Spectator Mode

• DTH-rw
    DTH-rw
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 522
    sweet. i was just about to ask for this

Wrong forum this is battle pirates not war commander but i believe the ability to see your base being attacked is coming soon in wc.
    You can't imitate perfection.
    Shiba wrote: »
    you must of been one of those that cored out the lvl 28 bases then..
    NOT being able to core out the base is a good thing.
    i bet i can core out ur base noob
  • OldGrumpyKillerKoala
    OldGrumpyKillerKoala
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 252
    This is a neat idea- allows others to learn techniques etc especially lower levels
  • robocop
    robocop
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 90
    yesssssss that is what i was waiting for i like to watch..
    MagicNinja_SBS lvl 60 ID# 275467
    owner of- every boat in the game :D
    Raid wins - BI 2, BI 3, BI 4, BI 5, BI 6, SW, SS, SF, LR,LF
    memeber of the SBS strike team
    sectors visited - 59,61,60,411,367,406,407,178,413,369,408,152,
    Rubber Ducky Your The One... You Make Bath Time So Much Fun!!!!!! :D
  • David C
    David C
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 347
    This is definitely getting more interesting!
    CreechLV34
    Do not put off till tomorrow what can be put off till day-after-tomorrow just as well. — Mark Twain
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAdzBaPDmJk&feature=youtu.be
    I miss the 'Classic Version' of Battle Pirates!:(
  • blksvt
    blksvt
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 77
    lysan i agree with you i dont like the alert feature. with them adding a patrol fleet it would be impossible to hit bases, causee you would need 3 fleets to do it. and you cant do that if all of a players neighbors get an alert that you are there. i love the spectating part of this, but they need to take the alert feature out
    Blksvt-SBS Level 55
    SBS Strike Team Member
    Hulls owed cuda, toilet, strike cruiser, destroyer, light cruiser, battle cruiser, battleship, strike cruiser, interdictor, sea scorpion A, corvette, hammerhead B, dread X, spectre, and super fortress
    current sector 413
    Sector visited 60, 61, 367, 406, 407, 413
  • kevin b
    kevin b
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 11
    when does it start :D
  • Kickass BDS
    Kickass BDS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 1,426
    <mean comments>
     Kickass (BDS)  
    Sector: CURRENTLY PLAYING "another game" (name redacted because of a forum mod's threat of a ban)............... because Battle Pirates Devs DO NOT LISTEN and REFUSE to do what is NEEDED  to put Battle Pirates back on track.
     ------------------------------------------------------------------- 
    Youtube:

• kevin b
    kevin b
    Greenhorn
    Mike Wood wrote: »
    this is NOT a smart idea on many levels. seriously what the hell are you guys thinking??? the servers barely hold their own as it is. now youre gonna let multiple players connect to the same battles?....gee how bad is the lag gonna be now....if this idea was to be implemented it should only be for FRIENDS ONLY. first reason is for the massive server lag. second, tactics. ok so now everyone is gonna know 2 things. 1. how im hitting a base or a fleet. 2. **** off a base or fleet if it has been difficult for them. I DO NOT PUT TIME AND EFFORT INTO PLAYING THIS GAME TO ALLOW 2 HR PLAYERS (THAT I DID NOT APPROVE OF) TO JUMP IN AND SEE HOW THINGS ARE DONE. THIS IS SERIOUS BULLSHIT.
    lmao crying over someone trying to learn how to attack a base come on
  • Jaczilla OddFour
    Jaczilla OddFour
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 313
    This is great news!...we use skype voice and this will make me pmsl rather loudly =))
    ~~ Arrr!! there`s life after Zynga/PRTC and ~~ "The Dirty Bess" sails ~~  into even more Drama ~~

Born 179 ~ June 1st, 2011 ~ 511K ID# ~ On Tour since December, 2011 ~ Alliance N1C ~ Full pretty picture Set ~
  • Kickass BDS
    Kickass BDS
    Incursion Leader
    This is a neat idea- allows others to learn techniques etc especially lower levels

um excuse me... put in the time and learn it for yourself.
     Kickass (BDS)  
    Sector: CURRENTLY PLAYING "another game" (name redacted because of a forum mod's threat of a ban)............... because Battle Pirates Devs DO NOT LISTEN and REFUSE to do what is NEEDED  to put Battle Pirates back on track.
    Youtube:

• daddyc2121
    daddyc2121
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 18
    I think this is a great feature that will help with training new players. I do think you should be able to decide who is allowed to see the fight. But still a good idea.
  • azagoth
    azagoth
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 538
    Bout **** time lol!!!
    :cool:
  • Kickass BDS
    Kickass BDS
    Incursion Leader
    kevin b wrote: »
    lmao crying over someone trying to learn how to attack a base come on

you really are as stupid as you sound. if you read my post you would know exactly what i meant. obviously you haven't put in alot of time and effort into learning how to play this game. if you did you might be a bit more understanding as to why it pisses me off. you're kind of people is what kills games like this.
     Kickass (BDS)  
    Youtube:

• Jack_M
    Jack_M
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 228
    not sure I want a bunch of n00bz spectating me fight and seeing my strategies
    Jack
    Level 52
  • Kickass BDS
    Kickass BDS
    Incursion Leader
    daddyc2121 wrote: »
    I think this is a great feature that will help with training new players. I do think you should be able to decide who is allowed to see the fight. But still a good idea.

i have better things to do while in a fight htan to be pressing accept/deny. at most allow friends only to view. other that that this feature should not be implemented.
     Kickass (BDS)  
    Youtube:

• kevin b
    kevin b
    Greenhorn
    you really are as stupid as you sound. if you read my post you would know exactly what i meant. obviously you haven't put in alot of time and effort into learning how to play this game. if you did you might be a bit more understanding as to why it pisses me off. you're kind of people is what kills games like this.

would a lvl30 not have exp to this game lmao
  • DTH-rw
    DTH-rw
    Skilled Warrior
    this is NOT a smart idea on many levels. seriously what the hell are you guys thinking??? the servers barely hold their own as it is. now youre gonna let multiple players connect to the same battles?....gee how bad is the lag gonna be now....if this idea was to be implemented it should only be for FRIENDS ONLY. first reason is for the massive server lag. second, tactics. ok so now everyone is gonna know 2 things. 1. how im hitting a base or a fleet. 2. **** off a base or fleet if it has been difficult for them. I DO NOT PUT TIME AND EFFORT INTO PLAYING THIS GAME TO ALLOW 2 HR PLAYERS (THAT I DID NOT APPROVE OF) TO JUMP IN AND SEE HOW THINGS ARE DONE. THIS IS SERIOUS BULLSHIT.

ps: the alert feature is also just dumb. all its gonna do is spam the comms. unneeded bandwidth on a useless feature. players need to play the game and PAY ATTENTION to whats going on. there are so many other features you could add to the game that actually makes t better to play....yet you do not add them. instead you leave things broken and unbalanced, yet want to add more crap features to the game. way to go kix.

I think this post pretty much sums up my opinion of this update.
  • DTH-rw
    DTH-rw
    Skilled Warrior
    kevin b wrote: »
    would a lvl30 not have exp to this game lmao

The base layout and tech you have in your base your flt designs and tactics are the things that matter not your lvl.
  • kevin b
    kevin b
    Greenhorn
    DTH-rw wrote: »
    The base layout and tech you have in your base your flt designs and tactics are the things that matter not your lvl.
    so far ffs and hhs dont get in but only dreads can
  • Big Jo
    Big Jo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 47
    Mike....100% agree with you. This is a bad idea. LvL 30 dont mean much anymore.

DOZER
    ID# 316870
  • cdj
    cdj
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 383
    great now i dont have to test every base in the sector they can all watch haha
    CaptainCrunch-LtFu (60) :confused:

current hulls : ALL

join this group to for the 2nd shipyard/drydock support: http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/
  • Capt Rotmeat
    Capt Rotmeat
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 34
    Hmmm sounds like your a bit scared someone will watch you sink and laugh.

Hmmm sounds like you can't come up with a good counter argument and have resorted to a petty and extremely weak attempt at a personal attack.
  • Munchy
    Munchy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 800
    Stay on topic guys and no flaming.

I personally am pretty neutral on the idea. It will be nice to see some battles..but honestly if I want to watch battles I can always go to YouTube and type in battle pirates..

My opinion:
    -If it adds lag, don't implement it. It is not worth it
    -If it does not add lag, go ahead and implement it. It is might be entertaining when you don't feel like BP hunting/other tedious activities while waiting for week+ upgrades to finish.
    BYM:Your User ID is: 6555447
    BP:Your User ID is: 4629501
  • danarchy
    danarchy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 41
    There is currently no way for a 3rd party to view a battle in progress.

We will be implementing a feature that allows any player to view a “Fleet VS Fleet” or “Fleet VS Base” battle. Any player can use the mouse to click on a battle and view the battle as a spectator only (cannot participate in battle). Spectators will not be able to view submerged submarines.

There will also a feature that announces when battles are taking place near your base in the Comm (chat window). This feature can be easily disabled if you do not want to receive battle notifications.

As Battle Pirates is a Massively Multiplayer Online game, we feel this will greatly enhance the effect of being an open-world game. The game has a strong emphasis on competition, so it only makes sense to grant anyone the ability to view players competing with each other.

Hell YES!!! I love this ****. It lets you know who's ****. All the liars will be exposed. 2 thumbs up to kix on this awesomeness. :)
  • ANGRY-VENOM
    ANGRY-VENOM
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 27
    AWESOME...FINALLY! sure hope it doesn't keep glitching tho!
    COBRA alliance rocks!
    -:mad:
  • FBgamer
    FBgamer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 616
    Yes! Finally! I think this is a great idea! However...

I agree with Munchy. It should only be implemented IF it causes NO noticeable degradation in game performance.

Also, in my opinion it's reasonable that some people (for whatever reason) may not want their battles visible. I think the one who initiates the attack should have control of whether spectators are allowed or not. The one being attacked should have not such rights. The problem with this added option though is that implementing it can get complicated.
  • bpm
    bpm
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 243
    OMG the LAG will be unbelievable!

Change the name to WHITE SCREEN, Pirates.
    User ID is: 331423
  • shaunbrewer
    shaunbrewer
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 83
    OMG kixeye finally i am at the stage where i want to kiss you right now this is all AWESOME plus i think this idea is good to help low level players to enhance there level. Keep this up kixeye people will love you more :D
  • alanf
    alanf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,348
    great, i am a bit reserved on the battles near your base being announced since this will increase the amount of heat you have when trying to get home
    Alanf  - I was pounding bases at level 50, so why don't you 50**** me now?
  • Azazel
    Azazel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 135
    I like the battle announcement but not the spectator thing. If someone wants to see how I fight then they should go against me.
    Azazel - Lvl 33 - current sect, noneya

Hang on! This is gonna be a thrill ride of geriatric proportion!

New system lvl 51
This discussion has been closed.