Whats the slowest way to earn exp?

USS ENTERPRISE
USS ENTERPRISE
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
edited 17 Jan 2012, 5:27AM
Ok i know it sounds strange but i do "not" want to level up.

I am wondering what is the slowest way to get resources and gain as little as possible in exp.

Salvages?
Mining?
Base Hitting?
Attacking Mining Ships?

I can't seem to find a formula were one is slower than the other.

P.S. im a noob so i might have missed the obvious hear.
Hitman007 wrote: »
some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
FallOut wrote: »
Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
Flo wrote: »
and also it will be easier findable.
  • inferno
    inferno
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 147
    hit level 20 and exp slows down a lot. However not hittin g bases will help sinc efleets can carry 500% of the cargo cap. However mining is the surest way to slow down EXP.
    Inferno of sector where ever.
  • FAQU
    FAQU
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 213
    Not playing lmfao
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 721
    the slowest way to get experience, and is scientifically proven, is to not gather any resources lol
    every resource you gather gives you exp. so that's why base hits give you more xp because it's 5 times the resources a fleet brings from mining, therefore hitting bases makes you gain xp 5x faster than everything else, provided you win of course.
    Lou Seal wrote: »
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base.

I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
    afroninja wrote: »
    I didn't think Man Tim could say anything more stupid, then what he normally post.. Today you have proved me wrong. Congrats. :D
    Rufi0 wrote: »
    "**** be loco"
  • dracoon.74530.590
    dracoon.74530.590
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 527
    when your base receives resources it adds the exp... when you throw resources away at repairs a lot, then that amount of exp is wasted... nothing happens if your base is fully destroyed to your exp... your resource generators r 100% free resources, nothing wasted... and if the generator is robbed it doesnt matter, exp is added when you bank it...

slowest way to level up would be collect resources with minimal fleet damage... that will cut down on some wasted exp/ resources going to something that doesn't advance your base. except rankings...
    Lil_****
    level 80 
    i may talk a lot of crap, but i know how to bring the stain ;) 
    youtube channel- luedtke1010
  • Smokin' Joe
    Smokin' Joe
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 2,246
    Ok i know it sounds strange but i do "not" want to level up.

I am wondering what is the slowest way to get resources and gain as little as possible in exp.

Salvages?
    Mining?
    Base Hitting?
    Attacking Mining Ships?

I can't seem to find a formula were one is slower than the other.

P.S. im a noob so i might have missed the obvious hear.

slowest way to gain exps... lol well become a chat warrior on comms and dont play... you will stay the same lvl for a very long time.

• USS ENTERPRISE
    USS ENTERPRISE
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,686
    so just going out on a limb hear then, but you get the same exp from attacking salvages vs. hitting a base then? Excluding Resources since we all need them.
    Hitman007 wrote: »
    some times we get glitches, but come on, its a great game
    FallOut wrote: »
    Only idea I saw was "We want Dry Dock now" not very good idea.
    Flo wrote: »
    and also it will be easier findable.
  • Chris_Wolfe
    Chris_Wolfe
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 425
    so just going out on a limb hear then, but you get the same exp from attacking salvages vs. hitting a base then? Excluding Resources since we all need them.

Pretty much. Why on earth would you want to slow down the exp gathering. Also something to keep in mind, is that building ships will also generate EXP
    If playing Battle Pirates taught me anything, it's:

You can please some people most of the time, and you can please most people some of the time, but you will never, ever be able to keep those bitchy little whiners who inhabit yours forums from having a cry about every single thing you ever do (or don't do).

*In my best old man voice* Kids these days have no idea how easy they have it. All these new fangled gadgets and no idea how to use it.
  • Cruiser Battle
    Cruiser Battle
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 548
    max ur RGs, no raiding, no mining, just upgrade and bank ur res LOL, one of my friends use this way and he reach 26 level in 8 months lol
    There are no bad ships, only bad drivers
  • Vancouver Jimmy
    Vancouver Jimmy
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 1,553
    too funny! How can I build things but stay a low level to hit easy bases...
    The uncensored Battle Pirates Forum...

http://tinyurl.com/d5bhmhs
  • Kathy L
    Kathy L
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 121

Growth without leveling too quickly is less about collecting resources and more about spending them.

What you want to do is upgrade slowly, cheapest to the most expencive... ie: don't rush to OP5, don't rush to DU4 etc.

As an example if you are, say, halfway through level 24, collection the resources for OP5 will not increase your level, starting OP5 will not increase your level, but the moment OP5 is finished... your level will jump to 25.
  • type-7
    type-7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 358
    buy it with a cc idoit nuff said
    DikWak LVL 33
    I think you fail to understand the mechanics of endgame level players. I can loot more in 2 hours of salvaging than I need for any upgrade or research,

• freestylepnk
    freestylepnk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 783
    I assume you're talking about player xp and not ship xp. I know a few people who are purposely keeping a low level to hit lower level bases. Eg: getting shockwave FFs at level 26. Imagine a level 21's face when they get steamrolled by shockwave FFs.

Anyway, costly research and upgrades give you tons of experience. OP5 took me from barely touching 25 to like 25.6 when it finished. Only research exactly what you need and nothing more. Therefore, you should know what you're going for and plan your path to it while researching/upgrading as little as possible. Keep in mind that refits also give you a lot of experience. Avoid those if possible.
    Immortal_Kombat aka Freestylepunk - Retired Level 59 
    Sectors visited: 130, 235, 182, 183, 239, 312, 396, 404, 108
  • AquaMel
    AquaMel
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 197

JMO but I think he may have phrased his question poorly. Just for me, it wasn't about hitting "Easy bases" but staying under the reach of the higher levels until I was better prepared. Sadly (for the OP) I think the only way to go about it is to just proceed and go at a normal rate. I believe you gain veteran exp points for every battle you enter, whether you win or not. Could be wrong, because I haven't really paid a lot of attention to that aspect of the points.
    Level 30,Sector 388----forum name same as game name---- less confusion that way.
  • IcenI 53
    IcenI 53
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 1,644
    FAQU wrote: »
    Not playing lmfao

lmao Faqu..........
    Old players don't know best !