spicer-70 wrote: »
Yes... something like this would make fleet battles relevant again. The alliance defense will absolutely kill base hitting for me. It takes me 3 hits on any well setup base with a patrol NOT including clearing any outside guards. Which means more often than not... I have plenty of company waiting on me between successive hits/preps/etc. So now I will need to clear even more fleets, or need to ask friends to come and take damage (repair time) so I can hit a base that already often provides far too much repair time and resources lost to justify hitting it in the first place.
At a bare minimum You need to:
1) provide a penalty for defenders beyond just getting fleet damaged (lose bubble sounds good to me)
2) prevent endless spamming of guards (max of ___ 3? alliance defenders per base within certain timeframe, unlimited for number of fleets of base owner) .
3) consider what will happen with defenders if I get into the base, (ie can an alliance guard be placed during prep so upon exit, the defender will need to be cleared so I can send in next wave)? This will 100% kill solo attacks, which are about 90-95% of my base hits
4) provide some sort of level restriction, dreads defending the level 20 base is a bit absurd
5) no more zero damage bubble rules. You get a bubble *only* if you take a minimum amt of damage, period.
All in all, this will severely limit the number of fleet battles IMO. Now instead of popping on and hitting a base when I have time.. it will have to be coordinated with others. Good to work with others, but now I need to wait on when they are ready... I bear the responsibility for the damage they take to help me hit a base, and ultimately, I'd rather just not put in all that time and effort to do the same crap I can do now at my own leisure.
budwieser1uk wrote: »
I imagine this is just one aspect of adding Alliances to Battle Pirates and would need to know more about what features are going to be in Alliances before saying it is a good idea or not.
If you was to ask anyone if they would like it if a friend could protect their base. They would say yes straight away.
If you was to ask anyone if they like it when some one jumps in and protects a base when they are going to attack it. No they wouldn`t.
There are many positives and many negatives out of it all.
Alliances wil just bring the game to be more multiplayer than solo which some people will like and some people wont.
Valkyrie Wolf wrote: »
I can't see this working out well at all. Why not work on getting rid of the bubble buddy issues first. The patrol fleet I felt was and is making it harder to get in bases as it is. Surely an entire alliance doesn't need to come to the rescue as well. Really the Alliance Feature should just make it easier for a team to correspond in game without having to use the FB chats which we have to go out of full screen to just chat.
Hast at work wrote: »
BTW in case anyone is confused about the KIXEYE development model:
Concept1 === Forum feedback gives Concept (2-nth)=== ignore forum feedback === implement Concept1 === lock thread
So enjoy wearing out your keyboards.
:cool:weirsy 2012 think if you dont wont to sink .
Paul Preece wrote: »
Oh and we didn't do it for money.