Predator Submarine Armor Adjustment

  • Dirtyd0g
    Dirtyd0g
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 501
    It is a shame to see kixeye so concerned with making sure low level players cannot grow. Without subs I would still be a level 15 because ever since I got them I have used them to salvage. Battle barges are crap for salvages and so are marauders. It will take all day to open salvages with longboats and without the resources there is no way I will ever get any better ships. It's not like mining is safe because everyone knows mining is too dangerous. Right when you get your fleet full a high level player sinks your fleet and takes it all. I have been using fleets of battle barges and marauders to collect resources and subs to get them. Why is kixeye so mad at low level players that it wants to prohibit their growth?

    An effort to force them to pay to get anywhere? There are many annoying factors about this game and the new policies are making it worse. The last time there was a raid the way it went in our sector was disgusting. All the prizes went to people from other sectors who moved here temporarily to get the prizes then left. For all these changes to work the range of high level players being able to attack low level players needs to be changed. I have personally had 30mil worth of salvage stolen by a player from the next sector within an hour or 2 of being ready to use it on an outpost upgrade. It took me nearly a week to recover and I had to live in a bubble to do that. Without a bubble protection or ability to use my subs as much as I like I will not be able to grow as a player. It took me a week to get 30mil of resources with instant repair subs, I lost it in 5 minutes and the bubble only lasted 17 hours. If this is kixeye's way of saying they are using too much bandwidth and want to run off some players I am certain it will work. I am already considering not playing anymore and the changes haven't hurt me yet. I'm sure all of the level30+ players love these changes because now they can farm the low level players constantly and the low level players cannot do anything to protect themself from it. Seriously what can a level 25 player do to a level30 player? if they spend all their fleets maybe they can cost them 30 minutes of repair time while they go back and spend 3 hours repairing.
    Alan (Leaf Erickson sector 213)
    Please do not speak the truth or your words will be edited by moderators
    What you read in my name may or may not be my words, kixeye moderators like to change them
    Accuracy of the posts is not guaranteed, neither is the signature
    Make sure to get a screenshot of every boat you build because if it vanishes you will be told you never had it and when you say something on the forum about it you will get infractions from each and every mod in true gestapo fashion!
  • freestylepnk
    freestylepnk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 783
    Dirtyd0g wrote: »
    It is a shame to see kixeye so concerned with making sure low level players cannot grow. Without subs I would still be a level 15 because ever since I got them I have used them to salvage. Battle barges are crap for salvages and so are marauders. It will take all day to open salvages with longboats and without the resources there is no way I will ever get any better ships. It's not like mining is safe because everyone knows mining is too dangerous. Right when you get your fleet full a high level player sinks your fleet and takes it all. I have been using fleets of battle barges and marauders to collect resources and subs to get them. Why is kixeye so mad at low level players that it wants to prohibit their growth?

    An effort to force them to pay to get anywhere? There are many annoying factors about this game and the new policies are making it worse. The last time there was a raid the way it went in our sector was disgusting. All the prizes went to people from other sectors who moved here temporarily to get the prizes then left. For all these changes to work the range of high level players being able to attack low level players needs to be changed. I have personally had 30mil worth of salvage stolen by a player from the next sector within an hour or 2 of being ready to use it on an outpost upgrade. It took me nearly a week to recover and I had to live in a bubble to do that. Without a bubble protection or ability to use my subs as much as I like I will not be able to grow as a player. It took me a week to get 30mil of resources with instant repair subs, I lost it in 5 minutes and the bubble only lasted 17 hours. If this is kixeye's way of saying they are using too much bandwidth and want to run off some players I am certain it will work. I am already considering not playing anymore and the changes haven't hurt me yet. I'm sure all of the level30+ players love these changes because now they can farm the low level players constantly and the low level players cannot do anything to protect themself from it. Seriously what can a level 25 player do to a level30 player? if they spend all their fleets maybe they can cost them 30 minutes of repair time while they go back and spend 3 hours repairing.
    Alan (Leaf Erickson sector 213)

    That is so full of crap. So now you need to use a little bit of time to repair instead of an instant. You can still use the subs, if you don't take damage (like you should), then this won't be a problem.

    Kixeye is making sure that you LEARN 2 PLAY.
    Immortal_Kombat aka Freestylepunk - Retired Level 59 
    Sectors visited: 130, 235, 182, 183, 239, 312, 396, 404, 108
  • JayZeus
    JayZeus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 104
    I have collected more res with my subs than any of my other fleets combined. I can take 9's or 10's pretty much at will and the amount that I've had to spend on repairs is very minimal. Die hard sub users will continue whether they are ir or not. It's still worth it.
  • Instigator1
    Instigator1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,825
    So tired of the "lower levels can't grow without..." crap , when I started half of the crap they've got at their disposal now to grow with was not even in game yet. As far as the subs go maybe they wouldn't need an armor buff if they weren't annoying the hell out of higher level players with em for 5 minutes at a time then going back and hiding in their bubbles
    KIXEYE CS Xandamere : How about I give you some BP resources for, say, a share of ownership in your house?
    KIXEYE CS Krypt0night : *sigh* I showed Yoda this thread and he told me that I should close it because fear led to this anger and this anger will lead to hate, followed soon after by suffering.
  • HAVEN-MOHST
    HAVEN-MOHST
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 39
    r80354 wrote: »
    If you dont like being attacked FvF, keep your precious ships on the inside where you wont get a repair bill

    The problem isn't ME GETTING THE REPAIR BILL, it's the sub player NOT getting the repair or time bill!!! Obviously someone can't read and figure out what is being said. I have no qualms about being sunk...their just ships in a game...which I can easily repair with TIME!!! BUT not subs. THEY INSTANT REPAIR!!! So while I have to wait...the sub player is out and about doing it to some other player. Over and over...it gets abused!!! Which is Kixeye's whole POINT!!!
  • Zirg
    Zirg
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,799
    Dirtyd0g wrote: »
    It is a shame to see kixeye so concerned with making sure low level players cannot grow. Without subs I would still be a level 15 because ever since I got them I have used them to salvage. Battle barges are crap for salvages and so are marauders. It will take all day to open salvages with longboats and without the resources there is no way I will ever get any better ships. It's not like mining is safe because everyone knows mining is too dangerous. Right when you get your fleet full a high level player sinks your fleet and takes it all. I have been using fleets of battle barges and marauders to collect resources and subs to get them. Why is kixeye so mad at low level players that it wants to prohibit their growth?

    An effort to force them to pay to get anywhere? There are many annoying factors about this game and the new policies are making it worse. The last time there was a raid the way it went in our sector was disgusting. All the prizes went to people from other sectors who moved here temporarily to get the prizes then left. For all these changes to work the range of high level players being able to attack low level players needs to be changed. I have personally had 30mil worth of salvage stolen by a player from the next sector within an hour or 2 of being ready to use it on an outpost upgrade. It took me nearly a week to recover and I had to live in a bubble to do that. Without a bubble protection or ability to use my subs as much as I like I will not be able to grow as a player. It took me a week to get 30mil of resources with instant repair subs, I lost it in 5 minutes and the bubble only lasted 17 hours. If this is kixeye's way of saying they are using too much bandwidth and want to run off some players I am certain it will work. I am already considering not playing anymore and the changes haven't hurt me yet. I'm sure all of the level30+ players love these changes because now they can farm the low level players constantly and the low level players cannot do anything to protect themself from it. Seriously what can a level 25 player do to a level30 player? if they spend all their fleets maybe they can cost them 30 minutes of repair time while they go back and spend 3 hours repairing.
    Alan (Leaf Erickson sector 213)

    LMAO, I grew without subs. Why can't you? wow lol some ppl want everything for nothing
    Shhh!!!!! Be wery, wery quiet. I'm hunting wabbits.
  • Foli
    Foli
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 219
    I never used subs up until I was level 28 or so, even then I only used them for salvages, I hate them. I grew just fine and quickly at that with my barges and levi's...how? Because I had a decent base!
    Foli - Lv 32
    Current Sector: Unknown - Previous sectors: 170, 396, 375, 210, 70, 255, 230, 423, 465, 138, 149, 457, 252, 8, 377, 438 & 267.
    Base Invadors 5 Winner - Owner of Barracuda, Goliath and Strike Cruiser.
    Best thread ever: http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/200393-Swags-6th-quota-achieved
    Report a player/Report a bug/Request cookies: KIXEYE Support Form

    Proud to no longer play the shower of **** that is...Battle Pirates.
  • Captain Crapalot
    Captain Crapalot
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 293
    Dirtyd0g wrote: »
    It is a shame to see kixeye so concerned with making sure low level players cannot grow. Without subs I would still be a level 15 because ever since I got them I have used them to salvage. Battle barges are crap for salvages and so are marauders. It will take all day to open salvages with longboats and without the resources there is no way I will ever get any better ships. It's not like mining is safe because everyone knows mining is too dangerous. Right when you get your fleet full a high level player sinks your fleet and takes it all. I have been using fleets of battle barges and marauders to collect resources and subs to get them. Why is kixeye so mad at low level players that it wants to prohibit their growth?

    An effort to force them to pay to get anywhere? There are many annoying factors about this game and the new policies are making it worse. The last time there was a raid the way it went in our sector was disgusting. All the prizes went to people from other sectors who moved here temporarily to get the prizes then left. For all these changes to work the range of high level players being able to attack low level players needs to be changed. I have personally had 30mil worth of salvage stolen by a player from the next sector within an hour or 2 of being ready to use it on an outpost upgrade. It took me nearly a week to recover and I had to live in a bubble to do that. Without a bubble protection or ability to use my subs as much as I like I will not be able to grow as a player. It took me a week to get 30mil of resources with instant repair subs, I lost it in 5 minutes and the bubble only lasted 17 hours. If this is kixeye's way of saying they are using too much bandwidth and want to run off some players I am certain it will work. I am already considering not playing anymore and the changes haven't hurt me yet. I'm sure all of the level30+ players love these changes because now they can farm the low level players constantly and the low level players cannot do anything to protect themself from it. Seriously what can a level 25 player do to a level30 player? if they spend all their fleets maybe they can cost them 30 minutes of repair time while they go back and spend 3 hours repairing.
    Alan (Leaf Erickson sector 213)

    Gee mate you said it well. KIXEYE you should really give some thought to your lower level players as well!
  • Aaron C Reichert
    Aaron C Reichert
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 462
    awesome, they where to cheap for the damage they could potentially inflict, allowing anyone to wreak havoc for next to nothing. on the other hand, SFB3 has really put a crimp on sub griefing already...

    and to all the low level players whining

    you guys have it way easier then we did grow a pair and get over it.
    I back this negative infinity. Nullifying your insane percentages.
    Well, I back this with a lot of positive negativity.... :P
  • Rumseeker
    Rumseeker
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 2,893
    Actually if you would stop whining for 2 minutes and give it some thought, you'd realize that this change was and is being done with ALL players in mind. Low and High alike. Yes there are some longer repair times but that takes away NOTHING from a subs abilities to run in and sink higher level salvages almost without damage. It simply means that for those that choose to abuse it that they cannot keep sending out a steady stream of sub fleets at zero to no cost.
    Rumseeker
    Lvl 34
    Sector 361
    ID 1122925
    Browser: Firefox
    OS: WIndows 7

    "Kicking the crap out of RRs wherever they Frubble"
  • Stomper
    Stomper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 126
    Wow!!! Captain Cry baby, subs are pretty new. I love them for salvage and taking down big boats. The new policy doesn't stop you from salvaging, it just makes it more even keel. If you don't like it, Farmville may be more to your taste. Quit whining and get over it!!
    image
  • Stomper
    Stomper
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 126
    Give me a break. In most sectors the high level players open salvs for lower players. Unless they cry a lot.
    image
  • Ollie99
    Ollie99
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,175
    SFB3 was the only "fix" needed to combat subs that put the ballance (if you could call it that) back on the side of the big boys. High level players have been killing the crap out of lower level players fleets with little or no damage since I started playing this game, months ago. Plenty of them "abused" that as well, killing miners minding their own business, or just because they were bored and like to start arguements in comms or piss the little guys off because there didn't used to be anything they could do about it. Answer to that was subs and yes fast repairing subs at that it was part of what made them effective when your sector was under attack by a bunch of high level fleets from next door. Now that it is them taking a hit they don't like it, say whatever you want but it's clear that they whined and KIXEYE gave in. But whatever... so many people say stop whinning to the sub users and they are some of the ones that have been whinning all along about the subs. If you don't want to keep getting hit by sub fleets over and over again you shouldn't have pissed the little guy off, or after you've killed a couple leave the battle field if you can't take it. Its what the little guys had to do after the big guy's one fleet killed all of theirs. What would the big guys say then "If you don't want to get destroyed leave the battle field." Sound familiar? But no yall want play big fish in the pond it really just makes you bullies and ****. Yall are just mad that all those fast repair sub fleets can wear your sws or whatever down if your dumb enough to stick around after you've killed a few.


    Ollie, lvl 31.
    "Whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea."

    Mel Brooks

    Sectors: Too many to remember off the top of my head.

    lvl: 33, I think.
  • Ollie99
    Ollie99
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,175
    ...and really, all you big coiners are mad for the reason that the sub fleet actually repairs in less time than it takes to have a battle !!

    Really?

    You should all be screaming at cm swag because your expensive sfb-3 cappuccino machines take 20x longer to repair than you actually play with them.

    Attachment not found.

    ooooooooh now you can all dominate the pesky lower level players!!
    Sheesh!

    lmfao!!!!!!!!!!, got to click on the attachment.
    "Whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea."

    Mel Brooks

    Sectors: Too many to remember off the top of my head.

    lvl: 33, I think.
  • telemarks
    telemarks
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 637
    Thanks for all the feedback you gave on the subject. We took it all into consideration and decided to move forward with making this go live in the game.
    We have recalled the change for further testing.
    Any news on when the buff to 120 Armour for Preds, that was put live for a short time only to be nerfed back to 80 Armour, will be un-nerfed or re-buffed?

    Un-nerf .. or re-buff, your choice Swag, as I don't mind which. Just do it SOON!
    ==================
    BP Home Sector = 77 
    BP Sectors Visited - 240, 77, 296, 407, 104, 78, 52, 11, 197, 241, 88, 94, 491, 456, 182, 497, 171, 313, 100, 379

    Retired from active BP playing at level 82
  • Boddie
    Boddie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 113
    I find it hilarious that the players going on about "sub" players whining, are the ones whining about how they're tired of the sub fleet repair times. Get over it. If Kixeye does fix this and puts the subs back to the higher repair times, more will quit since they have next to no chance to get decent salvs before completing the better builds. Subs level the playing ground for lower level players. We get tired of the subs too, but after marauders and bb's the wait and cost of the levis + is prohibitive to these lower levels. Just because a few are gaming the system doesn't mean that you should mess up all the rest. Fix those gaming it, lock out the subs at higher levels giving a $ for $ scrap, or give a new in-between hull that makes it more of an incentive to use them. I use subs, am building levis, and really want sw's, but I'm willing to wait the time frames IF I'm still able to play in the meantime. Subs give me that.
    BP ID#: 3971601
  • freestylepnk
    freestylepnk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 783
    Boddie wrote: »
    If Kixeye does fix this and puts the subs back to the higher repair times, more will quit since they have next to no chance to get decent salvs before completing the better builds.

    What? Are you using subs to tank? You shouldn't even be taking damage against dracs. Going for instant repair to 2 minutes per dead sub isn't going to ruin anything. Stop being such a crybaby.
    Immortal_Kombat aka Freestylepunk - Retired Level 59 
    Sectors visited: 130, 235, 182, 183, 239, 312, 396, 404, 108
  • 00zau
    00zau
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 6,403
  • better-than-most
    better-than-most
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 104
    OK here is the answer just take away the subs. all of us high level players had to go through the game without taking out lvl 7+ salvages because their wasnt any. we had to fight to the death to get resources. hitting lvl 5 and 6 salvages killed our fleets, now a lvl 20 can take out a lvl 9 salvage and have all the resources they want just goes against the whole leveling up process. you get bigger and you get better ships, inturn you can take out bigger salvages. all you sub users crying about subs armor being buffed couldnt make it back when the high lvl players were playing because their were no instant repair ship that could take out salvages in one hit. stop the crying and go play farmville with all the other subbers that couldnt handle the pirate life!
    IGN:better-than-most
    Lvl:27
    Sector:159
    User ID:3799698
    Put your handbag away and play like a man. You just got trolled. Here, eat a tablespoon of cement and harden the f*$# up
    Congratulations, you are the one-hundred-thousandth person to ask this! Your prize, a command: Search before you post!
  • AlmightyOne
    AlmightyOne
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 141
    i dont know if you guys know this but if u click repair then cancel right away you still have insta repair subs.. doesnt really matter higher armor or not
  • Edward_Teach
    Edward_Teach
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 166
    What? Are you using subs to tank? You shouldn't even be taking damage against dracs. Going for instant repair to 2 minutes per dead sub isn't going to ruin anything. Stop being such a crybaby.

    Nope, nothing to complain about at all except their effectiveness at being used for base defense. I don't use them cause i don't mind being out 4min per wolf, cause i can kill 1 or 2 fleets with mine before I get to the point that the are all dead. I do a fair amount of damage, and that was working with only 3 wolves due to priorities. Now that I've got 4 with my special cocktail sauce and one is meant for finding subs, other players are going to hate my wolves even more. I don't really care if subs are instant per ship or not, but think of it this way, this is a "problem" specifically is because it allows non-coiners to compete with coiners in PvP, which becomes a problem because spending money should obviously make you better or solve your problems right?
    The M wrote: »
    Relentless wrote: »
    Wheres SWAG ?

    He is doing a 8 day refit on his beard. You'll be unable to see him during that time.
  • lilwill
    lilwill
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 49
    i got 4 min insta-repair on my sw,s armor is repair time stop crying lol
  • Krazie243
    Krazie243
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 10,669
    The Predator Submarines currently have a base armor value of 80. This means that if Predators are not equipped with any additional armor and have small flagship, they can instant repair. After several months of seeing how the Predator is being used in combat, we feel that they should not be able to instant repair.

    We will be buffing the base armor value of Predator Submarines to ensure that no fleet combination of “4 Predators + a small flagship” will allow for an instant repair time.

    What will happen to people that repair 1 AP and then stop and launch? 1 AP ships can fight nearly as well as any other ship so long as they are not shot at. Are you going to institute a minimum AP to launch a ship?
    I don't play much anymore =(
  • donutguy
    donutguy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 118
    maybe it's been too long since I've insta-repaired them (waste of res to me, I just go to 2hp) but thinking about it, I agree with those that say it's a scheme to make money

    for those of you who say it's cuz high lvls whine, how will this help? lower lvls can still repair to 2hp and be just as much of a nuisance

    for those of you who say it will hurt the low levels, the only point I've seen that made any sense is something about "higher tech" (assuming engines and havocs) but that doesn't make any sense either, unless the change somehow makes it harder to get salvage, and it doesn't if you just repair to 2hp

    the only real changes I can see, are 1, people being required to have a tiny bit more patience (waiting for 2hp vs clicking to speed up) and 2, people who are used to clicking insta repair, will unwittingly spend credits

    I am fine with the both these things, IF KIXEYE announces and makes the change perfectly clear, or changing the location of the speed up button, however I seem to remember a time in BYM where they changed the orientation of some buttons, resulting in me spending gold when I intended to press cancel...

    @Curtis - interesting point...they DO prevent me from attacking anything, and I think maybe launching as well, if the combined fleet hp is too low (like about 5)
  • HanQuinJao2
    HanQuinJao2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 548
    I would rather they leave it alone, but I'm a level player where I can have good Seawolves and not depend so much on subs.

    Here's my problem with this...as players advance, they often depend heavily on salvages to get resources and (perhaps more importantly) blueprints. **Blueprints are rare** You take the easy repair subs away from the players that are rising up in the ranks and depend on them, then you are taking away an important element.

    People put valuable time into this game, getting blueprints, hoping that the window that pops up after the sub battle will show that they've won a blueprint, fighting for resources. I know you can let it repair for a few seconds and have a serviceable sub, so why change anything? Let the players that depend on the subs for salvages, resources and blueprints not have to hassle with using subs that are 99% damaged.
    Battle Pirates 947189
    Windows XP SP3
    Flash 10.3
    Mozilla 7.0.1
  • Deadstone Carter
    Deadstone Carter
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 67
    What stops you from putting 1 point of repair in each submarine and heading back out?
  • dude26212
    dude26212
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 668
    sounds like they should place a requirement of all ships fully repaired before a fleet can be deployed which wouldn't affect me any
  • USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    Lmoa curits just made the game winning point.

    Subs only need 1 hp since they get killed in 1 shot by most things anyways lol.

    HAHA! Subs rock ftw!
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    Fallout wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Calypso1
    Calypso1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 244
    Love it! They are not hard to kill take minimal damage killing them can fight about 100 before having to repair they are plain and simply just annoying! It doesnt give the little guys a weapon against the big guys cause they cause us no damage. So longer repair time so the annoyance is gone I vote YES
    Level 34
    Sailing with DR
    Female Pirates Are Ruthless & Down Right Scary!
  • grebnoj
    grebnoj
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 98
    well i dont think the problem with pred subs "glass cannons" is armour nor repair time.......its the fact they can use the top tier of a weapon.........

    the solution should be to adjust havoks weight so that pred cannot have havok 4s and cant even have havok3s x 2 if they have engines......doing this would make stalkers wat they should be....but they need a little too....the secondary weapon slot should be able to be torps also....and i know people would say noway too OP to have 16 havok 4s firing.... but then those subs would have uses and lets face it they take as long to repair as our heavy armoured fleets do


    that would actually balance alot IMHO and kill the stupid pred only comm warriors
This discussion has been closed.