Alliance Defending

• Zahara-Deadly
    Zahara-Deadly
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 18
    BOC_Zahara-Deadly Brethren of the Coast Admin & The DarkBrotherhood Co-Leader.....

Sounds go to me....we ask our players to go park by an unprotected brother or sister's base at times to show support but that really doesn't do any good when sometimes none of us are online to control that battle outcome.... I am willing to put my fleet at risk for my team and I am sure my other admins and higher level players feel the same way because this is how we always have been. Especially our BOC Founders, they are phenominal men!
    :cool:

ZaharaD
  • MaDAzaron
    MaDAzaron
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 64
    I think this feature is a great idea, even after i read all the negativ comments. I think this feature could cause more massive fvf fights, which will make fun even when the base wont get hit. i could also imagine that the defnders, when they are all rallyed up, will do a counter attack.

You want the attack button back? go and try to beat him before he get to his target with the new feature ;) and if you will be once at at the gates of an enemy base, destroyed all enemy ally guards and attacking the base, getting his WHs you will be very glad to get out safefly after doing such a big effort.

You unhappy with bubbles? go and troll another thread. but as little suggestion disable the defense ablity of players in bubbles.

its a beta! i want to test this feature! :)
    "Because I was bored, that's why."

Sector
    - 162, 310 -
  • Born to be 90 alliance
    Born to be 90 alliance
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 228
    AWESUME

would it be better to go in the base like the base patrol fleet?
    DarkEnigma
    Lvl41
    sector 21
    sectors visited:90,89,280.475,212,121.401(thx to kixeye)
    http://www.mindistortion.tv/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=DarkEnigma1999
    my youtube channel:http://www.youtube.com/user/darkenigma1999?feature=results_main
  • Doomsdayrebel
    Doomsdayrebel
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,571
    Spack wrote: »
    If number of attacks bubbles were removed, if alliances were restricted in numbers to say 10 max, if there was a level range at which you could defend bases, if by defending a base you removed your own bubble, if any pvp combat removed your base bubble, then maybe, just maybe this could work.

There are so many things that need to change before this can happen and even then I think lone ranger players who dont do alliances would be screwed.

I agree with Spack here on all but the alliance member cap. But honestly with Patrol Fleets its already heard enough. I mean I tried a lvl 34 yesterday with 5 Dreads in it. I wasted 3 fleets for nothing, and if I had got in the 500% wouldn't even cover the repairs on two fleets much less the third one.

I think if you defend another players base, you should not have a bubble at all, I also think there shouldn't be a bubble unless you are 25-35% damaged, period. Number off attacks that does no damage is a useless feature. Please remove it.

But honestly I would rather see Kixeye use the Base Invaders game engine, and let us have "FORSAKEN BATTLEGROUNDS" / alliance Warfare. We know you can already have 4 player compete together against the Drac OPs.

If you truly want to bring back fleet battles, do it using the Base Invaders setup. But make it 3v3. 6 Players on the map at once going head to head in an Alliance Death Match. Put things in on the map to flank around, (shipwrecks, Icebergs, junk piles, etc...) then we could have some epic fleet battles.

You also could do two forms in the Battlegrounds arena. Alliance Death Match, the 3v3 version, and FREE FOR ALL!!!! Every man for himself!

Hell make a tournament for Gold using that setup. Battle for the Booty! lol K, now I'm just dreaming buy you all know that would be fun and kick major ****!
    Death Metal + Pirates = Fix Your Base \m/ \m/
    Event Hulls Won: = Who Cares

Sectors: They still make those???
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,308
    Hey, all you guys that used to be hardcore BP players and are sick of feature after feature aimed at the mediocre players:

PM me your Battletag or battle.net email so i can add you to friends on Diablo 3.

I play this game to hit bases, this change isn't aimed at increasing combat, it's aimed at increasing community. Kixeye thinks that the key to player retention is to build community (AKA WoW) but they FORGET that what they monetized was REVENGE.

Remove that at your peril.
    Base Name: Praetor [Locust]
    Current Level: 63 Current Sector: Pansyland
    Raid Hulls: All of them, yes, all of them.
    Oh and we didn't do it for money.
  • Dark Lord
    Dark Lord
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 603
    Yes, a seperate chat tab

and the ability to relocate as a group....to a single sector

your second thing move as a group I support 100%, great idea, even though pirate city said you ordered a base hit on me lol
  • jabzzz
    jabzzz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 358
    Good point, and we are taking this into account. We are trying to look at this from all angles to prevent any gross exploitation.

Reinforcements could be locked to the level of war academy, maximum 10.
    Evolve your game son.

We is smart ;)
  • Hast at work
    Hast at work
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 2,308
    BTW in case anyone is confused about the KIXEYE development model:

Concept1 === Forum feedback gives Concept (2-nth)=== ignore forum feedback === implement Concept1 === lock thread

So enjoy wearing out your keyboards.
    Base Name: Praetor [Locust]
    Current Level: 63 Current Sector: Pansyland
    Raid Hulls: All of them, yes, all of them.
    Oh and we didn't do it for money.
  • Christopher Law
    Christopher Law
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 560
    i agree this will be a bad idea. massive thought would need to go into this.. cos lvl 25 base couldnt hit a lvl 20 base cos lvl 33 player stuck a DREAD fleet on team mates base..

not read threw if anyone tried to provide this same soloution to help mr kixeye... maybe limit the fleet level to the level off base you wanna team defend..
    The_Zohan lvl 82. 119k ID.. Been around since before the first ever salvage event..... 
  • SatansSpawn
    SatansSpawn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 261
    This is about stupid how in the hell will we be able to get in bases we all ready have a bunch of **** high lvls that are getting bubbles now they will get protection from others so they can go hit bases 5 lvl below so no one can return the attack.
  • Kamikaze_Khan
    Kamikaze_Khan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 284
    If you are going to do this then please remove the base hit timer.
  • beccy1971
    beccy1971
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1
    Think this is a good idea, however they should remove the defending fleet inside the base.
  • Grizz53
    Grizz53
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 34
    an interesting concept. but as with most changes kixeye makes it would be abused so much or perverted into other uses!
  • axent13
    axent13
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 48
    Couple of things came to mind which do not make this a sensible feature to me.

Think about a level 22 player (player A) trying to hit another level 22 player (player B). Now think about the fleets player A probably has at this level to do base hits. Player A rolls up to player B's base and realizes it's being protected by a lvl 34 player's - (player C) - assault missle HH fleet from player B's alliance . If player A doesn't belong to an alliance ,from which to get help, how would player A get a chance to hit the base?

Maybe if you go with this feature - player C cannot guard his/ her base outside or inside leaving them open for a hit ....this is also assuming buddy bubbles are no longer possible.

Looks like if you are not in a strong alliance in the future this game will be tough to play. I think that is bad move when you think about how many individual players play this game and like doing their own thing.
    " I want to punch all in the face that participated in this."
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    I dont like this idea at all, alliance feature could be easily exploited with this as in an entire sector allying not neccessarily because they are allies or friends but just so they can defend each other, spam guards on any base you try to hit which is already taking 2 hits to get into in most cases with patrol fleets, or seeing that guy who keeps **** you being guarded by 10 fleets of baracudas? base hitting should be encouraged but this will put even more people off hitting bases. The only people i see benefitting from this is the level 25 farms.
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50s hit me now?
  • Bart Hogan
    Bart Hogan
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 45
    Bad idea kixeye.. You took away the ability to catch base attackers hitting your friends now this........... Low levels are the only ones that will benefit.. Will take 2-3 friends helping you now to hit a base... Kill the outside guards then kill the inside guards.... This game already takes long enough why add this headache to it.. Love the game but it is getting harder to enjoy it..
  • smilingtman
    smilingtman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 261
    The game took a big hit from taking away the attack when someone is hitting a base or fleets. All you guys did was made it so this guys can go base to base to level them and YES this same people glitch the repairs on the fleets so they are doing it just to keep people low levels. You said it takes no skill to jump or ninja a person hitting a base well take no skill hitting a base knowing you cant be jumped coming out. Takes SKILL to hit a base and get away know someone can jump you, You want to help smaller level people in the game Let friend have the chance to attack the people hitting them. Put the people spending money in sectors just for them and give the people that don't have the money play also.
  • William Hickey
    William Hickey
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 80
    nice now we can match defending dreads against attacking dreads..
  • tamlehrer
    tamlehrer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 2
    Why can we not go back to latching onto an enemy like we did before all the changes?
    Keep the changes like view battle and defending the base, but put back the part that we could attack
    fleet when it is coming out of the base after attacking or engaged in another fleet fight.
    Do you get where I am coming from?
    TheLoneOne
    Sec 71
    lvl 33<3
  • NOOB666
    NOOB666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 41
    Alliances will enable players to support their battle brothers in some new and exciting ways. One feature currently under consideration is to enable player fleets to automatically defend the fleets and bases of players who are in the same alliance. So for example, a high level player could park one of their high level fleets next to fellow alliance member's base thereby giving it additional protection. Any attack on the protected player's base would be intercepted by the friendly high level fleet. By doing this, however, the high level player would be risking their fleet by leaving it visible on the world map. On the whole, we feel this feature will lead to more fleets on the world map which will lead to more combat and more interesting strategic choices for players in alliances.

Please read the Forum Posting Rules for Future Features & Feedback before posting here.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg
  • robertg
    robertg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 564
    this is a really BAD idea.
    as stated before a lone wolf i sgoing to get hit all the time and even more low levels will either be in a bubble or will be protected by high levels which makes them untoucheble.
    no more playing by yourself, from now on you need a higher level to remove base guards (and sure they will always be prepared to sail 15 minutes so a level 26 can hit a level 24, right)
    when alliance war was announced it looked like a good idea. if this is what you came up with please dont!
    so much of the fun in this game has gone already, please dont screw it up even more.

if you want more fleets on the map, look at the causes why they are not there anymore.
    look at repair times and costs, look at refits (nearly impossible to do!), look at salvage, etc etc.
    i really dont get where this game is supposed to go to, all i know is that all the changes in the last 6/7 months did not work out well.
  • captainhippie
    captainhippie
    Tribune
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 10
    I think you guys should also concider helping an aliance member with rockets on view mode. defending an ally at distance or helping an aliance member during a base attack on the view mode. would be great.
  • robertg
    robertg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 564
    been reading a lot of posts.
    comes down to either we love it.
    or bad idea with extended explanetions why this will change the game again for the worst.
    combine it with the vieuw button and every aliance with level 33/34 in it on line will be unbeatable, they will simply send the right fleet to kill the attacker

it will not work as intended, go back to making this game fun.
    lower repair costs, lessen salvage, get people to actually play the game instead of making it farmville.
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 988
    Not sure if it's been said, it's always too hard to sift through these threads... they fill up so quickly... but, there should be a level difference cap for guarding alliance members, just like hitting bases. For example, a lvl 30 player should not be able to post a guard fleet at a lvl 20 player's base. Because usually, the player who is hitting the level 20 player will NOT be able to take out the level 30 player's fleet. There should be a challenge, but also a possibility of success. And please, don't throw out the "just get a lvl 30 friend to sink it for you" comments... Not all alliances/individual players will have a player that high to ask. It has to remain fair across the board.
  • Hellspawn
    Hellspawn
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 988
    I think you guys should also concider helping an aliance member with rockets on view mode. defending an ally at distance or helping an aliance member during a base attack on the view mode. would be great.

No. Just plain no. Reason: ten people can view at a time. Ten people each launching a small pinch = instant win for your friend. Not fair at all. It's called "Spectator Mode." Not "Participant Mode."
  • hanscb
    hanscb
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 87
    This is a bad idea. We already have people running around giving each other friend bubbles. You promised this would stop after base defense fleets were introduced. It hasn't. You've given defenders lots of new tools: base defense fleets, platform specials, and cerebus rockets. Isn't it time to throw the attackers a bone and get rid of the friend bubble system?
  • tarheel23
    tarheel23
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 555
    Awful idea. Why should a level 33 be able to defend a level 23 base, just because they are in an alliance?? How would anyone ever attack them?
    Level 77
  • lysan
    lysan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 131
    Here is a better idea kixeye. Tell me why someone is able to hit a base and then have a "friend" bubble him up while he is still attacking the other base? No one needs in base fleets or outside guarding fleets thanks to your stupid **** **** up bubble system. Fix that before you do anything else.
  • hanscb
    hanscb
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 87
    lysan, I couldn't agree more. I am level 32. The last person who got into my base is level 33 and lives in a perma-bubble using the bubble buddy system. This needs to be fixed.
  • spicer-70
    spicer-70
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,945
    If you truly want to bring back fleet battles, do it using the Base Invaders setup. But make it 3v3. 6 Players on the map at once going head to head in an Alliance Death Match. Put things in on the map to flank around, (shipwrecks, Icebergs, junk piles, etc...) then we could have some epic fleet battles.

You also could do two forms in the Battlegrounds arena. Alliance Death Match, the 3v3 version, and FREE FOR ALL!!!! Every man for himself!

Hell make a tournament for Gold using that setup. Battle for the Booty! lol K, now I'm just dreaming buy you all know that would be fun and kick major ****!

Yes... something like this would make fleet battles relevant again. The alliance defense will absolutely kill base hitting for me. It takes me 3 hits on any well setup base with a patrol NOT including clearing any outside guards. Which means more often than not... I have plenty of company waiting on me between successive hits/preps/etc. So now I will need to clear even more fleets, or need to ask friends to come and take damage (repair time) so I can hit a base that already often provides far too much repair time and resources lost to justify hitting it in the first place.

Hell no!

At a bare minimum You need to:
    1) provide a penalty for defenders beyond just getting fleet damaged (lose bubble sounds good to me)
    2) prevent endless spamming of guards (max of ___ 3? alliance defenders per base within certain timeframe, unlimited for number of fleets of base owner) .
    3) consider what will happen with defenders if I get into the base, (ie can an alliance guard be placed during prep so upon exit, the defender will need to be cleared so I can send in next wave)? This will 100% kill solo attacks, which are about 90-95% of my base hits
    4) provide some sort of level restriction, dreads defending the level 20 base is a bit absurd
    5) no more zero damage bubble rules. You get a bubble *only* if you take a minimum amt of damage, period.

All in all, this will severely limit the number of fleet battles IMO. Now instead of popping on and hitting a base when I have time.. it will have to be coordinated with others. Good to work with others, but now I need to wait on when they are ready... I bear the responsibility for the damage they take to help me hit a base, and ultimately, I'd rather just not put in all that time and effort to do the same crap I can do now at my own leisure.
This discussion has been closed.