Alliance Defending

• BlueBird_ROK
    BlueBird_ROK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 284
    1) would 10 lvl 30+ alliance members be able to defend a say lvl 22 base with advanced fleets? (HH, FF, DN etc)
    *if yes this would effectively remove base hitting at lower levels, and the learning that comes with it, as well as higher levels as costs wouldn't be worth it at all(barely worth it with the gaurd fleets already)

2) What if player does not want to be in alliance?
    *They would have absolutely no way to hit alliance bases...1 player Vs 40... I understand that you guys are pushing the team aspect but their are those(including myself) that have no interest in alliance politics and such

3) Join or die b.s.- any lone player could be easily forced into joining an agressive alliance with little to no means of defending themselves

4)as mentioned the gunboat defense..with ones gb its hard to get past the lil buggers...with 10 peoples it would be truely impossible to hit a base if ANY alliance members were online

I do not like this idea in the least, and the adding to fleets on the water argument is invalid in my opinion as well, if you enjoy hitting unmanned fleets there are always miners out, and manned FvF is never hard to find in my experience
    BlueBird_ROK  
  • Villemo_ROK
    Villemo_ROK
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 113
    I don't like this idea. Simply because you can't play anymore, not the way you choose to anyways. If you make it so Alliances can ONLY attack bases that are members of an enemy alliance, then fine. Then players that choose to not be in an alliance can only attack bases of other players not in an alliance.

Players that leave an alliance to attack a non-alliance base, should have a decent cooldown on joining any alliance after the bubble of the attackee has popped (if any), to give them a chance to hit them back in a fair manner.
    SWFer: "I see ''yacht'' opened in google there..admit it you had to use google because you couldn't spell it!!:p"
  • Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Dread_Pirate_Vitus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,045
    I see huge potential for this, and I also see the potential for huge abuse.

Everyone wanted to see fleet battles come back... well, here's your chance. Didn't say you had to be in an allinace to attack an alliance base, but it does give the advantage to the alliance in defending... which, with the very concept of an alliance, is how it should be.

For those who do not wish to be in an alliance, I get that... people suck, trick is finding a group that you get along with. This game is, after all on Facebook, a SOCIAL media, which means... you got it... be social. Nobody said you have to be in the alliance for life. Move into a sector, find some people you get on with, form an alliance, get bored, leave.

Rather than imposing all these elaborate caviats on it that I've read bandied about... how about a simple one? When your 'hands are off the wheel' you're no longer defending your alliance member. Meaning, no AFK defending.

I'm not going to add to the buddy bubble fray on this one, but I did like the suggestion that any PvP kills a bubble, even if it's just putting your fleet on alliance defence. Short of getting rid of bubbles, this seems like the best solution. Turn the bubble into a 'time out' rather than a shield for ****.
    To err is human, to REALLY **** things up takes KIXEYE
    .,?!;: ← These are tools, use them. The "Enter" key is your friend as well ;)
    DreadPirateVitus-DS
    Level 33
    Sector 438
    Yeah, I got it all the goodies from BI 3,4,5 and 6 too
  • OldGrumpyKillerKoala
    OldGrumpyKillerKoala
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 252
    How about dedicate 50 sectors to this bs- let the 'groupies' go play for bragging rites
    a group/clan/gang moves in to one of those sectors- their challengers move in same or adjoining sector and all get locked there for 10 days
    end of time they can restart their battles or move out and do another challenge
    have - public announcement - so any other person can spectate
    these allegiance sectors have their own dedicated servers
    those sectors can be closed down for an event/raid special - if these people worried about missing out or they can try to win prizes whilst killing their enemy
  • Auditore
    Auditore
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 329
    Just another update to cause gameplay problems.
    Sorry KIXEYE I'll pass.

Either release hailstorm before this or not at all. Because once I hit 32 or 33 I'm done with the game since I can't hit high level bases with slide loaders.
    Retired at level 32
    Just an occasional Forum Visitor
  • JamesMonster
    JamesMonster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 371
    As has been pointed out join an alliance or die on the vine. Is this the NCAA? Join a conference or miss out on the playoff/bowl money. In fact attacking bases will be a thing of the past since even alliance members will be hard pressed to get past 2 dozen fleets to attack a base.

We non-alliance players will need some sort of balance or unfortunately it will be widespread "there's no use in this any longer" as we quit the game in droves.
  • sandhill
    sandhill
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,700
    Just food for thought
    1. no more than 1 base guard fleet at a time, if the guard fleet has a bubble on his base the bubble drops just as if he had entered into a base attack.
    2. Alliances limited to say 50 members each.
    3. the 5+/5- rule in effect on guard flts.
    4. Base cannot launch or repair fleets while under attack.
    5. Guard fleet cannot be hidden under base and must be within a reasonable distance of the base being defended.
    6. Guard fleet must be a member of the alliance that he is defending.
    I like the general concept of the idea but I can also see many problems to be solved.

And oh so much crying from both sides....lol
    player ID 56643, start date 28 march 2011.....Lvl 103.... BLACK PIRATES FOREVER
  • Montecristo
    Montecristo
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,432
    Great idea but how about to rank people on ur alliance lets say u can have 30 alliance menber and declare 3 of them
    Battle masters ( a way of declaring theyre the strongest within the alliance)
    and also to declare and assistant guild master (he/she can make decision concerning the alliance if ur not online)

these rank will show up nexto de player name on their fleets or nexto the alliance name

what do u think???
  • carwynpritchard+1
    carwynpritchard+1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 2,345
    So now a alliance can't spam me with gunboats put on to defend the base ?
    Hugs'N'Rainbows ****
    BPS2

If i seem nice i am gathering information so i can destroy you
  • Captain Crapalot
    Captain Crapalot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 293
    As I suggested this very feature in some other thread, I welcome it wholeheartedly. However after reading all the negatives about it, I can suggest a few solutions to them.

1 ) Once a player commit to defending, that fleet should be locked there until destroyed. When destroyed, the player should lose a certain amount of resources to the one who eventually destroyed him.

2 ) For every fleet that you commit to defending a friend, you should lose a certain amount of resources when defeated, even if you park only a single gunboat there. If you do not have the resources available, you should not be able to defend.

These two feature alone will make anyone think well before defending and will cost too much for ****-silly spamming of stupid fleets. If your fleet is locked until destroyed, you will not have it's use for quite some time.

There could also be a time factor included in this locked in time, otherwise a fleet may be stranded forever.
  • UberFoX360
    UberFoX360
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 712
    love the idea, this will assure that players go into battle more often :)
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    spicer-70 wrote: »
    Yes... something like this would make fleet battles relevant again. The alliance defense will absolutely kill base hitting for me. It takes me 3 hits on any well setup base with a patrol NOT including clearing any outside guards. Which means more often than not... I have plenty of company waiting on me between successive hits/preps/etc. So now I will need to clear even more fleets, or need to ask friends to come and take damage (repair time) so I can hit a base that already often provides far too much repair time and resources lost to justify hitting it in the first place.

Hell no!

At a bare minimum You need to:
    1) provide a penalty for defenders beyond just getting fleet damaged (lose bubble sounds good to me)
    2) prevent endless spamming of guards (max of ___ 3? alliance defenders per base within certain timeframe, unlimited for number of fleets of base owner) .
    3) consider what will happen with defenders if I get into the base, (ie can an alliance guard be placed during prep so upon exit, the defender will need to be cleared so I can send in next wave)? This will 100% kill solo attacks, which are about 90-95% of my base hits
    4) provide some sort of level restriction, dreads defending the level 20 base is a bit absurd
    5) no more zero damage bubble rules. You get a bubble *only* if you take a minimum amt of damage, period.

All in all, this will severely limit the number of fleet battles IMO. Now instead of popping on and hitting a base when I have time.. it will have to be coordinated with others. Good to work with others, but now I need to wait on when they are ready... I bear the responsibility for the damage they take to help me hit a base, and ultimately, I'd rather just not put in all that time and effort to do the same crap I can do now at my own leisure.

I totally agree!
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • budwieser1uk
    budwieser1uk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 75
    I imagine this is just one aspect of adding Alliances to Battle Pirates and would need to know more about what features are going to be in Alliances before saying it is a good idea or not.

If you was to ask anyone if they would like it if a friend could protect their base. They would say yes straight away.
    If you was to ask anyone if they like it when some one jumps in and protects a base when they are going to attack it. No they wouldn`t.

There are many positives and many negatives out of it all.

Alliances wil just bring the game to be more multiplayer than solo which some people will like and some people wont.
    Fried Fish Sec 419/250949,208 all welcome
  • Anarchy
    Anarchy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 317
    this feature is absolutely bs we currently have a clan called CS in 299 constantly coming down in there fleets attacking bases/players then after being all sunk they bubble there bases on our way to them with a gaurd an alliance member feature these **** will hide behind fleets all friggen day and glitch repair their crap have fun with base hitting whilst you can this game seems to be turning to sht with each update lately
  • Anarchy
    Anarchy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 317
    I imagine this is just one aspect of adding Alliances to Battle Pirates and would need to know more about what features are going to be in Alliances before saying it is a good idea or not.

If you was to ask anyone if they would like it if a friend could protect their base. They would say yes straight away.
    If you was to ask anyone if they like it when some one jumps in and protects a base when they are going to attack it. No they wouldn`t.

There are many positives and many negatives out of it all.

Alliances wil just bring the game to be more multiplayer than solo which some people will like and some people wont.

not everyone plays in an allience what happened to playing just for fun with friends? just another tool for ppl to hide from base attacks and i can gaurentee it will be abused that way by a large sum of the alliances (not all)
  • budwieser1uk
    budwieser1uk
    Potential Threat
    All i am saying is that we need more information about alliances before we can pass judgement on alliance defending.

till we get that information then we are speculating what alliance defending will do.
  • Zam
    Zam
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,501
    I can't see this working out well at all. Why not work on getting rid of the bubble buddy issues first. The patrol fleet I felt was and is making it harder to get in bases as it is. Surely an entire alliance doesn't need to come to the rescue as well. Really the Alliance Feature should just make it easier for a team to correspond in game without having to use the FB chats which we have to go out of full screen to just chat.

+1............

Honestly, what attracted me to this game the most was that there was no alliance system in place. I didn't like the no-insector-hitting rules, but learned to deal, but this is turning the game into exactly what I was trying to avoid...a drama producing alliance game.

I will have to give it go and see how it feels, but not looking good to me, at all right now. :-(
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • tarheel23
    tarheel23
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 555
    KIXEYE

Once again, you are completely missing the mark here. You are taking away the "option" to attack a base by yourself. We want more options not less. By continuing to add these features without thought, you are continuing to make the game more and more one dimensional.

If you want more people attacking bases, and each other, you need to make it easier.... not harder.

What you are proposing here is going to make base hitting harder. Now your hardcore players will still do it, assuming they have friends to go with them. But casual players will no longer hit bases, and fringe players will just say screw it and become salvage pirates.

This proposed change will have the opposite impact you are aiming for.

For the love of god man... do not destroy this game anymore by implementing this concept.
    Level 77
  • budwieser1uk
    budwieser1uk
    Potential Threat
    Is this just kixeye wanting to if they should add alliance defence for the alliance wars they were on about in this future stuff.
  • tarheel23
    tarheel23
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 555
    BTW in case anyone is confused about the KIXEYE development model:

Concept1 === Forum feedback gives Concept (2-nth)=== ignore forum feedback === implement Concept1 === lock thread

So enjoy wearing out your keyboards.

LMFAO..... i was gonna post the same thing. We are all wasting our time commenting on this. (including myself with this post)

2 things are certain:

1. This feature will be implemented.
    2. Our feedback will be ignored.
    Level 77
  • tamlehrer
    tamlehrer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2
    this is bad idea. just give us back the ability to latch onto a fleet when it is coming out of a battle.
    TheLoneOne
    Sec 71
    lvl 33<3
  • weirsy
    weirsy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 12
    what a brilliant idea it will stop the big ones hittin our low level fellow members great thinking kixeye keep up the great work
    :cool:weirsy 2012 think if you dont wont to sink :lol:.
  • weirsy
    weirsy
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 12
    although im for this as you took the fun out the game by not lettin us lok on some one after a attak is there going to be a limit to the number of boats that can gaurd like if u kill one can another jump on n take his place ??
    :cool:weirsy 2012 think if you dont wont to sink :lol:.
  • Carlos Spicyweiner
    Carlos Spicyweiner
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 231
    Another terrible idea in a long line of terrible ideas by Kixeye. This is only meant to increase repair times and they hope more will coin. If they want more FvF just give some kind of res reward based on the level of fleet you fight, or at least some reduced repair time for damages received from FvF and people will start fighting other fleets. All this will do is reduce base attacks so they are basically saying they want this to become a salvaging game where base attacks just aren't worth it anymore.
  • Rose Warrior
    Rose Warrior
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 50
    Hmm, frankly I like this idea, but I don't think you should need to be a member of an alliance in order to defend a base.

And just a note:
    A lot of people complain about bubbles, but from another point of view, you get higher level players continuously hitting the same bases over and over, delaying research. A lot of these players also refuse challenges for fvf, which is a part of the game that should be encouraged. Right now, you get people hitting bases, getting away scott free on auto, and bragging about how much res they get from a base 5 levels lower. I think a more diverse range of things should be brought in to promote fvf, and this change could be one of them. However, rather than doing by alliances, do it by sector. Right now, attacking solo is far too easy and a solo attacker is nearly impossible to catch unless you've got **** good reflexes when they finish bubbling a base.
  • UnNamedPirate
    UnNamedPirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 281
    Nice this should stop higher levels from farming the smaller players, also how about a new relocate option that allows you to relocate by an alliance member?
    Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth? C'est la vie....adi
  • robbing bastards
    robbing bastards
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 39
    lol im crying bout cerebrus and guards ,these 2 features av made all my ships useless as i bought lots n lots of blitz flts ,now i dont know y i bother ,should of brought out the friends guarding u feature first b4 all the other crap they brought out
  • RV-Iraqvet
    RV-Iraqvet
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 200
    NO NO NO NO NO NO!

I am a base hitter. I love hitting bases and with this last update you made it more difficult for me to attack a base. I have to use 2-3 fleets to attack a base. One to kill in base guards, that same one to prep or maybe another one if need be, and then finally my base hitter. I also have to perfectly time all of them getting to my targets base at precisely 5 min apart so I won't have a fleet just sitting there while I am in battle to get attacked. Now you add more fleets, and possibly a few dread or HH fleets from this guys friend, for me to kill to get into a base? No freaking way. It wont be worth it to hit a base anymore. So you will just have people hitting salvages all day.

I also enjoy FvF so bring back the attack button on FvF battles if you want more fleet battles. I agree that catching a base hitter coming out of a base is hardly a challenge for any fleet designed to attack another fleet. What I don't agree with is a player hitting endless miners without the chance of being attacked by another player that is actually online.
    RV-IRAQVET 
    Lvl-54
    Alliance- Red Vikings
    Won-Cudas, Strike Cruisers, Interdictors, Battle Ships, Triton, Mercury, Javelin
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,308
    I don't understand all the whining about getting your base hit. Its part of the game, it happens to everyone.

Getting your research and upgrades interupted? So what? most bases have to keep all that on the outside and anyone can do that to anyone within the level range. So someone hits you and levels you, enjoy your bubble, collect up some res and knock almost 2 days off whatever you have going...and when it pops, go do a rimmer and return the favour. Problem is too many of you farmville pirates are **** pansies.

the other day I went up and sank 7 mining fleets from a level 29 to level up my cudas, when they docked I went and leveled his TERRIBLE base. Did he cry and sit around hoping people wouldnt attack him anymore in a WAR GAME? NO! This ballsey bastard sent 5 fleets to my base and lost them all to my patrol fleet BUT not before interupting my research and taking down my siege cannon dread and other defense ships for 4 hours of repair. I have attacked dozens of level 30+ bases in his sector and this guy is the only pirate there. Only other guy to even do that much was level 35. And you know what? I'll leave that guy alone now out of RESPECT for a fellow PIRATE.

Quit your whining and grow a pair and you will see how this feature is for people that want to hide behind mommies skirts not for people that understand that fighting isnt fighting unless the other guy can hit you too.
    Base Name: Praetor [Locust]
    Current Level: 63 Current Sector: Pansyland
    Raid Hulls: All of them, yes, all of them.
    Oh and we didn't do it for money.
  • Auditore
    Auditore
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 329
    Oh I just thought of this one, if this this update happens "FINALLY" get rid of friendly bubbling. Don't just switch how many hits it takes to bubble a person.
    Retired at level 32
    Just an occasional Forum Visitor
This discussion has been closed.