BP about to get it's own currency?

Calaway049
Calaway049
Skilled Warrior
Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 371
edited 17 Jan 2012, 9:37AM
Most (if not all) Facebook games have unique items and/or bonuses that can be bought with Facebook Cedits. Most of these games have their own form of credits that can be bought with FB Credits or real world cash. An example is "Shiny" used in BYM. A game having its own credit system allows the game company to give out credits as part of the game (again, with BYM, you can pick mushrooms for a chance at 3-8 shiny). Anyway, the point of all this is that it looks like BP is finally getting its own credit system.

Most places that offer a chance to upgrade instantly will show a small FB credit image. However, curretly if you try to change a turret, you'll see a small gold coin with a Draconian symbol on it. This "Draconian Gold" may be the new BP unique currency coming out.

BPDracGold.jpg
BPFacebookCredit.jpg
Hmm, I don't recall saying all those things, but that is SO what I would have said.
  • inferno
    inferno
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 147
    Calaway049 wrote: »
    Most (if not all) Facebook games have unique items and/or bonuses that can be bought with Facebook Cedits. Most of these games have their own form of credits that can be bought with FB Credits or real world cash. An example is "Shiny" used in BYM. A game having its own credit system allows the game company to give out credits as part of the game (again, with BYM, you can pick mushrooms for a chance at 3-8 shiny). Anyway, the point of all this is that it looks like BP is finally getting its own credit system.

Most places that offer a chance to upgrade instantly will show a small FB credit image. However, curretly if you try to change a turret, you'll see a small gold coin with a Draconian symbol on it. This "Draconian Gold" may be the new BP unique currency coming out.

BPDracGold.jpg
    BPFacebookCredit.jpg

THe drac coin thing been there for a while now. Dunno if it was overlooked or what. As far as i know most kixeye games use FB credits with exception of BYM.
    Inferno of sector where ever.
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    Well, I just now noticed it. I also just saw the post about temporarily being able to see upcoming Drac turrets, so I figured I'd point this out, too.
    Hmm, I don't recall saying all those things, but that is SO what I would have said.
  • hal_jordan
    hal_jordan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 332
    the drac coin is new and only applies to new players
    BP NAME: Hal_Jordan
    Level:33
    Current sector:170

[QUOTE=Kixeye
  • Dean Vieira
    Dean Vieira
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 7
    I only use cigarettes as my currency
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    How new? I've been playing for a few months and I see it. I just checked with my friend whos only been playing for less than 2 weeks, and he only sees it on turrets, just like me.
  • DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,394
    hal_jordan wrote: »

You're wrong on your statement as Kixeye cannot provide new players with something and not give it to the older and current players as the game is in BETA stage and simply does not work that way. Furthermore, if that were the case I'm pretty sure that a majority of the older players would immediately quit the game as Kixeye would be favoring the newer players, hence giving them an "edge" over the older players that had to work for everything and ultimately the game would fail faster than it began. Think about what you post before you post it, because you sound like a complete jackass otherwise.
  • dracoon.74530.590
    dracoon.74530.590
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 527
    that coin with the F on it is the symbol for fb coins. if there was an error in purchasing coins or somehow kixeye had to "regive" you your coins back, it is called gold...
    Lil_****
    level 80 
    i may talk a lot of crap, but i know how to bring the stain ;) 
    youtube channel- luedtke1010
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    Yes, the second picture is the normal Facebook Credit, I showed it to compare. However, when changing turrets, you see a different coin. That coin is what this discussion is about.
  • Evil Ares
    Evil Ares
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 816
    I believe they call it gold. When Kixeye refunds someone for a glitch or whatnot.. I believe they give you gold instead of actual facebook credits.

Hasn't happened to me, but I've seen other threads about it in the past.
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    Yeah, I'm aware of that, but why use the image for the refund gold for changing turrets?
  • hal_jordan
    hal_jordan
    Skilled Warrior
    You're wrong on your statement as Kixeye cannot provide new players with something and not give it to the older and current players as the game is in BETA stage and simply does not work that way. Furthermore, if that were the case I'm pretty sure that a majority of the older players would immediately quit the game as Kixeye would be favoring the newer players, hence giving them an "edge" over the older players that had to work for everything and ultimately the game would fail faster than it began. Think about what you post before you post it, because you sound like a complete jackass otherwise.

The gold coins is a method which new players can use to quickly advance their upgrade or research. They have about 20 or so and can only use it to research particular weapon or upgrade a building to a certain point or until it runs out.

It doesn't give them an edge over older players.

[QUOTE=Kixeye
  • Calaway049
    Calaway049
    Skilled Warrior
    Like I said, when did they start doing this, because my friend just started playing in 2012 and didn't get them.
  • Pinchy
    Pinchy
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 1,452
    Only corporate greed has kept a game currency from being used. There is also "Gold" in game that was given for players spending the cost of a premium title on one ship and not getting it because of a bug.
  • BP_TGP
    BP_TGP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 585
    if you guys are only seeing it on turrets it's possible we'll need those "coins" to purchase the new drac turret weapons... http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/156628-Draconian-base-weapon-Discussion
    Sink or Swim
  • type-7
    type-7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 358
    fkin lold reading this post, lord d you **** see you moved your peasant base to 180 probaly with muppetpot117
    DikWak LVL 33
    I think you fail to understand the mechanics of endgame level players. I can loot more in 2 hours of salvaging than I need for any upgrade or research,

• DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    hal_jordan wrote: »

What's the matter hal? Too much of a chickenshit to go through my channel that you have to be a **** and snipe me from the outside? Well in less than 24 short hours my friend, I'm coming to 179 then we can see who is really the big shot. There is no room in this game for base hitting pansies like yourself so go play Farmville.
  • Q Rich
    Q Rich
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2010 Posts: 37,470
    It's a bug, it shouldn't be showing like that. Can you report it to us via our Support Form please.
    Please do not contact me directly by Chat or via posts on my profile page. If I cannot deal with it on the forums, it should be taken straight to Support.
  • kingj0n
    kingj0n
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 2,429
    If you attempt to set your turret to something else, it will use FB coins. By just going into your turrets, it shows the drac coin.
  • Rachel Fisher
    Rachel Fisher
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 67
    ive had the gold before when glitched on my got my fb credits back and some gold as a sorry lol
    BP level 27, user id 2288397
  • DAEMONICUS
    DAEMONICUS
    Incursion Leader
    type-7 wrote: »
    fkin lold reading this post, lord d you **** see you moved your peasant base to 180 probaly with muppetpot117

Anytime you want to come on down and visit me, whomever you are I'll be happy to sink your fleets and send you home with a nice little repair bill. From the looks of things Sector 117 is still in serious trouble if they keep bringing crap like this up. Grow up and play the **** game, oh and btw I just love seeing ff fleets with shockwaves and large orions fall at my base.
  • hal_jordan
    hal_jordan
    Skilled Warrior
    What's the matter hal? Too much of a chickenshit to go through my channel that you have to be a **** and snipe me from the outside? Well in less than 24 short hours my friend, I'm coming to 179 then we can see who is really the big shot. There is no room in this game for base hitting pansies like yourself so go play Farmville.

http://forums.kixeye.com/threads/157821-Lord-Daemonicus-Sector-180?p=1344016#post1344016

[QUOTE=Kixeye