Alliance Defending

• David Ferrin
    David Ferrin
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 24
    It didnt matter anyways the good players knew how to do the escape anyways. But I agree I did like to help defend my neighbor. Now you can go from base to base and attack and dont have to worry about an Armada sitting outside waiting to jump you. Before you neednt to take friends with you to back you up while you were hitting a base now you dont have to bother.
    Davethepirate - LVL 63
    A66 - The Alliance
    Senior Council Member
    Sector 66; Born, Raised, and WILL Always Defend to my last ship.
  • rummrunner24
    rummrunner24
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 67
    Tell us again: what if you're not in an alliance and don't want to be in an alliance?

Any way to figure out who is neutral? And yes, sounds like the neutrals will be screwed...
    BYM User ID is: 13191755
    Mac 10.6.8
    Chrome | Flash Player 11.2.2.02.229
    ISP: ATT/SBC DSL on Apple Airport wireless
    Per speedtest.net: Ping 37 ms / Download Speed: 0.65 Mbps / Upload Speed 0.31 Mbps

BP User ID: 1692555
    Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. Thank you for everything.
  • legion381
    legion381
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 800
    give us the alliance building that was promised last september allow the building to add a pre set clan tag to players fleets and base then it wud help avoid mistaken alliegence
    Just an **** being a Pirate
    "Don't like it go play Farmville"
    Proud winner of the Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Lightcruiser, Lightcruiser X, Battlecruiser, Battlecruiser X, Goliath, Battleship, Super Fortress, Spectre, Strike Cruiser, Dreadnought X, Triton, Thresher and the Mercury
  • hotshot betrayer of 127
    hotshot betrayer of 127
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 40
    this is gonna make things harder. Question: what alliance does it have to be? alliances i am in have groups on facebook. This will be anoying because more **** can talk crap now that they can have like 14 of other peoples fleets. how about posting this stuff a month b4 you change stuff so u can listen to our responses in time
  • gingerbeard
    gingerbeard
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 40
    on the down side, does this mean that alliances will be able to wreck bases and then go and hide behind their **** buddies, this will leave the players who arent in alliances with no chance to strike back against attackers, it will make game play very weighted in favour of alliances. who is going to defend the bases of people who dont wish to join alliances
    Sectors Born in 265, visited 321 and a few others, raid hulls won none first played october 2010
  • John Lawlor
    John Lawlor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 283
    Not sure if im the only one to notice this, but in order to have alliance defence we have to have alliances, right? So this could imply the next update is alliance, anyone agree?
    John_Lawlor-Battle pirates User ID: 1924775
    bat·tle--Noun: A conflict between forces. Verb: Fight or struggle tenaciously to achieve or resist something. pi·rate/ˈpīrət/
    Noun: A person who attacks and robs ships at sea. Verb: Rob or plunder (a ship).
    Do you love God, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior? If you do, put this in your sig.
    Jesus will return here and save those who have faith in Him. I believe in His second coming.
    I am telling this to spread the word.
  • GigaPirate
    GigaPirate
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 5,046
    Not sure if im the only one to notice this, but in order to have alliance defence we have to have alliances, right? So this could imply the next update is alliance, anyone agree?

Wow. You are just Johnny-on-the-spot today, aren't you?
    "we have never banned on IP address, we ban cheaters. If you cheat you will be banned." CM QRich
  • OCTOBERS RUST
    OCTOBERS RUST
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 459
    Im walking through the treez if ya now what i mean ;)
    Player ID: 2163

• Target
    Target
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 4,296
    Could work but will need restricting to 1 or 2 fleets defending at most, As a keen base hitter the resources/profit don't bother me it's the additional repair time would make the game more gruelling than it should be. The removal of the attack button was a step in the right direction and a hit for the sector police, this alliance defending would be a step back.

Perhaps make the attack button an option when an alliance member is under attack.
  • Talasarian
    Talasarian
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 37
    Target wrote: »
    Perhaps make the attack button an option when an alliance member is under attack.

Yes, this I like. That would be a good feature. They could also make it to where the attack button shows up for people on your friends list getting hit due to I have many friends in other alliances.
    Talasarian (53) Current Sector: 277 Home Sector: 51 Visited Sectors: 51, 73, 124, 138, 277, 300, 337, 453, 454 Alliance:None BP user ID: 1894xxx Proud winner of the Strike Cruiser and Battle Cruiser
  • kvd
    kvd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,130
    i think this is gonna be good.
    but hear is what i think.
    repair times should PERMINATLY be halved and costs would double.
    giving more fvf fighting with same money to repair a fleet
    a max of 10 fleets alowed id say. and that includes the player's fleets(the person being attacked)
    however there should not be name tgs
    this is a bad idea
    we are pirates
    we make aliances,and break them as fast as we make them. we would work togetehr to hit a abse and as soon as its dead we would fight over the loot. thats the way it should work. so planning who and when you will backstab would be what we do. and it would be much the way the game becomes. while already existing aliances would hold together and have massive fvf fights. next we need to be able to defend alied fleets. so a bunch of aliace members would click "defend" on their alianced emmbers base fleet anad protect it to get to the enemy base. but your defending fleet would need to be faster than those defending you or they would fall behind and no longer be defending. this would also give a reason for streamlining. aswell as base flets with that to come in as a supprize when theythink they have the basefleet engaed...but thats to come later.
    Toxic Rage
    Level 29   |   KVD   |   Hellstorme, Elite Hellfires, Elite Warhawks, Elite Gatlin Trucks, Elite Lazer Tank, Flac Tank, Stinger, Reaper, Drone Silo, Shock trooper, Colossus, 

[url]http://support.kixeye.com/mail/help/system_requirements[/url]
  • thomas_d_wk
    thomas_d_wk
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 12
    Was this in the new update? If so how do we make our alliance official??
  • Party_Animal
    Party_Animal
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 7
    SO WHERE IS THIS UPDATE SWAG!!!! New improvements, all I can see is some fancy graphics.
  • Sabertooth1250
    Sabertooth1250
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    You need to let us guard friends bases.........
  • Seawolf74
    Seawolf74
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 108
    I hope this mean Kixeye is bringing in an allaince function. like evony has. aswell as other games. possible allow a free name change or automatically adding a tag to a players name???
    "Rise from the depths of dark waters to challenge yourself,
    Your foes in Awe over your victory" ;)
  • Justin Fylon Ong
    Justin Fylon Ong
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 39
    Yes, Alliances is in. 1 more thing: does any1 have the same prblm i hv? fleet 1 is slower then the rest of the fleets even thought same ships were used in both fleets. Kixeye, i think u forgot about this long standing issue. This is just a reminder. :)
  • Schnickser
    Schnickser
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 29
    AND WHAT IS with SECTOR DEFENDING for TERORRISM ALLIANCES---WE WANT A BUTTON, TOO HAHAHA ----I KILL ALL COINERS
  • UnitedStates
    UnitedStates
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 78
    I dont really think this is a good idea unless you then tip the scale in the way of the attacker. It's a defenders game right now really....
    I Like to hit in sector.

DON'T CLICK ME
    Are you kidding, I'm not made of money. I'll do priority shipping at best.
  • Mad_Dog
    Mad_Dog
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 65
    Dont like it. Now there will be endless ships outside a base to defend it. There will be a fleet inside to defend. It wont make sense to attack a base. You could use all your fleets trying to attack one base. But what Kixeye wants is you to do just that. So you will coin more repairs. Stop! Kixeye you are gonna screw up this game and lose a lot of you players.
  • frigatefurious
    frigatefurious
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 100
    Mad_Dog wrote: »
    Dont like it. Now there will be endless ships outside a base to defend it. There will be a fleet inside to defend. It wont make sense to attack a base. You could use all your fleets trying to attack one base. But what Kixeye wants is you to do just that. So you will coin more repairs. Stop! Kixeye you are gonna screw up this game and lose a lot of you players.

they have already screwed it up with this most recent update i guarentee this will be the end of bp if they dont rectify it
  • Brian Hutchins
    Brian Hutchins
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 66
    The game took a big hit from taking away the attack when someone is hitting a base or fleets. All you guys did was made it so this guys can go base to base to level them and YES this same people glitch the repairs on the fleets so they are doing it just to keep people low levels. You said it takes no skill to jump or ninja a person hitting a base well take no skill hitting a base knowing you cant be jumped coming out. Takes SKILL to hit a base and get away know someone can jump you, You want to help smaller level people in the game Let friend have the chance to attack the people hitting them. Put the people spending money in sectors just for them and give the people that don't have the money play also.

LOL i love it i'll rape 3-4 bases in a row now with a daisy chain of 10-20 angry players chasing me lol.
    That_Guy_Again a.k.a. TGA
    Home: 309
    Current: 288
    Visited: 497, 165, 127, 309, 288
  • greendeath
    greendeath
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 249
    had a player in 376 clear his base already he destroyed all the buildings and wh`s so he is flat land now
  • Blazer0x
    Blazer0x
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 293
    It would be helpful if an alliance "guard fleet" would have some sort of visual indicator (maybe the shield/guard icon) to show that it is guarding an alliance base and not just a random ship in the area. This will keep attackers from being too surprised :)
  • dysonju
    dysonju
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 2
    Alliances will enable players to support their battle brothers in some new and exciting ways. One feature currently under consideration is to enable player fleets to automatically defend the fleets and bases of players who are in the same alliance. So for example, a high level player could park one of their high level fleets next to fellow alliance member's base thereby giving it additional protection. Any attack on the protected player's base would be intercepted by the friendly high level fleet. By doing this, however, the high level player would be risking their fleet by leaving it visible on the world map. On the whole, we feel this feature will lead to more fleets on the world map which will lead to more combat and more interesting strategic choices for players in alliances.

Please read the Forum Posting Rules for Future Features & Feedback before posting here.

So basically, players will not be able to hit bases anymore without a level 35 friend to tag along to kill the fleets parked outside. I do not like this idea.
  • Simon Ockwell
    Simon Ockwell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 221
    - I think this would put people that are not in an alliance at a disadvantage
    - I think the contradicts removing the "friendly bubble" as players can hit bases and have their "pals" guard their base in turn making it impossible to attack without a group equally as large.
    - The quantity of guard fleets has been mentioned, too many would make an attack implausible
    - Could I suggest rather than a guard fleet, that alliance member advantage would be to have the attack alerted to them in Comms, with the attackers base co-ords, for retaliation?
    This would then escalate to a hitter war between groups, if more than 5 hits between factions is completed then a war declaration is alerted to sectors involved in Comms.
    - Winning conditions to be ranked to each faction, most ranked choice on either side goes. IE Loose faction blocked from hitting winning faction (time limit, or condition on not being hit by winning faction), Resource weekly award award (time limited) 10% res taken from loosing faction and evenly split to winning faction. Relocation required / sector ban (loose faction much relocate and be blocked from sector (time limited).
    -Alliance outposts, Res between 4 players used to build outpost (like drac outpost) that can be used to dock 4 ships for repair, res unloading / collecting. These can be hit like Drac outposts to gain the res between 4 other players from rival faction. This brings a new aspect to game play, where territory wars can happen. IE building an outpost in rival sector. Obviously a limit on Outpost numbers 4 plays = 1 outpost (one 1 per member).

A lot more ideas for Alliance wars, that will not effect single / new players as much.

Regards,
    SirSimon
  • kvd
    kvd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,130
    i dont really think this is a good idea unless you then tip the scale in the way of the attacker. It's a defenders game right now really....

i belive you to be incorect
    there are lv 28's that have hh's and seige mortars and they crack my base(im lv 30 with a good layout)
    and how do you see it fair for a lv 35 to attack a lv 30? There is a gap of around 4 mounths that the lv 35 can make better boats. They can avhe 5(or more) base fleets if the first fails
    and btw this is a war game. Not a farming game
    you are not supposed to attac a base,kill plats,and hit wh
    this is war
    you attackl fleets. You stratagise and make aliances.
    You slowly push back the enemy so that are are near their base. And perhaps,right when you think you won,their firend comes and kills you.
    And than your friends come to that firiednd. This is a war. Not a farmning game
    a war includes:
    -attacks
    -retreats
    -aliances
    -retaliations
    -winners
    -losers

and i havent seen any 100+ fleet batttles for the last year. So i dont see how its unfair.
    And i hope when this comes i fvf will become the majo part of the game again.
    And as i said befor you should be able to defend an aliance member's fleet
    and than you all cover that fleet as it heads for the base. And than when you get there other people from your aliance will have attacked and retreated from other bases leading them away from the target.....
    And so mabee,jsut mabee,you may get the base befor the aliances joins in....
    Than its 10 aliance member fleets vs defender fleets
    i think a limit to any defending should be 10.
    And your fleets count to defending your base
    Toxic Rage
    Level 29   |   KVD   |   Hellstorme, Elite Hellfires, Elite Warhawks, Elite Gatlin Trucks, Elite Lazer Tank, Flac Tank, Stinger, Reaper, Drone Silo, Shock trooper, Colossus, 

[url]http://support.kixeye.com/mail/help/system_requirements[/url]
  • blackbelly
    blackbelly
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 13
    i have been pushing for this since i started playing so support this whole heartedly. we already have alliances this will bring them out in the open, i have played other games were this is the way and works fine the only down side is alliance wars and bullies (which we already have anyway) but you will never stop this but only reduce it. some people are just either scared of change or losing power. this idea just brings together what we are already doing and makes it more workable.
  • K0FAX
    K0FAX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 114
    Surely this feature won't be abused by users with multiple accounts...
    “Why do people say “Grow some balls.”?
    Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a ****!
    Those things take a pounding!”
  • christopherkuntz
    christopherkuntz
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 11
    ya hate not being able to defend a friend in a alliance u should also make it to be able to defend a friends base if they are ur fiend so u can help them also becuase some of my fiends are not in the alliances i am in
  • WokNok
    WokNok
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 21
    only thing i am afraid of with this feature is what a few have already stated....people will set out 20 guard fleets for a base making it impossible to attack with any chance of success. Also, with baracudas rolling around the seas now....all those fleets guarding will be a buffet line for them...just sayin.
This discussion has been closed.