do not exceed the number limit of the rule of base level/5 so Ted could call on one more player to send a merc fleet (only). The additional fleet can only be a merc fleet since the base level/10 rule for non-merc fleet would be meet. The additional Merc fleets does go over the base level/5 Merc Fleet rule, so this is legal.

This idea does several things.
    It limits the guard fleets to Registered alliance members only. It limits the level of the guarding players to the +/- 5 levels and it limits the number of fleets that can be on guard. Limits who is controlling guard fleets.
    You better stand tall when they're calling you out! Don't bend, don't break Baby, don't back down! (Bon Jovi)
  • Thunder Wolf
    Thunder Wolf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 92
    Honestly I understand the concept of hitting bases, you get around 28 mil for one hit, and if you have 10 fleets that can do this, 280 mil. but at what cost?? if you don't coin you fleets you have roughly 2 hours of repairs at the least and 4 hours of repairs average, most people that hit my base will get around 6-10 hours of repairs even if they get 28 mil, then you have to use between 3-8 mil of that just for repairs, where as I mostly do salvs, I get at most 10 min of repairs and have to use about 3 mil in res to repair, but in that 10 hour average repair for the guy that hit my base and gave me the bubble, I have returned with ( if I get enough 8 and 9 salvs, which I normally do) 420 mil with maybe a total of 2 hours of repairs and only use maybe 30 mil oh the high side.
    and some of the post I have read, I agree with the other players that have state that the ones crying about getting protected are the bullies, the ones that pick 5 people and just farm them, etc. and i am sure the ones that cry that some weapons are over powered are the some of the same type of people as well, in the game as it is I can guard my base with as main fleet has I have available, and let's say I have 10, will it matter if it's my 10 fleets or 10 fleets of higher leveled players?? no not really, what i see happening is that the sector concept will start to fade as people join alliances, thus making the "no in sector hitting" rule a lot of people started doing in sectors less prevalent. however it could also go the other way depending on how the alliances are set up, if enough people are allowed to join you could have a full sector on alliance, or have 20 alliances in one sector protecting that sector, lots of option, so stop complaining about what kixeye wishes to do with their game and deal, or you can just stop playing, that is always an option as well
  • Spooky
    Spooky
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 54
    I understand why people want reduced repair times and too an extent it would help but i think the game has moved too far in favour of the big players many of the newer guys to the game will never be able to compete without items like hailstorms which are 100% needed for serious base hitting.

If you want to increases player activity then it needs to be insensitivised the two ways i would look at it would firstly be able to win bps by fighting other players based on whats fitted to your opponents ships, again drop rates could be random i mean we have got to a point now with a fleet of subs or a fleet of missiles wolves a player can hit any lvl salvage with no damage this would change the complexion to a point. The second idea and the one i am preying you look into and eventually run with is to use VXP's gained in base hits and fleet battles to be used to buy items from the game that you cant other wise buy for example 10k VXP could be used to buy a hailstorm blue print up to old raid ships 1mil VXP would let you buy a HH2, every day would be raid day as we frantically battled anything that moved to get enough VXPs to buy a new hull. I think its such a shame that great hulls like the HH2 and Battle ships are essentially disappearing.

If we want to get back to the days where 400 ships from each side fight massive sector battles then by god lets start making it worth while because the changes in the game have made it more and more closed, The strong get stronger and the weak are left behind because they cant win the hulls or the quota prizes and i mean honestly dude how cool would a sector look with orange and yellow HH all over the place not to mention battle cruiser battle ships and all the other cool hulls out there.

The bigger the gulf gets between players the more players will quit and the more the game will suffer.
    " You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. "

" Yeah, but Walter... "

"Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These **** amateurs... "
  • Spooky
    Spooky
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 54
    there was another part to my post above that was cut off so here goes quickly

The idea you are proposing is ridiculous Swag bro seriously? Lets not mention the fact i gain more VXP from hitting a lvl 6 salvage then i do for hitting base i mean i wont even go there lol Bases have simply become to hard to get into, first we had the specials a great idea although on the face of it we made the flak too effective meanin the with 2 of them in a base no missile fleet is effective for hitting bases but hey we'll take that on the chin, then in your infinate wisdom you decided to add guard fleets so now any player with a fleet of dreads has a base thats impossible to get in now you want to add this crap. All you keep doing is making the strong players stronger and the week ones weaker. this is why the hacks keep re appearing guys want to play but whats the point when no matter what they do they will never be able to compete with the guys who found this game first. Your not making it more fun your making it worst with every little tweak, at somepoint you need to open the game up more instead of closing it down
    " You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. "

" Yeah, but Walter... "

"Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These **** amateurs... "
  • Max Rockatansky
    Max Rockatansky
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 174
    boostdz wrote: »
    Let me explain exactly how this is gonna work. Lets say... You have 3 alliance members on.. and 1 attacker.

John (attacker) attacks Ralph. Who has a sub fleet on guard. He runs around a little bit before being killed. But bought himself a enough time for his two friends to come help (Neil and Bob).

Neil and Bob both brought sub fleets to defend Ralph's base. So John attacks Neil. Who runs around a little bit and wastes time while Ralph is repairing his 2 minute subs. for a total of 8 minutes. Or maybe he even has 2 fleets of subs.

After John kills Neil and sends him back to his base. He then attacks Bob. Who runs around and buys a little time for Ralph's subs to be put back on guard. While Neil's fleet is in repair. After Bob's fleet is disposed of. Now John can attack Ralph's defending fleet again, it will seem mildly familiar. Almost like he had just killed this fleet only minutes ago. So, he sends it packing again.

Low and behold... Neil's fleet is repaired and good as new to go for another round. Mean while, John's base fleet is on its way and will be arriving shortly to actually attack the base.

Lets give John the benefit of the doubt that he beats all the fleets and is able to get into the base. At this point he has to take on the fleet inside the base. Which gives Neil and Bob time to repair their subs again. John is able to get rid of the fleet inside the base. He retreats to gain a little time to possibly prep the base for a hit.

When he retreats to attack again. There they are... Neil and Bob patiently waiting for John to try and attack again. So... now he gets to fight them all over again. With them juggling 3 fleets. By the time he gets back in the base... whatever he did manage to prep is half way repaired again. If his base fleet wasn't destroyed because it sat outside unattended while he was in a limitless base defending battle.

This would be easily achievable with ONLY 3 people online. And lets be honest... When would ONLY 3 people be on.

The base hitting will stop almost all together if you put this into action.

I am sorry... I don't agree with it and think its a BAD idea.

Agreed 100% this is an extremely bad idea, unless your a low level then YEAAHHH!! But being that I love base hitting, this ruins the game.
    Mad-Max(N4SIR)
    Sector 97 - Original Sector
    Sector 37 - Home Sector

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    -Thomas Jefferson

• robertg
    robertg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 564
    stop posting ideas like the +/- 5 level. thats also plain stupid because plus 5 is months of research and builds ahead.
    +/- 2 looks far better, (not implamenting this is even better but i think thats dreaming)
  • Peter Duro III
    Peter Duro III
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 165

YES! Way better then the attack button! only thing is.. u need to be within the 5+/- range or else hitting would be ruined as a lvl 34 lets say guarding a lvl 20.. would suck for a noob lol
This discussion has been closed.