Alliance Defending

• Demons Path
    Demons Path
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 3
    Lame idea m8....pretty sure we have enough defending going on....with fleets inside bases now....hw bout give BP wat they really want....Put anti mortors as Blueprints...make it fair for us all......THX......-ARES-
  • vvega
    vvega
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 238
    So some questions
    As you well know bubble pirates and cost you revenue and players . What you did by removing the attack feature ment that us as paying players didnt have to put up with there cheap shots at our fleets anymore .Bringing this feature could well mean that now as guard fleets we will be forced to deal with them again , Costing us fleets and likely coin and them .. some instant repair subs or some srub fleet that they have scrounded up .
    These unlimited instant repair fleets that they hide in there bubbled bases will actually prevent attacking of bases . people will just spam multipule gunboat fleets to defend bases .
    question is , how do you plan to deal with this ? while I'm willing to give this a go the sheer annoyance of this will mean loss of enjoyment of the game for me

Proposed solution .
    If you are in a bubble you cannot launch offensive attacks against other players and bases . Leave the bubble system as it is but effectively allow them to play salvage pirates but not play the real game unless they wish to be as vulnerable as we are attacking a base.

Im not saying they cant attack salvages . But if you want to play battle pirates . You should have to play to as the game is intended . Not to a workaround.

Only players within + - 5 levels can help guard a base .

Basically im talking a equal risk system.
    To guard a base you yourself must be unbubbled as must your alliance . If a player takes out your base while guarding .. there guard fleet must auto return to the base .
    This allows cordernated attacks on a base .. first you take out there support fleets . Then you can take there base .

This would stop the no risk attacks people do . As i said . if you want to play battle pirates . you play battle pirates . Not hide in a bubble and take cheap shot pirates .
    We take risk in attacking bases , You should be exposed to the same risk defending it .

it would also make the game more exciting as you can truly work as a team to take out a support structure before you take out a base meaning cordernated purposeful attacks.
    I ALSO think that a sucessfull attack should result in a no cost repair. Successful = 5 wh's and the OP destroyed but im probably asking to much there
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,964
    same here..I hate war commander!
    wesker wrote: »
    that i really hate in warcommander it soo **** annoying
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • bakla
    bakla
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 578
    this is battle pirates not war commander. please dont make both games similar.

and dont change the gameplay anymore.
    the game sucks now alot.
    My base is a zombie.
    It rises up after its dead and start killing anew.
  • Burke
    Burke
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,005
    [QUOTE=Marck Pf
  • Trogar
    Trogar
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 13,085
    Its a good idea, and hopefully some of the input in this thread will be SERIOUSLY considered. Here is my two cents.
    - The buddy bubble must go, no more 5-10 hit and retreat, 25% damage or no bubble.
    - Alliance guards must be +/- 5 lvls, 5 alliance guards max, 1 fleet/alliance member, 2 day cooldown/member.
    - Alliances should have a tag saying what alliance they are in, kinda like the "banned player ", without being charged for a name change.
    - Having an Alliance chat would be AWESOME, less cluttered sector comms.
    - If you are bubbled, you cannot defend another's base without losing YOUR bubble.

These are just a few things I think would make this addition to the game kickass...
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Burke wrote: »
    This is almost exactly what I was thinking, with the following differences to the items above.

1. absolutely essential to get rid of buddy bubbles this way
    3. a player could only send max 1 guard, a player could only receive a max 2 guards (maybe even limit to 1)
    7. I personally don't see a need to have a 5 level limit on guarding - maybe I'm missing something, though

Others have said alliance sizes might need to be limited, even at 10 people. I don't see why a limit would be needed, and if one were imposed, it should be much higher, at least 50 people.

Kix should also add a feature that allows you not to be locked in your base if someone parks a spam fleet in the base in an attack for 5 minutes without doing any damage - you should be able to go to the map, etc. and control outside ships if you have them.

Ideally, although this is probably a lot of coding, you should also be able to dock a ship at an alliance member's base, including with resources. Maybe limit this to only 1 ship docked in this manner at a time - to give people something they can do if their dock gets rocketed. Also allow repairs there, for the same reason.

Well, those are my thoughts, hope they are helpful.

1 guard fleet is a waste..

as far as 7 goes. Level is essential. Look at it like this. I'm a level 33 with Dreads, the person I'm defending is a level 19. I choose to send in a single fleet with a Gunboat as Flag and 4 Missile Dreads with SFB3 & Assaults.. hiding under the base there is NOTHING that the attacking player can do or throw at that.. and not even a higher level player can do a thing about it.

Alliance size matters little. I've seen them as small as 5 and as large are 300. No limits need be imposed in that regards.

I agree that a player should not be locked into the base fight.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox

"Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • boostdz
    boostdz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 190
    I am NOT liking the Idea.

Base hitting with the specials on the turrets. The inside base guard fleet, in addition to the guard fleets outside the base. Nobody really wants to attack a base with 10 defending fleets... much less 1 with 20 or 30 defending fleets.

I think that if you make this change... that it will kill off a LOT of the last few base hitters. I see a TON of bubbled bases sending fleets upon fleets of subs out to guard a base.

Say that you have an alliance with 10 people that are all on. They have speed boats and subs. Each has 1 fleet. It would take you atleast 2 minutes with a missle fleet to kill the subs. If you have to do this 10 times. By the time you kill the 5th one... the first one is repaired and back on guard. There would be NO WAY to get into that base. So... now instead of having to deal with the person is on or offline. You have to deal with his 50 person alliance, cause nobody has only 10 people.

And what about us that are NOT part of an alliance? We just get beat on the old fashion way and nobody can come to our aid. Since the "attack" button has been removed. They just hit and move away. Then hit again with no fear of being picked off. Then we won't even be able to retaliate cause, we would have to deal with EVERY fleet in the alliance.

I see this move really hurting the game. I hope that it doesn't take effect.
  • Burke
    Burke
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,005
    Rumseeker wrote: »
    1 guard fleet is a waste..

as far as 7 goes. Level is essential. Look at it like this. I'm a level 33 with Dreads, the person I'm defending is a level 19. I choose to send in a single fleet with a Gunboat as Flag and 4 Missile Dreads with SFB3 & Assaults.. hiding under the base there is NOTHING that the attacking player can do or throw at that.. and not even a higher level player can do a thing about it.

Alliance size matters little. I've seen them as small as 5 and as large are 300. No limits need be imposed in that regards.

I agree that a player should not be locked into the base fight.

I suggested limiting the number of guard fleets a player could give to another base at 1, and setting a limit on the number of guard fleets a player could receive, maybe at 2.

1 guard fleet wouldn't be a waste if it were controlled by an online player. But also, I agree with the concerns about guard spamming that others are raising here, so there should be a fairly small limit on the number of guard fleets other players can give you.
  • boostdz
    boostdz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 190
    Let me explain exactly how this is gonna work. Lets say... You have 3 alliance members on.. and 1 attacker.

John (attacker) attacks Ralph. Who has a sub fleet on guard. He runs around a little bit before being killed. But bought himself a enough time for his two friends to come help (Neil and Bob).

Neil and Bob both brought sub fleets to defend Ralph's base. So John attacks Neil. Who runs around a little bit and wastes time while Ralph is repairing his 2 minute subs. for a total of 8 minutes. Or maybe he even has 2 fleets of subs.

After John kills Neil and sends him back to his base. He then attacks Bob. Who runs around and buys a little time for Ralph's subs to be put back on guard. While Neil's fleet is in repair. After Bob's fleet is disposed of. Now John can attack Ralph's defending fleet again, it will seem mildly familiar. Almost like he had just killed this fleet only minutes ago. So, he sends it packing again.

Low and behold... Neil's fleet is repaired and good as new to go for another round. Mean while, John's base fleet is on its way and will be arriving shortly to actually attack the base.

Lets give John the benefit of the doubt that he beats all the fleets and is able to get into the base. At this point he has to take on the fleet inside the base. Which gives Neil and Bob time to repair their subs again. John is able to get rid of the fleet inside the base. He retreats to gain a little time to possibly prep the base for a hit.

When he retreats to attack again. There they are... Neil and Bob patiently waiting for John to try and attack again. So... now he gets to fight them all over again. With them juggling 3 fleets. By the time he gets back in the base... whatever he did manage to prep is half way repaired again. If his base fleet wasn't destroyed because it sat outside unattended while he was in a limitless base defending battle.

This would be easily achievable with ONLY 3 people online. And lets be honest... When would ONLY 3 people be on.

The base hitting will stop almost all together if you put this into action.

I am sorry... I don't agree with it and think its a BAD idea.
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    boostdz wrote: »
    Let me explain exactly how this is gonna work. Lets say... You have 3 alliance members on.. and 1 attacker.

John (attacker) attacks Ralph. Who has a sub fleet on guard. He runs around a little bit before being killed. But bought himself a enough time for his two friends to come help (Neil and Bob).

Neil and Bob both brought sub fleets to defend Ralph's base. So John attacks Neil. Who runs around a little bit and wastes time while Ralph is repairing his 2 minute subs. for a total of 8 minutes. Or maybe he even has 2 fleets of subs.

After John kills Neil and sends him back to his base. He then attacks Bob. Who runs around and buys a little time for Ralph's subs to be put back on guard. While Neil's fleet is in repair. After Bob's fleet is disposed of. Now John can attack Ralph's defending fleet again, it will seem mildly familiar. Almost like he had just killed this fleet only minutes ago. So, he sends it packing again.

Low and behold... Neil's fleet is repaired and good as new to go for another round. Mean while, John's base fleet is on its way and will be arriving shortly to actually attack the base.

Lets give John the benefit of the doubt that he beats all the fleets and is able to get into the base. At this point he has to take on the fleet inside the base. Which gives Neil and Bob time to repair their subs again. John is able to get rid of the fleet inside the base. He retreats to gain a little time to possibly prep the base for a hit.

When he retreats to attack again. There they are... Neil and Bob patiently waiting for John to try and attack again. So... now he gets to fight them all over again. With them juggling 3 fleets. By the time he gets back in the base... whatever he did manage to prep is half way repaired again. If his base fleet wasn't destroyed because it sat outside unattended while he was in a limitless base defending battle.

This would be easily achievable with ONLY 3 people online. And lets be honest... When would ONLY 3 people be on.

The base hitting will stop almost all together if you put this into action.

I am sorry... I don't agree with it and think its a BAD idea.

While I think we can all agree with what you have written here.. hypothetically.

Let's look at it from a slightly different point. Using your same example but since this IS about ALLIANCES.. we look at it from what I suspect is where Kixeye is intending. From the alliance standpoint.

John attacks Ralph, Ralph has a sub fleet on guard and his two buds Neil and Bob log on to begin defending. Seeing this John hops on chat and gets two of his buds Chuck and Mike. Now that 3 of them attack.

Here is where the scenario changes in favor of John. And where the whole alliance thing comes into play.

It does make it nearly impossible for a player that does not have an alliance to attack a person with an alliance but that is the nature of things.

It polarizes things and adds to the FvF aspect.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox

"Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • moforocks
    moforocks
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,827
    Are you **** me!! So no more two hits on a base! Nooooooo! Well more salvage pirates here we come! Swag.. So i have to waste a fleet hitting a base andwhile im in it...

Someone is guarding so i have to kill them, and 10 others to finish the base off..

Do you guys think of what this does to base hitting!

Wow.. Diablo 3 here i come! Cant wait....

Sorry not impressed with your guys thinking lately! Oh well ends well!
    TheMOFO_Resurrected
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Marcnstacy214?feature=guide
    **** HAPPENS, when you fall down, get back up!
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    I both really like and really hate this idea. It's good when you're the defender - very bad when you're the attacker. Especially considering those with 3 letter names that can hide under any base - any base could have a very large fleet hiding behind a gunboat under a base. Regardless, we'd just need to adapt and waste a scout fleet on a regular basis. This will just make it more difficult to hit bases in some cases - nothing a good player can't handle though.
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    moforocks wrote: »
    Wow.. Diablo 3 here i come! Cant wait....

I can't wait! Maybe we can get on the same server :)
  • n0s_speed
    n0s_speed
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 3,636
    wow, a lot of bad things about this idea............i thought the alliance feature was something else, not alliance defending......good thing this didn't come out back in September, most base hitters would've quit then. lol.

10-hit bubble is not good on this.
    more repair on the attackers fleets. yay, more money for kixeye! just like the base defenders with dreads. not many people can break through bases with dreads.
    base hits won't be as worth it.
    i will have my alliance defend my base with 100 dread fleets.

everyday i ask myself, why am i spending on this game when in 1 update it could ruin it for me......this update will probably be the last draw!
    In Game Name: n0s_speed
    Alliance: DOA
    Level: 66

• NuclearFallout
    NuclearFallout
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 8,431
    Alliances will enable players to support their battle brothers in some new and exciting ways. One feature currently under consideration is to enable player fleets to automatically defend the fleets and bases of players who are in the same alliance. So for example, a high level player could park one of their high level fleets next to fellow alliance member's base thereby giving it additional protection. Any attack on the protected player's base would be intercepted by the friendly high level fleet. By doing this, however, the high level player would be risking their fleet by leaving it visible on the world map. On the whole, we feel this feature will lead to more fleets on the world map which will lead to more combat and more interesting strategic choices for players in alliances.

Please read the Forum Posting Rules for Future Features & Feedback before posting here.
    nom nom nom
    "Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men."
    - John F Kennedy 

"If you're explaining, you're losing"
    Ronald Reagan

No I'm not a moderator
  • Michigan Marauder
    Michigan Marauder
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,787
    So lets say this all works flawlessly and you have 0 bugs.............

Suzy simple the CC queen of S169 goes to hit Jeremy KTS and in so Doing see's that there is a guard fleet and Suzy is okay with that because she is 2 levels higher. Well as Suzy is killing guard fleet 1, then Dicky pulls up with 5 gun boats, This gives Richard who is 2 minutes away and who seen the first fight bringing in the perfect counter, and Suzy has taken no damage but "if" She goes on to attack Jeremy KTS....Richard KTS is not only waiting but licking his chops.

Then the down side is that now Suzy either has to pull back or attack again and be slaughtered. This does not seem to far out of the realm of what can happen. While it may not happen all the time. If you called a Ninja Button unfair? What do you call this as in most sectors your going to have 4/5/6 people close enough that even just setting out a Merc fleet others will have time to defend.

We are not even talking an large alliance and what could happen. This same scenario could play out thousands of times a week. How in the world does this promote anything other than making sure base hitting is DEAD? I also have already noted how this also promotes multi accounts.

Here is what I saw for an "alliance feature" (IHY) It was simple it was easy and it did everything an alliance needed as it told people what alliance you belonged too. Keep it simple stupid even has its roots to gaming. Why the complex code? Why all the rules?

Then how does this make the nomads, the Suzy CC, The Wallet Warrior Wally, Fred the weekend player, Sammy the casual spender, or any of the people who are not in an alliance and have no desire to. Does KIXEYE really want to go out and say hey....Make an alliance or **** you because we are giving them perks? This is another big thing.

I could list more things but I know the answer you are developing it and you may take some of our sentiments into consideration, but bottom line is they are going in the game. I do hope I am missing something, but when you isolate and tell people in order to get a benefit you have to join others. Regardless of what you see I believe the game will survive but it will never be the same.
    Tired of closed threads and over moderation, join a new forum where conversation is welcomed
    http://www.thedarkalliance.org/forum/forum.php

WoW Alpha Tester

Holy crap I need to get my eyes checked.  I thought you had typed, "Will we see midget strippers dancing on our whorehouses?"

Sarcasm and jadedness is all we have left - everything else costs Uranium now. -Grumpy Pirate

• kdowjr
    kdowjr
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 49
    Personally i think this is a bad idea. Not only will it make hitting and hiding even worse, but instead of buddy bubbling, people will just guard a base you are going after seconds before you hit, to force you base attacking fleet to battle a fleet battling fleet. Also with each alliance member having potentially 10 fleets, it can turn into and endless cycle of gunboats or other fleets, making it impossible to hit a base at all. PLEASE do not add this feature Kixeye!!!!!
  • Robert_R
    Robert_R
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 6
    YES. Great idea. Hate not being able to defend an Alliance members base.

Hi DK The Grape.... Missing you and your Soulfood buddies!!! Sorry to have ousted you and your buddies from 284, pehaps the alliance thing would have saved you guys! but probably not! Say hi to Soulcrusher and remember to be nice on the comms, Hugs and kisses, xoxo

FreshDeathMasterBang
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Meh...protecting low level friends is cool i guess but still...i would rather have some updates that are driven to increase the fun factor instead.

Since the attack button is gone not a whole lot to do in this game other than hit bases :(
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Jonjon212
    Jonjon212
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 83
    so when will we expect to see this update? im still waiting for the alliance feature to be incorporated into the game
    DON'T CRY HACKER IF I GET IN YOUR BASE! JUST ACCEPT THE FACT YOUR BASE SUCKS!

Can not help those who wont help themselves.
  • dropowt
    dropowt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 5
    Spack wrote: »
    So, does this mean anyone near the base will end up defending it or is it only for people in specific alliance? By doing so will it mean people can effectively defend another's base while hiding in your own bubble? or will it actually remove their own bubble?

If the answer to either question is yes then I fear it will result in less base hits not more. It's already bordering on futile in terms of resource costs to get into a base without adding extra layers of difficulty.

p.s. I'm guessing the big update you are referring to is the alliance feature because if not the game just got seriously complicated.

"Perfect" (The Italian connection)
  • Hyperius
    Hyperius
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 12,118
    I think we shood also have a clan tag for your alliance to knw who to defend and who not.

KIXEYE Senior Moderator

Playing since 9/30/11

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status /

Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service

• faytar
    faytar
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 775
    to a lot of the complaints i have read couldn't the attacking player bring a few friends as well ? :P travel time for fleets coming to the fight and getting sent home with repair times should also work to prevent endless defense battles , this change just means you gonna want to have friends in attacks and defense of bases and as long as there is a way to tell if a person is in an alliance or not it should be pretty good and should make for some good ole fleet vs fleet battles of massiveness which would be a good thing
    whs: 0 res makers: 0 interest in playing bp: 0
    Only players that Kix cares about are the coiners, want them to listen more of you gonna need to cut them off of your wallet.
  • lysan
    lysan
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 131
    Another idea that I'm against. I do a LOT of solo base hitting. It's hard enough to hit a base with the stupid in base fleet but now you want me to have to clear off extra fleets? No wonder more and more people are saying screw base hitting and are hitting salvages instead.

Come on KIXEYE, don't you think its about time you fire the idiot that keeps coming up with these stupid **** ideas? You need to hire someone that knows how to PvP instead of the farmville people.
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,964
    yes they should give us the tag for free..time we get something back.

TheBAM wrote: »
    I think we shood also have a clan tag for your alliance to knw who to defend and who not.
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • JoeFri85
    JoeFri85
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 611
    this is a more worst idea then the "jump to conclusions mat"

so we can have endless gunboat fleets and endless a,lliance fleets?

or does high level mean it has to outclass your level of base fleet in order to qualify as a guard?
    YESS!!! I am going to make it my life's goal to get a screenshot of a constant stream of gunboats coming from all directions all going to the same base to guard it!!! The new UNCRACKABLE base!!!!
    Folks, the KIXEYE team puts their lives into these games (me included). The simple fact is that we have the luxury of not having to put up with rude **** and disrespect will not be tolerated towards ANY KIXEYE team member. Understood?
  • jay711
    jay711
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 281
    I think it's a bad idea. Having in-base guarding fleet usually requires multiple hits. Then during the first hit, another alliance member come to the base, the hitter will have no chance to go in the second time. Providing travelling time, cost of repair, etc, it won't be fun hitting base any more.
  • jay711
    jay711
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 281
    if you don't want higher level to hit lower level, just put a limit on it; not +5/-5, but +5/-2 or something like that..
  • JTNL LIMO
    JTNL LIMO
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 7
    maybe rather then adding new things you might want to fix the old things that have turned a great game into a place for jerks to go around unchecked and mess it up for other people.......... u added the view battle a nice thing but in doing so you made it almost impossible for someone to attack the the attacker so last night I saw a jerk hit 35 miners all low LV people needing res putting there little fleets out.... the guy wasn't looking for res he just wanted to kill little fleets he's a LV 30 so over and over again 7 of us some low some high went to click him to engage and stop him and no one could do it ..................... FIX THAT and the WHITE SCREEN and get rid of all the RED Ghost Cargo ships b4 you start adding more things that might mess up the game ............... the way I see it BP will be a world of Alliances because that will be the ONLY way you can help a friend ...............
This discussion has been closed.