Base Invaders III what is the prize.?

• Faddy
    Faddy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 815
    if u look at the base inavaders 3 logo vassago is holding something similar to a ff in his hand... i think thats the new hull

looks like the ship ina lvl 7 salvage
    Current sector: 440
    Previous sectors: 367, 368, 291,2, 149,400, 499, 200, 249, 407, 408, 7, 325, 351, 264,160,89, 448, 348
  • Charon
    Charon
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 353
    Cyaneye wrote: »
    Close, but not quite. This what the ships actually are: (About half of them are in-game descriptions)

Gunboat = Patrol Boat
    Skirmisher = Corvette
    Longship = Frigate
    Marauder = Cruiser
    Battle Barge = Battlecruiser
    Seawolf = Destroyer
    Leviathan = Battleship
    Floating Fortress/Hammerhead = Dreadnaught/Floating Superfortress[Thanks to aircraft, there is no real-world equivalent]

I think my view on the Marauder and the Sea Wolf is more correct. The in-game description should change.
    Χάρων
    Sector 135
    My blood is blue, striped with white and the cross is in my heart!
    I have no need for your pitiful resources, so I'll take your dock and research for the fun of it.
    Every game's objective is to have fun.
  • Flo
    Flo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 8,586
    Close, but not quite. This what the ships actually are: (About half of them are in-game descriptions)

Gunboat = Patrol Boat
    Skirmisher = Corvette
    Longship = Frigate
    Marauder = Cruiser
    Seawolf = Destroyer
    Leviathan = Battleship
    Floating Fortress/Hammerhead = Dreadnaught/Floating Superfortress[Thanks to aircraft, there is no real-world equivalent]

May I know where you got the names for non raid prizes?
    Currently playing: Vega Conflict
    Alliance: Galaxy Lords

• Skyfall drac2
    Skyfall drac2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 3,173
    the prize will not be announced until the event starts as usual, or if they make an announcement with the quota prizes and prize ship itself which rarely happens though.

look at my thread

"Everything is OK in the end, if it's not OK, then it's not the end."

• IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    A sawn off spud gun for the Forsaken HH !
    Old players don't know best !
  • davec415
    davec415
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,648
    I think that when event starts. Dracs takes over your base. Top prize is how fast can you get your base back from the dracs. Consolation prize is u loose your base for 4 days. He-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e
    Playing Since July 10 2011
  • Johnny Kirkland
    Johnny Kirkland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 393
    massive cash maker for Kix... During the Raid(especially since its 4 days) instead of giving the new hull (If there is even going to be 1)to the top 4 sect winners, make the Hull given out in the form of Blue Prints...every time you kill a base, u have the chance of getting a print...And yes if your one of the up to 4 players in the base when it dies, u have a chance to get a print...Maybe this could be a special raid event, lol one where all people had a chance to win a new hull...noobs through lvl 36 can win, and just because a players base is not a high lvl, doesnt mean he would not spend some cash, if he knew for a fact, he had a chance at winning the prize...This is merely chit i dream up after to much coffee lol..
  • Lunar Razor
    Lunar Razor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,449
    whatever the prize is ... the winners are gonna be the ones that are up for 4 days straight then they will start building the ship and catch up on some sleep then start the next one (assuming it is a ship you win)

• Zaliya
    Zaliya
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 156
    The prize will not be announced until the event starts as usual, or If they make an announcement with the quota prizes and prize ship itself which rarely happens though.

Swag usually posts a video on the Kixeye youtube site showing what the quota's are and what the main prize is. Have a little patience and faith in the moderators and developers, people.
    Madam_Zaliya
    Sector 450
    Level 61
  • caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,964
    A sea Dragon!
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • Past-Master
    Past-Master
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 102
    "massive cash maker for Kix... During the Raid(especially since its 4 days) instead of giving the new hull (If there is even going to be 1)to the top 4 sect winners, make the Hull given out in the form of Blue Prints...every time you kill a base, u have the chance of getting a print...And yes if your one of the up to 4 players in the base when it dies, u have a chance to get a print...Maybe this could be a special raid event, lol one where all people had a chance to win a new hull...noobs through lvl 36 can win, and just because a players base is not a high lvl, doesnt mean he would not spend some cash, if he knew for a fact, he had a chance at winning the prize...This is merely chit i dream up after to much coffee lol.. "

Merely Chit ???? .. that sounds like the fairest system I have ever heard of .. you should either work for the devs or be on commission. A suggestion like that is likely to get you banned by KIXEYE for "fairness" hahahaha :p
    [COLOR=#006400][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#FF0000][/COLOR]
  • Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Wyvern The PinkiePie
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,766

Gunboat = Patrol Boat
    Skirmisher = Corvette
    Longship = Frigate
    Marauder = Cruiser
    Seawolf = Destroyer
    Leviathan = Battleship

I was using a scale of Forsaken = Draconian equivalents. :p

I didn't put "Draconian" behind their respective words because some people would say "Why is everything labeled 'Draconian'??? We KNOW they are Draconian, so don't spam that word!" or something like that. :lol::D
  • Chris Robb
    Chris Robb
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,547
    from what i am seeing atmo i think the quota is gonna be boat based flak guns .. someone in 286 is 'hacking' now and useing it on all their fleets of hh hulls a b and sea scorpions...
    oh if this was a teaser, explains why you are all master baiters :)

bored :)

Hitman007 said:
    It has built in re-targeting however because you do not have laser on them they will not hit subs under water with them.
  • telemarks
    telemarks
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 637
    Zaliya wrote: »
    Swag usually posts a video on the Kixeye youtube site showing what the quota's are and what the main prize is. Have a little patience and faith in the moderators and developers, people.
    Trouble is this only happened minutes before the last RAID was due to start.

Some of us would like to plan in advance. Put simply:
    - If I know the prize is good, I'll set aside some time for the event.
    - If the prize is bad, I won't take part in the event.
    - If I don't know the prize until a couple of days before the event, I won't be able to commit time to the RAID and won't be taking part.

So right now I'm not taking part in BI3. Want to change that Kixeye? .. then you know what to do ...
    ==================
    BP Home Sector = 77 
    BP Sectors Visited - 240, 77, 296, 407, 104, 78, 52, 11, 197, 241, 88, 94, 491, 456, 182, 497, 171, 313, 100, 379

Retired from active BP playing at level 82
  • telemarks
    telemarks
    Strike-force Captain
    PS .. the Ship Flak gun was released as part of thre BP uber Glitch at the start of BI2 ...
    Glitch-flakgun.jpg
    ==================
    BP Home Sector = 77 
    BP Sectors Visited - 240, 77, 296, 407, 104, 78, 52, 11, 197, 241, 88, 94, 491, 456, 182, 497, 171, 313, 100, 379

• SneakYbiatch
    SneakYbiatch
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 350
    if u look at the base inavaders 3 logo vassago is holding something similar to a ff in his hand... i think thats the new hull

that was my thought too !!
    SneakYbiatch
    LEVEL 35
    Alliance: You don't need one when you're a One Man Army !!
    “Your mother is so poor that she can't even pay attention” Eric Cartman

RR4(Battleship), BI 1(Dread), BI 2(Scorpion), BI 3(Barracuda), BI 4(Goliath), BI 5(Strike Cruiser), BI 6(Battle Cruiser, HH-A & Interdictor)
  • Zaliya
    Zaliya
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 156
    telemarks wrote: »
    Trouble is this only happened minutes before the last RAID was due to start.

Some of us would like to plan in advance. Put simply:
    - If I know the prize is good, I'll set aside some time for the event.
    - If the prize is bad, I won't take part in the event.
    - If I don't know the prize until a couple of days before the event, I won't be able to commit time to the RAID and won't be taking part.

So right now I'm not taking part in BI3. Want to change that Kixeye? .. then you know what to do ...

Well, if you frequent the youtube site, you will see the video BEFORE it is posted here on the forums. Believe it or not, most videos are up a day or two before they are posted to the forums. Kixeye releases information in plenty of time for people to "plan" for the event. It is not good business practice to unveil new items long before they are due to be released.
    Madam_Zaliya
    Sector 450
    Level 61
  • Dumbledore666
    Dumbledore666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 196
    A space ship? What game are you playing?
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    the sea scorpion is not dracon its forsaken so maybe it is a dracon sea wolf or maybe a space ship no1 knows unstill they say for sure

• caribbean girl
    caribbean girl
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,964
    A sea dragon
    telemarks wrote: »
    PS .. the Ship Flak gun was released as part of thre BP uber Glitch at the start of BI2 ...
    Glitch-flakgun.jpg
    not a normal gal...xoxo
  • Hitman007
    Hitman007
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 8,990
    Kamp187 wrote: »
    A space ship? What game are you playing?

lol it was a joke but the s.s is not dracon its forsaken
    Report hackers and any other problems you may have by sending in a Ticket

If a MOD or a CM remove/close/edit/delete a thread or a post, there's a reason for it. Re-posting the same post/thread is a violation of forum rules

BP Glossary, Everything you need to know about BP Everything you should need to know about Battle Pirates
  • telemarks
    telemarks
    Strike-force Captain
    Zaliya wrote: »
    Well, if you frequent the youtube site, you will see the video BEFORE it is posted here on the forums. Believe it or not, most videos are up a day or two before they are posted to the forums. Kixeye releases information in plenty of time for people to "plan" for the event. It is not good business practice to unveil new items long before they are due to be released.

Well BI3 Raid starts in under 3 days, and nothing on Youtube yet ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Kixeye/videos
    Some of us have Real Lives to organise and need more advance warning than that, to work out if its worth taking part or not.

Interestingly the BI2 Video (event started 24th Feb), was posted 2nd March on YouTube ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYjx7iGj-X4
    ==================
    BP Home Sector = 77 

• Perbrill
    Perbrill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 806
    I think the prizes will be:

for the quota prize: a base defence building that makes all attacking ships go haywire and be uncontrollable.

for the main prize: the photonic sub; this is a base patrol fleet that when anyone attacks your base it activates causing the screen to go completely white

Ah we all already have these

• Silver_Back
    Silver_Back
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 132
    :cool:
    iwrk4dedpr wrote: »
    Heck.. I might even put up cash if the top 4 players get the ATTACK FLEET button back full time.
    SilverBack - Lvl65

Hulls - Who cares (All of them)
    Sectors - Travel everywhere to Insector Hit
    Memorials - I  hit them all!!  :)
  • Dark_Matter
    Dark_Matter
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 918
    Here's the sad part about this. No matter how much we all **** and moan about the (ever increasing) number of glitches, we are all still refitting, testing, practicing, and doing everything we can to rock this raid out.

Face it, we've been assimilated. :spurtz: :spurtz: :spurtz:
    Battle Pirates: The Aldierus Chronicles<---Click Here

My Base Doesn't have to be the Best. It just has to be a harder target than yours.

Putting a Memorial in an enemy sector is like putting a big red shiny button in my face saying "DON'T PUSH"
  • NUTS
    NUTS
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,552
    i hope the grand prize is a massive booby trp in bases for attackers
    You stick it on one of your builds (harvestors not allowed) and if an attacker demos that building your entire base explodes, taking attacker with it
  • Cronic Rainbow
    Cronic Rainbow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 216
    maybe they should do a glitch free prize and take the lagging away...maybe bring back when ur able to hook ppl after hitting a base!!!
    name: pSyCho-WAR
    lvl: 47??!?
    sector: maybe near u ;)
    Alliance: WAR
    Jeder hat Anspruch auf ihre eigene Meinung bilden. Es ist nur so, dass dir dumm ist :rolleyes:
  • UncleB
    UncleB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 930
    Target wrote: »
    We will know what the new prize it when all the hackers start running around with it

LOL....LOL...LOL...Right on...lol
  • FinalShadow
    FinalShadow
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 3,946
    The quota prizes are flak turrets for ships...
    I think this would be awesome :D MAKE IT KIXEYE. OR I'LL HUNT SWAG AND SHAVE HIS BEARD. :cool:
    http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/200004-Player-Versus-Player-Skill-Raid
    PLEASE VIEW THIS BEFORE POSTING↓
    http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/190072-Wishlist-What-NOT-to-wish-for
    Proud fellow member of The Cult of Swag!!!. Faith level: Orange beard: Demi-Swag
  • UncleB
    UncleB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 930
    Zach Payne wrote: »
    SS Isn't Drac SW , it's a forsaken ship. I think....

The Sea Scorpion is in my intelligence lab as a drac hull
  • OrcwarriorHH
    OrcwarriorHH
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 180
    Tom Farraj wrote: »
    Base Invaders III what is the prize.? for it: :confused:

well i hope they make a quata raid so all have a shot on the 5th quata and make that a ship and 10 mill points then if some ho dont juse cc will cc repair the last mill too get the prize fair for all players and can give kixeye moore coins from none cc players in the future