Further confirmation

  • jasonk
    jasonk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 56
    And helmet wearing window lickers keep posting stupid crap...

    So says the sewage eater waiting for us to flush the toilet every morning.
  • Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Dread Pyrate Turtle
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,534
    jasonk wrote: »
    So says the sewage eater waiting for us to flush the toilet every morning.
    WTF? LOL, that's the best comeback you could come up with. *facepalm*
    I guess I could just re-posted my other comment again, as it would have still applied to this post of yours too.
    [QUOTE]"I'm a hacker!" - Will Harbin[/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]"He was once a legit player like you, until he took a cheat tool to the knee." - Xandamere[/QUOTE]
  • Admiral F.A.
    Admiral F.A.
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2011 Posts: 55
    oKay lets see who the real old players are lol


    who remembers the old research/build times :) think it was something like 8 hours for levi and like 1 day 11 hours for ff :D great times

    Don't forget about the ridiculously low resource cost compared to now...
    BP User ID: 4364
    WC User ID: 333
    Swashbuckler - BP Sector 2 member
    Eendracht maakt macht - L'union fait la force - Unity makes strength - Einigkeit macht stark
  • Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,254
    blue_onyx wrote: »
    Now I'm Laughing at You LMFAO :lol:

    LOL well I returned the favor this morning... only thing is I was not as nice... i took out everything... lol its a siege missile hit fest.. getting kinda boring... taking out bases with siege missiles with the boosters is no challenge...

    I see you guys talking about the good ol days.. man those where the times... when a BB fleet loaded down with rippers and cutlass ruled the waters... you could flatten a base with mauraders.... or even better yet cutlass levi fleet battles..... if you got killed it was not a big deal your fleet could be repaired in less than a hour. very few had DU4 on their FVF ships and the ones that did were un-stopable.. one of the best times I ever had in this game was the sector I was in we would have longboat battles.. fun fun fun
  • spicer-70
    spicer-70
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,945
    Well... good to know that flak ain't worth #$$$^#$%. At the very least, if the missile range is going to stay... flak needs a makeover and please don't take 2-3 months to implement :P
  • bees
    bees
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,999
    Burmashave wrote: »
    I know this point has been made several times. By now we all have seen just how effective Siege Missiles are at attacking a base. This video show the CEO of Kixeye steamrolling through my base with a SFB3/Siege Missile fleet. He used 4 Bunker Buster 3’s prior to this attack. One on my dock and the other 3 on Victory Mortars.

    [video=youtube_share;jk0sR2iua0w]

    I see you got the same issue as me lagg when you attack bases, that was some laggy hammerheads you got LMAO =)


    Dear Swag,

    Please do not make any more videos containing such awful misinformation. Even your very own boss knows just how fantastic these weapons are at leveling a base.

    Thank you,
    Burmashave
  • bees
    bees
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 1,999
    SmokinJoe wrote: »
    LOL well I returned the favor this morning... only thing is I was not as nice... i took out everything... lol its a siege missile hit fest.. getting kinda boring... taking out bases with siege missiles with the boosters is no challenge...

    I see you guys talking about the good ol days.. man those where the times... when a BB fleet loaded down with rippers and cutlass ruled the waters... you could flatten a base with mauraders.... or even better yet cutlass levi fleet battles..... if you got killed it was not a big deal your fleet could be repaired in less than a hour. very few had DU4 on their FVF ships and the ones that did were un-stopable.. one of the best times I ever had in this game was the sector I was in we would have longboat battles.. fun fun fun

    I still fight with longships and ships with no armor =) and i just sink sink my enemies!
  • Buddah
    Buddah
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 128
    I'm just curious why the CEO didn't hack the yellow HH instead of the red??? :confused:
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    Buddah wrote: »
    I'm just curious why the CEO didn't hack the yellow HH instead of the red??? :confused:

    theres a red one?. Rumour has it that he sulked when they wouldn't let him keep his pink one.
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

    KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    Spack wrote: »
    theres a red one?. Rumour has it that he sulked when they wouldn't let him keep his pink one.
    True. He tends to attack anyone who denies him of what he wants, as Eric found out. :p
    destrohitskalara.png


    Anyway thanks Will for the base attack. I'll start work on making an anti-Siege missile base design.
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • tunder.
    tunder.
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2010 Posts: 2,086
    oKay lets see who the real old players are lol


    who remembers the old research/build times :) think it was something like 8 hours for levi and like 1 day 11 hours for ff :D great times

    How about this one: Who remembers when mines weren't guarded by drac fleets, and you could have 5FF in a Merc?
    Retired, Not playing BP with planes in it.
  • Blazing_Darkness
    Blazing_Darkness
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2010 Posts: 8,162
    tunder00 wrote: »
    How about this one: Who remembers when mines weren't guarded by drac fleets, and you could have 5FF in a Merc?

    I don't remember the 5FF merc mainly as I didn't have FF reseached at the time, but I do remember the unguarded mines.
    What about multiple fleets mining from the same mine?
    TOME Name: Blaze    Favourite Guardians: Osric (Pusher), Malbus (Tank), Talia (Slayer), Erebus (Tactician)
    The Battle Pirate Glossary - Forum Rules - Support form
  • jeremiah78
    jeremiah78
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,426
    SmokinJoe wrote: »
    ohh god quit with the OP6 BS... if you cant build a good op5 base ...op6 wont help ya

    My op5 is doing just fine even with siege level weapons take multiple missiles to get in i would just like another warehouse for everyones resourses
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
    The M wrote: »
    True. He tends to attack anyone who denies him of what he wants, as Eric found out. :p
    destrohitskalara.png


    Anyway thanks Will for the base attack. I'll start work on making an anti-Siege missile base design.

    Biatches trying to steal my mojo!
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

    KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 617
    and of course... if the original video did not punctuate to point strong enough. Here is Kalara (Eric Foley, Kixeye Senior Engineer) using a Siege Missile/Hailstorm fleet. After this occurred, Kalara stated in Comms that he was going to make recommendations that changes be made.

    [video=youtube_share;ddu4XZEmbvc]

    Special thanks to Kalara for not going up and trolling my research unlike Will did... Heartless...
  • Derrick824
    Derrick824
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2010 Posts: 650
    How many of you remember the 1 on 1 chat that would open up every time you attacked a base?
    Bones510 wrote: »
    I miss being able to whisper someone in comms

    I remember when there wasn't any comms at all. We had to get on the forums to communicate with each other.

    oKay lets see who the real old players are lol


    who remembers the old research/build times :) think it was something like 8 hours for levi and like 1 day 11 hours for ff :D great times

    Back when we only needed a level 6 Hull Lab to research FFs. It wasn't until after SWs came out that I finally finished upgrading mine.


    To take ya'll way back, I remember getting pissed every time there was a game reset & we had to start all over again from scratch.
  • Jebus
    Jebus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 760
    i agree that there is a slight balance issue in favor of the attacker if you have all of the advanced tech. I wasn't using run of the mill missles, i was using at least 4 d-55-v on each hh. We will be doing something about this though. Attacking should be harder for a very well though out base.

    Btw, i use the rockets because i like them! They go boom.

    M....sleep tight tonight.


    boom
                                                                                                               JEBUS LvL 60           
                                                                                                       THUG LIFE OUTLAWZ            
                                                                        Make ya famous : http://www.youtube.com/JebusDaPirate      
  • Jebus
    Jebus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 760
    Oh and another thing how can I add someone from sec 1 or 2, wouldn't mind checking it out

    Jebus Lvl 32
    Home sec 64, currently 379
    ID: 1413205
    RR2 winner
                                                                                                               JEBUS LvL 60           
                                                                                                       THUG LIFE OUTLAWZ            
                                                                        Make ya famous : http://www.youtube.com/JebusDaPirate      
  • carwynpritchard+1
    carwynpritchard+1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 2,345
    resets were annoying -_-

    and burm thanks i wanted to know if kalara was active
    Hugs'N'Rainbows ****
    BPS2

    If i seem nice i am gathering information so i can destroy you
  • carwynpritchard+1
    carwynpritchard+1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 2,345
    Spack wrote: »
    theres a red one?. Rumour has it that he sulked when they wouldn't let him keep his pink one.

    I thought he was sulking because they took his pink tutu off him
    Hugs'N'Rainbows ****
    BPS2

    If i seem nice i am gathering information so i can destroy you
  • xCrookx
    xCrookx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 442
    I agree that there is a slight balance issue in favor of the attacker IF you have all of the advanced tech. I wasn't using run of the mill missles, I was using at least 4 D-55-V on each HH. We will be doing something about this though. Attacking should be harder for a very well though out base.

    Btw, I use the rockets because I like them! They go boom.

    M....sleep tight tonight.

    I hope this doesn't = Nerfing the SFB3.

    I'm sure I read it somewhere already but the logical solution is to bring the Flak Cannons more inline with the new dynamics of Solid fuel Boosters. Tripling the salvos and cutting the reload time in half would be a good baseline IMO.
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 622
    Burmashave wrote: »
    I know this point has been made several times. By now we all have seen just how effective Siege Missiles are at attacking a base. This video show the CEO of Kixeye steamrolling through my base with a SFB3/Siege Missile fleet. He used 4 Bunker Buster 3’s prior to this attack. One on my dock and the other 3 on Victory Mortars.

    [video=youtube_share;jk0sR2iua0w]



    Dear Swag,

    Please do not make any more videos containing such awful misinformation. Even your very own boss knows just how fantastic these weapons are at leveling a base.

    Thank you,
    Burmashave

    I would say my base is 2x harder than this to get in. But today i got breech by siege missiles :confused: didn't even kill 1 HH of his LOL. I wonder what is game creator thinking when he made missiles with such range.
    Angel Base Design OP5<<< Click Link!:D
  • jmorrison
    jmorrison
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 14
    I agree that there is a slight balance issue in favor of the attacker IF you have all of the advanced tech. I wasn't using run of the mill missles, I was using at least 4 D-55-V on each HH. We will be doing something about this though. Attacking should be harder for a very well though out base.

    Btw, I use the rockets because I like them! They go boom.

    M....sleep tight tonight.

    What is on this fleet?
    Doesn't this weapon weight 1,200 tons???
    4x1200=4800 + 12%weight for SFB3(576) = 5376 per ship without other 2 weapons or armor or second special slot?
    Soft cap is now at 5509 to fit 5 in a fleet?
  • mjkokern
    mjkokern
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 93
    Shipyard 2. reduces weight by 15 percent of weapons and armor. Take that into account when you do the math. 4080 for 4 siege missles + sfb gets you too 4569.60
    The anti mortars are over powered and you can sit there like he did with vm's firing on you. So, you could do du3 instead of 4 and be okay.
  • carwynpritchard+1
    carwynpritchard+1
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2011 Posts: 2,345
    mjkokern wrote: »
    Shipyard 2. reduces weight by 15 percent of weapons and armor. Take that into account when you do the math. 4080 for 4 siege missles + sfb gets you too 4569.60
    The anti mortars are over powered and you can sit there like he did with vm's firing on you. So, you could do du3 instead of 4 and be okay.

    shipyard 2 only effects forsaken weapons, Armour not draconian tech
    Hugs'N'Rainbows ****
    BPS2

    If i seem nice i am gathering information so i can destroy you
  • Gail_lim
    Gail_lim
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 622
    :confused: does kixeye staff reply to this thread? I'm quite sick of over powered weapons. Its scaryyyyyy especially if i don't have it roflmao
    Angel Base Design OP5<<< Click Link!:D
  • Burmashave
    Burmashave
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 617
    Yes. Kixeye staff is very aware of this thread.
  • cte
    cte
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 291
    ??
    Gail_lim wrote: »
    I would say my base is 2x harder than this to get in. But today i got breech by siege missiles :confused: didn't even kill 1 HH of his LOL. I wonder what is game creator thinking when he made missiles with such range.
  • xCrookx
    xCrookx
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 442
    Gail_lim wrote: »
    I would say my base is 2x harder than this to get in. But today i got breech by siege missiles :confused: didn't even kill 1 HH of his LOL. I wonder what is game creator thinking when he made missiles with such range.

    If they give the Flak Cannon an overhaul to match the new(ish) Draconian weapons it would balance out nicely. Triple the salvo and cut the reload time in half.
  • Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,254
    mjkokern wrote: »
    Shipyard 2. reduces weight by 15 percent of weapons and armor. Take that into account when you do the math. 4080 for 4 siege missles + sfb gets you too 4569.60
    The anti mortars are over powered and you can sit there like he did with vm's firing on you. So, you could do du3 instead of 4 and be okay.

    Correct me if im wrong......but I dont think it works that way... Siege missiles are not FORSAKEN tech... shipyard 2 only works with forsaken tech... the only thing you gain is armor weight reduction ... so there is no weight reduction when you put on siege missiles
Sign In or Register to comment.